AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Raffles - Dodgy or Not

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2012
UK
I have always been careful and had a negative approach on Raffles.

I often come to the conclusion they are fixed even before i enter. Do other members feel that some Models Fix Raffles (please note i am not accusing anyone - Just simply having a discussion)

Maybe a Model is brave enough to admit if she has ever fixed a raffle.

Jblackbean2

jblackbean2 said:
I have always been careful and had a negative approach on Raffles.

I often come to the conclusion they are fixed even before i enter. Do other members feel that some Models Fix Raffles (please note i am not accusing anyone - Just simply having a discussion)

Maybe a Model is brave enough to admit if she has ever fixed a raffle.

Jblackbean2

Posts like these make me sad.

Honestly, I really don't see why we'd fix a lot of these raffles.

The only reason i can think of would be for a large $$$ item or for a date raffle where we were lying about being comfortable meeting members.

Thats why im careful that when i do date raffles, the member and I take a few pics together.

And when the one time i did a laptop raffle - the winner is a very active known member of my room who will tell anyone who asks that yep, i sent a laptop and a hardrive full of my vids.

Bottom line though, everything on mfc could be a rip off. If it worries, you i wouldn't enter raffles.

Do I think there are dodgy raffles? Of course there are.

Do I think it's prevalent? Not at all.

Any of the models that I visit on even a semi-regular basis, I would be more than comfortable in thinking their raffles are legit. I have personally never entered a raffle, but not because I think they are dodgy, but because I've never seen one that interests me.

If you think they're dodgy, don't enter.

On a side note, I successfully used there, their and they're in the same post. Just in case you wanted to know.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Honestly, I really don't see why we'd fix a lot of these raffles.

I possible reason I can think of is that one of the model's super regulars spend a lot on tickets that month and she fixed the raffle to ensure that member win instead of some other guy that just bought a few tickets. This will keep the member happy so he might spend more on her next raffle to know that the money he spent paid off.

I do think most raffles are legit though..

Honestly, when I buy raffle tickets, I'm not doing so with the hope of winning -- even if there is a fix, the odds of winning would still have been pretty low. When I've bought raffle tickets in the past, it was in order to have fun participating in a game and give my props to the model. It's as simple as that.

I'm planning a date raffle for AVN in January and I've heard a lot of this same sentiment recently. Personally, I think if someone was rigging the outcome it would be fairly obvious and later raffles would be unsuccessful because of it. Just keep your eyes open and pay attention to the model, most of us are honest and the rest will reveal themselves through their actions.

I'm sure some are, but would imagine the overwhelming majority aren't. The only reason I could see for a model to rig a raffle, is if it's for a date. I can see why a model would want the money generated by a date raffle, but not want to actually go through with meeting a relative stranger who may or may not be a crazy person. If it's for content, or even a Skype show, I really don't see any reason a model would risk losing income from annoyed regulars by conning people. There's nothing to gain there.

If you trust the model, then you have no reason not to enter a raffle, if the prize is something you actually want. If you don't trust the model, then don't enter. :twocents-02cents:

It depends on the prize. My personal opinion on the all expense's paid to visit the model type, they are invariably not legit. Content prizes and smaller prizes tend to be more legit, at least the raffle part but it does not guarantee you will get the prize in a reasonable amount of time if ever. I have personal experience with both. The latter being, I won the raffle but have yet to receive the prize offered. It has been 7 months. So many variables involved it is difficult to give a definitive opinion on all raffles. Just be careful and maybe only tip what you normally would rather than going crazy trying to win a prize.

Overall I think most of them aren't. Most raffles are for little things and just aren't worth the bother. Also the way some of them are done preclude cheating as far as I can tell. For example, one lady on here draws raffles by shaking the bowl until tickets fall out. She'll also say the first so many aren't winners. Only the 9th one, let's say. And then she'll show the names of the first 8 losers thus proving they aren't all the same names. Kind of makes it hard to cheat on that one.

But sadly there are some I do think rig it. There's one model I've 'heard from another person' that she told them she rigged it. Take that here-say for what you will. But when I look at how the model draws the tickets and who usually wins the big ones I believe it. Then another model i've known actually admitted to rigging some raffles in a private with someone. That person shared the video of the private with her saying it. So I saw with my own eyes her admitting it.

So, yeah, it does happen. Thankfully I don't think it's real common. I really only know, or suspect, two models of doing it out of thousands. That's better odds than getting the right change back at Burger King.

There are skeezy scammy members who actually solicit new/low CS cam girls and offer to help them rig raffles. It definitely happens. But I think the majority of you ACF members would be able to get a general feeling of authenticity from the girls you frequent, if not from your general sense, from things you've learned on this forum.

That being said...

When I run a raffle, I definitely hope/wish/want the person/people who contribute a whole heap toward it to win. I want people to feel rewarded for their generosity. But I would never let that hope/wish/want tarnish my reputation as an honest cam girl and rig it in their favor. And I do wholeheartedly believe that the biggest contributors KNOW that I run things fairly and they're taking their chances just like anyone else. I am willing to bet that a LOT of cam girls have the same feeling and process that I do, and wish that those bad apples I mentioned at the opening of this post wouldn't spoil it for the rest of us good apples.

I don't think that most models rig their raffles and I have no evidence that any have. It just seems so easy for a model to rig them that I just don't trust them for that reason alone. That has not stopped me from entering them from time to time but its only with tokens that I wouldn't have tipped anyway for another reason.

I don't enter raffles as a general rule, even if the prize is a pair of knickers from a model I like. I would just as soon give her tokens outright over entering a contest. Likewise, if I need/want a car, I'll just buy the car I want instead of entering a drawing at a baseball game.

I'm not so worried about raffles being rigged. I don't think there's a model on ACF who would endanger the goodwill of her pervs and her reputation to make sure a certain regular wins a raffle.

I have had a model in the past ask me if she can announce me as her date raffle winner.

Some are legit, some are not.

I would say the majority of raffles are legit. A small minority are not legit.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Why in the world would somebody run a date raffle if they are unprepared to follow through on the date? (Yes, I know the answer -- $$$$$ -- but it still confounds me the way some people's brains work.)

There is definatly an element of "if its too good to believe, it probably is"

Ive seen some decent raffles, for realistic prizes and ive seen some silly things put out there

From our point of view, The ACF models are a trustworthy bunch and in the main the reg premiums on here are savvy enough to spot a fraud.

sweetiebatman said:
There is definatly an element of "if its too good to believe, it probably is"

Ive seen some decent raffles, for realistic prizes and ive seen some silly things put out there

One studio as a joke put up raffle notices for Realdolls created to resemble the girls on their profiles. It was kind of an unfunny joke, since the models had to explain it away. :woops:

As others have said, I expect that most of the raffles are legit and a few aren't. I agree that most of the raffle prizes aren't enough of a big deal to make it worth cheating, and hopefully the majority of models are honest anyway. Occasionally there will be a raffle for an expensive prize or a "date" with a model. I can see where there'd be a motivation to give those prizes to regulars/people the model's fairly comfortable with, so maybe a few of those are rigged (I've never been in one of those).

The bottom line for me is, I'm not that concerned about getting stuff, so I'm only going to enter a raffle from a model I would have tipped anyway. I view the ticket cost as just a tip and a show of support for the model's event. If I happen to win, that's just an unexpected bonus.

I guess my advice would be this: For small prizes, probably safe to enter since it's not worth the bother or the risk of a ruined reputation to fix the raffle.
For a large item prize - the model's got to make a profit on the deal, so the odds don't favor you. Only enter if you want to support the model anyway. If it's someone you don't trust or you're really just hoping to win the item, you're probably better off just buying the thing for yourself. For a date type prize, it seems to me that it's only worth entering if you trust the model. Do you really want to meet someone who would cheat you anyway?

Reactions: SexySteph
Status
Not open for further replies.