AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Raffles now banned on Chaturbate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018
Australia
So a model asked me about a warning she got on CB today.

You will need to remove the raffle advertised in your bio, as raffles are not allowed on Chaturbate. They are considered an illegal sweepstakes because they do not provide a way for users to participate without making a purchase. The Chaturbate terms of service require that you must comply with all laws while using our site. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding these matters. Thank you for your understanding.

Is Chaturbate now making 'Raffles' illegal to use?

This model has been doing raffles for Birthdays etc for the past three years as well and never had an issue.

Edit: I checked the ToS on CB and there is no reference to anything with the words Raffle, Sweepstakes, Gambling or the like at all.

@punker barbie are you able to clarify thanks?

I randomly checked out a few other Model Bios and they still have a raffle up. So it seems a case of them picking and choosing between models who are or not allowed to do this?
They just can't control everybody so fast, but don't be too paranoïd. Don't pass too much time to check every room :)

and yes, non-declared Raffles are illegal in many countries, tax system applied is different to a classic sell :/ So, I don't get so well their point here when you report "They are considered an illegal sweepstakes because they do not provide a way for users to participate without making a purchase"

Upvote 0
oh ok, I got it now.
When you have to pay to participate, it's a real waffle and waffle is illegal (or have to be declared for each session)
When you don't oblige to purchase, it's not considered as being a waffle but only a game.

edit: ie in US : https://www.shortstack.com/blog/running-a-giveaway-why-no-purchase-necessary-is-necessary/
edit more...:
don't be too paranoïd. Don't pass too much time to check every room
This just because there are chances that her room was reported by another paranoïd user after he saw his pref' one limited, asking to himself 'why this one is allowed and not my pref ?'

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
oh ok, I got it now.
When you have to pay to participate, it's a real waffle and waffle is illegal (or have to be declared for each session)
When you don't oblige to purchase, it's not considered as being a waffle but only a game.

edit: ie in US : https://www.shortstack.com/blog/running-a-giveaway-why-no-purchase-necessary-is-necessary/
edit more...:

This just because there are chances that her room was reported by another paranoïd user after he saw his pref' one limited, asking to himself 'why this one is allowed and not my pref ?'

.... "waffle" lol. We know you mean "raffle",, but it was fun to read it as waffle instead.

The thing with stuff like raffles, they are a good thing and everyone KNOWS they are not guaranteed a prize from them. The only way I would understand it being against the TOS or prohibited, is if there was NO winner. So long as each prize was won, then that's fair enough but if none were, then absolutely.

People try to be creative and get people to tip etc but then they get limited by things like this, I think it's silly.

• Funny!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Raffles have always been against ToS at Chaturbate, some models just seem to get away with it. I think I remember it being written on the broadcaster agreement even, but I haven’t read that in years so maybe it changed or my memory is faulty. But yeah, I’ve always known it wasn’t kosher

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I think the reasons are Gambling laws related. They seemed to have started to crack down on this when some big model from MFC tried out CB awhile ago and she got banned for holding a raffle.

Anyway

They are "allowing" raffles to occur but they don't allow you to advertise it in the bio. Unless it's written on an image, because it seems like they are automatically doing bio sweeps for the text. Not sure if I would risk it after having received a warning though.

I've heard about a few models getting the same warning but quite a few of frontrow models (therefore apparently advertising something deemed "illegal" to thousands upon thousands ) are allowed to do them (even after others had been warned), advertise them and use specific bots specifically made to automate raffles.

In the end it's CBs site so if they want to stop some from doing something but allow others to do it, no matter how unfair that might be, it's their prerogative.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
No it's not that, the warning they send is exactly like the one in OP. Raffles are not allowed on CB, they are considered to be an illegal sweepstake.

No matter the prize.

Some models are just allowed apparently. Or CB is lacks with enforcing and just does a general bio sweep for the word every now and then (or a combination). I've even heard some people who reported others doing raffles after they got the warning themselves using the exact wording of the warning (illegal sweepstake) and nothing happened, the models didn't get a warning to stop their raffle and are still doing them.

If they were truly intend on stopping raffles they would remove all the raffle apps and bots too, but they haven't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
So what happens if you were to create a method for someone to become part of the 'sweepstakes' with no purchase necessary?

Like answer 5 questions and for each question right you get a free entry, no cost/charge to that person? Then it becomes possible for everyone and anyone to enter the competition without paying any money/tokens at all?

Upvote 0
So what happens if you were to create a method for someone to become part of the 'sweepstakes' with no purchase necessary?

Like answer 5 questions and for each question right you get a free entry, no cost/charge to that person? Then it becomes possible for everyone and anyone to enter the competition without paying any money/tokens at all?
Chaturbate seems to enforce rules according to the popularity of the model rather than the specifics of the question itself. There truly is no need to do raffles when there are so many options to make tokens on CB. Why break the rules?

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.