AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Random Things You Loathe Right Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'm with you on Reddit, tbh. I initially got into it given the plethora of information available on there but quickly discerned that Reddit is a rather toxic, highly-opinionated (not very objective; easily 'butthurt') community. A lot of avid Redditors are huge proponents of free speech when it benefits them but use the 'karma' feature and 'post reports' to remove any dissenting or differing opinions...talk about irony. I left Reddit after a mere few weeks because I just couldn't stand the BS anymore.

Sadly, this is all to common on many sites as well as in real life. Doesn't matter which way a person leans, they'll most times do what's best for them.

How long have you been on? Are you in ketosis yet?

No. I just started today. (I have done it before for months at a time so I'm not totally new to keto)

I should hit ketosis by morning. I fell into ketosis fast before. Then again I'm not as active now so we'll see.

Fucking bad eyes. Fuck them. Fuck the fact that I've worn glasses since I was 2. Fuck them. Fuck them so fucking much. My glasses broke today. While I was sitting on bed. Reading my phone. Not touching them. Just fucking broke spontaneously. Now I have a headache and I have to spend money on new glasses, but it's been over 2 years so I need a new prescription. And honestly, that is overdue, things have been fuzzy for a while. But still! It just sucks throwing so much money at something.

Fucking bad eyes. Fuck them. Fuck the fact that I've worn glasses since I was 2. Fuck them. Fuck them so fucking much. My glasses broke today. While I was sitting on bed. Reading my phone. Not touching them. Just fucking broke spontaneously. Now I have a headache and I have to spend money on new glasses, but it's been over 2 years so I need a new prescription. And honestly, that is overdue, things have been fuzzy for a while. But still! It just sucks throwing so much money at something.

They break so stupidly easy, too! I was wiping foundation off a nose pad and the metal piece attaching it to the frame snapped off. There's so much super glue on there now. It's ridiculous how something you need to see is so expensive to get. I'm well overdue for a new pair, as these are from 2011, but I've been putting it off for 5 years because I keep thinking about the cost and not wanting to spend it.

@SaffronBurke, I have some gift cards to Warby Parker, but since I have such a strong prescription(I have a very severe astigmatism, can only wear gas permeable contacts, and don’t have 20/20 with glasses to give you an idea), it’s not quite enough to cover everything I need to do with the lenses. So fucking frustrating. I was able to superglue mine back since it broke right at the joint cleanly, but I worry whenever my kid gets near my face since she's so fucking rough

I forgot to mention this, my old man has an optician shop. I wear glasses myself by the way. The higher the index of the lenses, 1.51 or 1.56 and so forth, the thinner and more resistant they can be. Frames that have been broken and re-glued never retain the same form.
The secret is to invest in our lenses, it’ll be pricey, but the price will be high enough to include the frame.The lenses is where the revenue is actually made,not the frame. I hope it helps.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
@SaffronBurke, I have some gift cards to Warby Parker, but since I have such a strong prescription(I have a very severe astigmatism, can only wear gas permeable contacts, and don’t have 20/20 with glasses to give you an idea), it’s not quite enough to cover everything I need to do with the lenses. So fucking frustrating. I was able to superglue mine back since it broke right at the joint cleanly, but I worry whenever my kid gets near my face since she's so fucking rough

I feel the awful eye feels. I can see a whopping 4 inches past the end of my nose, so my lense options are coke-bottle, or get the high-density polycarbonate that cost an arm and a leg.

Reactions: CharlieCharma
Reactions: JickyJuly
As mentioned in the Frugal Reddit...a LOT. https://www.zennioptical.com/u6.95-glasses
I'm a snob. If I have to wear something everyday I'm going to love them. I know a lot of people say they don't notice a difference in quality based on what they spend, but I notice with glasses. I've been wearing them for 22 years. One year I bought three cheap pairs and I was so unhappy with all of them. My parents would always have me get cheaper frames as well when I was a kid and a teenager. Then when I turned 18 I bought my first pair of designer frames. Since then I've been able to be happy for 2+ years each time with glasses I love.

This time I will be buying 2 pairs, and they aren't going to be as expensive as my current ones, but they will be Warby Parker ones. I will get up in arms about spending a lot on shirts, dresses, skirts, etc, but I never skimp on outerwear, shoes, or glasses. They need to last a long time, and since you can't go without them, they need to be ones that you love.

Edit: And my prescription still changes every 1.5 to 2 years so I really shouldn't be complaining that they broke now after this long, but I am. The current frames I'm using were actually hand me down frames from my roomamte's ex fiance who only used them for reading, so even another reason I shouldn't be bitching. She had these frames for 4 years. Then I used them for over a year. It sucks, but whatever.

Edit 2: Shit, this made me think about how long it has actually been since I got a prescription. My last new prescription was about a year before I moved to KC. I've lived here for 2.5. I just took my old prescription to get lenses put in these frames when my last pair of glasses broke. No wonder I've been getting mild headaches everyday. Ignore my bitching. It was uncalled for if I had just thought about it for a minute.

Reactions: AmberCutie
There are quality frames, I got a Philip Starck/Alain Mikley with flexible hand
I'm a snob. If I have to wear something everyday I'm going to love them. I know a lot of people say they don't notice a difference in quality based on what they spend, but I notice with glasses. I've been wearing them for 22 years. One year I bought three cheap pairs and I was so unhappy with all of them. My parents would always have me get cheaper frames as well when I was a kid and a teenager. Then when I turned 18 I bought my first pair of designer frames. Since then I've been able to be happy for 2+ years each time with glasses I love.

This time I will be buying 2 pairs, and they aren't going to be as expensive as my current ones, but they will be Warby Parker ones. I will get up in arms about spending a lot on shirts, dresses, skirts, etc, but I never skimp on outerwear, shoes, or glasses. They need to last a long time, and since you can't go without them, they need to be ones that you love.

Edit: And my prescription still changes every 1.5 to 2 years so I really shouldn't be complaining that they broke now after this long, but I am. The current frames I'm using were actually hand me down frames from my roomamte's ex fiance who only used them for reading, so even another reason I shouldn't be bitching. She had these frames for 4 years. Then I used them for over a year. It sucks, but whatever.

Edit 2: Shit, this made me think about how long it has actually been since I got a prescription. My last new prescription was about a year before I moved to KC. I've lived here for 2.5. I just took my old prescription to get lenses put in these frames when my last pair of glasses broke. No wonder I've been getting mild headaches everyday. Ignore my bitching. It was uncalled for if I had just thought about it for a minute.
If you are ever in Tel Aviv, eye check is on me

People who ride bikes/mopeds on the sidewalk. Also there have been Segway tours happening where a single file of +7 people on Segways clog the whole sidewalk while gawking at banana trees. There are SO much nicer places to tour here too-why do Segway tours in a residential area when people are trying to walk on the sidewalk to run errands, exercise or go to work. Gahhh stupid segways

People who ride bikes/mopeds on the sidewalk. Also there have been Segway tours happening where a single file of +7 people on Segways clog the whole sidewalk while gawking at banana trees. There are SO much nicer places to tour here too-why do Segway tours in a residential area when people are trying to walk on the sidewalk to run errands, exercise or go to work. Gahhh stupid segways
The amount of folks with electric bikes who’ll attempt to break your pedestrian bones on a tiny sidewalk in Tel Aviv, will make you miss Toronto in December:)

Lazy bums with an excuse for every thing. Their position in life is completely out of their control and everyone and every thing is to be blamed.

Lazy slobs that never learned to clean up after themselves.

Lazy idiots that don't clean off their cars and proceed to putz around town in their rusted out scrap heaps.

Fanny packs, are you shitting me?

View attachment 74270
As an ex-waiter, I couldn't agree with you more. Walk in customers with a purse on their waist were the cheapest and hardest of them all. Bottom line, unless you're Bruce Wayne in a custom, or a senile Jedi, there's no reason for a fanny pack...

When you’re on hold, jamming to hold music, and then it clicks like someone’s answering, just to have a recording say “all of our representatives are assisting other callers, please stay on the line”. I know that already, stop teasing!

Listening to a new voicemail, and hearing "Hello? Hello? Hello, is anyone there? Hello???" *facepalm* I guess the lady telling you to "Please leave your message after the beep" - and then the beep happening - didn't register with you.....

Listening to a new voicemail, and hearing "Hello? Hello? Hello, is anyone there? Hello???" *facepalm* I guess the lady telling you to "Please leave your message after the beep" - and then the beep happening - didn't register with you.....

Maybe they think it's one of the old-school answering machines that plays the message out loud to the room while it records? People used to just let the machine pick up, then decide if they wanted to answer or not.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
People who ride bikes/mopeds on the sidewalk.

I'm not quick enough to ride on the road. :( But I do go into the grass whenever I see someone coming up.

As an ex-waiter, I couldn't agree with you more. Walk in customers with a purse on their waist were the cheapest and hardest of them all. Bottom line, unless you're Bruce Wayne in a custom, or a senile Jedi, there's no reason for a fanny pack...
Fanny packs, are you shitting me?

View attachment 74270

Fanny packs are effective as fuck. I may not look cool, but it's the best way to carry dog treats, phones, etc when the makers' of women's clothing won't fucking give us adequate pockets!
Fanny packs are also super helpful at raves, festivals, and for holding tokens when going to arcades. I don't care if I look like a strange middle aged tourist, they're practical, dammit!

Fanny packs are also super helpful at raves, festivals, and for holding tokens when going to arcades. I don't care if I look like a strange middle aged tourist, they're practical, dammit!

Super popular among gym rats as well. Easy way to store vitamins and supplements and uh, other less legal stuff. Wrestlers were notorious for wearing them. They may look really dorky but they serve their purpose well.

Idiot drivers who are not aware enough to turn their headlights on after dark

Blows my mind how often I see this. I don't get how they don't notice it immediately.

Recently, I have been joining a lot of forums and websites to try and promote myself as much as possible.
In the process, I have come to find both good and bad publicity. Here is a list of things that have been driving me up the wall!

- Twitter: Constantly Being DM'd To "Trade Nudes. People who spam my DM's Begging. People Who Think They Deserve My COMPLETE Attention. People who mislead you into thinking they may perhaps buy a show.
- Kik: Manage To Get GROUPS of Hate sent to my room as basics, sometimes I'll get members doing it.

(THE STUPID THING IS I FEEL LIKE MODELS ALSO ASK PEOPLE TO TRASH PEOPLES SHOWS)
The Joke On Those Models Is - I Collect Payment Every Other Day

My CamScore is only around 700.
(I have been inactive for long periods of time in the past, creating a new account will only boost my cam score as it usually is well above 1000!)

Is there a WALL OF SHAME thread?
I seriously need to start added some losers to that list. (I'll Check, I guess that was rhetorical.)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Super popular among gym rats as well. Easy way to store vitamins and supplements and uh, other less legal stuff. Wrestlers were notorious for wearing them. They may look really dorky but they serve their purpose well.
I completely forgot about the gym! I wore mine there as well. Perfect for keeping my gym card, phone, headphones, and lady hygiene items.

I'll stop finding fanny packs amazing when clothing manufacturers start making pockets that I can actually put things into. I also always hated those arm band things. They were so awkward for me as someone who likes to lift weights.

Reactions: Gen
I seriously need to start added some losers to that list. (I'll Check, I guess that was rhetorical.)

Pretty sure a Wall of Shame thread could be pretty shitty to create. There are shitty people out there, but what constitutes being put on the list? Being obnoxious or actually doing something bad? It just seems like a great way to get some unnecessary drama going on in this forum.

There are threads like "things members do that bug you" in the general cam chat or ask a cammodel. Those might be better if you're wanting to vent.

Pretty sure a Wall of Shame thread could be pretty shitty to create. There are shitty people out there, but what constitutes being put on the list? Being obnoxious or actually doing something bad? It just seems like a great way to get some unnecessary drama going on in this forum.

There are threads like "things members do that bug you" in the general cam chat or ask a cammodel. Those might be better if you're wanting to vent.

Thank you hun. I'm super stressed out having to find a place still and move in the next week. I also need to constantly work in order to try and make my rent. I mostly commented to try and get involved and make friends as a truthfully honest answer. I guess that would be really uncool to make. I should just delete the comment all together. Thank you for that tidbit though! As I am still new I am doing my best :p Only been modeling for a little bit here and ive been super edgy. Thanks for telling me where I can vent a bit. It's nice to know people don't mind listening. (I kind of keep to myself, no family or anything so it would be nice to have some friends)

I guess that would be really uncool to make.
A public name and shame thread is not necessarily against the rules (unlike in the models only section, it's against the rules there as people don't have access/the option to chime in and defend themselves) but probably would be unnecessary drama, as noted.

CharlieCharma's suggestion to use the "things members say that make you go WTF" thread (she was close on the title) would work if you want to post in there when people make you facepalm/eyeroll/etc!

A public name and shame thread is not necessarily against the rules (unlike in the models only section, it's against the rules there as people don't have access/the option to chime in and defend themselves) but probably would be unnecessary drama, as noted.

CharlieCharma's suggestion to use the "things members say that make you go WTF" thread (she was close on the title) would work if you want to post in there when people make you facepalm/eyeroll/etc!

OH MY GOODNESS. (Maybe a Shame Thread where you can ASK to be Shamed)
People do sometimes like that sort of thing. (Not me in particular lol)

I do want to check out that thread though. If it can relate to the "Show Me Your Bobs." Video on youtube then I got a lot of stuff.
I often read it to laugh. I no longer even block these people. It's just too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.