AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
hey everyone!

So I am on justbbwcams only until I can get a better cam for Streamate. Anyway I set my private chat rate to 8 chips a minute. The guys I get are wanting me to lower my set price or they wont go private. Is that too high? Somethings I am asked to do are way out of my comfort zone so I felt I deserved to get paid for it. When I lowered to 6 for a guy who is consistently going private every night he tends to want to jump on and off doing shows every 10 minutes he usually does it about 3 times a night but he only pays for very short shows. After he wants to meet in free chat where he wants me to do things for free. I often cave and now hes been asking me to stand in free chat or show something to him and i have to say no bc its working for free right? And there are almost always several lurkers as you say that follow me on and just want to talk all night. I need serious guidance i guess sometimes as a bbw cam girl i feel i have to say yes or be way more agreeable but where does it end? I read on here to not do things for free so i started saying no but then no one pays. Should I just lower my rate and see? I just wanted to be a cam girl fat or not i didnt see myself belittling myself in the ways im asked.

Anyway I set my private chat rate to 8 chips a minute. The guys I get are wanting me to lower my set price or they wont go private. Is that too high?

I'm not sure how much a chip is, but just because some guys complain that your prices are too high, doesn't mean that they are.

For reference, on MFC, a private is 60 tokens, or $6 to the member, per minute. If they buy a larger token package, it'll cost them a little bit less. People on MFC who want privates, are happy paying that rate.

On Streamate, I currently charge $4.49/minute in premium chat, and $6.99/minute in exclusive. The same people who ask me to lower my prices are the ones who want free flashes. They can suck it. I actually get more exclusive shows than I do premium, so clearly people are willing to pay what I charge.

Other models do well charging more than I do, others do well charging less. There is no right or wrong price. Sometimes bumping your prices up or down a little bit will increase your income.

If someone isn't willing to pay for a private unless you do free shit too, they are being manipulative. Paying for a private means that you get a private, not a private plus indefinite control over the model. If people want shit in free chat, they need to tip, end of story. That's how it works.

i guess sometimes as a bbw cam girl i feel i have to say yes or be way more agreeable but where does it end?

This is a common feeling, and in the last, I've thought I should have lower rates than a """hot""" girl because I'm a BBW. Some assholes will also try to manipulate you with this ("well I could get a super hot 10/10 to do it for cheaper"). But - they can always go see someone else. And yet they don't. Why? Because they are attracted to you.

Guys who want to see BBWs (or any other type of model) are in that room because that's what gets their dick hard. So why should that be cheaper, just because it may not be everyone's cup of tea? Their presence in your room is proof that no model is everyone's cup of tea. And you're giving the same service, the same amount of nudity, emotional labour, etc as anyone else, and should be paid the rate you're comfortable with.

If I go see this year's greatest movie or the biggest box office flop, I'm paying $13 a ticket either way. And maybe I think a movie is the most amazing, well-made, perfect film ever, while you think it sucks. Doesn't matter, our opinions don't determine the pricing and neither of us deserve a discount on it, if we choose to see it.

Members are choosing you to watch because you turn them on (or they like your personality, but that's a bit of a different scenario). You are not worth less than anyone else. Get that $$$$$.

Finally, may I say, it's been a while since I was on justbbwcams, but it has some of the cheapest and douchiest members of any site I've been on. They will haggle and freeload to the ends of the earth.

Thank you for responding! Yes and I was hoping thats not how it really works .. the whole haggling thing. the chips are .50 per one chip so my 8chip private is 4 dollars a minute. I have been going down a whole dollar per minute for him. Doesn't sound like much but I haven't done well on that site so i really do take a hit. If others see that price they want it too but I guess its what I get for changing it back and forth. I really need to develop a backbone and just dig my heels in. Thank you again!

This is a common feeling, and in the last, I've thought I should have lower rates than a """hot""" girl because I'm a BBW. Some assholes will also try to manipulate you with this ("well I could get a super hot 10/10 to do it for cheaper"). But - they can always go see someone else. And yet they don't. Why? Because they are attracted to you.

Guys who want to see BBWs (or any other type of model) are in that room because that's what gets their dick hard. So why should that be cheaper, just because it may not be everyone's cup of tea? Their presence in your room is proof that no model is everyone's cup of tea. And you're giving the same service, the same amount of nudity, emotional labour, etc as anyone else, and should be paid the rate you're comfortable with.

If I go see this year's greatest movie or the biggest box office flop, I'm paying $13 a ticket either way. And maybe I think a movie is the most amazing, well-made, perfect film ever, while you think it sucks. Doesn't matter, our opinions don't determine the pricing and neither of us deserve a discount on it, if we choose to see it.

Members are choosing you to watch because you turn them on (or they like your personality, but that's a bit of a different scenario). You are not worth less than anyone else. Get that $$$$$.

Finally, may I say, it's been a while since I was on justbbwcams, but it has some of the cheapest and douchiest members of any site I've been on. They will haggle and freeload to the ends of the earth.

Oh wow! I was wondering about if it could be the site. I know it's probably not high traffic or doesnt seem to be.
Thank you you also make a great point! I do get guys who will tell me they find me attractive but leave anyway after having conversation with me and one guy recently told me he thought i had a good personality and was cute but said it can be a double edged sword bc it can make possible customers not want to ask for the things they want me to do.. i dont see how that works but im not a guy so idk.
I talked to my boyfriend about all that and he said to be a B about prices if they argue and to not talk to much. I dont know how to not talk then again maybe i should learn bc i had a few guy get excited that i had sound in free chat maybe the others dont dor a reason.
Anyway thank you so much!

I'm concerned that you are "asked to do [things that] are way out of my comfort zone so I felt I deserved to get paid for it," and you "didnt see myself belittling myself in the ways im asked." Please don't feel that you need to do anything you don't want to do! Your limits are your limits, and if you feel like you are breaking them or degrading yourself, you'll probably burn out before you even get your upgraded cam.

This is not a "customer is always right no matter what" industry - quite the contrary! Offer the things you like and are comfortable doing, let them go elsewhere for things you don't want to do, and don't feel bad about it. If I walk into an ice cream shop and demand a steak, the shop worker isn't going to bend over backwards to get me a steak no matter how much I whine, beg, pester, and threaten to contact the manager. And NO ONE would would think she's not doing her job properly. If a crazy bitch demands steak in an ice cream shop, the worker's job is to say no and move along to customers that actually want to purchase ice cream.

Secondly, $4/minute is not too high at all. It may not be your optimal rate, but it's going to take some experimenting to figure that out, and in camming as a whole, it's not high. And haggling is NOT a thing, either. Nor is doing shit in free chat because a guy doesn't want to pay for more than a few minutes of paid chat.

Honestly, I think you should give SM a try, even if your cam isn't great yet. There are girls on there that manage to make money with their crappy, built-in cam before they upgrade. This might sound harsh, but a bbw site may attract a larger-than-average number of bullies that believe stereotypes about bbws having low self esteem. That includes guys that flatter you, spend a few bucks, and are "nice," but play games to see how high they can make you jump for their dollar. Those types exist on every site, but I suspect you'll also have more genuinely nice customers on SM.

This might sound harsh, but a bbw site may attract a larger-than-average number of bullies that believe stereotypes about bbws having low self esteem

From what I've seen, it's pretty true. Most of the guys on those sites are massive jerkwads. You can make do on Streamate with a cheaper cam if you have a solid, fast internet connection and decent lighting. And you'll likely make enough for that new camera in a shift or two, with customers who are polite and aren't trying to pressure you into things.

I'm concerned that you are "asked to do [things that] are way out of my comfort zone so I felt I deserved to get paid for it," and you "didnt see myself belittling myself in the ways im asked." Please don't feel that you need to do anything you don't want to do! Your limits are your limits, and if you feel like you are breaking them or degrading yourself, you'll probably burn out before you even get your upgraded cam.

This is not a "customer is always right no matter what" industry - quite the contrary! Offer the things you like and are comfortable doing, let them go elsewhere for things you don't want to do, and don't feel bad about it. If I walk into an ice cream shop and demand a steak, the shop worker isn't going to bend over backwards to get me a steak no matter how much I whine, beg, pester, and threaten to contact the manager. And NO ONE would would think she's not doing her job properly. If a crazy bitch demands steak in an ice cream shop, the worker's job is to say no and move along to customers that actually want to purchase ice cream.

Secondly, $4/minute is not too high at all. It may not be your optimal rate, but it's going to take some experimenting to figure that out, and in camming as a whole, it's not high. And haggling is NOT a thing, either. Nor is doing shit in free chat because a guy doesn't want to pay for more than a few minutes of paid chat.

Honestly, I think you should give SM a try, even if your cam isn't great yet. There are girls on there that manage to make money with their crappy, built-in cam before they upgrade. This might sound harsh, but a bbw site may attract a larger-than-average number of bullies that believe stereotypes about bbws having low self esteem. That includes guys that flatter you, spend a few bucks, and are "nice," but play games to see how high they can make you jump for their dollar. Those types exist on every site, but I suspect you'll also have more genuinely nice customers on SM.

Thank you! You said that in a way that really makes sense and I am so glad to hear that haggling is not a thing with camming! I can think of few other things that have stressed me out as much as that. I will go set up Streamate its been recommended so many times now that I try it so there's no reason not to. You all have been so nice and helpful and honestly very patient with me as I admit I seem to be catching on a bit slow. I never did really think about how easy it may be to take advantage of me as a "new girl" who knew nothing about this business. Anyway it really means a lot that you girls took the time to break some things down for me.

From what I've seen, it's pretty true. Most of the guys on those sites are massive jerkwads. You can make do on Streamate with a cheaper cam if you have a solid, fast internet connection and decent lighting. And you'll likely make enough for that new camera in a shift or two, with customers who are polite and aren't trying to pressure you into things.

Yes I did see that first hand many times in just the few hours I have put in! I haven't been on since posting this thread as I am in a hotel room with my kids because of the hurricane we had but I almost don't want to return to that particular site. Then again I'm near payout and may as well just finish, and get that money I earned before leaving. You have been very helpful to me and I appreciate that so much! Thank you! I apologize in advance if I end up on here asking questions that should be common sense lol I think I may lack it at times.

big hugs to you right now. so glad you and your babies are safe. i hope you get back on your feet swiftly. remember your options aren't just limited to just cams. do you have your id with you? you can make clips too bb! if there are times where you can't get away, make some quick clips in the bathroom, remove the sound and put in some royalty free music. use your down time watch youtube videos on editing and learning how to use simple editing software. get on manyvids, c4s, iwanrclips. also keep posting a little bit more to get you verified. we can hook you up with some more options there too!

i say make payout and be done with it! keep your profile up to get verified here!i started out using a logtech c270. they are on amazon for $20. the c920 is currently priced at $60. which is a hd 1080p cam.

be strong! you got through the worst of it! your cambbs got you. any questions and help, please don't be afraid to ask!

big hugs to you right now. so glad you and your babies are safe. i hope you get back on your feet swiftly. remember your options aren't just limited to just cams. do you have your id with you? you can make clips too bb! if there are times where you can't get away, make some quick clips in the bathroom, remove the sound and put in some royalty free music. use your down time watch youtube videos on editing and learning how to use simple editing software. get on manyvids, c4s, iwanrclips. also keep posting a little bit more to get you verified. we can hook you up with some more options there too!

i say make payout and be done with it! keep your profile up to get verified here!i started out using a logtech c270. they are on amazon for $20. the c920 is currently priced at $60. which is a hd 1080p cam.

be strong! you got through the worst of it! your cambbs got you. any questions and help, please don't be afraid to ask!

Thank you! Yes we were very lucky and though told not to evacuate we did anyway. I actually have a manyvids I joined not that long ago. I admit Im still learning about that site too. I do like it though and hope to learn enough to do well on it. I will look into the other clip sites though. Do you know if the same clips can be used on multiple sites?
Thank you for your kind words and motivating advice! I really was starting to feel down about everything the past week but I can do this its really true that nothing good comes easy. Well from my experience anyway lol.

Reactions: Heavenleigh83
Thank you! Yes we were very lucky and though told not to evacuate we did anyway. I actually have a manyvids I joined not that long ago. I admit Im still learning about that site too. I do like it though and hope to learn enough to do well on it. I will look into the other clip sites though. Do you know if the same clips can be used on multiple sites?
Thank you for your kind words and motivating advice! I really was starting to feel down about everything the past week but I can do this its really true that nothing good comes easy. Well from my experience anyway lol.

no problem! happy to help! you so got this. i'm serious about getting verified. we might be able to hook you up with some resources or find you safe places to cam or film. just gotta get you verified first so we know you are legit cammodel. no offense of course.

glad you evacuated just in case! i live on the east coast of florida and and i'll hunker down if its a cat 1 or 2. anything more, road trip.

Reactions: Heavenleigh83
no problem! happy to help! you so got this. i'm serious about getting verified. we might be able to hook you up with some resources or find you safe places to cam or film. just gotta get you verified first so we know you are legit cammodel. no offense of course.

glad you evacuated just in case! i live on the east coast of florida and and i'll hunker down if its a cat 1 or 2. anything more, road trip.

Oh my gosh! I hope you are safe from Irma! Be careful! Ok I'll go look at what I need to do to get verified. No offense taken :). Again I do really hope you are somewhere safe. Thanks for all your help so far :h:

Reactions: AudriTwo
hey ladies! maybe i should start a new thread for this question but it does go under rates... I have been asked to do a video of me squishing bugs barefoot a fifteen minute video by the way. I am not sure whats too high to ask for doing that but since I find it horribly gross to step on bugs even with shoes I am afraid I may ask for too much. Is there a going rate for that kind and that long of a video? I didnt want to ask him bc I doubt he would be honest lol. I do know if they go for 40 -50 I will just say no because I feel its worth a lot more as he wants me to step on a few it seems. If I do this I will probably take the longest shower of my life haha.

hey ladies! maybe i should start a new thread for this question but it does go under rates... I have been asked to do a video of me squishing bugs barefoot a fifteen minute video by the way. I am not sure whats too high to ask for doing that but since I find it horribly gross to step on bugs even with shoes I am afraid I may ask for too much. Is there a going rate for that kind and that long of a video? I didnt want to ask him bc I doubt he would be honest lol. I do know if they go for 40 -50 I will just say no because I feel its worth a lot more as he wants me to step on a few it seems. If I do this I will probably take the longest shower of my life haha.

Please rethink that. People can understand the accidental killing bug or if they're a reason or them being in the way but killing them for entertainment is a bit much. They're still living things.

To be honest I would steer away from these types of videos as they attract a certain niche crowd that can be scary. I have gotten a few requests for customs involving crushing small animals (kittens/rats/chickens) and the very unfortunate thing is these types of videos do exist on the internet. It isn't a very common thing for a model to agree to. Even if it's bugs I'd still feel weird/disturbed killing them on purpose for a fetish. You're also not allowed to resell this type of video either as it's against tos of most content sites so it's not worth it to even film

Edit: also wanted to say if something grosses you out or makes you uncomfortable it's more than okay to tell the custom person no! I don't take every request I get of something makes me uncomfortable

Last edited:
To be honest I would steer away from these types of videos as they attract a certain niche crowd that can be scary. I have gotten a few requests for customs involving crushing small animals (kittens/rats/chickens) and the very unfortunate thing is these types of videos do exist on the internet. It isn't a very common thing for a model to agree to. Even if it's bugs I'd still feel weird/disturbed killing them on purpose for a fetish. You're also not allowed to resell this type of video either as it's against tos of most content sites so it's not worth it to even film

Ok yeah no I dont want all that! I dont like killing bugs as it is but never an animal. It does feel off I wasn't sure if it was a thing or not. I am trying to find my way in camming but i am not cut out for anlot of fetish things honestly. Some are ok but others do weird me out. Is BBW a fetish? Is that why Im attracting all these types? I prefer not to do a lot of fetish stuff at first he said giantess and i looked it up and it seemed ok. Then he asked about bugs and i told him I didnt know that I would get back to him. I wont be doing it .. thank you for the advice!

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Please rethink that. People can understand the accidental killing bug or if they're a reason or them being in the way but killing them for entertainment is a bit much. They're still living things.

Thats very true! Thank you for your input .. I wont be doing it. Honestly its not the brand I want to make for myself anyway. I really struggle with just flat out saying no when I know I should right then and there. Obviously if i want to survive in this world I have to change and fast.

Ok yeah no I dont want all that! I dont like killing bugs as it is but never an animal. It does feel off I wasn't sure if it was a thing or not. I am trying to find my way in camming but i am not cut out for anlot of fetish things honestly. Some are ok but others do weird me out. Is BBW a fetish? Is that why Im attracting all these types? I prefer not to do a lot of fetish stuff at first he said giantess and i looked it up and it seemed ok. Then he asked about bugs and i told him I didnt know that I would get back to him. I wont be doing it .. thank you for the advice!

I've seen girls of all sizes get the crushing fetish guys requesting customs so I don't think it's anything personal about you or your body type. Giantess is very common fetish and a lot of fun! (I'm 4'11 so pretending to be a giantess is fun for me lol)

It's very much a thing, and it's not limited to girls of one body type. Crush fetish has many facets. Crushing bugs/animals is a darker aspect of it. For the lighter aspects, some people crush food, which can be fun but messy. Someone asked me to crush worms once, I told him gummy worms I will absolutely crush, but not real earthworms, and he was not interested in that. There's also car crush, where you crush toy cars as a giantess, which is super fun. I've also done executrix videos where I pretend to crush the viewer to death - this is fairly popular with BBW fans, in addition to POV smother and facesitting, so I would recommend it if you're comfortable with it. Some people might be uncomfortable filming executrix clips because you ARE pretending to kill someone, after all, and it's OK to not want to do that. Don't film something you're not comfortable with, you can make money just fine without pushing your limits. I'm fine with executrix but horribly squicked out by the idea of doing impregnation fetish, so I don't do impregnation clips. Someone else might be the exact opposite, and that's cool. It takes all of us to keep the world's boners popping.

Thanks y'all ❤️ I am so glad I joined this forum! So many questions and I am often un sure of what is normal as far as what customers/ members can demand. I do feel more confident and comfortable saying no to what I don't want to do now. I really thought I had to say yes so I wouldn't get bad reviews as I have yet to build a folllowing. Next step I guess is to get verified here. I really would like to make some friends in this part of my world. It gets so lonely lol I never imagined it would feel that way but only my boyfriend and now my sister know about this journey I've begun. Anyway you ladies are awesome!

saying no is a great way to boost your self confidence and self esteem too! remember if a customer leaves you a bad review because you say no, you can always take it up with the site. they will remove salty reviews. boosting your self will also reflect on cam. confidence is a huge attraction.

http://www.more-selfesteem.com/saying_no.htm

we all know what it's like having camming be a secret. im glad you have your sister and boyfriend to support you through your cam journey, that's a plus. which sometimes can make things a little isolating. that's why we have places like this forum and twitter for us to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.