AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Receiving payments for private shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017
Hey, I'm a chaturbate broadcaster with 25000 followers and got the following question:

How do you ask people for private payments if they wanna have a private show on Skype or wanna receive underwear etc?

I always used PayPal but as I made the experience, Paypal may expose the full real name and in some cases the adress if you receive money from someone. Also, there is always the risk the customer gets is money back when he asks paypal for a refund (and you cant deliver any proof that he received the "service" as they ask for a delivery identification number).

For Amazon, I have the problem that I can't convert Amazon Giftcards into cash easily and dont wanna spend it all on amazon....

So, how do you receive payments safely and easy?

Is there anyway to receive payments via Paxum if the customer is not a Paxum client but let's say wants to pay with credit card?

Thanks a lot.

do not accept paypal or amazon gift cards for payment. not safe sexwork payment methods. you risk your amazon and paypal accounts closed and lose your money. if they are asking for a show on a platform with a payment processor, you must follow that platform's rules. pretty sure accepting offsite payment while contacting on that site is a bannable offense on chaturbate.

cashapp is currently "safe". havent heard of models having their accounts banned and losing their money. YET. still risky.

if you want to do indie skype shows check out skyprivate or cammodeldirectory. keep your rates the same like you would require for private shows on camsites. the reason people ask for skype is that they are hoping to take you offsite means cheaper for them.

What about Revolut? What do you all know of that app? Is that a safe one to use or no?

If you want to be paid for skype shows use skype sites. There is a a lot of them, mostly with a 20-10 commission depending from referral links and such. Check Skyprivate, Camlust, CammodelDirectory for the biggest ones.

Never use Paypal, Amazon, WU as it's barely always a fraud. If you don't care about revealing your name just use direct wire 100% prepaid, but that's a meh solution.

Revolut (like TranferWise and similar apps) don't allow money transfer related to webcam this is explicitly stated in their rules. They also reveal your name to the client.

Through they make work for undie sales but would still prefer to sell them for a tip on SP or CL.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: NotYou
Ouh thanks.

The only thing that bothers me about tokens, the person buying a private show pays so much since the platform gets half of it.

Ouh thanks.

The only thing that bothers me about tokens, the person buying a private show pays so much since the platform gets half of it.
KgmgNmgh.jpg

you are using their platform to host your streams, traffic, brand, servers, payment processors, and whatnot. they have employees that need to be paid salaries who keep the site functioning and offering support. this shit costs money. if you want to earn more per session, raise your rates.

Hey,

Sorry no, I don't share your view at all. They are making multi millions per week, and wouldn't be anything without the streamers on their website. They make so much cash, that they are even scared to put their real adress of the headquarter onto their website and put some lawyers adress into the policy.
I won't raise rates as it would create prices for the "customer" that wouldn't be fair at all. The platform profits a lot from my public shows, so they earned a lot from me performing there.
When I get an e-mail (!) requests for a private show, I can decide where ever I wanna go.

cashapp is currently "safe". havent heard of models having their accounts banned and losing their money.
I've had an account banned for "suspicious activity" (taking tributes during a findom show, blank notes). I can't create a new account with that bank account, but I was able to do so with a different one. I had it set to automatically cash out, so at least they didn't keep my money.

Hey,

Sorry no, I don't share your view at all. They are making multi millions per week, and wouldn't be anything without the streamers on their website. They make so much cash, that they are even scared to put their real adress of the headquarter onto their website and put some lawyers adress into the policy.
I won't raise rates as it would create prices for the "customer" that wouldn't be fair at all. The platform profits a lot from my public shows, so they earned a lot from me performing there.
When I get an e-mail (!) requests for a private show, I can decide where ever I wanna go.

Without the platform most people would make $0

Without ”their” platform you would not have had any customers. You built your brand and got your customers from “their” platform. Now you want to take your customers elsewhere and receive alternative payment sources?
The site does a lot. Ever thought how difficult it would have been to get customers, traffic and build your brand on your own?

Yes I thought of it. But as long as I unfortunately only get problematic customer support with standard answers, don't know who the owner of the company is, don't know where the company is located because it hides its identity wherever its possible, don't get a single name or contact of any of the staff members, I don't see any reason why it's wrong to receive additional payments outside this system. And I want to make clear that of course, I'm compliant with all the rules of the platform.

You are right with the point that it created the brand of the cam model, but it's not charity, they receive their profit from it.

Well technically not. If a member buys 900 tokens for $75,-, (I think the most bought package) when he gives it to a model, she gets $45,-. So the company only gets $30,-

I had my own (gaming) website in the past and the cost to run even a simple site are enormous. They don't get any advertisement income (well most camsites don't), the payment processors also take their cut, and a site with thousands of models and tens of thousands of members, the technical stuff and member/model support requires a lot of staff and equipment.
If these companies were really swimming in money, they most likely would lower their rates to battle their competition.

The apps for example, that made CB so successful, are purely made by users. For free. The idea of open source developing is brilliant. Did anyone of you ever pay the creator of the apps you're using on a daily basis? 🙈

The apps for example, that made CB so successful, are purely made by users. For free. The idea of open source developing is brilliant. Did anyone of you ever pay the creator of the apps you're using on a daily basis? 🙈
you are talking to wrong person on this. lol

i'm not on chaturbate, but if i was, and the coders did have a patreon or accept tips, i totally would. 100%. i've joined OBS's creator on patreon and have donated plenty to VLC . im also huge into modifying games, and i already donate or join mod creators patreons.

If you hate chaturbate so much, quit. there are other sites with mediocre or terrible support that accepts male cammers. if you keep poaching chaturbate's members, you will be banned. it only takes one salty member to report you.

Are you suggesting that the creators of the app should be paid or that Chaturbate should shouldn't be paid?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hey,

Sounds like you should just be independent, then, since you don't appreciate the amount of help the site provides you.

I believe 1000 tokens on CB cost a member $80, and the model gets $50. The company does have their location posted, they are in lake forest California. And while I do not like everything about their platform (flawed model rating system, and too easy for trolls to create many fake accounts), I think their platform as a whole is good. There is room for improvement , yes, but what platform is perfect? I believe you are also the model that said you make about $50 per hour on average. You do better than most females. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

I'm not sure where thinking like this comes from, but I hear it now and then from juniors in my own line of business; this and that is superfluous and should be done away with. It's never that simple.

Paying CB to host your camming stuff, process payments and handle a lot of the boring technical admin is no different from renting office space with (a few) amenities. CB taking a cut is simply the cost of doing business. You have to spend money to make money, and I can't think of any business where this isn't the case.

Camsites can't live without models. Models can't really live without camsites. None can live without users. Remove any one of these, and camming as an industry collapses.

I appreciate and love Chaturbate a lot!
In my opinion, they pay the models the most. I never had a problem with receiving payments, they are very reliable. I'm not "poaching" anyone, as I'm a very loyal and happy member of them.

Still, if people apply your strict logic, why is everyone posting OnlyFans links onto their CB page? I don't do it and that's just the same problem you are talking about, but with putting OnlyFans profile links into the bio it seems to be okay for everyone....

Reactions: dark_mermaid
In my opinion, they pay the models the most. I never had a problem with receiving payments, they are very reliable. I'm not "poaching" anyone, as I'm a very loyal and happy member of them.
this isnt a matter of opinion, its a fact. you are poaching if someone on chaturbate is using their services to contact you and you take them offsite. if they contact you on your social media or personal email about using a separate service, then its not poaching.

and yes, same rule should apply with onlyfans on profile, those people just haven't gotten caught yet. its okay for models to do it on mfc, because the owner of MFC is majority owner of onlyfans too.

I used to get questions from Airbnb hosts about taking their guests off the website to a private transaction, also got it with Fiverr freelancers, Upwork etc. The waste of time on trying to find a payment processor, and many times chasing the client with gentle reminders to pay, reminded me what I hate about freelancing with private clients as a contractor, and I'm talking about vanilla industries here.
If I had a dollar for every time I had to chase a business client with a retainer to pay for a Google Ads and FB campaign services, I would have been able to fund apps for all of us :) A payment wall with tokens is not a bad idea at all if you ask me.

Reactions: KyleBoy
and yes, same rule should apply with onlyfans on profile, those people just haven't gotten caught yet. its okay for models to do it on mfc, because the owner of MFC is majority owner of onlyfans too.

I had contact with Chaturbate support regarding OnlyFans. They told me it's okay to add OnlyFans links into the bio and chat, as long as you are not providing any Webcam streaming on that web page.

I'm sort of surprised Onlyfan's still being allowed to be advertised since they now offer live shows.

I'm sort of surprised Onlyfan's still being allowed to be advertised since they now offer live shows.
They've been offering live cam for quite a while now.

The part that surprises me is that there's a way to receive tips on there, and at a higher % payout than on CB.

They've been offering live cam for quite a while now.

The part that surprises me is that there's a way to receive tips on there, and at a higher % payout than on CB.
It's only a matter of time before Chaturbate catches on. They used to be fine with manyvids being linked, until they offered live webcam shows. Or was that MFC?

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'm not sure where thinking like this comes from, but I hear it now and then from juniors in my own line of business; this and that is superfluous and should be done away with. It's never that simple.

Paying CB to host your camming stuff, process payments and handle a lot of the boring technical admin is no different from renting office space with (a few) amenities. CB taking a cut is simply the cost of doing business. You have to spend money to make money, and I can't think of any business where this isn't the case.

Camsites can't live without models. Models can't really live without camsites. None can live without users. Remove any one of these, and camming as an industry collapses.

Not to mention you can start camming there basically from scratch and have access to their entire base of existing cam model visitors/tippers from the jump. Sure beats starting from scratch, I’d think, and therefore must be worth something.

I'm not sure where thinking like this comes from
From greedy youngsters who think they're worth more than what the highly active, profitable, traffic-driving camsite provides them.

I hear it now and then from juniors
Oh, yep. Juniors. It's always people less experienced than us we hear this drivel from that's why we laugh at it.

Traffic. Payment processors. Bandwidth. A domain. Perk features. Messaging features (although lacking on CB, Myfreecams has it nailed in that department). Alerts/Apps (CB depends on customer created apps, Myfreecams has them built in now.) Nevermind the SITE itself and its web designers making a site easy enough to navigate.

Find a way to be an independent model and put SUCH LITTLE EFFORT IN that current CB/MFC/etc camsite models do and still be able to pull the same income, THEN come tout to this forum on how much of a ripoff it is to take payment from such sites.

It hasn't happened in the near 11 years this forum has been alive. And it never will.

It's only a matter of time before Chaturbate catches on. They used to be fine with manyvids being linked, until they offered live webcam shows. Or was that MFC?
Do you mean catches on by offering the same % as onlyfans?
(rhetoric question)

So weird that sites as onlyfans are still around - so much expenses with money processing. domains (lol), messaging features, alerts....Probably working for peanuts, giving everything to models...

Status
Not open for further replies.