AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Retrieving chat logs from streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2014
Hello, I was curious if I emailed streamate support to give me chat logs from a certain person or date and time, would they provide them for me?

I've never heard of anyone asking for them, but it can't hurt to try. :thumbleft:

They definitely store their chat logs, but I'm not sure if they'll send them out. I've heard of models having unfair ratings removed by directing support to check the chat log, where the model clearly typed "I do not do anal/penetration/daddy play/etc", and the member continued to push for whatever it was the model wouldn't do and then rated her poorly for sticking to her guns.

Like Alison said, it won't hurt to try, as the worst thing that they can tell you is "no", but even though I've been bored enough to read back to the beginning of the forum, I've never seen anyone mention trying it, so I really can't tell you if they will or not.

morishino said:
ah I wonder if anyone has the answer to this.

Support does, just ask them! They'll either give them to you, or say that they can't. Just try! :thumbleft:

Reactions: JessieWolfe
streamate says they take privacy very seriously, and of course will say they do not, but i have seen them give a customer's first and last name, even though they are not supposed to

morishino said:
streamate says they take privacy very seriously, and of course will say they do not, but i have seen them give a customer's first and last name, even though they are not supposed to
You've SEEN them do this? Could you clarify please? What were the circumstances and how were you involved in the transaction?

Just a guess and a hunch, but I'd bet SM would not give out chat logs.

If they won't give them to you, why don't you report whatever problem you are having to support. IE the reason you need the chat logs to begin with.

If you have a complaint or a question, they can verify the answer in the chat logs without actually giving you the chat logs. For example when I report members for wanting incest etc. They can easily check the logs and proceed with action, without me having to ask them for the logs and pointing it out to them.

Who knows what an angry member/model could do by retrieving past logs.

What is the purpose of needing the chat logs? If streamate finds it necessary, they will help you. You are being very vague, and whenever a model answers your question you complain that nobody has the answer to your question. We are much more able to help if we have more insight into what is going on, the same goes for streamate support.

It's for court, I want to use the chat logs as proof of harassment, can they be used in this way? Or is that not counted?

morishino said:
It's for court, I want to use the chat logs as proof of harassment, can they be used in this way? Or is that not counted?

You would probably need a subpoena, and someone from SM would have to verify their authenticity, and that person would need to be a credible witness, should it come to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.