AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Robin Williams found Dead

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mutantdonut said:
One great thing about Robin Williams is that he named his daughter Zelda, because he was a fan of The Legend of Zelda. Even appeared in a number of Legend Zelda commercials to promote the games. How fucking awesome is that?

It is very awesome!

There are a bunch of these videos of them together. They're so sweet!

Speaking of Zelda...Apparently his last words to her was happy birthday.

When men are depressed to suicidal, sadly they commit.... Robin Williams loss is one of our most heartbreaking ever.

No one mentioned that one movie he did on asphyxia and suicide (Worlds Greatest Dad), did he do it that way for that reason? I have it in my collection, can't see it as relevant... but it is strange. I suspect it was the easiest, and what Robin suspected would be the kindest way to be found.
As to why, none of us will really know, there is no one like him. I suspect this loneliness was the cause of most of his troubles over the years.... it was also the cause of his humour most likely.

My message to him would simply be thankyou.

Robin Williams introducing the game Spore.

Reactions: LadyLuna
KayleePond said:
mutantdonut said:
One great thing about Robin Williams is that he named his daughter Zelda, because he was a fan of The Legend of Zelda. Even appeared in a number of Legend Zelda commercials to promote the games. How fucking awesome is that?

It is very awesome!

Aw, fuck. This made me giggle then choke up.

I got the news the minute I woke from mum, but instead of Robin Williams she said Robbie Williams (the singer) committed suicide. Realized who she was talking about after I checked my twitter feed. Shock and than instant tears :( (the only other time when I cried about a celebrity dieing was Kurt Cobain's suicide).

My favorite movies that I'll probably marathon this week are:
- Dead Poets Society
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Jumanji
- Good Will Hunting

RIP Robin Williams.

I was so sad to hear this, I grrew up watching robyn williams movies. Such a beautiful soul gone too soon. This is why when we see someone in pain we should always reach out; cause you never know how deep in it they could be and you may be their last hope! so sad. :crybaby:

Ambers Troll said:
When men are depressed to suicidal, sadly they commit.... Robin Williams loss is one of our most heartbreaking ever.

No one mentioned that one movie he did on asphyxia and suicide (Worlds Greatest Dad), did he do it that way for that reason? I have it in my collection, can't see it as relevant... but it is strange. I suspect it was the easiest, and what Robin suspected would be the kindest way to be found.
As to why, none of us will really know, there is no one like him. I suspect this loneliness was the cause of most of his troubles over the years.... it was also the cause of his humour most likely.

Worlds Greatest Dad was an INCREDIBLE film that did not get nearly the attention it deserved.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I highly recommend but be prepared to not feel very happy the rest of the day.

I just watched Jumanji. Dated CGI and a coda that didn't really make sense aside, it's a great film, every bit as good as I remembered it. May or may not have teared up a bit at the end. Hook's on Netflix so I'll probably watch that next, and I have Good Will Hunting on DVD somewhere. Never seen World's Greatest Dad but that's on Netflix too.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JoleneBrody said:
Ambers Troll said:

Worlds Greatest Dad was an INCREDIBLE film that did not get nearly the attention it deserved.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I highly recommend but be prepared to not feel very happy the rest of the day.

It was incredible and I made this eerie connection with his death and that movie this morning. /shivers

AmberCutie said:
JoleneBrody said:
Ambers Troll said:

It was incredible and I made this eerie connection with his death and that movie this morning. /shivers

I was SUPER scared bringing up that film yesterday in this thread and other places would trigger people thinking I was making a joke of his death, but honestly it's just a really damn good movie. It's my favorite (actually got me through the worst part of a fairly big depression earlier this year) that he's done and I felt the need to not hide that regardless of the circumstances of his death. :?

I don't think anyone's linked it here yet, so here's a link to the article Cracked's David Wong posted this morning. The comments section is well worth reading, and the article itself made me break down in tears.

Top 5 movies:
Aladdin
What Dreams May Come
World's Greatest Dad
Good Will Hunting
Flubber

KayleePond said:
mutantdonut said:

It is very awesome!

Watching all the videos of them playing games made me SO HAPPY!

So, I was on MFC for a bit last night. Before I turned my camera on, I was sitting online for about a half hour while I cooked dinner, since I got unexpectedly hungry. During that time, two members who were regulars back when I was regular on MFC were talking to me, and both of them warned me about it before I started camming. It was only brought up in my room once.

I'm not big on celebrity news. I don't really care about them. But, this is one piece of news I'm glad I heard about, because it's huge. So here's my thoughts on it:

The first movie I always think of is Mrs Doubtfire. That movie, to a foster kid, always emphasized just how important family is. His movies were some of the few I could actually watch and rewatch, they're just that enjoyable.

In no particular order:

Mrs Doubtfire
Bicentennial Man
Dead Poet's Society
The Birdcage
The Final Cut

I will also say, the only other ones I've actually seen with him are Flubber, Jumanji, Hook, Ferngully, and most of Toys. Possibly Jack, but I'm not sure I remember the whole thing. Oh, and a couple scenes from random movies.

We should not forget his return to standup in 2002, perhaps in part over 9/11 .... will be watching the Broadway Theatre in NY standup this weekend to remember him.

I've seen several replies today on the net to various posts re: Robin's suicide and those people replying calling him a coward. Let me say this as someone that attempted, and obviously did not succeed, suicide. I hate that anyone feels the need to take their own life, but there are those (myself included) who feel that in doing so we relieve a burden from our family and friends. Is that selfish? I personally don't think so. Mental illness is as real as the common cold and, as we all saw yesterday, can be as deadly as cancer. There are times when you reach the end of that rope and there's nowhere left to turn and nobody left to turn to. What do you do when your own family turns against you because of this debilitating disease? Therefore, I hold that what Robin Williams did was not cowardly, I think what he did was a strong act. Again, I've tried and failed two separate times to do what he did; if anyone is a coward, a failure and is chickenshit it would be me.

My :twocents-02cents:

eyeteach said:
I've seen several replies today on the net to various posts re: Robin's suicide and those people replying calling him a coward. Let me say this as someone that attempted, and obviously did not succeed, suicide. I hate that anyone feels the need to take their own life, but there are those (myself included) who feel that in doing so we relieve a burden from our family and friends. Is that selfish? I personally don't think so. Mental illness is as real as the common cold and, as we all saw yesterday, can be as deadly as cancer. There are times when you reach the end of that rope and there's nowhere left to turn and nobody left to turn to. What do you do when your own family turns against you because of this debilitating disease? Therefore, I hold that what Robin Williams did was not cowardly, I think what he did was a strong act. Again, I've tried and failed two separate times to do what he did; if anyone is a coward, a failure and is chickenshit it would be me.

My :twocents-02cents:

Being that depressed screws up your thought process. Many times people don't want to burden family and friends with their problems. They keep it bottled up until it overcomes them.
I've been there too.

I was broadcasting when I found out bout him being dead
someone posted about it on twitter and I was like.. what kind of a sick joke is this?
And then it was headlining in the news, long story short... best stand up comedian out there
protagonist of many of my favorite movies, it is sad sad news...
but I keep on telling myself that suicide is an act of ethics rather than a 'medical problem'
so it kinda hurts less and then I got to argue with my best friend cause she is totally
Kantian and through the categorical imperative she believes that suicide is an unethical solution
anyway I feel awful about this

This is putting a spotlight on depression and hopefully other mental illness, which is good. The unfortunate fact though is that a lot of these awareness campaigns (e.g., Kony 2012) have a limited shelf life. Hopefully this won't be a fad and people will continue to try and get help for themselves and others who may be suffering from mental illness.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Robin Williams' widow revealed today that he was dealing with the early stages of Parkinsons Disease.

I'm not sure if that can contribute to depression or not.

This just keeps getting sadder.

And someone posted photos of his dead body on Twitter and sent it to his daughter. The photo is supposedly faked but that really makes it worse. Why would someone photoshop THAT?

Unbelievably sick people are out there.

dilligaf0 said:
Robin Williams' widow revealed today that he was dealing with the early stages of Parkinsons Disease.

And someone posted photos of his dead body on Twitter and sent it to his daughter. The photo is supposedly faked but that really makes it worse. Why would someone photoshop THAT?

My uncle has Parkinson's so I've been hearing how it's been affecting him and his family for the past few years. And seeing it first hand when I visit. I'm pretty sure if I was diagnosed with it I'd contemplate this way out before it got too progressed and I wouldn't have the cognitive abilities left to make the decision for myself.

dilligaf0 said:

I saw all that. Whomever did it, I hope one day realizes how sick, and horrible he/she is. And I hope no ill on him, because one day, something bad is gonna happen, and then they'll understand what they did was awful.

My thoughts and prayers are with Zelda and Robin's family...

The idiots trolling poor Zelda kinda made me sick. That kinda cruelty must come from such a dark place, that those people must be suffering themselves, be it from depression, or some kind of sociopathic disorder. That doesn't make it okay though.

They showed Good Will Hunting in the UK tonight as a kind of tribute. First time I'd seen it in a few years. It's ham-fisted in parts and some of the dialogue is a shade unfortunate, but it's a great film and Williams is immense in it. I still haven't seen The Fisher King so I think that may be next on my watch list.

Parkinsons Disease, and suicide via one of the most common forms of (illegal) voluntary euthanasia. Robin Williams was most likely quite certain of what he wanted to do.

Reactions: dilligaf0
KayleePond said:
mutantdonut said:

I agree it is so awesome about what he loved of life and how he loved honestly and fiercely

Attachments

• 1924375_10204451204069223_1357990801483217528_n.jpg
    1924375_10204451204069223_1357990801483217528_n.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 68
Trollgent said:
KayleePond said:
mutantdonut said:

I agree it is so awesome about what he loved of life and how he loved honestly and fiercely
I have a direct connection to get someone to hit you. Just saying. ;)

Trollgent said:
KayleePond said:
mutantdonut said:

Uhhh dude, that's a picture of Bomo from U2. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.