AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Romanians pretending to be English?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiaMeow

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 10, 2012
So...you know how lots of Romanian girls have the same kind of set-up? Bright, patterned wallpaper and a couch with a sheet over it?

Here's some examples, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

qdLoI.png

Well, today I was browsing through Chaturbate and I saw a couple of profiles marked as being in England, with the girls saying they were British...but they had the exact same set-up, spoke terrible English in their profiles, had super low-token goals and only typed (no talking on cam). They werent recordings though, I'm pretty sure.

Am I just making up conspiracy theories or do Romanian girls pretend to be British sometimes? I can see how it would be advantageous because some guys have heard bad things about Romanian girls and might try to avoid them.

Ohh, sure you are right, I have lots of fun because of that, My filter on MFC is only "Europe & Russia", so when I see a model is from the UK I know it's fake, I let them then talk about the weather in the UK, the naked prince, the boobies of Kate and so on ... then I confront them with it, sometimes that's a start of a 'normal' chat, life, the cam world and so on.

May I ask why it's a big deal to you? Those models have such a low cam score, they are 2 pages below you, is your business really hurt by those bad attempts to make a bit more money? Live ant let live, do your own thing.

Reactions: MiaMeow
HankTheWanker said:
May I ask why it's a big deal to you? Those models have such a low cam score, they are 2 pages below you, is your business really hurt by those bad attempts to make a bit more money? Live ant let live, do your own thing.

No, I was just curious! I just happened to notice it tonight (I like watching other models when I'm not broadcasting) and I was wondering if I was imagining it or f it was common.

Reactions: Nordling
Oki, I apologize for the accusation, we IT nerds are hit hard by the outsourcing to countries like India. So this happens to the cam business to ... Welcome to the global Internet world with less country borders.

Reactions: Adrianna_
I explained it in other thread. A lot of studios request the models NOT to say they are from Romania. Given the fact that English is the most spoken language, they mostly choose UK or USA.

+ you can't actually talk on the mic even if you want. You usually stay on around 8 websites at the same time, so everybody asks you a different thing. Low cam scores again, because you are not allowed to close the website if you do not make money. You have to stay there online ... They "milk" you

Reactions: SoTxBob
MiaMeow said:
HankTheWanker said:

No, I was just curious! I just happened to notice it tonight (I like watching other models when I'm not broadcasting) and I was wondering if I was imagining it or f it was common.
Personally, it's a big deal to me just in the sense that I hate lies, especially blatant, obvious ones. I suspect a lot of Colombians do this too. But it's not the models that I feel bad about because they're just doing the bidding of the studios.

Nordling said:
MiaMeow said:
HankTheWanker said:

Personally, it's a big deal to me just in the sense that I hate lies, especially blatant, obvious ones. I suspect a lot of Colombians do this too. But it's not the models that I feel bad about because they're just doing the bidding of the studios.

Well I hate it too, because of those lies so many members don't believe that I am from Bosnia :snooty: and btw I meet Russian girl that lied about being Romanian :lol:

Reactions: Nordling
CherryAn said:
Nordling said:
MiaMeow said:
HankTheWanker said:

Well I hate it too, because of those lies so many members don't believe that I am from Bosnia :snooty: and btw I meet Russian girl that lied about being Romanian :lol:
There's so many lies in the world, I wish sites like MFC would at least attempt to make them more difficult--like have the country of origin reported by the software by using the IP, and make a rule against using a fake IP.

I wouldn't go that far. I understand girls that want to hide their location because of privacy issues. Maybe option to show real country or nothing? Nothing against Romanians but I really got tired of being named like that.

Reactions: bob
Status
Not open for further replies.