AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Room moderators

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2020
I have listed room rules in my profile, obviously as most of the models did. but some of the viewers are don't bother reading them at all. I do prefer to silence or kick such peoples. and sometimes it takes too much time and distracts me from my shows.

How do you decide whom to make a room moderator? is it worth it?
I read that many models and users find moderators annoying

I read that many models and users find moderators annoying
Yes. many threads on the topic here (try the search feature 1606984655358.png ;) ) as many confuse the words "moderator" and "manager".

The "best" mod imo would be the one who knows you well, a regular honest tipper from a long time, who never asked you to be mod and doesn't flood your chat (a not very chatty guy). He should not spam your room with 'Tip callings' and promotion messages and would not replace you to thank tippers, letting you being the center of the show and (the most important) your own BOSS.
Also, speak a minimum with him: you just need him to do the real job of *moderation* like in any basic chat site, so he should let the place cleaner than before and not the contrary as do a lot of "CB clown mods"

But first, learn to mod your room ... try to tune your chat in a way making this moderation useless, like ie 'silence grays', 'silence other models who broadcast now' and so on... then, if you're still really annoyed to mod your room by yourself, you can consider moding a friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes. many threads on the topic here (try the search feature View attachment 86355 ;) ) as many confuse the words "moderator" and "manager".

The "best" mod imo would be the one who knows you well, a regular honest tipper from a long time, who never asked you to be mod and doesn't flood your chat (a not very chatty guy). He should not spam your room with 'Tip callings' and promotion messages and would not replace you to thank tippers, letting you being the center of the show and (the most important) your own BOSS.
Also, speak a minimum with him: you just need him to do the real job of *moderation* like in any basic chat site, so he should let the place cleaner than before and not the contrary as do a lot of "CB clown mods"

But first, learn to mod your room ... try to tune your chat in a way making this moderation useless, like ie 'silence grays', 'silence other models who broadcast now' and so on... then, if you're still really annoyed to mod your room by yourself, you can consider moding a friend.
Thanks for your reply

Ugh. I think I will putt of this matter for a while and will follow your advice)) I will try to mod by myself for now )

Upvote 0
I agree with DoD404👍 I have a lot of regulars who behave pleasantly enough but still only one among them I trust to mod the chat.

You can set different restrictions for both PM and public messages. In this way, you can be sure that while you are doing the show the beggars with zero balance won't disturb you. But when you have a chatty mood and you are focused on the chat you can disable restrictions and control the chat by yourself. and you can use chatbots to make it easier for you.
Not all users check the profile page. So, for example, you can use the "auto-message" bot to send your rules to public chat from time to time. and many other bots that may help you can find in the "apps and features" section. GL!;)

Upvote 0
I was going to start a thread, but I will just hijack this one instead now that I have read through a few pro-moderator and anti-moderator posts. I can see the point of many of the comments and as a long time user of CB, but a newish moderator, I know what I like. Most of my moderating consists of :tipforrequest or :clap gifs. I've never thanked anyone for tipping, but I have had to remind the model to do so in a PM. I keep notes on big tippers so I can nudge the model if they return, and most of all, I remind the model as to why she is there (which is why she asked me to mod for her.) when I see her just sitting around and not doing anything. I have helped her find some games, adjust her notices and goals and generally just tried to help her learn the ropes. I try really hard to follow her lead, but she is a new model that does not get much support from her studio.
My question though, is there more I should be doing or am I doing too much?

Upvote 0
After 6 months of camming we have only selected 2 people that moderate for us. We have been so put off due to watching other rooms be spammed with Mods demanding tips.

Make sure to find the right person and most importantly set the expectations, communicate the role and style of moderating BEFORE giving them Mod status and things should go well!!
Best of Luck !

Upvote 0
I was going to start a thread, but I will just hijack this one instead now that I have read through a few pro-moderator and anti-moderator posts. I can see the point of many of the comments and as a long time user of CB, but a newish moderator, I know what I like. Most of my moderating consists of :tipforrequest or :clap gifs. I've never thanked anyone for tipping, but I have had to remind the model to do so in a PM. I keep notes on big tippers so I can nudge the model if they return, and most of all, I remind the model as to why she is there (which is why she asked me to mod for her.) when I see her just sitting around and not doing anything. I have helped her find some games, adjust her notices and goals and generally just tried to help her learn the ropes. I try really hard to follow her lead, but she is a new model that does not get much support from her studio.
My question though, is there more I should be doing or am I doing too much?
I think you are doing more than room moderation. But If the model doesn't mind and you like helping her then why not.
As I know studios have special people who do this administrative job for the models. Therefore, she should think about what the studio is doing for her success and does she need cooperation with such a studio at all.

Upvote 0
I think you are doing more than room moderation. But If the model doesn't mind and you like helping her then why not.
As I know studios have special people who do this administrative job for the models. Therefore, she should think about what the studio is doing for her success and does she need cooperation with such a studio at all.
I have been trying to get her to do that as they take part of her earnings as studio fees, they should be helping her set up her page and get appropriate bots working. The more she makes, the more they make. They seem pretty hands off though they did come and fix her camera vibrating from the fan.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.