AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russian Cut Off from Payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure some of the Russian dominas on SC have internet trolling as a second job 😁
Considering the time in, say, St. Petersburg relative to most of North America, I'd think that's convenient but I would be sleeping in my weekends!

If there are going to be sanctions on models from countries who have involvement or cause for wars then I am perplexed on how US members are being paid out and have never been removed from cam sites due to their location.

One of the most violent regimes and cause for blood being spilled in modern history going on till this very day yet no sanctions have been discussed there?

Last edited:
If there are going to be sanctions on models from countries who have involvement or cause for wars then I am perplexed on how US members are being paid out by chaturbate and have never been removed from cam sites. One of the most violent regimes and cause for blood being spilled in modern history yet no sanctions have been discussed as far as I can see.
I agree. USA imperialism is awful. But Chaturbate is an american owned business...

Idk whataboutism is toxic and confusing.

I agree. USA imperialism is awful. But Chaturbate is an american owned business...

Idk whataboutism is toxic and confusing.
I just find the whole situation extremely hypocritical and for me just seems like another power trip.

Corrupt governements grappling over power. Unfortunately the innocent people are punished (like the cam models) because it’s not about the people really. But if there is going to be sanctions and laws laid down make it fair and punish all or nobody.

Well, this is a very sad situation where only the victims are paying the price, is an hypocritical situation, im in Europe and i dont know how this will ends for us here but many websites are at least helping Ukranian girls with more % paid, i know SM will do nothing as they already on normal times pay less to Europeans so, im more than impressed with this total lack of empathy, i was stupid to think they could be a little more human. Ive just asked to get my account deleted there today for many reasons.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: ArcticKitty
My heart goes out to all performers affected by the war. Under usual circumstances I would have a suggestion, but right now it looks like unless you’re a “Vor v Zakone” (I’m a part Ukrainian too), who can contraband stuff, you are pretty much locked in an unnerving situation.
I feel bad for everyone effected by war, as of course I'm sure you do too. What is your suggestion?

Re an earlier post, I expect that Russian studios have a way to get funds because they would have those kinds of connections, at least indirectly. And they can't pay don (street tax) if they're not earning.

I'm more concerned about the possible lack of access as international backbones and data centres cut Russia and Russia filters sites, including cal sites. I don't think Russia can be isolated to the extreme of North Korea but it can have impediments.

If there are going to be sanctions on models from countries who have involvement or cause for wars then I am perplexed on how US members are being paid out and have never been removed from cam sites due to their location.

One of the most violent regimes and cause for blood being spilled in modern history going on till this very day yet no sanctions have been discussed there?
Cam sites are sanctioning models?

I just find the whole situation extremely hypocritical and for me just seems like another power trip.

Corrupt governements grappling over power. Unfortunately the innocent people are punished (like the cam models) because it’s not about the people really. But if there is going to be sanctions and laws laid down make it fair and punish all or nobody.

Theoretically, there is no reason another country could not sanction the U.S. for pretty much any reason they wanted. But the U.S. obviously isn’t going to sanction itself.

For example, if a popular cam site were based in a different country that wanted to sanction the U.S., they could do it. The rules aren’t different; but the balance of power is. And therefore, the ramifications of sanctions are not equal from country to country. “Eye for an eye” at the policy level doesn’t always yield equal consequences… but I’m getting way off topic now.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I expect that Russian studios have a way to get funds because they would have those kinds of connections, at least indirectly.
From discussions with various studio models from both Russia and Ukraine, it's common to pass funds through numerous pathways and currencies to make it harder to trace as an income source.
My friend said she and the other models have always been paid in cash, so there is no trail.
But the studio owner saying he may not be able to pay them (at least short-term) is a big sign that the tightening of cross-border payment methods is hitting hard for now.
Sure the studio owners are creative and they will find a way to keep going, but it may take time to get the payouts flowing as they used to. It's the studio employees and individuals I'm concerned for.

Asking why the US isn’t being sanctioned while the current war is between Russia and Ukraine is just… odd? When US was involved with war in the middle east it would have been applicable as a question, but now, it isn’t.

Clearly, sanctions and limits are being put on Russia by multiple countries to try and pressure Putin (who for some reason people expect him to care for his country, thus apply presssure) by putting limitations and cause strife to his country. To try and convince him to stop what he’s doing. It really sucks that so much of Russia’s population actually is against what he’s doing and suffering consequences for things out of their control, but the experts in world relations know better than we do to make these decisions about sanctions.

That may be the case, rockin_rod. I don't know the situation on the ground (what is actually happening). I also don't know any Russian models and I don't think I would have a reason to inquire into their financial arrangements if I did.

yes, playing brinkmanship on the world stage is nothing new. But when your bluff runs out of puff (to coin a phrase), the players turn to exerting pressure on the most vulnerable - the citizens.
Everybody loses in such a conflict - even the so-called Victor.

Last edited:
I don't think I would have a reason to inquire into their financial arrangements if I did.
Nor did I inquire. But I learned a lot from a model several years ago when she told me the extent of money manipulation going on by her employer.
Let's just say that cam studios were not their main source of income. And stop there.

Cam sites are sanctioning models?

Apparently Streamate is blocking Russian models from at least US members. But it has been two days now and they have not offered any kind of explanation or announcement. WTF? They not only cut the models' feeds, but they eliminated (at least temporarily) all previous messaging and communication.

I don't GAF where a model is from, as long as they do not support this conflict. Why shut her off? And why shut ME off from the models I have given gold over years and years that you have taken 70% of?

Economic sanctions are used as an alternative to military action. How effective they are depends on the country and the circumstances but the point is that they indicate displeasure without shooting. The problem is that the citizens affected are more directly hurt more than the political leadership and the wealthy of that country. That's how it is.

Getting more specific, Russian models are acutely vulnerable now because of the foreign exchange issue and also members who personally opt to boycott them or worse. And they have don't even know if they will be able to reliably access sites in the near future.

Apparently Streamate is blocking Russian models from at least US members. But it has been two days now and they have not offered any kind of explanation or announcement. WTF? They not only cut the models' feeds, but they eliminated (at least temporarily) all previous messaging and communication.

I don't GAF where a model is from, as long as they do not support this conflict. Why shut her off? And why shut ME off from the models I have given gold over years and years that you have taken 70% of?
As I noted in an earlier post or diff thread, I can only imagine a cam/content site ceasing the region’s models from streaming is because the site is worried about not being able to pay them for their time.

I personally would hate to have spent hours online only to not be able to receive the pay for that time.

Russian models are acutely vulnerable now because of the foreign exchange issue
If they keep on working, AND they can get paid for their time, then every US$ buys many more rubles today than it did just a few weeks ago.
The cost of domestic produce has not gone up overnight, but where it will hurt them is for imported goods, since the trend in exchange rate works against them that way.
And of course, that assumes that those goods will continue to be available, and don't have ridiculous inflated tariffs put on them by a government trying to hit back at sanctions.

Last edited:
I personally would hate to have spent hours online only to not be able to receive the pay for that time.

Maybe so, Amber.

But really, why not at least give us a clue as to whether our chat history and they or their accounts will ever come back as they were.

Yes, I am frustrated because all the time I have spent with Russians who are now simply...just gone, but I also realize that my qualms are so very minuscule compared to what is really going on in both Ukraine and Russia.

Ugh, this all sucks.

Maybe so, Amber.

But really, why not at least give us a clue as to whether our chat history and they or their accounts will ever come back as they were.

Yes, I am frustrated because all the time I have spent with Russians who are now simply...just gone, but I also realize that my qualms are so very minuscule compared to what is really going on in both Ukraine and Russia.

Ugh, this all sucks.
I feel like things are bigger than anything that you or I could wish for right now.

streamate has stated they are handling everything internally and won't be discussing anything related publicly at this time. their reason seems because the situation is always changing, and they don't want to announce anything until they know. i betchu the removal of swift and visa/mastercard has made it impossible paying those models.

here is a fun video kinda breaking it down a bit more.

im not trying to sound rude when i say this but disasters, in general, put a hard time to give a time frame so i understand why there hasn't been any definitive word. streamate also can easily reinstate disabled accounts, so they more likely are not deleted forever.

I don't understand your comments. Russians have died too. At least 10,000 Russians have been killed by Ukraine in the Donbas over the past 8 years. Meanwhile, Russia has done everything possible to avoid killing Ukrainian civilians during this invasion. They have even tried to minimize the deaths of Ukrainian soldiers. They are simply destroying the infrastructure of war.

Did you even watch the video?
How can you be so blind? Yes Russians have died and are continuing to die in this bloody war, but there is unmistakable evidence that civilians are being targeted, even killing them as they try to escape along what was supposed to be humanitarian corridors. There is overwhelming evidence.

All they need to do is go to a Bitcoin ATM, I just took a look and there are plenty of them in Russia.
Funny thing about a decentralized currancy, you cant really stop it, most you can do is say "that's bad, dont do it" there's no way to take it offline for a single country, kind of like how ISP's cant stop bittorrent. Even if exchange sites and the bitcoin atm's get taken away then it just goes back to how things were before those things existed, using forums and IM services for buying and selling, it's something that was thought about with bitcoins original design, as long as there is a need for it there will be a way to transact it.

In trying to ban it, with it being one of the only reliable sources to get funds moved into and out of the country, it wouldnt surprise me if bitcoin became an unofficial currancy of Russia. People will put their money where it feels safe and where it has the most use.

My understanding was that most of the Bitcoin ATMs in Russia are to buy Bitcoin not sell it. There must be specialized services to help people cash out, but are those legitimate services outside of Russia that match together Russian citizens, or is it all black market activity inside Russia?

The truth is I have sent money to dozens of Russian models and I have yet to find a single one who will invest any time at all in researching Bitcoin. There seems to be literally zero interest in learning about it.

I think the only way that Bitcoin becomes mainstream in Russia is if Putin makes a decree that it is legal and then passes laws to encourage Bitcoin ATMs to distribute Rubles. That's the only way that small time players are going to feel safe dabbling in Bitcoin.

My understanding was that most of the Bitcoin ATMs in Russia are to buy Bitcoin not sell it. There must be specialized services to help people cash out, but are those legitimate services outside of Russia that match together Russian citizens, or is it all black market activity inside Russia?

The truth is I have sent money to dozens of Russian models and I have yet to find a single one who will invest any time at all in researching Bitcoin. There seems to be literally zero interest in learning about it.

I think the only way that Bitcoin becomes mainstream in Russia is if Putin makes a decree that it is legal and then passes laws to encourage Bitcoin ATMs to distribute Rubles. That's the only way that small time players are going to feel safe dabbling in Bitcoin.
As I understand it, Russia's position on cryptocurrency was unfriendly to put it mildly, and that was before the war. That said, repatriating funds would involve money changers in Russia with correspondents abroad operating an informal money transfer service and settling up periodically through cover transactions in the financial system. BTC may be a part of that and probably is but just as a component in the remittance process.

But with the war and the effect of sanctions, a collapse of the ruble may have people in Russia using hard currency to buy necessities and hold some value. I'm simply going by what I know of history concerning war time conditions and contemporary unofficial exchange rates in countries like Argentina.

Last edited:
Another Russian internet connnection to be shut down; Lumen/CenturyLink. This is the largest and busiest internet connection to/from Russia:

used to work for centurylink. this is a HUGE DEAL. layoffs are coming in the US most definitely by the end of the month for centurylink and any of their sister companies. which can easily be done since most of centurylink's employees are contractors.

• Wat?!
Reactions: rockin_rod
How can you be so blind? Yes Russians have died and are continuing to die in this bloody war, but there is unmistakable evidence that civilians are being targeted, even killing them as they try to escape along what was supposed to be humanitarian corridors. There is overwhelming evidence.
Yes, exactly! I don't know what the deal was with him but spouting that crap is just evil. I felt I had to say something. otoh, I didn't want to dignify it by arguing or feed a troll and I just joined here and didn't/don't want to give the impression to people that I just want to be quarralsome, if that makes sense?

- And this morning a Russian strike on a maternity hospital!!!

Last edited:
  • Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.