AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ryzen 5 2400G and 16GB enough for 1080p streaming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018
Twitter Username
@buttboy_87
Chaturbate Username
buttboy_87
Is it enough power to be able to stream in full 1080p asuming everything else is on point such as internet speed, webcam etc?

Yes, and then some. From what I can tell, that CPU has an onboard Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics chip. That graphics chip has an ASIC for video encoding (offloads video encoding to hardware instead of using CPU). It supports AMD's VCE 4.0. According to the wiki, VCE 4.0 can encode up to 3 streams at 8k resolution. You do need to stream through a program like OBS that supports hardware encoding to take advantage of that. 1080p should be fine just using software encoding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine

Streaming/video encoding is CPU intensive, not memory intensive. My desktop originally came with 2GB of memory and that was just fine for streaming 1080p as long as open programs/tabs were kept to a minimum. I have since upgraded to a whopping 4GB. Memory is mostly irrelevant to streaming as long as you have a sufficient amount to keep open programs in memory. OBS and a couple of tabs don't need much. Of course more is better, especially if you're like me and have 800 chrome tabs open. Plus, windows will take advantage of any extra RAM and cache frequently accessed files/programs in memory speeding things up overall, but it won't make much of a difference as far as streaming goes.

And yeah, get an SSD.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Buttboy_87
Status
Not open for further replies.