AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SCAM Alert?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Hello
Last days I noticed something weird. When I Try to open stripchat my antivirus AVG is shouting that they stopped connection with stripchat because site is infected with URL: Scam. Without antivirus I can open it normally, but im a bit scared. What does it mean? Anybody has this too?
I also wrote to support but still waiting for response

I've had similar warnings in the last day or two from AVG that it had terminated a connection because of malware. I wasn't entirely sure it was something caused by Stripchat's site though, but it was very soon after opening the site in a fresh browser session.
I clicked 'ok' to acknowledge the process had been stopped, and didn't notice any features of SC not working, so I continued to use the site.

Upvote 0
Problem is solved- this is what support responded to me :

Thanks for getting in touch. Our tech team cheked it thoroughly and assured there is no reason to worry. Please add Stripchat to the antivirus exception list or use mywebcamroom.com
😉
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you. Take care,DeanCustomer Support Team

And i was checking this webcamroom and no warnings anymore:) So we are safe:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Can I jump on this thread - what is mywebcamroom.com? I had a look and it looks just like stripchat - my credentials worked to log in. What is it and what purpose does it serve?

Reactions: Smoothie and Maxi
Upvote 0
Can I jump on this thread - what is mywebcamroom.com? I had a look and it looks just like stripchat - my credentials worked to log in. What is it and what purpose does it serve?

I thought that and checked it. Said no models were online?

IMG_2853.png

Upvote 0

Yeah, it’s always good to be careful with things like this. Sounds like SC is behind it so it’s probably safe, but this is also a method some bad actors use to try to steal information (impersonate a legit web page and then record the data you type in, such as your login or payment info).

Upvote 0
Hey all 🤗
Let me clarify..

What is a whitelabel?
A white label looks exactly like the Stripchat site with a different link/name.
Other times, when you click on the Register button, it will redirect you to the Stripchat site.

Why do we have whitelabels?
Some countries block our site, so we have designed whitelabels so our users within those countries can still access our amazing models.
It means we still gain access to traffic from those countries which, at the end of the day, brings/redirects traffic to our site and our models.

Do I see the same models on the whitelabels?
Yes.
Our whitelabels are linked to our main Stripchat site, so users will be able to see exactly what everyone else sees on stripchat.com
Same models, same features, etc.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 09.42.07.png

Upvote 0

Hey all 🤗
Let me clarify..

What is a whitelabel?
A white label looks exactly like the Stripchat site with a different link/name.
Other times, when you click on the Register button, it will redirect you to the Stripchat site.

Why do we have whitelabels?
Some countries block our site, so we have designed whitelabels so our users within those countries can still access our amazing models.
It means we still gain access to traffic from those countries which, at the end of the day, brings/redirects traffic to our site and our models.

Do I see the same models on the whitelabels?
Yes.
Our whitelabels are linked to our main Stripchat site, so users will be able to see exactly what everyone else sees on stripchat.com
Same models, same features, etc.

View attachment 98610
Woah! Nice idea :h:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.