AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scam Topics?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2011
First time post so bare with me have you ever been in a models room and once the topic/show is reached they log off? Or they do something completely different. I have seen models advertise one topic/show and leave right before or right after it is reached. Also I have seen said models advertise a show they will never do. As a premium member do you feel cheated by contributing to the topic/show? This does not involve "reaching goals" topics.

Matt255 said:
First time post so bare with me have you ever been in a models room and once the topic/show is reached they log off? Or they do something completely different. I have seen models advertise one topic/show and leave right before or right after it is reached. Also I have seen said models advertise a show they will never do. As a premium member do you feel cheated by contributing to the topic/show? This does not involve "reaching goals" topics.

I've seen this behavior many times.... luckily, it hasn't really mattered to me bc until I actually am semi familiar with a girl, I don't tip amounts that would concern me. I will also add, it's no particular "region" or ethnicity that does this. From my observations, its pretty evenly spread out country wise.

Reactions: camstory
The behavior is not too uncommon. Can't say that most models do it as that isn't true, but it does happen way to often.

I have actually stopped participating in topic goals for that very reason. I tipped the last 200 tokens to finish the goal only for the model to decide she was too "nervous" and went group to do it instead. That was never mentioned in the topic nor the conversation prior. Now, all my tips are for a single request that is between myself and the model alone. Even then, there is risk.

My personal favorites are the ones where the model gets the final tip, and mysteriously and coincidentally gets the emergency phone call. Prior to the above incident, I saw one model get this phone call and came back from "away" balling her eyes out. Fair enough...I felt really bad. Then a half hour, later she was back happy as can be and trying to get another goal. False alarms are one thing...Thank God when they happen. But, to be THAT upset, and then THAT happy a half hour later, going for another goal: That was just way too suspicious for me.

People on here will accuse me of being a freeloader, but my recommendation is to watch a particular model for a night or two. If you are satisfied that she makes good, then by all means, take her up on her topic. I personally have been burned a couple too many times, so now, like I said, I do individual tips for requests or buy shows.

Hi all,

The one recurring thing I have seen is models having a high token countdown for so and so show... Model will give X amount of time to reach ( which is decents )
and tipping starts.. lets say her goal is 3500 tkns for Cum show, so after X amount of time we are down to 1000 tkns but time is up and said model leaves to
attend to her regular schedule...

Fine, amounts wasn't reached thus no show... But Said model returns 1 hour or so later and starts again with countdown to cum show...From the TOP.
I understand that its parts of the job, but I can't help myself thinking that we get cheated a little... Even more when it a recurring thing...

On the other hand the amount of time is always reasonnable and on good days models will get to do 2-3-even 4 shows in a row...

Anyway... My .02 cents

Much Luv xxxx

CandyG

I have actually seen someone comment it on it in the models room. Followed by said member getting banned. Maybe I will start capping these models.

Matt255 said:
I have actually seen someone comment it on it in the models room. Followed by said member getting banned. Maybe I will start capping these models.
Or you could spend your time watching models who *don't* piss you off and actually enjoy yourself.

Matt255 said:

I have no idea why people feel the need to be the internet police.
Do some models do this? Yes, it's shitty but it happens. If you see a model do it just hide her room and never return again, problem solved.
There are plenty of models to choose from who don't do this. Like HUNDREDS of them all day every day.

I get that models don't like to see other models (or just models in general) being bad-mouthed, but is this really any different to members who scam or link to sites with a model's content on it or whatever being outed as a means of letting cam girls (and even members) know who not to deal with? If it is different, then I'm sorry, bbs :))

ADDENDUM: Although, I do concede that no one model is being mentioned by name so this thread kinda resembles a general bitch-fest that benefits nobody. And I guess, if it was to become a "name-and-shame" thread, that could lead to bitter doods who have been rejected by a model to vindictively accuse them of being a scam artist...
Okay, maybe it is different. Sorry, bbs :?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Not internet police more of a hey this is a scam. Your money/tips could be going to a more deserving model. No one likes to be cheated but there are thousands too choose from. Helping and bringing attention to the problem is all I am doing.

mynameisbob84 said:
I get that models don't like to see other models (or just models in general) being bad-mouthed, but is this really any different to members who scam or link to sites with a model's content on it or whatever being outed as a means of letting cam girls (and even members) know who not to deal with? If it is different, then I'm sorry, bbs :))

ADDENDUM: Although, I do concede that no one model is being mentioned by name so this thread kinda resembles a general bitch-fest that benefits nobody. And I guess, if it was to become a "name-and-shame" thread, that could lead to bitter doods who have been rejected by a model to vindictively accuse them of being a scam artist...
Okay, maybe it is different. Sorry, bbs :?
Mentioning a bad experience with a model and going out of your way to cap a model are on different levels, I think. I'm not saying that a warning to others isn't justified, but my comment to Matt was more so to the effect of "don't waste your time." If you find yourself spending more time trying to collect evidence against someone than enjoying yourself on MFC, then why are you there are all? Or maybe it IS about Internet Policing being what really tickles your pickle.

Well I don't think it's a bitch-fest to start with... Merely a topic on different " Scam " possible on Webcam sites...
So far from reading lotsa topics here, some were pointes Out...

Tokens but no Vids
Countdown but no show
Raffles ( some )
I need so and so for my cat/dog/grandma etc etc
My birthday... ( for the 4 times this year )

I don't think that pointing out Scamming, Phishing, Carding, etc etc on the Internet is bitching... It's rather educating :)

Candy xxxx

AmberCutie said:
Mentioning a bad experience with a model and going out of your way to cap a model are on different levels, I think. I'm not saying that a warning to others isn't justified, but my comment to Matt was more so to the effect of "don't waste your time." If you find yourself spending more time trying to collect evidence against someone than enjoying yourself on MFC, then why are you there are all? Or maybe it IS about Internet Policing being what really tickles your pickle.

Agreed (yes, I just agreed with a question :?)

What ever happened to that mfcWatchdog guy that used to post here anyway? :)

Might be a double post. It has happen to me a couple of times from different models. What is difference between capping a model who is with a man or sleeping?

Matt255 said:

Maybe said member got banned because he was bitching in the model's room and telling her how to do her job (us models do not like that)...when the person(s) he should really be mad at are the guys sitting there not contributing towards the topic.

If a model ends up logging off because she was unsuccessful in reaching her room topic goal, you shouldn't be mad at HER for that. If anything, be mad at the other premiums lurking her room and just sitting on their tokens unwilling to chip in...especially the ones who have a very high token amount and have been in the room since the model logged on.....

Also, don't forget that models have a cam score to worry about. And when they log off early then come back on later starting over with the token goal, part of the reason for that is because of the cam score thing. Their goal could've been to make x amount of dollars per hour (or per shift), and they didn't succeed AND may have stayed on cam longer than they should've.

And if it upsets you to see the model log off early without having gotten topless/naked/naughty with toys, you could always just take her into a group or private show (if she does group/private) for way less than what her public chat goal is. For example, you could spend 400 tokens in a private show and get the nakedness AND toy show, instead of waiting around all day for guys in public chat to help her reach 2,000/3,000 tokens or whatever.

Reactions: Nordling
Nordling said:
Some people are honest. Some are not.

This is news?

:lol:

WORD.

If you're going to drop a big-ass tip on a model you barely know, that's the risk you're willing to take. And there is a difference between A) a model who is straight-up scamming you and B) a model who is logging off earlier than planned because the lurky-loos won't chip in for her show. The model in the 'B' scenario is not a 'scammer'.

This is one of the reasons I do flashes with every tip. Even if I don't reach my goal for topless/naked, at least no one can complain "I tipped her and didn't get anything for it." (and you need to specify what you want in your tip note anyway) You DO get something...you get a nice body part flash.

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
Matt255 said:

Maybe said member got banned because he was bitching in the model's room and telling her how to do her job (us models do not like that)...when the person(s) he should really be mad at are the guys sitting there not contributing towards the topic.

If a model ends up logging off because she was unsuccessful in reaching her room topic goal, you shouldn't be mad at HER for that. If anything, be mad at the other premiums lurking her room and just sitting on their tokens unwilling to chip in...especially the ones who have a very high token amount and have been in the room since the model logged on.....

Also, don't forget that models have a cam score to worry about. And when they log off early then come back on later starting over with the token goal, part of the reason for that is because of the cam score thing. Their goal could've been to make x amount of dollars per hour (or per shift), and they didn't succeed AND may have stayed on cam longer than they should've.

And if it upsets you to see the model log off early without having gotten topless/naked/naughty with toys, you could always just take her into a group or private show (if she does group/private) for way less than what her public chat goal is. For example, you could spend 400 tokens in a private show and get the nakedness AND toy show, instead of waiting around all day for guys in public chat to help her reach 2,000/3,000 tokens or whatever.
I'm only talking about models who have MET THE GOAL, the topic was 5000 to such and such and here we are 7500 later and still no show or the model just leaves.

This has been a topic of discussion so much on here lately, you might have sticky it. :woops: I get the want/compulsion to want to out this model/set of models, but it won't really stop it. Stick to visiting models who actually do as they advertise (watching them a few times before tipping is always smart).

I haven't seen any MFC girls do the reach goal/log off scam thankfully. Cam4 is a different story, lol... seen it many times there (which is why I strictly lurk on cam4).

What I have seen recently a few time though is someone reaches a goal, or is just about to reach it, and their internet connection fucks up, so they disappear altogether, or for 15-20 minutes.....ugh. Not a scam, but um... it makes my penis sad :cry:

Ive sadly seen a lot of girls do this. Goal reached.. and nothing, or logged off, or takes a private/group immediately after, etc. It happens. Ive had members specifically ask before tipping if im really gonna do my topic show for fear they may tip and never get whats promised to them.
You can try watching a model first and seeing if she is sincere in her goals and isnt one of "those" models. You can also try asking regulars in her room (nicely and not offensive mind you) if the model does do that show in public. My regulars always back me when someone asks if im a scammer. This doesnt really work for models without regs though. But if she has people backing her then id say its safe to tip away :)

Reactions: LuckyShamrok
Y'know what I love? When someone tips for VIP or all my pics (999/666 tokens) which finishes a countdown for naked/shower/etc... and then while I am giving them their VIP/Pics/etc, others are jibberjabberwhining about how I made my countdown and I am still not naked/showering/etc. :roll:

It has been touched on in this thread, but I'll say it again. Sometimes you don't know why a model does what she does. If she logs off after a person finishes her countdown nearly single-handedly, maybe his tip note said "don't worry about the countdown, this is just for you, have a good night!" or something to that affect. Or in my example above, people who are just coming in don't realize that since the person tipping for VIP was the only tip for my countdown, that I am going to make sure he/she is all set with what they requested before I get to the topic at hand. Patience Is A Virtue.

To members: Ya don't always understand what's going on, so before smearing a girl's name, see if there's any more to the story. Or better yet, just click next model and don't worry about other people and their spending habits on MFC. People will learn one way or another, and it's not always your responsibility to help teach the masses. ;)

To models: Try your best to be openly explanatory if you can't fulfill a topic/countdown and try not to make it a habit in general. You'll learn that even if we have the best of intentions, we'll always take the heat for occurrences like this. Unfortunately in the MFC game, a reputation is important, so try not to kill it.

And the one recurring thing you hear in model's room for the last 5 months ?
Why's it so quiet, why is no one tipping ?
Well maybe the percentage of guy's that have been ripped off on MFC has increased and they are doing what Frankie stated and are watching for a certain period time before they decide to tip or not.
Today I went into 4 model rooms I don't normally frequent and guess what, 2 of them blatantly scammed.
The first was 19 tokens away from a 2000 topic, took a private and came back with new topic, no show.
The second was tipped 300 tokens by one guy for her topic to get naked and she promptly banned him and no he was not rude to her or anything like that.
So it's not only huge tips that are being taken but also small ones and many times over.
Maybe the models should be more concerned and not have the attitude just click next because I'm sure the models that scam guys are costing all the other models revenue and the reputation of MFC.
How many new models ( Not new models that have been offline tipped before even coming on cam ) starting with a 1000 camscore have made a success ? Not many I would bet.
Other peoples spending habits are no concern of mine but when people lose money that's just worrying.

I thought this thread was going to be about things for models to watch out for, or a list of common scams for members to watch out for. It just seems to be people complaining that some models want a lot of money without having to work. Hmm...

MFC is basically a lawless wasteland where everyone has to fend for themselves. And I'm not saying that sarcastically.

So many times I have gotten tip notes where - just as Amber said - the guy said, "Don't add this towards the countdown, it's just because." And then everyone else yelled at me because they didn't get free tits.

So many times, a guy will tip an amount, and it is accompanied by "now fuk ass daughter". You all don't know what kinds of communication is going on between models and members.

I'm not denying the fact that some models are scammers. In some situations it's uncalled for, as when she does not deliver any content or show after she promised to. In some cases - like lying about a birthday or needing her car fixed - who gives a fuck? I know, we need to control how every member spends his tokens. We should set up an ACF Steering Committee run by only people who posted in this thread, and we will have to approve every tip before it goes through. Those silly boys can't be trusted with their own money!

I was in a situation once, where a countdown to my group-warmup was taking AGES and it was getting late. I asked my room, "Guys, this is taking quite a while, why dont we do something else instead". So when we finally finished I did a striptease instead of going group. NONE of the guys who tipped had a complaint about this and gave me the goahead. The lurkers who just sat around waiting for me to get naked can be blueballed.

Reactions: 1 person
Thought about replying a couple of times. Waited. Now is the time.

It's all buyer beware, or more appropriately, tipper beware. New prems can be excused if they haven't been a lurker for long, but other than that, you're on your own. Anyone who throws a lot of tokens at a model that they haven't spent some time with to know their MO, then no sympathy here. Due diligence, my friend.

Of course, I'm not sitting in a room for hours on end waiting for a countdown to be met. I never tip specifically for show countdowns. If the model wants to count it towards the goal, great. If I wanted to see a show, I could find one w/in minutes and not pay a single token. Therefore, I tip for other reasons.

Amazingly enough, I'm rarely disappointed with my time spent on MFC. Go figure. It's all perspective and mindset.

Mate_ said:
And the one recurring thing you hear in model's room for the last 5 months ?
Why's it so quiet, why is no one tipping ?
Well maybe the percentage of guy's that have been ripped off on MFC has increased and they are doing what Frankie stated and are watching for a certain period time before they decide to tip or not.
Sure this could be part of it, but you know that's probably not the most of it. I'd be more willing to bet that the most of it is members content with not paying another dime since they can just sit there and eventually get a free show, either in the room their in, or the next one.

But as for the others, it's a little silly to be afraid to pitch in 5 to 20 tokens (especially if there is some entertainment going on in the room, such as nakedness, dancing, spankings, etc) for a countdown because they're afraid a show won't happen at the end. It was said in another thread really well, something to the tune of "if every member sits around afraid to help with the countdown, then the countdown won't happen." But yes, before you drop your whole wad of 200+ tokens, you may want to feel the room out a tad first. I just don't feel the majority of a model's "quiet room" is people doing that day in, day out.

Matt255 said:
I'm only talking about models who have MET THE GOAL, the topic was 5000 to such and such and here we are 7500 later and still no show or the model just leaves.

Yeah, models who do that are hurting themselves in the long run, because the guys who spent all that money (who COULD have become 'regulars') will be pissed and will not make that same mistake on them again. And they'll probably warn others about them in The Lounge, on the model's profile, and in the model's public chat.

A member told me once that he gave models (it was two girls who always cammed together) a 1,000-token tip, and the models clapped their hands excitedly and then immediately logged off. SMH.

I tend to feel models out, too, before really tipping them (lots of small tips or fewer bigger tips). From the lounge or just lurking a little. Mostly I am gauging personality, though, not if I feel she is going to forego on a show after the topic is met, or whatnot.

But, what Amber said about throwing 5, 10, or 20 tokens towards a model you don't know to feel her out in a countdown is also a good idea. It's not like you're throwing what could have cost you $20. Even from the 200 token package, 20 tokens is only $2 to the member. Obviously, if you buy bigger packages, it is even less.

Save your bigger tips (I'll say bigger tips are at least 100 to many members) for models you know. Whether it is for a show countdown or not.

Also, members, remember that we can make tip notes public now. So if you are tipping and making it NOT for a specific topic, you can make that tip note available to everyone; so that even the bloobs can see that the tip specifically said it wasn't for the topic. I often do that for birthday tips, or if I am one of the few tipping a favorite and I don't feel the freeloaders deserve to see her nakie or doing a show.

Even with favorite models, I sometimes tip smaller amounts, like 10 tokens at a time, so I can send more cute/funny tip notes. Especially if I am short MFC money that week, and want my tokens to last just a few minutes longer. So it's not like you HAVE to throw hundreds per tip at favorite models, either; whether they be for a show or just for her. Sometimes the models like getting small tips with fun tip notes, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.