AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

seasoned CB model, new to forums, Streaming help..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2019
Hi there. I could do with some help and advice regarding the stream quality of my webcam performances. I have been a model for the last 3 1/2 years now. Started with just a macbook pro and a logitech c920, been using the c922 for the last 2 years and a 2017 macbook pro for the last 12-18 months.
Although I am using the Logitech C922 which seems to be standard for a lot of models along with the c920.. I cannot seem to get good stream or even HD stream quality. When I broadcast using Safari and then open Chrome and type my name into google search bar to look for my room, it appears that the picture is always a little fuzzy and looks outdated.
If I broadcast in 1900×1050 the stream quality of the browser I am broadcasting from looks fine. Then when I click back on Chrome as an anonymous viewer of my room the stream quality and resolution appears much lower, the stream quality looks outdated and a bit fuzzy, If I click the icon that takes the stream to 1080p, the change in quality is minimal and I find other peoples rooms look much better even in 720p.
If I take the broadcast resolution back down to 1400×1050), the highest I can get is 720p..
The system I am running is
macbook pro 13” 2017 model, Four thunderbolt 3 port.
Processor – 3.1 HGz Intel Core i5
Memory – 8 GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
Graphics 650 1536 MB
I have no idea if I am better of spec wise than I was with my old mac or worse, I am not knowledgeable with computers even though I have been a part time model for over 3 years.
I have asked support team about this and one of the things they have mentioned is bandwidth, however I dont know if they mean the bandwidtch of my laptop or of the actual router/internet service provider.. but one of the points they made of things to check for was – Confirm you are not broadcasting at too high of a resolution for your bandwidth. You need at least 2Mbps to broadcast at 640×480 resolution.
They also mentioned using OBS but I have no idea what that is..

https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2820593-how-do-i-set-up-obs- follow those directions, but after adding video camera source the settings should look more like this:

If you want to increase resolution you would need to adjust the resolution in the 3 sections indicated in the tutorial (2 in settings then 1 in video source) then you would also need to increase your bitrate.

Edit: actually i cant remember if macs can do MJPEG but if they can't just pick a different video format.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hattypie
Upvote 0
You're broadcasting through browser? That's your first problem. Try OBS studios: you can use you're GPU to encode your video which will take stress off your CPU. Also you might have to contact CBs support to enable 3rd party encoding depending on what country you're from. I'm from Canada and I had to. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about the program.. it's free btw.

Also when they mentioned bandwidth that has to do with download speeds from your router. The best way to ensure you're getting max bandwidth is to hardwire the laptop with an ethernet cable from the router.. ie dont use wifi.

But ya.. using OBS to push your stream to CB instead of browser will give you 50% better stream.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am experiencing exactly the same, but I use OBS, the picture within the OBS looks great but when I watch myself on my laptop, phone or hubbys PC it looks dull, fuzzy and disappointing :/
I am streaming from Mac Pro 2017, the settings in obs are for the 720, I have tried to set the bitrate all the ways from 3000 to 5500, my upload speed is 10 Mbps, I have tried all the tutorials, asked for help from the CB support and still haven’t figured it out. Which means that from having 1000-1700 viewers each show lately I struggle get 60 viewers.

Upvote 0
I am experiencing exactly the same, but I use OBS, the picture within the OBS looks great but when I watch myself on my laptop, phone or hubbys PC it looks dull, fuzzy and disappointing :/
I am streaming from Mac Pro 2017, the settings in obs are for the 720, I have tried to set the bitrate all the ways from 3000 to 5500, my upload speed is 10 Mbps, I have tried all the tutorials, asked for help from the CB support and still haven’t figured it out. Which means that from having 1000-1700 viewers each show lately I struggle get 60 viewers.

Obs window looks fine but when you watch your stream using the same computer it looks dull, fuzzy, and disappointing? Could you show me a comparison screenshot

Upvote 0
Obs window looks fine but when you watch your stream using the same computer it looks dull, fuzzy, and disappointing? Could you show me a comparison screenshot
Sorry I never posted that screenshot, it looks like I had issues because of my lighting. I use brio and also iglasses plus app called webcam settings, since there is no proper app for Mac users to control the Logitech webcams. Looks like everything is working fine when first I turn on the lights and then start the obs, when I start the obs and turn my lights after, there is a lot of video noise, not noticeable on obs but annoying on stream :)

Upvote 0
Sorry I never posted that screenshot, it looks like I had issues because of my lighting. I use brio and also iglasses plus app called webcam settings, since there is no proper app for Mac users to control the Logitech webcams. Looks like everything is working fine when first I turn on the lights and then start the obs, when I start the obs and turn my lights after, there is a lot of video noise, not noticeable on obs but annoying on stream :)
did you try changing the frequency in the webcam settings?

Upvote 0
I start the obs and turn my lights after,
turn "ON" your light I suppose ?

A "noise" generally comes from a low light but logitech C920 is known as being good under low light :/

A bad frequency adjustment would cause video to flicker with the frequency of lighting.
50Hz is mainly used by most of countries for electric power, so generally softwares are set at 60Hz by default.
US has an electric power provided at 60Hz, video should be adjusted to 50Hz. It just has to be different to not resonate like a stroboscope.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thank you for the responses. The cam is set to 60 Hz, my other options are 50 Hz and to disable but I think it was always at 60 Hz.
I have turned off the auto focus etc, and yes I mean turn ON the lights :)
I think that I just gotta switch from Mac to Windows and be able to access all the webcam settings from the "mother" app. Thank you for your help :)

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.