AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

security/privacy and sharing (kik, snap, email, etc.)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2017
New Zealand
so, I see some people offering their snap or kik for tokens, how secure are these apps? are they something you guys are comfortable using? (Telegram is the only security-conscious comm. app I know about, kik is totally new to me)

and what about amazon's wishlist. I know it gives away your registered name and town. would you use it if you didn't have a PO Box set up?

are there other things I should be cautious about that I might not be thinking of? (I used a different email for registering on CB than I do for contact, and a different one for payouts/etc. to keep things as uncompromised as possible)

I wouldn't use amazon without a P.O box. A member can easily find out the the exact address especially if it's through a 3rd party shipper so that would be a no for me.

I do the same with the email addresses: have a separate email for the $$ related stuff and another to give out publicly for customs etc.

I haven't heard anything happening with kik but I haven't used it in years.
With snapchat, I don't allow people to search me by number nor import contacts when I signed up & haven't heard of anything bad happening through that method.

If you use social media though, I'd be careful with Instagram. People from my town started following me on there and I don't have a facebook nor imported or have any of those people in my contacts so you can pop up in the "people to follow" for people in your area and I have no idea how to turn it off so I just deleted mine.

Another note on Amazon wishlists: you can have a wishlist without an address. Just ask for people who buy you stuff to give you gift cards and specify what they want you to get.

With kik, as long as you make sure to not allow it to find friends/access your contacts, you should be okay.

is that in the installation permissions or the sign-up process?

Another note on Amazon wishlists: you can have a wishlist without an address. Just ask for people who buy you stuff to give you gift cards and specify what they want you to get.

yeh. I've quickly gotten the impression that the 'buy you things' thing is a gambit some people use to try to get personal info. when you come back with the secure option of e-cards, suddenly they drop the idea and look for a new target.

is that in the installation permissions or the sign-up process?

Create an account using a cam related email. These are the two prompts you'll get once you login.
Screenshot_20170209-003452.png
Hit "Not Now" in the upper right.

Screenshot_20170209-003459.png

Hit "I'm sure".

You can always check these settings later in your privacy settings.

As long as you do this when you login, it doesn't default to sharing :)

cool. thanks

So I would be weary about snap becauseeeee I disallow people adding me by number and the other day I had an add by telephone number. Checked setting still disallowed so I blocked.

I think it's important to realise technology like this can glitch or change things without you knowing ( like the insta location thing) and it can potentially add to risk exposure, no matter how careful you are.

Reactions: Gen
So I would be weary about snap becauseeeee I disallow people adding me by number and the other day I had an add by telephone number. Checked setting still disallowed so I blocked.

I think it's important to realise technology like this can glitch or change things without you knowing ( like the insta location thing) and it can potentially add to risk exposure, no matter how careful you are.
You can operate Snapchat without ever adding a phone number, for anyone interested in that tidbit.

You can operate Snapchat without ever adding a phone number, for anyone interested in that tidbit.

Just to add on to that. Tablets are a great way of doing that for security reasons. But if you want something a bit smaller and more portable like a phone, go buy a phone. A prepaid smartphone, any company. Buy it just for work and never activate it. Literally throw away the sim card. It still works exactly the same as a phone with all the apps, just over wifi only. Which, let's be honest, in this day and age, that's almost everywhere you go. Never having registered it means there's absolutely no way a number can be accidentally leaked on it.

And it can still use a free google Voice phone number with Hangouts to do calling and texting.

Just to add on to that. Tablets are a great way of doing that for security reasons. But if you want something a bit smaller and more portable like a phone, go buy a phone. A prepaid smartphone, any company. Buy it just for work and never activate it. Literally throw away the sim card. It still works exactly the same as a phone with all the apps, just over wifi only. Which, let's be honest, in this day and age, that's almost everywhere you go. Never having registered it means there's absolutely no way a number can be accidentally leaked on it.

And it can still use a free google Voice phone number with Hangouts to do calling and texting.
Another option would be an iPod touch. Its just like an iPhone, except you cant make phone calls with it. http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

Last edited:
also on this topic. someone told me yesterday that Lovense (who sell the popular Lush tip toy) have their own wish list, and unlike Amazon, it's totally secure and gives the buyer no personal information about you (in contrast to your city and whatever name you have to have your mail addressed to with Amazon).

seems to be correct.
one little gripe though, it irks me how some websites refuse to let you create a brute-force-proof password (Lovense is 16 characters max).

Status
Not open for further replies.