AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Selling Playlists on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadisonTyler

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 4, 2013
I noticed some girls sell their music playlist on MFC of about 1000+ songs. If someone wants to buy your playlist how do you share the files with that member?

Thanks!

I would strongly suggest to refrain from selling actual music files. They're copyrighted, and you could get into serious trouble with the law if you sold them.

I think girls who sell their playlists just make a text document with all the titles in their playlist and send that to the member so he can go listen to the songs on YouTube or Spotify, or buy them on iTunes. I suppose this is great for girls who get asked about their music a lot.

just send them a .txt file with a list of song names and their appropriate artists :-D

Just Me said:
You can also send the link to a youtube playlist.
Unless the member happens to be German. Cause then they probably won't be able to listen to a single goddamn song. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

Reactions: UncleThursday
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:
Unless the member happens to be German. Cause then they probably won't be able to listen to a single goddamn song. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

Haha! Thank you all for the speedy replies. I will probably do the .txt document? Or I guess I could also burn playlists and mail them out? All great suggestions!

MadisonTyler said:
Or I guess I could also burn playlists and mail them out? All great suggestions!
Are you saying you want to burn a music CD and sell it?

Reactions: NataliaGrey
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:

Damn that is true. Being in the USA I tend to forget some content is blocked to other countries. I so rarely run across anything that is blocked here. :crybaby:

LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:
Unless they have a VPN and can bypass that nonsense.

Reactions: Just Me
Just Me said:
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:

Damn that is true. Being in the USA I tend to forget some content is blocked to other countries. I so rarely run across anything that is blocked here. :crybaby:

I run into blocked content fairly often, actually. Obviously not as often as this, but often enough for me to think to myself, "WTF?! I thought I was living in the land of the FREE!"

Anyway, there are browser scripts and extensions that take care of these sorts of things without having to mess with clunky vpns. Does Hola Unblocker cover Youtube? I know it covers other streaming services.

Anyway, selling actual songs that you don't own is piracy, and not the cute "just torrented the latest episode of X-factor" piracy. It's the piracy that people get real life sued over. Even selling access to a Spotify playlist seems kinda iffy. Why people gotta hold their personal preferences hostage, anyway? It's about as ridiculous to me as the notion of demanding tips to tell what your favorite food or color is.

JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:
You can't just assume that someone makes himself familiar himself with a vpn (or buys access to a vpn service) after selling him your YouTube playlist that he can't play.

YouTube is a bad idea in case your member lives in a country that blocks music on YouTube.
Spotify could get really risky due to its connection to Facebook.
Selling uploaded mp3s or a burnt CD is highly illegal and out of the question.
A text file would really be the best idea I think.

LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:
You can't just assume that someone makes himself familiar himself with a vpn (or buys access to a vpn service) after selling him your YouTube playlist that he can't play.

YouTube is a bad idea in case your member lives in a country that blocks music on YouTube.
I actually even heard that you can get the IP address off of a burned CD. So def don't do that one!

Reactions: DudeExtreme
PlayboyMegan said:
LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:

I actually even heard that you can get the IP address off of a burned CD. So def don't do that one!

Okay :)

Yeah, there are all manner of sucky drawbacks to this.

Aside from the very real problems Lily mentioned, a big txt file just seems kind of impersonal and dull to me (and not something a lot of people might care about).

Why not personalize it? Make it part of a raffle and customize it for the member who wins? For example, you could ask him some general questions (nothing too personal, obv., unless he's cool with sharing that) about the things he likes or what kind of music he'd like and then make the playlist (text file) especially for him? Or maybe provide written commentary with it, like your own liner notes, if it's going to be something you sell regularly and if you give everyone the same txt file.

Reactions: missmeowmixx
I'd go with the YouTube playlist. It's most the most universally accessible and convenient, and everyone knows how YouTube works. There are well-known ways to get around country blocks that anyone interested in music will be familiar with, and there aren't many countries that block them altogether.

PlayboyMegan said:

The best they could do is find out the 'name' of the computer it was burned from, but since no one really names their computers in that setting, it doesn't matter... and even if someone did name it, the worst it would be is something like John Smith's computer or sexmachine's computer or something. There's no way the CD would have the information like the ISP's IP address that it assigns the person who is using them. This becomes even more true because 99% of people out there don't hook their computer directly into their broadband modem (unless it acts as a router as well) and go through a router. So, even if it somehow had the computer's IP address on it, it would be showing the IP address assigned by the router, like 192.168.1.3 or something. My router is also my modem, but my iMac's IP address is, unshockingly, 192.168.1.2... try looking that IP address up on the web, and the best you will do is find your own router or the computer the router has assigned that IP address to. 192.168.1.x is a generic internal network IP address given by practically every router on the market today, except for the few that use 127.0.0.x-- with 192.168.1.1 (or 127.0.0.1) being the router itself.

yossarian said:
Yeah, there are all manner of sucky drawbacks to this.

Aside from the very real problems Lily mentioned, a big txt file just seems kind of impersonal and dull to me (and not something a lot of people might care about).

Why not personalize it? Make it part of a raffle and customize it for the member who wins? For example, you could ask him some general questions (nothing too personal, obv., unless he's cool with sharing that) about the things he likes or what kind of music he'd like and then make the playlist (text file) especially for him? Or maybe provide written commentary with it, like your own liner notes, if it's going to be something you sell regularly and if you give everyone the same txt file.

Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a model selling her already personalized playlist though?

UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:

The best they could do is find out the 'name' of the computer it was burned from, but since no one really names their computers in that setting, it doesn't matter... and even if someone did name it, the worst it would be is something like John Smith's computer or sexmachine's computer or something. There's no way the CD would have the information like the ISP's IP address that it assigns the person who is using them. This becomes even more true because 99% of people out there don't hook their computer directly into their broadband modem (unless it acts as a router as well) and go through a router. So, even if it somehow had the computer's IP address on it, it would be showing the IP address assigned by the router, like 192.168.1.3 or something. My router is also my modem, but my iMac's IP address is, unshockingly, 192.168.1.2... try looking that IP address up on the web, and the best you will do is find your own router or the computer the router has assigned that IP address to. 192.168.1.x is a generic internal network IP address given by practically every router on the market today, except for the few that use 127.0.0.x-- with 192.168.1.1 (or 127.0.0.1) being the router itself.
Thanks for posting this. I get so tired of people spreading misinformation and causing fear where none is necessary, especially when it comes to technology and privacy.

Aurora said:
UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:

Thanks for posting this. I get so tired of people spreading misinformation and causing fear where none is necessary, especially when it comes to technology and privacy.

It's awesome to get the accurate information, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. Also it wouldn't surprise me if lot's of people name their computer "Gen XOXO's Computer" with their real name.

GenXoxo said:
Aurora said:
UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:

It's awesome to get the accurate information, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. Also it wouldn't surprise me if lot's of people name their computer "Gen XOXO's Computer" with their real name.
I'd say it would be worse for someone to discover a model's real name than their IP address. And Gen's point was the first thing that came to mind when burning CDs was brought up.

So many people think that IP address is some magical thing that gives someone an exact GPS coordinate to their front door.

AmberCutie said:
GenXoxo said:
Aurora said:
UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I'd say it would be worse for someone to discover a model's real name than their IP address. And Gen's point was the first thing that came to mind when burning CDs was brought up.

So many people think that IP address is some magical thing that gives someone an exact GPS coordinate to their front door.

Most people I know skip that part, since it isn't of any importance. Naming the computer is, well, just a non-issue when setting up a computer for the first time.

However, there are loads of people who think IP addresses can be, as you said, a magical GPS to someone's front door. This also is a fallacy people cling to. The closest one could get to pinpointing anyone on a normal commercial ISP would be the town they live in... and for models who, say, live in LA, NYC, Philly, etc., those are pretty big towns. For models who live in smaller towns, it could be a bigger issue... but since the CD wouldn't have that information, anyway, another non-issue.

Unless someone is paying an ISP for a static IP address from that ISP, then every ISP I know of routinely changes the IP addresses it assigns to its customers. They basically use DHCP like home routers, as an oversimplification of why and how they do it. But, they change them routinely, normally every 30 days or so. The only reason to bother to pay for a static IP address is if you're hosting a website/web server from your home and thus require the static IP to be there for DNS servers to find it. Otherwise, there is no reason to pay the extra money for the static IP address.

Reactions: Aurora
UncleThursday said:
My router is also my modem, but my iMac's IP address is, unshockingly, 192.168.1.2...

Attachments

• campfire.png
    campfire.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Aurora
Status
Not open for further replies.