AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I cam in my natural hair?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet Dawn

Cam Model
Aug 22, 2015
Wonderland
Twitter Username
@Violet_Dawn
Streamate Username
VioletDawn18
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/147433/LunaBelle/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/98721/LunaBelle
Okay, so my issue is my best wig is a giant itching bomb. It's beautiful(in my profile picture) but I also hate rebuying the damn thing because it's also about 60 dollars and doesn't last longer than a week without becoming a giant mess. It's extremely hard to wear for hours on end. I'm trying to find better wig options but it's a little difficult to find high quality wigs that aren't like this one. So I was thinking in the mean time camming with my natural hair, or even on days I barely feel like getting ready. My issue is my natural hair is really flat, and really REALLY thin and it's dirty blonde, so a combination of all that makes me feel like it looks really oily and gross on cam. I'd like opinions. It doesn't look bad in person, I just don't know. And if anyone has any idea what I can do to make it look better on cam or in general, I'm open to anything. I provided two pics of different lighting (obviously not good lighting) to get a general idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• my hair.jpg
    my hair.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
  • other hair.jpg
    other hair.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 66
My hair use to look like that! I had to clean my hair brush. Like the old oils became part of my hair and just made it look more oily than it was. I also used baby powder and brushed it in my roots all the way down with a comb and then use a hair brush. I dunno it makes it look full and like I lovely. I hope that helps a little bit!
maybe these will help too? http://www.divinecaroline.com/beauty/hair/8-quick-morning-fixes-greasy-hair?page=8

@ArtsyAmelia Thanks for the link. Some good tips in there. Never thought of the whole washing the bangs thing. My bangs are a dead give away when they clump together. I'll try it out and see how I like my dirty blonde hair.

Reactions: ArtsyAmelia
I know several girls that have a drawer full of cosplay wigs. All synthetic from China but look pretty good. You have to find a seller that you like the fullness and quality bc they are all vastly different. Once found tho, you can easily afford as many as you want. Some long ones go for $8 and some for 2-3x that. The one expensive one [$40] was no better than the $19 one I got her. Also be sure to watch the stuff its made from. some are heat safe and others not.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Violet Dawn
@SoTxBob That is so true. I have a couple real cheap wigs atm, but they're either too thin, shitty cut or customers don't like them. I'll have to experiment a bit. Might need to buy a cheap sonico wig.

Reactions: SoTxBob
@ArtsyAmelia Thanks for the link. Some good tips in there. Never thought of the whole washing the bangs thing. My bangs are a dead give away when they clump together. I'll try it out and see how I like my dirty blonde hair.
Either way you're super cute!
I love the natural look. Besides it'll be way easier on you for being online. :cat:

@ArtsyAmelia YES. The only downside is it's hard for me to feel sexy in it. Gotta find a way to make it look hot to me or something because it's pretty bland.
When's the last time you went to the hair salon? I know I always feel sexier after I get my hair washed and trimmed by a pro. I walk out feeling like a million bucks. It usually lasts a couple of days too.

I dunno? Maybe that'll help a bit on top of whatever you decide to try. I know it's hard to truly listen to the sweet nothings of the people that come into your room but... just "fake it till you make it" I truly believe that. I like watching tedtalks a lot and this one helps me a lot.

@gothicfeline That'd be cool, but I'm on streamate right now, so I don't think it'd work out like that. Plus all of my old chaturbate regulars were all completely different, but I noticed I get the most views with my pinky white hair. I've never tried my current natural hair (tried it when it was red, then again at black) Those were alright. I'm just afraid of it looking dirty because it is dirty blonde. lol I may end up making it plat blonde, if I don't find a nice wig.

I see nothing wrong with your natural hair, a lot of us white girls have this problem, myself included. Sometimes I will curl my hair to give it life, or blow-dry it upside down with some texture wax at the roots. Also, my new favorite tool is a rounded brush blow dryer. I use it to tease the roots and flip the ends.

Furtheremore, I know one of my favorite models changes her wigs out day-to-day, as does a girl I know personally who is in the same line of work.

@bad_rapunzel One thing I always loved doing to my hair was making it into cute ringlets, brushing it a little then sleeping in it. It makes it look like I actually have hair. LOL Nice and wavy and pretty.

• Helpful!
Reactions: bad_rapunzel
Status
Not open for further replies.