AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I give up or should I have patience and try more and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2018
I am on Chaturbate since a month and made only 3000 tokens (I stream everyday minimum 2-3hours, sometimes at different hours) and 500 followers.
I promote myself on twitter and instagram (tag chaturbate and other profiles that RT).
Most of users don't talk, even if I talk.
Nobody tips at all. Colored users (light blue, dark blue, etc) ask for things for free (LOOOOL!!).
I've noticed that many times colored users are cheaper than greys and expect shows for free.
I dance, sometimes show my booty, laugh when my mod or someone else say something funny, use a menu (I offer a lot of things from 4 tokens to 1000 tokens for all pockets), use bots, set goals, use popular hashtags, offer 30 tokens private show/group show, have no country blocked and NOTHING!
I've also tried to make some free shows (naked, spanks, dildo)...
If I am lucky enough I make 400 tokens in 2-3 hours (but not everyday) and 25-30 people in my room.
Is it maybe because I don't show my face? Or maybe because I don't have a model like body as the girls in the first pages? But yet I see average looking girl or not so skinny and they get a looot of tokens.
Maybe camming is not for me... I tried for a month so far and I made only 3000 tokens ($150).

From eveythinev I have read about this profession it that it's a Marathon in the beginning keep at it. Continually try and improve your show any way you can.

Maybe find some consistent times to be on so the viewers know when to expect you but also remember to take at least day off each week so you don't get burned out.

Colored users (light blue, dark blue, etc) ask for things for free (LOOOOL!!).
I've noticed that many times colored users are cheaper than greys and expect shows for free

Just because they've paid recently, doesn't mean that they're going to pay YOU. Certain manipulative types like to use the idea of them maybe tipping eventually to weasel some freebies out of models. Give everyone the same response: "Sure, I'll (request) for (tip menu amount)!" *stare into camera until they tip or leave*

But yet I see average looking girl or not so skinny and they get a looot of tokens.

They've probably been camming for a while and have some regulars built up.

One month isn't much, and it can be slow to start for many models. Not showing your face CAN be a detriment, but there are models who make it work by showing a lot of personality with their voice and body language. It's certainly worth it to branch out and try other camsites, or even clips, sexting, or phone.

As performers, we are constantly battling the "everything is free... so why pay?" epidemic. Fortunately, there are people that will continue to pay for something they feel is worth paying for... something that they can't get free in abundance elsewhere. Tweak your shows until you find the best situation for you. Engage in the people who tip, ignore the ones who don't. Reward those who spend some money and shun the ones who don't. That goes across all platforms.

- Ivy Bleu
http://ivybleu.com

Reactions: JyJy
I would try a different cam site. Some models who don’t make anything on one type of site makes buckets of tokens on another type of site. I would not write it off if you’ve only tried chaturbate.

There’s sooo many ways to make money on line, sometimes it’s worth trying them all! I have a friend who makes $100,000 a year off of running a really really good Snapchat account and charging $25/month subscription for it.

Is it maybe because I don't show my face? Or maybe because I don't have a model like body as the girls in the first pages? But yet I see average looking girl or not so skinny and they get a looot of tokens.
Not showing your face could be a huge factor why you aren't earning much. I'm not gonna candy coat it. It is very rare headless or masked cammodels do well.

You have to stop focusing on other models and comparing yourself to them. Don't even go into other models' rooms when you get bored. It's gonna fuck with your self esteem.

Do you offer private shows? I find when I offer private shows and use the hashtag pvt I have the ability to earn a bit more... My tokens per minute are very low < only 12> But adding in spy shows its pretty decent

Do you offer private shows? I find when I offer private shows and use the hashtag pvt I have the ability to earn a bit more... My tokens per minute are very low < only 12> But adding in spy shows its pretty decent
Yes, I do.
Private show/Spy show is 30 tokens per minute.
And also group show (minimum 2 users) 30 tokens per minute.
Maybe I should lower the price...

Yes, I do.
You don't always want to offer the lowest price, that just attracts the freeloaders.

I have no idea what is standard rate on CB is group/private but if your going to offer private for 30 tokens/min then you probably want to offer your group from something less. Most guys aren't going to want to pay the same rate for a group show when they could get a 1 on 1 for the same price. For example on streamate I charge $9.99/min exclusive 1 on 1 show and $5.49/min for a group show.

While there are some successful models that don't show their face on cam, the majority don't do well. This is not supposed to sound mean but answer honestly for yourself: Would you really want to chat with a body?

While there are some successful models that don't show their face on cam, the majority don't do well. This is not supposed to sound mean but answer honestly for yourself: Would you really want to chat with a body?
That's true.
Sometimes I show half of my face (to the nose), but I can't show it all because of my family, people who could recognize me, etc.
If it was for me and I didn't care at all I would put my face and do it. I don't do it because I don't want my family to be known in the city as "the parents/brothers of that slutty girl on internet" all because of my choises.
Unfortunately that's how the majority of people think about who does/try to do this kind of work.

Yes, I do.

I wouldn't lower your prices just yet... if you are comfortable with that tkn price just try to promote it more and see how that goes... you could tweet "hey guys pvts are open for my show tonight!" And then use the #pvt hashtag in your room setting.

I'm going to keep mine at 12 for now and the up it in jan... I know it's super low and my Skype is quite a bit more but I just explain to clients that CB is my main income and I don't have to struggle to make payout like I do on other sites.

And when I up the price in jan... it might not be a huge spike and I will let my clients know probably throughout Dec "get your privates in before the price change"

On sites like Chaturbate you have to spend a significant amount of consistent time online.

There are lots of models who show their faces, had banging bodies and had very crappy circumstances that made the same amount you did at one point and they just changed up their formula and stuck with it and are now some of the highest making.

I'd suggest, try another month doing 4+ hours every day you can at the same time every day and try using your personality more than your body. Ignore everyone who asks for freebies and use bots that block people who are annoying. If that doesn't work, I'd switch to a new site.

Reactions: JyJy and AudriTwo
If you show too much, you can't pay the bills.
In my personal opinion, the less you show the better you'll make money.

You can always "almost show" or have "accidents" that are really quick to cover... that should help out a bit.

But everybody is different and different things work for different folks... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.