AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Silent Camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya, so i have hit a bit of a snag lately, I've been desperate to get on cams, but due to the holidays and Christmas coming up my boyfriend is spending lot of time home lately, he is a tattooist and winter months can get very slow, due to people saving, and in the evening i have a child i have to be mindful of.

But again due to xmas, my clips are not selling nearly as much as they have been, so i wanted to retry camming... My only option is to do cam but with little to no sound and to type instead... This is only sometimes, as there will be days i get time to myself to mess about on cams WITH sound :)

What is peoples opinions/views on this?

Edited to say: My boyfriend knows i cam, and doesnt really care that i cam whilst he is here, but i kinda dont like "performing" whilst he is in the house.. yes its weird, but id feel well weird if he heard me... he tried doing shows with me before but hated it haha!

It is kind of a mixed bag. There are a lot of people that don't like silent cams and avoid them. There are only two models that I can think of off the top of my head that I visit that cam silently. Both instances are because of a spouse or child in the house.

They do make up for it by playing good music and being very interactive typing in the chat. Go for it and see how it works out. Silent camming is better than no camming since clip sales have been low. At the very least maybe you can direct some traffic to them.

Good luck! :)

It is kind of a mixed bag. There are a lot of people that don't like silent cams and avoid them. There are only two models that I can think of off the top of my head that I visit that cam silently. Both instances are because of a spouse or child in the house.

They do make up for it by playing good music and being very interactive typing in the chat. Go for it and see how it works out. Silent camming is better than no camming since clip sales have been low. At the very least maybe you can direct some traffic to them.

Good luck! :)

I agree with this, especially if camming is your single source of income. It would not be ideal but if this is your only other option then definitely make up the lack of verbal communication with your typing and audience engagement.

• Helpful!
Reactions: TattooedMilfyMama
Personally, I like silent/typing models. As long as it's not confusing who you're responding to, it typically works well. One down side you may experience is that more people will want to talk in PM, since you're typing already

• Helpful!
Yerp, I've done it and made decent money. A good thing to do (depending on if your camsite allows it) is to play music in the background. You can do it without having a mic. Whenever I do it I'm sure to remain super animated, facial reactions go a long way.

As a member if you're going to do this on any site make sure you still appear responsive to members. There have been enough models before you that have abused this as a way to run pre-recorded rooms or sessions. Sometimes I might mean waving at the camera or other things members do to 'test' to make sure you aren't a recording.

• Helpful!
I was wondering about this as I can’t make noise at night. I think this would be a good idea for a site like Streamate? I wonder since MFC/Chaturbate I interact a lot by talking to my viewers and I’m afraid because of not having audio I will damage my camscore?

This holiday season has been really slow for clips/vids and would be an alternative that I would definitely try as long as it won’t hurt camscore

I was wondering about this as I can’t make noise at night. I think this would be a good idea for a site like Streamate? I wonder since MFC/Chaturbate I interact a lot by talking to my viewers and I’m afraid because of not having audio I will damage my camscore?

This holiday season has been really slow for clips/vids and would be an alternative that I would definitely try as long as it won’t hurt camscore

There's a number of models on MFC who don't verbally interact with their guests. But, they do type. Some rooms are silent/muted, others they play music. Most of the ones I know of are from Eastern Europe, and as I understand it, don't speak/read English so they rely on translators. Some do okay, others not so. But, I think this depends on their personality more than lack of English.

Perhaps if you've interacted with your members before, make a game of it somehow with being silent. I know a few top models will do silent shows on occasion. Or, will not talk until a certain goal has been reached.

My 2 cents, Camming is different from other adult entertainment due to the fact that it is interactive. You can be interactive but not loud or talking, chatting via in the room. Limit pm. Set goals and tips for something that works. Some models can do this well, others can not and just sit and don't interact. IMHO, that is a mistake

Silent camming is OK for me, but I love quiet camming. That means the model is generally being quiet, whispering to the camera like there is someone in the next room and she's doing something she shouldn't be doing. Whispering is one of the sexiest sounds to me.

Yes, CB has lots of models with "Shhhh parents in next room!" and other similar tags but their parents must be deaf because they're almost as noisy as any other show.

Viewers get pissed off when I silent cam and I only do it when my housemates are home, my regs they totally understand but still I feel bad for my clients that I have to silent cam

Status
Not open for further replies.