AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Site to send your videos to the members who buy them

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyLuna said:
so, um... I can't get files to upload.

I get logged out of the site when the upload is somewhere around 85% done. I have a ridiculously good internet connection, but the upload is really slow anyway. I'm about to try with a smaller file, cause I was trying with a zip file of videos close to the 1 gb limit, but still...

I will test it tonight but other models are able to upload. How big are the individual files? I've uploaded ones myself as big as 700MB and it was very fast (though my Internet is 100mbit). Either way ill check it out. Oh also what browser are you using and what version is it?

I'm using google chrome.

I just tried uploading a picture set. I think the problem might be that they are zip files? The picture set was only 76.2 MB and it wouldn't upload...

Reactions: mired
LadyLuna said:
I'm using google chrome.

I just tried uploading a picture set. I think the problem might be that they are zip files? The picture set was only 76.2 MB and it wouldn't upload...

Ok I will take a look when I get home

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
I'm using google chrome.

OK I just tested it. I tried three zip files ranging in size from 20MB to 84MB. The 84MB .zip file took 24 seconds to upload, and seemed to work fine. I also checked the server and the database, and it appears you have managed to upload at least one wmv file. There also appears to be a bunch of files from other models ranging in sizes up to 800MB. I'm not sure what the issue is. Could you try resetting the cache in your browser. If it's Chrome then click the wrench in the upper right corner, go to Settings, click "Show Advanced Options, and click "Clear Browsing Data". Make sure "Empty Cache" and "Delete Cookies..." are both checked off, and the pulldown at the top is set to "The Beginning of Time" and click the "Clear Browing Data" button. Then quit chrome and re-open it.

That might help. Let me know if you are still having issues. I'm going to NYC this weekend, but I'll have my phone and laptop, and I'm following this thread so I'll see quickly if you reply with more issues. I'll be able to dig into this a little further when I'm in my hotel room if you are still having trouble, I just may not be able to respond quite as quickly.

One last thing. For support issues within the website going forward I've added a "Report Bug" option to the dropdown menu at the top right of the webpage. For now it just opens an e-mail message to me, but the team & I will flesh it out after I get back from my trip so that it's a formal web form. I'd prefer we use that to deal with issues like this in the future because that way we're not unnecessarily bumping this thread constantly, and cluttering up the front page of this forum.

it worked! Will use the bug report feature from now on.

After my videos were removed by mediafire, I thought I'd give this site a try and I LOVE IT! It lets you track who is sharing their video so you can not only aprehend the culprit but you can delete their code, without changing a "password". It is so easy to send videos to members with this site! Girls, there are very few resources like this for camgirls, we need to take advantage of it!!! I encourage all of you to switch to this site (which is free in beta), instead of giving our money to a site like mediafire that takes our videos down. :twocents-02cents:

you pay file hosts? :eek:

As for issues of files timing out, depending upon how you are uploading - it could be a timeout issue on the scripts?

Zoomer said:

As for issues of files timing out, depending upon how you are uploading - it could be a timeout issue on the scripts?

I really wish more models would pay for file hosts. Honestly if I fork over $30 for a video or two and I have to go through all the hassles being nagged to upgrade to premium membership, than I have to enter the captcha (which always seem to take 2 or 3 attempts to get it right) and then it takes 30+ minutes to download the video cause the model is using a free bandwidth constrained file hosting site, I not a happy camper. In fact the next time the same model offer a good deal on her videos I passed.

I think you're getting confused by business models tbh.

One is that the downloader has a certain experience which can be improved by paying. So the downloader is the "paying" customer. The uploaders are the revenue stream (providing content that people will pay for, or adverts will pay for). These have those timers, the captcha and so on. That's what you are talking about. It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if the model paid for an account on these hosts, you'd still see the download options. You get a slower download and file size limits unless you, the downloader, pay.

The other is like this one - the uploader pays for a service. They upload the file, there is no download wait etc for people downloading as the service is paid for by the person uploading. There is no limit on these with speed, the service is paid for. You aren't talking about this one though.

So I think you've actually gotten the wrong idea when it comes to file hosts and what you are complaining about... for all intents and purposes this site they've put together won't change the experience for the downloader at all. It will, however, for the uploader as they've got certain options. If girls are using the free hosts you see with those download timers, then it isn't something that'd change if the model "pays" those same hosts for it. They'd need to change to an alternative instead... with the second business model.

The major difference for models paying is that with those sites they're registered companies (usually), with large networks, redundancies, backups, no bandwidth limitations etc... and you aren't going to suddenly find it all gone one day or them having issues with the scalability of their business model, or that drive failure impacts whatsoever.

Depending upon this one's, they may also have no such issues - and the beta is the opportunity to find out whether they may or may not. However, I'd still point out, until they're a registered company with an office... it's some dude sat behind a computer somewhere (which is essentially what companies are too, just with physical address locations giving some form of confidence in having a place to refer legal/law issues to!).
;)

*edit* Last correction for most edits to a single post competition :D

HiGirlsRHot said:
Zoomer said:

I really wish more models would pay for file hosts. Honestly if I fork over $30 for a video or two and I have to go through all the hassles being nagged to upgrade to premium membership, than I have to enter the captcha (which always seem to take 2 or 3 attempts to get it right) and then it takes 30+ minutes to download the video cause the model is using a free bandwidth constrained file hosting site, I not a happy camper. In fact the next time the same model offer a good deal on her videos I passed.

We pride ourselves on offering a great experience for both models and their customers. We will never force you to sign up or degrade your speeds for not doing so. Also, we are going to charge the models for our service and not the end users as we believe we are providing a service to models first and foremost. We will NEVER try and double dip by charging both models and their customers.

Jessi said:
This looks awesome. Also want to say THANK YOU for handling questions professionally!

So each user gets a DL link unique to their IP?

Thanks for the compliment.

So, each user gets a code generated by the model. When the code is redeemed it is locked to either their IP or their account (if they choose to make one). If they do not make an account they have 24 hours to download all their files from whatever IP they originally redeemed the code from. If they DO choose to make an account they can have access to the files for life (or until you delete them). We monitor user accounts for IPs as well, and auto-ban if we detect suspicious activity that could indicate account-sharing (this all happens automatically in the background)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
mired said:
Jessi said:
This looks awesome. Also want to say THANK YOU for handling questions professionally!

So each user gets a DL link unique to their IP?

Thanks for the compliment.

So, each user gets a code generated by the model. When the code is redeemed it is locked to either their IP or their account (if they choose to make one). If they do not make an account they have 24 hours to download all their files from whatever IP they originally redeemed the code from. If they DO choose to make an account they can have access to the files for life (or until you delete them). We monitor user accounts for IPs as well, and auto-ban if we detect suspicious activity that could indicate account-sharing (this all happens automatically in the background)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

This sounds perfect. :)

mired said:
Could you try resetting the cache in your browser. If it's Chrome then click the wrench in the upper right corner, go to Settings, click "Show Advanced Options, and click "Clear Browsing Data". Make sure "Empty Cache" and "Delete Cookies..." are both checked off, and the pulldown at the top is set to "The Beginning of Time" and click the "Clear Browing Data" button. Then quit chrome and re-open it.
Just to update this, in one of the recent chrome updates they changed the wrench to 3 horizontal lines. It's still in the same place and everything else is the same.

HiGirlsRHot said:
There are some free file host sites that don't do all that, i know two with fast speeds and no timer or captcha. It comes down to which sites a model knows about and trusts. If you have problems entering a captcha and waiting 30mins for a video, it shouldn't fall on the model to pay. Tell her you had problems, see if others have and recommend a friendlier site if you feel that strongly but if a model isn't getting complaints off everyone, why should she change from a free site that's decent to a paid site?
I'm not against paid sites or models that use them, they have many benefits. I'm just saying that models shouldn't have to use them because of a member, it should be down to their own choice.

Reactions: LadyLuna and mired
16_bit said:
mired said:
Could you try resetting the cache in your browser. If it's Chrome then click the wrench in the upper right corner, go to Settings, click "Show Advanced Options, and click "Clear Browsing Data". Make sure "Empty Cache" and "Delete Cookies..." are both checked off, and the pulldown at the top is set to "The Beginning of Time" and click the "Clear Browing Data" button. Then quit chrome and re-open it.
Just to update this, in one of the recent chrome updates they changed the wrench to 3 horizontal lines. It's still in the same place and everything else is the same.

HiGirlsRHot said:
There are some free file host sites that don't do all that, i know two with fast speeds and no timer or captcha. It comes down to which sites a model knows about and trusts. If you have problems entering a captcha and waiting 30mins for a video, it shouldn't fall on the model to pay. Tell her you had problems, see if others have and recommend a friendlier site if you feel that strongly but if a model isn't getting complaints off everyone, why should she change from a free site that's decent to a paid site?
I'm not against paid sites or models that use them, they have many benefits. I'm just saying that models shouldn't have to use them because of a member, it should be down to their own choice.

While I wholeheartedly agree it is the model's choice as to where to host her files and whether or not it should be a paid or free solution there are some things to consider. In this scenario the model is a business, and the person buying her videos is a customer. Would you buy videos from a business who made you jump through hoops to download the content you paid for? We are trying to strike a balance with our solution, and in doing so we had a few primary design goals:

• *Fast* link generation for models - We wanted models to be able to generate a link or code that contained a few specific videos being purchased as quickly as possible so she can do it while still camming and not seem distracted to the rest of the room.
  • Super-easy redemption - We wanted the model's customers to have the most pain-free experience possible when attempting to download the content they paid for. No one is forced to create an account, speeds are never downgraded, and we never ask a model's customer to pay us anything... ever.
  • Security - We wanted models to be able to use our service to distribute their content with zero fears of link-sharing or account sharing.
  • Designed for this specific purpose - We designed this site to do exactly what you are all trying to do. Model sells file, customer downloads file, everyone is happy. We designed this site for this content, and as such no one is violating any terms of service by selling this type of content through our site... it's what we built it for.

So while no model should ever be *forced* to pay a hosting site, it is a good business practice to make sure your customers have the smoothest possible experience when purchasing content from you. We are free right now, and we will continue to be free until such a time that we feel our service is good enough for us to charge *our* customers because we want them to have the best possible experience as well. Eventually though, we will have to charge. Bandwidth and storage are not free for anyone, even us.

Reactions: LadyLuna and 16_bit

Thanks for this. They changed it after I wrote the original post.

Reactions: 16_bit
What prevents someone who buys the video and downloads it from changing the file name and re uploading it elsewhere to share/sell?

Maybe I missed that part but if you somehow make the file itself traceable, that's pretty cool.

If that's what you do does it remain traceable if the file format is converted?

TechNerds... we have many silly questions.
:lol:

mired said:
While I wholeheartedly agree it is the model's choice as to where to host her files and whether or not it should be a paid or free solution there are some things to consider. In this scenario the model is a business, and the person buying her videos is a customer. Would you buy videos from a business who made you jump through hoops to download the content you paid for? We are trying to strike a balance with our solution, and in doing so we had a few primary design goals:

• *Fast* link generation for models - We wanted models to be able to generate a link or code that contained a few specific videos being purchased as quickly as possible so she can do it while still camming and not seem distracted to the rest of the room.
  • Super-easy redemption - We wanted the model's customers to have the most pain-free experience possible when attempting to download the content they paid for. No one is forced to create an account, speeds are never downgraded, and we never ask a model's customer to pay us anything... ever.
  • Security - We wanted models to be able to use our service to distribute their content with zero fears of link-sharing or account sharing.
  • Designed for this specific purpose - We designed this site to do exactly what you are all trying to do. Model sells file, customer downloads file, everyone is happy. We designed this site for this content, and as such no one is violating any terms of service by selling this type of content through our site... it's what we built it for.

So while no model should ever be *forced* to pay a hosting site, it is a good business practice to make sure your customers have the smoothest possible experience when purchasing content from you. We are free right now, and we will continue to be free until such a time that we feel our service is good enough for us to charge *our* customers because we want them to have the best possible experience as well. Eventually though, we will have to charge. Bandwidth and storage are not free for anyone, even us.
I understand what you are trying to do, and from what i've seen in this thread, you are doing a good job in which models are happy with. Being able to upload their content once but to be able to send an unique code rather than a standard link is great and makes it a lot easier for the model. I really hope your site takes off, it does sound rather good.
And while it is good business practise for a model to help in making the downloading easier, my point was that one particular member didn't want to wait 30mins for a video and had trouble with the captcha (can't say i've often had trouble with captcha's) and thought that a model should pay for a file host. Members are going to have different views and models can't change for just one member.

"Would you buy videos from a business who made you jump through hoops to download the content you paid for?" Well that's a little different, most places you pay for downloadable content, you pay the site you're actually downloading off. But really, is asking if a member wants to upgrade and having to enter a captcha really that much of hoop jumping? It's not like they are asking for your details, to fill out a 100 questions and then play Where Wally before you can download something. I suppose at the end of the day, it comes down to preference. I don't mind waiting 30 mins or filling out a captcha but others would prefer just a link to click, that's why we have both available :)

Paulie Walnuts said:
What prevents someone who buys the video and downloads it from changing the file name and re uploading it elsewhere to share/sell?

Maybe I missed that part but if you somehow make the file itself traceable, that's pretty cool.

My understanding is that all this does is give the members a link that will only work for that member.

Most of those who share the file are lazy. All they want to do is forward the email I sent them to their friends. This is evidenced by, about 3 months after a model uploads any password protected video, or shortly after they take any video down, they get at least a few emails saying the password and/or link didn't work and could they please resend. Half the time, these are people who never even paid for the video- they just got the link and password from a forum or a friend.

Paulie Walnuts said:

The reality is that there is no way to prevent this scenario. Uploading a video to a sharing site is a lot harder than sharing a link though. If we can stop link sharing it will eliminate the vast majority of piracy that takes place. The good news is that most video sharing sites respond to takedown notices quickly.

I'm not too concerned about business models for hosting and downloading.

I all know is that I always cringe when the mfc mail for the video links I just bought comes in and the link is on mediafire. Especially if it is one of those 300 tokens for all my 20 of my video deals I know I am for a slow and frustrating experience downloading the videos. Correct me if I am wrong but most models aren't paying to upload their videos to mediafire?

In contrast I have also purchased videoes who have paid for hosting on other sites. The downloading experience was painless and fast.

It sounds like mired is providing a new service to models, eventually he will charge for the service. While I am sure many models will continue to use mediafire, I can say that making downloading fast and easy for their members is probably money well spent.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Correct me if I am wrong but most models aren't paying to upload their videos to mediafire?

Whether the model does or doesn't use the paid membership does not change how your download from mediafire goes. What a model pays for when she buys the mediafire membership is the ability to upload more and bigger files, the ability to track how many people have downloaded a file, and the ability to password protect the file through mediafire. I believe she also pays for the guarantee that her file will not be taken down unless they discover that it does indeed have adult content in it, but I could be wrong. However, what the download page looks like is not what a model who pays for mediafire is paying for.

(If you had to enter a password before you could download the video, and I don't mean a captchya, then the model does indeed pay mediafire.)

Thanks that cleared it up LadyLuna. I knew that mediafire was in the business of convincing downloaders to pay for upgrades but I was unclear what benefits models got paying money.

I didn't know that even if you paid money for hosting that they would remove it if it was adult material. Geez is there anything on mediafire that isn't adult :)

Anyway it doesn't make sense for me to pay for mediafire upgrade cause while many models do not all of them do.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Thanks that cleared it up LadyLuna. I knew that mediafire was in the business of convincing downloaders to pay for upgrades but I was unclear what benefits models got paying money.

They're not in the business of convincing downloaders to pay... which is precisely what she, and I, have said. Mediafire has a different business model. It's things like Rapidshare and those types of file sharing hosts that try to convince the downloaders to pay ;)

I tried using this.
I tried uploading my file, it was a fairly big file but under the maximum filesize, it took almost two hours, and then at the end it said "upload failed". 2 hours that I stayed up to wait for it to finish for nothing. I don't really understand how I could upload anything if it's just going to fail at the very end once it's finished uploading? There's very little information on the site. I wouldn't be able to do much on my computer while it's going on, for example I couldn't cam. I had a skype chat with a friend for a bit and the video quality turned into the worst webcam ever.

Isabella_deL said:
I tried using this.
I tried uploading my file, it was a fairly big file but under the maximum filesize, it took almost two hours, and then at the end it said "upload failed". 2 hours that I stayed up to wait for it to finish for nothing. I don't really understand how I could upload anything if it's just going to fail at the very end once it's finished uploading? There's very little information on the site. I wouldn't be able to do much on my computer while it's going on, for example I couldn't cam. I had a skype chat with a friend for a bit and the video quality turned into the worst webcam ever.

I apologize for your issues. What browser were you using, and how big was the file? I want to track down the issue for you as quickly as possible. We've ha dozens of files uploaded without issue so if there is something specific to your configuration I'd like to figure out what it is and fix it. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

HiGirlsRHot said:
I all know is that I always cringe when the mfc mail for the video links I just bought comes in and the link is on mediafire. Especially if it is one of those 300 tokens for all my 20 of my video deals I know I am for a slow and frustrating experience downloading the videos. Correct me if I am wrong but most models aren't paying to upload their videos to mediafire?

I pay $9/month for MediaFire. If you use their free option, you are very limited as far as how much video storage space you get, and the number of times you get to share them (you don't get long term storage).

Larger video files are going to take longer to download. I see guys asking models "Are your videos HD?" Well yeah, I record them using an HD webcam and using the highest/best setting on the Logitech webcam software. But when I go to edit and save them using Windows Live Movie Maker, if I were to choose the 'For high-definition display' option, it would become 1920x1080 pixels with an estimated file size of 173.03 MB per minute of video. So imagine if that had been a 10 minute video. That file would be HUGE and would definitely take a while to download.

So instead, on Windows Live Movie Maker I always choose the setting right below that option (854x480 pixels ~ 40.71 MB per minute of video), or the setting below that (720x480 pixels ~ 21.39 MB per minute of video). If I were to choose the setting below that (426x240 pixels ~ 11.07 MB per minute of video), guys would just complain that the video is tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.