AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Site to send your videos to the members who buy them

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, models would be better off with the $10/month Dropbox subscription.

100GB storage and much, much easier file sharing. Just whack in the member's email address in the share popup, and you're done. Super, super easy, and a nice clean interface for managing your files.

Reactions: Kradek
skiphop90 said:

100GB storage and much, much easier file sharing. Just whack in the member's email address in the share popup, and you're done. Super, super easy, and a nice clean interface for managing your files.

My problem with this is that dropboxx stores the files on your computer. I keep thinking that someone somewhere is going to find a way to use that link to hack into my computer... before you wonder why I'd think that, I tend to make friends with hackers more easily, since I am a geek.

Ok I see, you're preventing link sharing and not file sharing.
I can see where that would make a dent in the losses. Good idea!

About the failed upload thing, a long long time ago back in the fog of internet time, Rapidshare usedto have an account manager to go with their site, and the old file manager prog. had a nifty feature on it that when you put in a list of files to upload, you could walk away from it and if an upload failed, it would automatically try to reup the file until it got it.

They took that feature a way a long time ago, but it was nice. Perhaps in the future you could develop a file manager program for the Models that is like rapidshare's old file manager/bulk loader they could use without even having to use the website interface.

The prog was much like Ebay's Turbo-lister.

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
My problem with this is that dropboxx stores the files on your computer. I keep thinking that someone somewhere is going to find a way to use that link to hack into my computer... before you wonder why I'd think that, I tend to make friends with hackers more easily, since I am a geek.
You can specify which folders are synced.

LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

It doesn't have to use your local system. Simply don't install the desktop software and solely use the online interface.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kradek
ah, when I first looked into it, that wasn't possible.

mired said:
By botch job I don't mean ugly, I mean all I can go onto are two pages, both very simple, the first page, and the sign up page, no terms and conditions, no contact details etc.

I certainly understand the page doesn't look as good as it should right now. Believe me, I've been nagging my designer about it, but he basically said he wants to wait until we get more feedback from all of you before he makes any major changes. Like I said, what was important to us at the time was to get it to work as well as possible, and we think we have. I totally agree on the terms, contact, etc. I will be working on that tonight when I get home from my regular job. I intend to have it all up there before I go to bed. I truly appreciate all the suggestions and feedback. Like I said, we want to make this site feel like it was made for you, and that you all had input in making it what it is.

Not sure I like the idea of the ticket bundles. At the moment I use mediafire's free option. I would only pay if I were going to get more file upload space. Do you have a limit to your file sizes? What payment would you be taking? Would this be something that actually would work with paypal, or would they still class it as "adult"?

We thought the ticket bundles were more fair than doing a monthly fee. The way we looked at it, when you charge a flat monthly fee than you wind up with a lot of people who are paying for more than they need, and a few people who are paying less than they should. By doing it this way people will pay for what they actually use. Also, having one less recurring payment come out of your bank account or credit card is always a good thing. As far as Paypal goes, we don't want to risk it. If they decide on a whim two months after we launch that our site is against their ToS because it involves adult content then they can freeze our funds completely. We are planning on using Netbilling for our credit card processing services when we do go live. I've already been in touch with a rep there, but put the discussion on hold when we decided to go free for the beta. Netbilling is a trusted payment processor that allows adult content. In fact, I believe MFC offers them as one of their options.

We will be limiting file sizes to 1GB during the beta. That may change when we go live, but if it does change it will be an increase and not a decrease. We initially limited people to 10 files at once in storage, but I upped it to 20 this afternoon. So technically, you're getting 20 gigs of storage, which is really quite good.

Is it possible to do a "site tour" type of thing? So that we can see what the download/upload pages look like. I could potentially be interested, at least in trying it out. Is the site already running or does it still have a lot more work needed?

Well, we were really hoping people would give it a shot during the beta. By trying it during the beta you get the opportunity to use the site while we are doing a very rapid update cycle. This means you will have real input into how the site will work when we do launch. We want this. We want you all to have your say in what would make your lives easiest. The site is 100% functional (meaning you can do all the things I've advertised above, we want it to do more before launch) right now, and if you sign up you can use it right away.

Secondly, we will be having a free trial after launch. Basically, we will be monitoring ticket usage during the beta while it's all free, and come up with a number that amounts to the number of tickets a model uses in one month on average. We will give every model who signs up when we go live that many tickets for free off the bat. They only pay when they run out.

Lastly, I've discussed a few things with the team, and we've decided that we want to extend an offer to the models of this forum, and this forum alone. We will not be doing this anywhere else. So far the input I've gotten here has been really helpful in planning our development, and I am hoping to get more such feedback in the future. We've decided that we will be posting a link tonight in this thread. Anyone who signs up using that link will be guaranteed a 100% free account until July 1st, 2013. We hope to be live shortly after the new year so it's basically 6 months free. Our operating expenses are low enough right now that we can afford to do this, and we feel once people start using it word of mouth will bring us additional business anyway so it's a win-win for everyone. We will be monitoring our storage usage, and when we reach a certain point we will likely have to take the link down, but it's still a great deal for anyone who sees this thread.

I signed up before I saw this offer, can I still get in on that? Thanks! (please pm me)

HiGirlsRHot said:
I'm not too concerned about business models for hosting and downloading.

I all know is that I always cringe when the mfc mail for the video links I just bought comes in and the link is on mediafire. Especially if it is one of those 300 tokens for all my 20 of my video deals I know I am for a slow and frustrating experience downloading the videos. Correct me if I am wrong but most models aren't paying to upload their videos to mediafire?

In contrast I have also purchased videoes who have paid for hosting on other sites. The downloading experience was painless and fast.

It sounds like mired is providing a new service to models, eventually he will charge for the service. While I am sure many models will continue to use mediafire, I can say that making downloading fast and easy for their members is probably money well spent.

I'm paying for mediafire. It didnt affect how long your download takes, it simply changed how MUCH i could put on there.

I think the probelms you're having is with girls actual file sizes on mediafire? My videos that I compress and put in MP4 take seconds to minutes to download through mediafire. Raw WMV's or MOV's however are much much larger.. and take forever.

Anytime you compress however, you loose quality... so .. when guys constantly ask for HD.. thats part of it. unfortunately.

skiphop90 said:
LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

It doesn't have to use your local system. Simply don't install the desktop software and solely use the online interface.

The reason I don't use that is because I have to take the extra step to get the members personal email. Some guys are cagey about giving it out. Often I'm doing quickie promotions "Next 10 tippers get a video! GO!" and need to be able to send the videos as RAPIDLY as possible... dropbox does not let you do this. My 2 c

Reactions: 1 person
Miss_Lollipop said:
skiphop90 said:
LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

The reason I don't use that is because I have to take the extra step to get the members personal email. Some guys are cagey about giving it out. Often I'm doing quickie promotions "Next 10 tippers get a video! GO!" and need to be able to send the videos as RAPIDLY as possible... dropbox does not let you do this. My 2 c

In case you haven't checked out our solution yet, it does *exactly* what you are talking about :)

mired said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
skiphop90 said:
LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

In case you haven't checked out our solution yet, it does *exactly* what you are talking about :)

I honestly haven't had anytime to read it yet - I use mediafire links also for my membership club. I post a link and password on the password protected area, and anybody with the passoword to the club can download the videos at their leisure. Would it work this way too? (sorry i know im being super annoying instead of reading.. im running late!)

I got my "activate account" link via, email. Seems I can't log in now and you guys dont have a "I forgot my password" link. Halp?

Update: just now tried to go through the process again with a new username, same issue.
Please fix your service camredeem, it looks like such a good idea!

Jessi said:
I got my "activate account" link via, email. Seems I can't log in now and you guys dont have a "I forgot my password" link. Halp?

Update: just now tried to go through the process again with a new username, same issue.
Please fix your service camredeem, it looks like such a good idea!

What is the account name you created?

Miss_Lollipop said:
skiphop90 said:
LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

Or you could just copy the share link and PM it. You don't need to get their email address, necessarily.

skiphop90 said:
Or you could just copy the share link and PM it. You don't need to get their email address, necessarily.
And then a user could cut and paste that link into the chat window and everyone could download the video. Something that this service is trying to thwart by using a redeem code tied to the person who uses it by IP.

CallMeWilliam said:
skiphop90 said:
And then a user could cut and paste that link into the chat window and everyone could download the video. Something that this service is trying to thwart by using a redeem code tied to the person who uses it by IP.

You mean like a user could cut and paste the link and password from a Mediafire link? The service offered in this thread is definitely worth looking into, I'm just clearing up the facts over Dropbox.

skiphop90 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
skiphop90 said:
LadyLuna said:
skiphop90 said:

I work streamate. I know they allow mediafire links, not sure about dropboxx links.

and emails are really fucking hard to give out
(ready?
eve_matteo
at
othay-ailmay)

Reactions: 1 person
Miss_Lollipop said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
I'm not too concerned about business models for hosting and downloading.

I all know is that I always cringe when the mfc mail for the video links I just bought comes in and the link is on mediafire. Especially if it is one of those 300 tokens for all my 20 of my video deals I know I am for a slow and frustrating experience downloading the videos. Correct me if I am wrong but most models aren't paying to upload their videos to mediafire?

In contrast I have also purchased videoes who have paid for hosting on other sites. The downloading experience was painless and fast.

It sounds like mired is providing a new service to models, eventually he will charge for the service. While I am sure many models will continue to use mediafire, I can say that making downloading fast and easy for their members is probably money well spent.

I'm paying for mediafire. It didnt affect how long your download takes, it simply changed how MUCH i could put on there.

I think the probelms you're having is with girls actual file sizes on mediafire? My videos that I compress and put in MP4 take seconds to minutes to download through mediafire. Raw WMV's or MOV's however are much much larger.. and take forever.

Anytime you compress however, you loose quality... so .. when guys constantly ask for HD.. thats part of it. unfortunately.

While it is true you lose some quality, the nice thing about the .mp4 codec is that there isn't a huge loss of quality, overall. And the file sizes are much smaller than the raw formats.

We will be taking the site offline tomorrow around noon (EST) to perform maintenance. We are hoping to address a few issues.

- There is an issue where some customers buying codes from models are creating model accounts and redeeming codes. This prevents access to the files they bought as we never intended for models to redeem codes. To fix this we will be adding additional language to the top of the model registration form to prevent confusion when creating an account. Additionally we will make it impossible to redeem a code as a model. These two changes will resolve the issue permanently.

- We are seeing performance issues with our database which is hosted on the same server as our website. We believe this is causing login and file upload issues for a select group of models. Jessi - this should resolve your issue you have been having. We will be migrating our database to a dedicated host separate from our web host.

During the maintenance period the site will be reduced to a splash page, and all services will be unavailable. We hope to have these changes implemented in less than one hour from when we start.

I will post in this thread at the start and the end of the maintenance window.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Jessi
This website is a great idea considering my mediafire keeps blocking my videos (I pay for mediafire)
I tried to sign up but after clicking the link in the verification email, I get an error code & don't get any further. I am now a bit dubious but will keep an eye on this thread & would be interested in using this site after I see others being satisfied with it for a period of time!

Edited to say: oops, I didn't see the previous post about maintainence.

I have 1 question, how does your site stand on videos with music in the background? The latest copyright issues file sharing sites have recently means most of my vids are flagged up and un-shareable.

I totally signed up for this since it seemed pretty straight forward and I've been looking for something other than mediafire. So, thanks!

I know you said that you weren't thinking about payment processors right now, but I'm just letting you know that I can't use any processor other than CCbill. Epoch, Netbilling, VXSbill, Zombaio have all denied me multiple times, on multiple sites (I'm a perv). Sooo.. that's all.

I just signed up . Not minding the looks , personally, i don't think it's very important.
just a heads up : the site doesn't recognize gmail :) i signed up with a hotmail since it was telling me "fatal error ermergerd what is this email adress i don't kow omg." .

Reactions: LadyLuna
FrenchKitty said:
I just signed up . Not minding the looks , personally, i don't think it's very important.
just a heads up : the site doesn't recognize gmail :) i signed up with a hotmail since it was telling me "fatal error ermergerd what is this email adress i don't kow omg." .

Could you PM me the address you tried to use? I suspect it's an issue with the specific address because I tested it extensively almost exclusively with gmail. It's probably our code that validates e-mail addresses.

mired said:
FrenchKitty said:

Could you PM me the address you tried to use? I suspect it's an issue with the specific address because I tested it extensively almost exclusively with gmail. It's probably our code that validates e-mail addresses.
It's ok I have used another address, but now i have a new problem: the file won't upload. Ever. I left one to upload, for 5 hours (yes, that's how long it took, and it's 0.8G, so you said it works for you before) and when the file finally reached 100%, i was asked to log in again, I'd been booted out, and when i logged in the screen said "file uploaded: 0" and I shot myself. Not really but you know.

FrenchKitty said:
mired said:
FrenchKitty said:

It's ok I have used another address, but now i have a new problem: the file won't upload. Ever. I left one to upload, for 5 hours (yes, that's how long it took, and it's 0.8G, so you said it works for you before) and when the file finally reached 100%, i was asked to log in again, I'd been booted out, and when i logged in the screen said "file uploaded: 0" and I shot myself. Not really but you know.

I bet I know what happened. Your session probably timed out because it took so long to upload. The good news is I can probably recover it for you so you won't have to upload it again. Can you PM me your username on the site?

Reactions: FrenchKitty
mired said:
FrenchKitty said:
mired said:
FrenchKitty said:

I bet I know what happened. Your session probably timed out because it took so long to upload. The good news is I can probably recover it for you so you won't have to upload it again. Can you PM me your username on the site?
YAY! thanks so much i'll PM you!

Status
Not open for further replies.