AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Site to send your videos to the members who buy them

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement

We have finished a patch for the website that we will deploy at 10AM EST tomorrow (Tues Feb 12). This update fixes a number of outstanding issues, and in the process of doing so we found some additional issues we were unaware of. We were able to fix those as well. There may be some brief downtime (~30 minutes) while we apply the updates.

Bugs fixed in this patch:
  • Models were getting an error when deleting a file.
  • Users were unable to create accounts properly during the redeem code process
  • Users were mistakenly signing up as models and redeeming codes. This caused their redemption to go through, but the resulting page did not provide them access to the content in that code.

Bugs still outstanding:
  • Some models are unable to upload files at certain times. We believe this may be an issue with our file upload script (which is third-party). This is currently our #1 priority, and we are actively looking into a fix or replacement.

We will also be doing another minor patch within the next couple days to add a much-needed feature. During the design process we somehow forgot to include a "I forgot my password" link. This will be added at that time. Additionally we are still working on our first major feature update. This will include a bunch of new functionality and polish to the site. As everyone is aware we are still in beta, and not yet charging anyone. We were hoping to leave beta at the beginning of January, but we've decided to postpone the official launch (and as such, charging for our services) until we've done quite a bit more polishing on the website. As promised, everyone who signed up using the promo code in this thread will have a 100% free account until July 1st regardless of our official launch.

A few fun stats:
  • We currently have 355 registered users & models
  • We are storing over 100GB of model content
  • We are storing 376 model files
  • Over 3500 codes have been generated
  • We've had a total of about 12,000 file downloads
  • We have transferred over 3TB of data to users

Model registration has ramped up recently, and over half of the above numbers were generated in the last 30 days.

Lastly, I wanted to personally thank every one of you for your patience with the bugs and frustrations you may have encountered thus far. Tomorrow's patch is the first of many frequent bugfixes as we work up to our first major feature patch and eventual launch.

RebeccaT said:
Still no email (it's been 14 hours) so still cannot complete sign up

I will test this tomorrow. Can you pm me your account name? I can activate it manually.

mired said:
Kradek said:
Your password bug is still there also.

Which bug is this? We have not yet pushes the changes.
From the previous page;
Code:
    if (document.getElementById('password').value.length < 7) {
      showError("Password must be at least 6 characters long.");
      return;
    }
I believe you have this in two places. Either you should say password must be 7 characters or you should change the check to less than 6.

Reactions: mired
We have pushed the update to the site. If anyone experiences any issues please let me know via this thread. When we make a large number of changes to the code like this there is a risk of introducing new issues.

Kradek said:
mired said:
Kradek said:
Your password bug is still there also.

Which bug is this? We have not yet pushes the changes.
From the previous page;
Code:
    if (document.getElementById('password').value.length < 7) {
      showError("Password must be at least 6 characters long.");
      return;
    }
I believe you have this in two places. Either you should say password must be 7 characters or you should change the check to less than 6.

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to give the guy who wrote it a hard time :p. We'll fix it tomorrow when we add the reset password feature.

Reactions: Kradek
Thanks so much for the help before and quick answers. Im in the process of uploading what I have now and they are going smoothly. I will then be deleting mediafire totally as even through emails they are getting terrible with their content. Plus with members here saying they get terrible pop ups and it being such a pain.. I in no way want that. I would much rather support a site who has no issues with adult content as well. Thank you !! Expect a PM shortly to ask for more space. :)

Also just a question of how much will be charged per redemption code made? As I said i have no problem supporting someone who supports us, but I am curious. Also will it be by each video or if we use the new checkbox feature coming soon to send multiple ones at a time will that be at a discounted rate or such?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Teagan_Chase said:
Thanks so much for the help before and quick answers. Im in the process of uploading what I have now and they are going smoothly. I will then be deleting mediafire totally as even through emails they are getting terrible with their content. Plus with members here saying they get terrible pop ups and it being such a pain.. I in no way want that. I would much rather support a site who has no issues with adult content as well. Thank you !! Expect a PM shortly to ask for more space. :)

Also just a question of how much will be charged per redemption code made? As I said i have no problem supporting someone who supports us, but I am curious. Also will it be by each video or if we use the new checkbox feature coming soon to send multiple ones at a time will that be at a discounted rate or such?

We are considering alternatives now. At present our thought is to have an unlimited plan at a fixed monthly recurring cost (our intention is to be cheaper than the other file services out there) as well as a pay as you go plan that charges based on usage as we discussed. This will allow new models who don't sell a lot of videos or models who make most of their money from live shows rather than video sales to stretch a single payment over 2 or 3 months while preventing models who make most of their money from selling videos from getting penalized and overcharged as a result of their usage. We have not yet finalized all the details as we are looking to find a model that "fits" everyone without overcharging anyone. Our original plan was to charge a "ticket" for each video sold not each code generated. We may still go with this model because models who sell so many videos that this would impact them negatively would probably be better off on an unlimited plan.

Lastly, you can already send multiple videos in one code. The new checkbox feature will be for making it easier to clean up unredeemed codes that are sitting around unused.

mired said:
Teagan_Chase said:

We are considering alternatives now. At present our thought is to have an unlimited plan at a fixed monthly recurring cost (our intention is to be cheaper than the other file services out there) as well as a pay as you go plan that charges based on usage as we discussed. This will allow new models who don't sell a lot of videos or models who make most of their money from live shows rather than video sales to stretch a single payment over 2 or 3 months while preventing models who make most of their money from selling videos from getting penalized and overcharged as a result of their usage. We have not yet finalized all the details as we are looking to find a model that "fits" everyone without overcharging anyone. Our original plan was to charge a "ticket" for each video sold not each code generated. We may still go with this model because models who sell so many videos that this would impact them negatively would probably be better off on an unlimited plan.

Lastly, you can already send multiple videos in one code. The new checkbox feature will be for making it easier to clean up unredeemed codes that are sitting around unused.

I am not a model, obviously, but I think having the two systems might be a benefit to your site. It's something I had thought about for if I ever had the money to start a pr0n site. :p

Basic idea would have been a choice between paying X dollars per video if you only wanted one or two videos (say of a specific performer) but did not want to pay a monthly charge because you weren't interested in other videos. And the other option being a Y dollar per month charge for unlimited access to the all videos on the site. Let's face it, there have been plenty of times many of us know of a specific performer across multiple sites, but don't want to spend $30+ a month on each one just to get her videos. (This obviously has become more moot with tube sites springing up every other second.)

The idea of having it be either pay as you go (tickets) or a monthly charge fits the same basic idea.

For the models who have a ton of and sell a ton of videos, the amount of time and money buying tickets might get cumbersome and annoying... And also expensive. Thus, for them, a monthly fee would end up being better.

For models who either don't have a lot of videos to sell, or don't sell videos often, the ticket system would work until they got to a point where they are selling enough that the unlimited plan at a monthly fee would be better.

It's a flexible tier system. As models find they need more tickets than it is feasible for them to buy, they can move up to the monthly plan. For the models who only need to buy tickets every now and then, it never becomes a recurring cost they have to worry about.

I know tiered systems aren't generally looked favorably upon when it comes to the intartubez (more often with ISPs than anything), but this sort of tiered system doesn't discriminate; provided monthly plan payers could cancel and drop down to tickets if their video sales decreased dramatically.

Just my non-business savvy :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LadyLuna and mired
UncleThursday said:
mired said:
Teagan_Chase said:

I am not a model, obviously, but I think having the two systems might be a benefit to your site. It's something I had thought about for if I ever had the money to start a pr0n site. :p

Basic idea would have been a choice between paying X dollars per video if you only wanted one or two videos (say of a specific performer) but did not want to pay a monthly charge because you weren't interested in other videos. And the other option being a Y dollar per month charge for unlimited access to the all videos on the site. Let's face it, there have been plenty of times many of us know of a specific performer across multiple sites, but don't want to spend $30+ a month on each one just to get her videos. (This obviously has become more moot with tube sites springing up every other second.)

The idea of having it be either pay as you go (tickets) or a monthly charge fits the same basic idea.

For the models who have a ton of and sell a ton of videos, the amount of time and money buying tickets might get cumbersome and annoying... And also expensive. Thus, for them, a monthly fee would end up being better.

For models who either don't have a lot of videos to sell, or don't sell videos often, the ticket system would work until they got to a point where they are selling enough that the unlimited plan at a monthly fee would be better.

It's a flexible tier system. As models find they need more tickets than it is feasible for them to buy, they can move up to the monthly plan. For the models who only need to buy tickets every now and then, it never becomes a recurring cost they have to worry about.

I know tiered systems aren't generally looked favorably upon when it comes to the intartubez (more often with ISPs than anything), but this sort of tiered system doesn't discriminate; provided monthly plan payers could cancel and drop down to tickets if their video sales decreased dramatically.

Just my non-business savvy :twocents-02cents:

This is precisely what we were thinking. We don't want to force models who don't use the service that much to have another recurring charge on their card to forget about and wind up overpaying for, and we don't want models who use the site a ton to feel like they are geting nickeled and dimed because they are constantly having to buy more tickets. We think offering more options is always a good thing, and it will prevent anyone from overpaying for anything.

Attention

We are going to be doing some maintenance again tomorrow (2/14) morning at 10AM EST. The update should take no more than 30 minutes, and during that time the site may become unavailable. This update will address some additional bugs that we had logged in our bugtracking system.

Issues Fixed With This Update:
  • Some users were getting an incorrect "Invalid Code" error occasionally. This will no longer happen
  • Logged in users were being redirected to the front page of camredeem.com when clicking the logo in the upper left of the page. This caused confusion because it put the user back at a page with a login box even though they were already logged in with no easy way to return to their normal pages. Now clicking the logo will bring you to your file list.
  • User IPs were getting logged everytime a user logged in even if they were not different. This could have led to users getting their accounts mistakenly disabled for using too many IP addresses (this didn't actually happen to anyone as far as we know). This is no longer possible.
  • Models and Users will no longer get an error when logging in with a different capitalization of their username than the one they used when they signed up. We removed case sensitivity from usernames (it never should have been there in the first place).
  • During the signup process models and users will no longer get an error saying their password needs to be at least 6 characters when it is already 6 characters. This was a bug in the validation process that was mistakenly looking for 7 characters instead of 6. This is fixed.

We will also be pushing another update this weekend that will bring the "Forgotten Password" function to the site. It's almost done, we just need to do some more testing. We've also begun testing a new file upload script internally that should resolve the issues some models are having when uploading files. We hope to implement this on the live site this weekend as well, but we're not going to do it until we have tested it extensively, and are certain it won't cause more problems.

Again, please let us know if you have any other issues either via this thread, Twitter @camredeem or by emailing us at camredeem@gmail.com.

mired said:
This is precisely what we were thinking. We don't want to force models who don't use the service that much to have another recurring charge on their card to forget about and wind up overpaying for, and we don't want models who use the site a ton to feel like they are geting nickeled and dimed because they are constantly having to buy more tickets. We think offering more options is always a good thing, and it will prevent anyone from overpaying for anything.

:D See? I do know some things. Me am smart.

Also, while having enough options is good, too many options is bad. I would assume you're taking feedback on ticket packages from models and looking for a good consensus on prices and amount of tickets for each package. But offering too many packages might cause confusion and/or the inability to make decisions (there are actually studies that show this is very true). Trying to find that happy medium might be hard, but in the end, having just the right amount of options for ticket packages and then a monthly charge will work out for you.

Also, I have used the service to get 1 video, from Luna for the promo I am working on (yes, it is still coming! I am going to force my friend and his GF to do their videos this week!). While the process was mostly painless at the time, I think it made me log in a few times. This issue may have been fixed, as it was a few months back. But, if it hasn't, I figured here might be a good place to let you know.

FYI we broke a bunch of stuff this morning with that patch. For a while models with capitals in their names were unable to login. We fixed that, but had another bug reported that a model logged in and all her files were gone. We did fix this issue however we had to make some pretty massive changes to our database (after a backup). I am just posting this to let everyone know that there's a slight possibility some new issues may popup. Please let us know as soon as you can if you find something that is not right.

Anna_Swallows said:
I think in the midst of the "updates", files were deleted. Mine are gone and so is another models. Not a happy camper right now.

There was a problem, but the files were never deleted they just got "lost" but we fixed it. If you logout and log back in they should be there again.

Reactions: Anna_Swallows
Just an FYI. We've gone ahead and added the Forgotten Password link under the login pages. It doesn't impact any other pages so we were comfortable doing it during peak hours.

I wanted to provide a brief update on the file upload bug status.

We have been actively implementing and testing a new commercial file upload script on our development site. We are 90% of the way there. We hope to update the production site with the new upload file code by the end of the day on Monday.

I just want to give fair warning that we are not 100% sure that this change will fix the upload bug for everyone. In our testing we've yet to have a single upload fail, but the issue is already intermittent on the production site now. It seems to work fine for one person and fail for another. When we do push the update we will need feedback as soon as possible if people are still have problems uploading files.

I will post here again when we do make the change.

I started using camredeem a few weeks ago and for the most part I really like it! It's pretty straightforward, and I especially like that a code can only be redeemed once, preventing people from giving out or selling your video passwords, and that you can generate one code for all of your videos. Right now it won't let me upload thumbnail photos, though. I'm also confused on how the photoset aspect is supposed to work.

I've tested this today and it was very user-friendly. Still unable to upload a thumbnail but I know this will be sorted.

My test customer thinks it's Christmas!

I really hope this site works out.

MollyJayd said:
I started using camredeem a few weeks ago and for the most part I really like it! It's pretty straightforward, and I especially like that a code can only be redeemed once, preventing people from giving out or selling your video passwords, and that you can generate one code for all of your videos. Right now it won't let me upload thumbnail photos, though. I'm also confused on how the photoset aspect is supposed to work.

We noticed the thumbnail thing last night when we were comparing the test version of the site with the new uploaded to the current production version. We're not going to bother trying to fix the production version because we're replacing all the upload code today or tomorrow anyway. This will fix the thumbnail bug.

For photosets you just upload a .zip file with all the photos in it.

Attention:

We have gone ahead and pushed the update with the replacement file upload script. In our testing we have had 100% success with uploading files of all sizes on our dev server (which has a lot less memory, etc than our production one). We encourage everyone who has had trouble uploading files to please try again and provide feedback as to your experience. This update should also fix the thumbnail bug (thumbnails were failing to upload 100% of the time). Please let us know if this does or does not improve things in the cases where you were having trouble before. If the feedback is positive we can move on to developing new features to make the site even better. We had to put all of that on hold to fix all the outstanding issues, but this was the big one (and the one that took the longest).

We appreciate your feedback.

mired said:
Attention:

We have gone ahead and pushed the update with the replacement file upload script. In our testing we have had 100% success with uploading files of all sizes on our dev server (which has a lot less memory, etc than our production one). We encourage everyone who has had trouble uploading files to please try again and provide feedback as to your experience. This update should also fix the thumbnail bug (thumbnails were failing to upload 100% of the time). Please let us know if this does or does not improve things in the cases where you were having trouble before. If the feedback is positive we can move on to developing new features to make the site even better. We had to put all of that on hold to fix all the outstanding issues, but this was the big one (and the one that took the longest).

We appreciate your feedback.

Im re-upping a video right now, Ill post again when its done!

Random observation: Does anyone else have their cursor spaz out between "video" and "picture set" in the dropdown on the file upload page? Doesnt seem fault just odd!

Props to you guys for having camredeem functioning so well for still being beta. :thumbleft:

It happens every time on mine Jessi. The jumping up and down. I just instead hit the Tab then V button and it auto takes it as a video file so i can upload then and not have a jumpy screen.

Teagan_Chase said:
It happens every time on mine Jessi. The jumping up and down. I just instead hit the Tab then V button and it auto takes it as a video file so i can upload then and not have a jumpy screen.

This is odd. There's nothing special about that form input, it's just a standard HTML item. What browser/OS are you guys using?

mired said:
Teagan_Chase said:

This is odd. There's nothing special about that form input, it's just a standard HTML item. What browser/OS are you guys using?

Chrome, like many MFC models (our browser only 'officially' works in chrome).

Video upload issue seems to be working now btw!!

Jessi said:
mired said:
Teagan_Chase said:

Chrome, like many MFC models (our browser only 'officially' works in chrome).

Video upload issue seems to be working now btw!!

Good news about the upload bug.

It's odd that you'd have an issues in chrome. It's pretty much the main browser we test against, and I've never seen that issue before. Did you try clearing your caches?

Status
Not open for further replies.