AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype Scheduling Issue: Opinions?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2018
Great Lakes, USA
So, kind of similar to a previous thread I read earlier today (total shit storm) but also different (not total shit storm).

I purchased a discounted (50% off) Skype show via a club package from a top 100 model on MFC and have been unable to successfully schedule said Skype show. Bought the club package back in July, she delivered the other goods (snapchat, videos) promptly and I said, "so we'll find a mutual time for the Skype show" and she said, "yes".

Fast forward a week and I sent her an MFC mail asking what time was good for her. She replied, "no no, you send me some times and Ill let you know what works". I am in no rush here, I bought the package at a discount, its a 30min Skype show for a ridiculously low amount of 1111, however, we agreed upon a time and I MFC mail her a day or two in advance to confirm/provide details for outfit and general idea for the show and she never read it; show time comes and goes.

Whatever, not the end of the world. We reschedule and she gets online at the time of our show, in public, starting her work day. I PM her and ask if were still on for the show and she says, "yes" but we never did the show that day.
Same exact thing is happening right now, we scheduled for today and she shows up online, in public, I PM and ask if we were gonna do the show and she says, "yes". She hasn't accepted me on Skype, though she did promptly provide her username. I forgot to mention above, I felt bad that I got the show so inexpensively so ahead of the second scheduled show(which didn't happen), I tipped offline an additional 500 tokens, which she saw and thanked me for and the note said, "for the show tomorrow, don't want you to think I'm a complete cheapskate."
My feeling is that we won't do the show today, just like last time (she's not going to interrupt her stream to do a Skype and will be exhausted when she logs off) and I don't mind so much (no rush, huge discount, top model, etc.) but I do want to know that we'll do it and that the next time we schedule will actually be showtime. I even told her we don't have to do it as I got such a steep discount but she said she wanted to do the show still and we scheduled for today. Now, of course, after the additional tip, that isn't an option.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions are very welcome.

You paid for it back in July, and still haven’t gotten your show??? WOW. I’m sorry.

I think, as a member, I’d prefer to just take the model private directly on the cam site (to prevent the possibility of this ‘Tip for Skype...trust that she’ll do the show soon’ stuff happening)...even if it costs more. Or stick to only paying for Skype shows with MFC models you actually know/trust to keep their word.

Ugh, that’s really shitty that, after a couple months, you still didn’t get a show that was promised to you.

If true you must be the most patient and forgiving person on this planet. Hard to give you any advice, because likewise I have the feeling you'll never get that show. Try to contact myfreecams support about it but possible that they'll say that you waited too long. Learn from it, good luck.

Edit: also if it was on offer like that, don't feel bad for taking that offer. In my world 1,611 tokens is a lot of money, money you worked for.

Ugh, rough. I’m apprehensive to comment much after that last tire fire of a thread but I’d say, in the future don’t tip more on top of the original price if she isn’t upholding her end of the deal.

Definitely appreciate the input here, I think part of the reason I've been so patient is not wanting to spoil the show (if it were ever to happen) and also because of the discount.
Far and away though, the most frustrating part of it, is having scheduled the show 3 different times now, had the times confirmed, and still not had the show. I think perhaps I'll attempt a reschedule one more time and if it doesn't happen I'll just report the model to MFC and let that be that. It really isn't about the tokens (though, as @dark_mermaid stated 1611 isn't peanuts), its about the principle, especially after giving the out of not even having to do the show. Why be offered to cancel the show, say no lets do it, schedule it, and thennnnnn just not do it?
I couldn't agree with you more @Gen about not tipping on top of the original amount. If there is any recourse that MFC could provide it would be a refund of those tokens but I highly doubt they will do so. Especially since our communication has been spread out over months and is a mix of MFC mail and PM, so I would have to dig it all up and compile it.

I appreciate the input and will update with any new unravellings. That last thread was indeed a tire fire, this is not anything like that, all very cordial, I am just a bit bewildered.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
You paid for it back in July, and still haven’t gotten your show??? WOW. I’m sorry.

I think, as a member, I’d prefer to just take the model private directly on the cam site (to prevent the possibility of this ‘Tip for Skype...trust that she’ll do the show soon’ stuff happening)...even if it costs more. Or stick to only paying for Skype shows with MFC models you actually know/trust to keep their word.

Ugh, that’s really shitty that, after a couple months, you still didn’t get a show that was promised to you.
I agree entirely and this is an exact description of my normal behavior but willy brain got a look at that deal and wanted to jump all over it lol.

• Sorry to hear that.
  • Funny!
Reactions: AudriTwo and Osyrus
Are you allowed to sell skype shows on mfc? Can you contact support? Do you want to continue your relationship with the cam model?

I would be pretty annoyed with someone at this point and probably mention that they were noworking wasting my time, and it's a pretty crummy thing to do.

I know models dislike time wasters... why is it ok when it's the opposite? I feel like it's a bad business move. Rescheduling oncell maybe twice... but then you say she's on her public stream at your time to meet? I'd probably be a jerk and log in and comment something in her show

I'd probably be a jerk and log in and comment something in her show
Exactly what I want to avoid lol. She has been responsive and assured me we'll get it sorted, either by finally doing the show or making a custom vid. As I mentioned before, the not knowing is what I find most frustrating.
As for your other questions, selling skype shows for tokens on MFC is quite commonplace. I don't really have much of a relationship to continue with the model as this has been a relatively one off interaction; I'm not a regular in her room.
I completely agree that it shouldn't be ok for models to waste a member's time and it definitely reflects poorly as a business move. Unless I'm truly blown away by the skype or custom vid, I don't think I'll be sending many tokens her way in the future.

Exactly what I want to avoid lol. She has been responsive and assured me we'll get it sorted, either by finally doing the show or making a custom vid. As I mentioned before, the not knowing is what I find most frustrating.
As for your other questions, selling skype shows for tokens on MFC is quite commonplace. I don't really have much of a relationship to continue with the model as this has been a relatively one off interaction; I'm not a regular in her room.
I completely agree that it shouldn't be ok for models to waste a member's time and it definitely reflects poorly as a business move. Unless I'm truly blown away by the skype or custom vid, I don't think I'll be sending many tokens her way in the future.

Look you need to decide if you want your money back or remain in limbo. She can be responsive if all she has to do is blow smoke and keep you going another month or two. What you need to do is make sure you have screenshots of when she confirms she owes you something that way you can request a refund (if still even possible). The problem with trading for custom video is you have no idea if those video equal the value you paid for the skype session.

In the future ANYTIME you pay for something on a site you should have screencap of the transactions. The site know what these models are up to and have no problem doing what it takes to keep a PAYING member as long as you bring proof of wrongdoing.

• Helpful!
Reactions: oowapp and Gen
Not that this solves your issues. But, these exact reasons are why I don't do Skype shows with models. Especially with those I don't interact with.

If you've already struck out on three attempts to schedule/reschedule. Take your screen shots and PM's/messages to MFC support and report her. It's been more than a reasonable amount of time, and she's stringing you along. Yeah, 1111 is a good amount of change. But, given all the time and effort you've put into this, that would've made for a very nice 15min TruePrivate you could have enjoyed with her (and it's also reviewable by you).

• Helpful!
Reactions: oowapp
that would've made for a very nice 15min TruePrivate you could have enjoyed with her (and it's also reviewable by you).
Yea except her pretip is 1000. Normally I do stick to privates and skype with models I know and trust. Just a bad decision this time around. Probably right about taking the screenshots and reporting her. Thanks for the advice :)

Yea except her pretip is 1000. Normally I do stick to privates and skype with models I know and trust. Just a bad decision this time around. Probably right about taking the screenshots and reporting her. Thanks for the advice :)

This model has a pretip of 1K tokens? wow. Not the highest I've seen, but it's up there.

Hopefully you get the skype still. Sad to see a top 100 model doing this.

After the final scheduling attempt today (same result as before) I nutted up and decided to report to MFC. Lightning quick response and a refund of the 500 token additional tip. They mentioned not being able to review "Tip Deals" such as the package I purchased and iterated basically what @ForceTen said about taking a model private if you want something specific.
Just figured I'd give ya'll the final update and say I'm glad to be finished with it. Thanks again for the input everyone, I hope this helps someone in the future (though I hope no one finds themselves in this position at all) :)

Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear you got a refund, even though I find the tip deal logic hard to understand given the conversations that you had with her.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear you got a refund, even though I find the tip deal logic hard to understand given the conversations that you had with her.

It's pretty solid logic, somethings the sites still do not have a realistic alternative to. It wasn't odd for models to sell videos this way before MFCshare. There just too many pros to using skype over cam2cam in the current state sites handle them. Maybe one day site will have a more competitive system for these, but right now the difference can be as dramatic as smoke signals vs radio. This is why sites for the most part understand the situational need for these skype tips and will consider them for a refund at all. They understood the need for video purchase tips till they finally developed MFCshare.

The need for skype is due to technical limitation the sites have yet to deal with. They removed flash support before any site had a legitimate solution when it came to handling cam2cam.

Are you allowed to sell skype shows on mfc?

Yep, as long as you're taking tokens as payment and not directing people offsite, you can sell damn near anything on MFC.

I read this as you not understanding why MFC couldn't assess the tip deal and refund a portion of it? I thought that too but its just tough, I got the snapchat and videos, so kinda difficult to decide how much of the initial tip to refund. Also, I have no idea if when they do a refund the model has tokens deducted from her account. If that is the case the model might disagree with the value assessment, etc.

Reactions: Sophiestique
Status
Not open for further replies.