AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype vs Snapchat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luxgray

Cam Model
May 9, 2023
Twitter Username
@luxxxgray
MFC Username
luxgray
Streamate Username
luxgray
Chaturbate Username
Luxgray
Hello! New to the cam world. Currently on MFC. I've had folks ask if I do Skype or Snapchat. Anyone know which one is more secure? Which should I do first? (I'll prob do both at some point.) Also, what's the best way to receive secure payment?

I've had folks ask if I do Skype or Snapchat
If they're asking you while you're on MFC, it means they want to pay in a less secure way, so be wary. It's smartest and simplest to just accept MFC tokens for Skype shows or for access to a private Snapchat (nudity still against TOS there, if they report you you'll be banned), but even better to just offer them a private show on MFC itself.

For a separate content/fan site, Onlyfans is the easiest and most secure, and also doesn't require you to secure your own outside payment. You can also cross promote MFC on Onlyfans and promote your Onlyfans on MFC (owned by same person).

Not directly an answer to your question, but that's my advice.

Thank you Amber!!! What would be the benefit of a member buying a Skype show on MFC vs just asking for a private show on MFC?

Thank you Amber!!! What would be the benefit of a member buying a Skype show on MFC vs just asking for a private show on MFC?
Probably want to negotiate a cheaper per minute rate :)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Skype/snapchat are apps which handles video better than a web browser. Tablets and phones still don't do browser based video chats well and many want to use their tablets and phones so want app based options. Discord/telegram are also growing options for apps people use for shows. Also using apps can mean the model can broadcast off their phone or use their earbuds for audio which can make more intimate experience and options for more locations.

Another reason for asking for apps is it tends to more often ensure the model isn't doing an exclusive session with you on one site as they broadcasting it for free on another.

How you get paid depends on where you get the best cut or what the member is comfortable with. If you do get paid through a site in general the members often get consumer protection through that site. So if you get paid in MFC tokens if something goes wrong the member can complain to MFC support and depending on evidence get a refund. So always be clear what going to happen and for how long if you plan to offer skype.

I did one snap call and won't ever do it again. It was exactly what others have said. They want a cheaper rate and the guy COMPLAINED the whole time. I have a certain vibe/look to my shows. Wanted me to leave my cam room (I have a trippy cave that I cam in) - it was just a headache. Will think about doing them for regulars in the future, but for me is a big fat NO THANK YOU!! I even banned the word skype cause I got tired of people messaging me for that.

Thanks for all the info y'all! Yeah, I feel like I would charge more because Skype wouldn't have the content restrictions....

ALWAYS tokens. They're hoping you won't keep track of time and they'll get more time than they would on a cam site private. They'll say they like it better, it's better quality, it's more intimate, etc. If that's true then it should cost more than a true private.

be careful some will try to scam you if you try to use other payment methods. or try to get a free show/hope they will get longer then they paid for.... I was on MFC many years ago and I would only take payment from the sites I was camming on already.

You get a lump payment for the skype show, then go off line 15 mins. Hello higher cam score. I love that, because I'm using the site less social, and more as a private based site. Which I'm aware it's not, but I've got a lot of private focused long-time customers over there. And I am wanting more, like them. About 50% of them don't want to pay for skype with mfc tokens though, and that's a hard No for me. But a lot of them prefer skype, which tbh I do too sometimes. I don't do snapchat, I get pestered to make one, but no fucking way. Not my thing at all. If they leave me over something that small, then that's fine w me 🤷‍♀️ Their loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.