AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpaigecumm69

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 21, 2013
I'm new to camming and I was wondering what you girls typically charged for skype shows?

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Just check out a couple girls profiles, most that offer them have them listed. :)

It really ranges anywhere from 30-100 tokens a minute. :)

There was actually a point when I was only charging 250 tokens for 10 minutes because everyone kept saying everything from 600 tokens or money equivalent on Amazon, down to that point was waaaay too much.
Fuck 'em. I think I'll stick with 700 tokens for 10 minutes. They're taking away from my MFC time where other people can still watch.

I have mine set up with different levels of skype "dates"
Fully clothed, Topless, and Nude with varying token amounts for each.
Fully clothed is 200tk-10min
Topless is 400tk-10min
Nude is 600tk-10min

I do offer discounts for larger blocks of time, but the discounts only start at thirty minutes and don't really make much of a difference till it hits the timeframe of an hour. I clearly state that you get what you pay for and not to request more time/less clothing if you paid for something else. I also will only schedule skype time during off cam time so it does not interfer with my normally scheduled times and they MUST message me through MFC to schedule first as I cannot guarantee an arbitrary time (I have kids, family, other obligations, etc.)

Reality is, it's up to you, just don't accept paypal. That always turns out badly. Okay not ALWAYS but in most cases.

I charge 40tok per minute or 2$per minute Amazon giftcard.

Also something I've found useful for switching between mfc and Skype. For mfc I use an HD webcam that plugs into the USB. When I want to switch to Skype I just unplug the HD cam instead of leaving mfc. That way the image freezes on mfc. Then I use my integrated webcam for Skype. People are more likely to stay in your room in mfc if there is a frozen picture of you than if it says you're "away". Like ill have 400 people in my room, switch over to Skype for 20 minutes like this, and come back to 350 people still there.

nataliestar32d said:

Also something I've found useful for switching between mfc and Skype. For mfc I use an HD webcam that plugs into the USB. When I want to switch to Skype I just unplug the HD cam instead of leaving mfc. That way the image freezes on mfc. Then I use my integrated webcam for Skype. People are more likely to stay in your room in mfc if there is a frozen picture of you than if it says you're "away". Like ill have 400 people in my room, switch over to Skype for 20 minutes like this, and come back to 350 people still there.

If that works for you, awesome -- but just in case anyone reads this and doesn't know, any time spent broadcasting (including while you're away) will affect your camscore. So if you are trying to maintain or improve your camscore, you'd probably want to log off and log back in when you're done!

GenXoxo said:
nataliestar32d said:

If that works for you, awesome -- but just in case anyone reads this and doesn't know, any time spent broadcasting (including while you're away) will affect your camscore. So if you are trying to maintain or improve your camscore, you'd probably want to log off and log back in when you're done!
What she says! That can do a lot of damage to your camscore not too mention a lot of people will just wander off in another tab, whereas when you log out completely and back in, people will see that little BING *model X has just logged in!* at the top of the homepage and your avatar in yellow.

i actually charge more!! I charge 80 tokens per minute solo and for couple shows i determine what they want and if its a girl I'm splitting it w/ her so i charge more. I actually don't really like Skype- i feel awkward but i will sometimes take them! I never leave MFC unless its dead and I'm not making anything other than that I will schedule a Skype. I would rather take a pvt on mfc and raise my camscore PLUS you have the chance someone will spy and u make more or get a group show going. I feel like guys that want Skype want to get a BETTER deal..

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I am having the hardest time with Skype. Whether or not I really want to do them that is. I am setting some up and will do them to see how it goes, but honestly I feel that it is time being taken away from other things, like being on MFC, or networking, or anything really. I don't want to price myself out of the market and not get any, but I don't want to charge to little.

So many guys ask for Skype though that I feel if I turn them away.

I charge 50 tokens a minute. I don't count it toward countdowns. It really helped out my camscore when I was struggling at lower numbers. Nowadays I think it would probably be more beneficial for me to be in public chat, so I'm considering raising prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.