AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinymartianslut

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 1, 2017
The Moon
Twitter Username
@marsmayhem42
Chaturbate Username
not_your_waifu
I tend to get drowsy a lot. Even if I get enough Zzzs. The issue is, I don't drink soda. Period. (And won't) I drink a lot of black tea, though. And I've started on sugarless coffee (ick) and keep energy snacks nearby, but it's not really doing the trick. I'm not sure what to do. I keep drifting and can't seem to keep focused.

How does everyone stay so bouncy and energetic? Am I just getting old or something?

Reactions: Puffin
I don't know the answer, but I completely feel your pain... (I agree that unexplained fatigue should result in seeing the doctor, but I'm afraid it's not something simple, and my deductible is too high to spend it all chasing down a rabbit hole. And I sure as shit am not going to risk a CFS diagnosis until certain people settle down and stop threatening to undo protections for preexisting conditions.)

Also, I just realized that I doubled the amount of coffee I used to make the pot this morning (it's a mini coffee pot - I don't drink a full sized pot of coffee!). No wonder it tastes weird, but... that sweet, sweet caffeine is going to be nice when it kicks in!

I actually have a list on my desktop of energizing/focus strategies. The benefit is minimal, but sometimes a small boost is enough: get some sunlight; do a 3-5 minute meditation with very slow breathing; 3-4 songs worth of high energy music (after 3-4 songs I get diminishing returns); go for a walk around the block (assuming you can find pants and aren't wearing too much whore makeup); eat something small (doesn't apply to everyone, but I tend to forget to eat, and low blood glucose can reduce focus and willpower); extra caffeine as a last resort.

Would love to hear anyone else's strategies...

go for a walk around the block (assuming you can find pants and aren't wearing too much whore makeup)

#camgirlproblems. Why am I at the grocery store at 3am in sweats and full drag makeup? Mind your business, that's why.

eat something small (doesn't apply to everyone, but I tend to forget to eat, and low blood glucose can reduce focus and willpower)

I want to double this point because I frequently forget to eat. I'll wake up, start doing stuff, and then wonder why my legs are so weak I feel like I'm about to collapse. Oh, it's because I've been awake for 8 hours and haven't consumed a single calorie yet. So I wobble to the kitchen, throw some chicken nuggets on a plate, microwave those suckers, inhale them, and get a stomach ache from eating too fast. Repeat later that day when I realize that my stomach is trying to eat itself because I last ate 6 hours ago and actually need to feed myself more frequently than that.

DON'T BE ME, KIDS! Eat regularly timed meals, for the love of glob! Give yourself the proper nutrients to accomplish your daily activities. Drink enough water. Be active throughout the day. Take any necessary vitamins.

If I'm really struggling to stay awake on cam, usually playing music that I can enthusiastically sing along to will keep me engaged and wake me up. If not, 5-hr energy chased with a caffeine pill and a Mountain Dew while I laugh at the "do not consume with other caffeine products" warning. Again, don't be me. Being me is bad for your health. Stick to music or crank out a couple jumping jacks if you want a pick-me-up.

I'm the same way. I used to drink coffee like it was water and had to stop because it kicked my anxiety into overdrive. I also had hoped my body would readjust and feel more awake with eating better but when it did not, like said above, I forced myself to go see a doctor. Low and behold I found out I'm anemic. But now I take iron supplements that hurt my tummy. Not sure if it was worth the trade off yet.

Disclaimer: don't take iron supplements unless told to by a doctor. It's easy to over dose with it especially if you don't know whether or not you even need it.

I tend to get drowsy a lot. Even if I get enough Zzzs. The issue is, I don't drink soda. Period. (And won't) I drink a lot of black tea, though. And I've started on sugarless coffee (ick) and keep energy snacks nearby, but it's not really doing the trick. I'm not sure what to do. I keep drifting and can't seem to keep focused.

How does everyone stay so bouncy and energetic? Am I just getting old or something?

Yeah I get this sometimes, especially as the ladies above said, if not eating well.

When I'm on cam and start to feel tired, sometimes I'll change the music to something upbeat like a dance party playlist, make myself a cup of black tea (not a fan of coffee either), get off my butt and just start dancing until the end of the song playing :giggle:.

I'll also open my windows for a short while, but haven't ever been brave enough to venture outside after getting ready to cam ...yet :giggle:

Also sometimes I might have a 30min power nap before I get online, and find this usually gives me the extra energy burst I needed :).

I drink up to two cups of tea in the morning now, but it used to not be that way.

One thing that helped me was a B-complex vitamin in the morning. My cam hours are 6-11am so obviously I try to do what I can to be on my game for an early shift.

Another thing it could be is a circulation issue. Are you always cold? If so it's most likely that. Doing cardio can help with this a ton. Don't do it before bed though.

Seconding the healthy diet and adding not to eat too many heavy foods and drink lots of water.

#camgirlproblems. Why am I at the grocery store at 3am in sweats and full drag makeup? Mind your business, that's why.

and now we see the great north american camgirl emerge from her nest. watch as she meekly avoids any human contact while buying the entire stock of amy's organic soup. she must prepare because it will be another 3 weeks before she emerges into the wild again. today is a specail day though, she hasn't eaten a hot pocket in years, and she is feeling brave.

and now we see the great north american camgirl emerge from her nest. watch as she meekly avoids any human contact while buying the entire stock of amy's organic soup. she must prepare because it will be another 3 weeks before she emerges into the wild again. today is a specail day though, she hasn't eaten a hot pocket in years, and she is feeling brave.
Yesssss. I haven't even thought about a hot pocket in years... I always imagine that people are suspicious of how many frozen vegetables I buy. "What kind of person needs that many frozen veggies?" The kind of person that won't be back for 3-4 weeks and who wants to be eating unspoiled veggies at the 3 week mark, that's who!

The timing of my grocery trips usually revolve around the moment I run out of coffee or dog food. I got a larger-than-usual bag of dog food last time, so I wonder if I will run out of human food completely this time... lol?

I definitely struggle with chronic fatigue, and one thing that works for me is to take a walk whenever I need more energy. It seems counter-intuitive, but I often find that the more I do, the more I am able to do (within reason). Also, it's getting to be winter here so this is increasingly difficult, but getting 15 minutes of sunlight a day is really helpful for several of my health issues, especially my low energy levels. One of the most common but least well known deficiencies a lot of people have is actually a Vitamin D deficiency, which can cause a whole host of problems!

I struggle with the same issue myself. I'm very low energy and get drowsy often in which I need to stop and take a nap. The only thing that works for me is honestly 5 hour energy and that's sometimes, lol. I have heard a good diet would help alot.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
All of this advice but also don't discount mental health stuff as well. Now that I'm fairly familiar with myself, energy level is the main way I can tell I'm in a depression cycle. Also not eating tons of simple carbs/sugar/etc has really helped my energy levels staying stable instead of hopping all over the place. And making sure I get out of the house within x time of waking up; I've started jogging and I can definitely see a difference in my energy and mood between jogging and no jogging days.

This is awful, but my first thought about that was "Huh, that's likely just as strong as coffee, but certainly less caloric..." I'm not a calorie counter by any stretch of the imagination, but not consuming liquid calories is a goal, and coffee throws a wrench in the whole thing.

Another terrible thought... I've never smoked unless I was drinking, but vaping is very attractive to me (I like the hand/mouth action, I like the taste, I love the look of smoke/"smoke" being exhaled). If you're a very light smoker, is nicotine (without alcohol) energizing?

f you're a very light smoker, is nicotine (without alcohol) energizing?

I think it is. I chewed Nicorette for way too long, and I had a guy friend who would bum a piece sometimes in order to wake up his mind... I think he read somewhere that light nicotine is stimulting for the brain. I don't touch the stuff anymore, or I'll be back to chewing it all day long again and maybe finding excuses to smoke now and then.

If you're a very light smoker, is nicotine (without alcohol) energizing?

It used to be for me as it increases the heart rate (I try not to smoke before a physical as it sends my blood pressure into pre-hypertension areas), but, for about a year I smoke a half a cig 3 times a day at work on the sidewalk as my work won't let us smoke on their grounds, and walking back to work I actually feel tired.

Not sure if I would think of this as an option, because if one hasn't been exposed to it, it is better to not get involved (my personal opinion) as with any other drug that is addictive. Sorry to focus on one line in your post.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ms_Gingersnatch
This is awful, but my first thought about that was "Huh, that's likely just as strong as coffee, but certainly less caloric..." I'm not a calorie counter by any stretch of the imagination, but not consuming liquid calories is a goal, and coffee throws a wrench in the whole thing.

If you're a very light smoker, is nicotine (without alcohol) energizing?

That's one of the reasons I take the caffeine pills. I LOOOOOVE me my Mt. Dew. But the pills also don't rot your teeth.

I'm not a regular smoker. But I do like to have a cigar or two when I do any long driving trips. I get the bigger cigars that take 30 to 45 minutes to finish. When I find myself getting sleepy, one of those will keep me alert for two to three hours. So, I think they are energizing.

Another terrible thought... I've never smoked unless I was drinking, but vaping is very attractive to me (I like the hand/mouth action, I like the taste, I love the look of smoke/"smoke" being exhaled). If you're a very light smoker, is nicotine (without alcohol) energizing?[/QUOTE]

Well I do smoke to help calm mental health issues and Epilepsy, but not cigarettes. lol It doesn't make me very alert because I only like Indica. Sativa makes me hear things. o_O

You've all been so helpful! Thank you for posting!

I actually think I might know what's up, and a few of you were hitting the nail on the head. I think it is a physical health issue. I get to bed at a good hour, for a good number of hours, have a good diet and exercise, never drink. And yet I've had chronic fatigue for well over a decade, getting worse every day and doctors not really knowing what's up. I just stumbled on it.

Chronic Fatigue "Syndrome," in the realm of Fibromyalgia. Almost all my symptoms:

[ -- HEADS UP: TMI -- ]

- always tired, even w/ sleep
- incredible sense of smell---someone cooked pasta here a week ago?
- sensitive to very high pitches
- sore lymph nodes
- stomach pain
- brain fog
- chronic muscle pain
- morning joint stiffness---can't open doors or use phone early
- depression
- photo sensitivity like a vampire
- migraines
- circulation issues, coldest hands and feet

Guess I should see a doc and research a big ass daily vitamin regiment.

I actually think I might know what's up, and a few of you were hitting the nail on the head. I think it is a physical health issue. I get to bed at a good hour, for a good number of hours, have a good diet and exercise, never drink. And yet I've had chronic fatigue for well over a decade, getting worse every day and doctors not really knowing what's up. I just stumbled on it.

Chronic Fatigue "Syndrome," in the realm of Fibromyalgia. Almost all my symptoms:

- sore lymph nodes
- stomach pain
- brain fog
- chronic muscle pain
- depression
- migraines

Lots of those symptoms also match hypothyroidism. I would get a full thyroid workup (not just TSH, but also free t3/t4).

My go to for caffeine is garden of life energy + focus

not consuming liquid calories is a goal, and coffee throws a wrench in the whole thing.
Coffee has 1 calorie per 8 fl oz (237g) cup. The wrench isn't the coffee, it's the crap you/we put in it:
* Whole milk - 148 calories / cup
* Non-fat milk - 83 calories / cup
* Half and Half - 20 calories / 0.5 fl oz (15g) serving
* Sugar - 11 calories / 2.8g packet
* Jameson - 69 calories / shot

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Coffee has 1 calorie per 8 fl oz (237g) cup. The wrench isn't the coffee, it's the crap you/we put in it:
* Whole milk - 148 calories / cup
* Non-fat milk - 83 calories / cup
* Half and Half - 20 calories / 0.5 fl oz (15g) serving
* Sugar - 11 calories / 2.8g packet
* Jameson - 69 calories / shot
That's true, but there are limits to my masochism, and black coffee is one of them!

Eat a good diet.
Exercise.

The end.

If you are still fatigued while being healthy then visit a doctor, you may have underlying health conditions.

This right here. So simple yet so difficult to do! I have noticed a very big improvement this week working on these two.

I also wanted to add drinking water. Drinking a glass before bed and immediately when I wake up in the AM helps me start my day on the right foot. Also drinking water and staying hydrated the whole day. I am a caffeine girl. I love my coffee and I drink Monster zero everything frequently when streaming. I will keep a glass of water next to my caffeine drink and switch back and forth while working. Doing this also allows me to drink less caffeine (sometimes a Monster can can last me 2-3 days).

Edit-
Forgot to add in proper sleep! This is important!

-Well rested sleep
-Exercise daily, (doesn't have to be extremely rigorous, light activity is helpful!)
-Make good food choices
-Water, properly hydrated system throughout the day

My glass of water in the morning also includes a packet of Emergen-C :)

Last edited:

- sore lymph nodes
- stomach pain
- brain fog
- chronic muscle pain
- depression
- migraines

Doh I am a dumby and now see you've covered everything in my post. Hope a visit at the doctor's results in a solution for ya.

I have the same issue, and it's a huge barrier in my effort to cam more regularly. A well-timed nap can sometimes help, but a badly-timed nap can make it much worse.

Eating better and exercising more would help tremendously, I think, at least for me. It's just so hard to get into a healthy routine. Gotta work on that meal-prepping:dead:

- sore lymph nodes
- stomach pain
- brain fog
- chronic muscle pain
- depression
- migraines

I feel ya i have been diagnosed with chrinic fatigue syndrome for 4 years now which is a big part of why I started camming for a living, its a daily struggle to find energy, but I agree your diet and exercise can really change alot.

Kombucha is my ultimate go to before/during cam! It gives me a natural caffeine boost from the tea, it has a slightly bitter taste of alcohol (some flavors are less bitter with the same alcohol feeling), and it's chock full of probiotics!

My favorite flavor is peach ginger because the ginger "bite" caters to my alcohol craving and the peachy fizz caters to my pop craving.

At whole foods I buy a whole gallon for only $8 and it lasts me the entire week!

Every serving has a tiny bit of fermentation, enough to warrant each company writing "slight alcohol content" on the package. I've noticed when I drink it on an empty stomach I get a small "buzz" that calms any liquor craving while also giving me energy.

I love kombucha!

Also try juicing & doing wheatgrass shots as well.

I cut out all meat.

When I want to drink caffeine I drink green matcha tea, you can also put the matcha tea powder in your smoothies for energy.

Also, I work around my sleep schedule. I cam days and early evenings, no late nights for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.