AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slow Public Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2019
I was just wondering if anyone had tips for when there are people watching your room but not really typing anything? I’m terrible at small talk so I’m just trying to figure out how to keep things interesting and keep people actively engaged.

I usually think ahead and find a few interesting topics to discuss when things get slow. A recent movie I watched, a concert I went to , new music I'm listening to, a story i heard somewhere, funny stuff off the internet, popular current events (nothing political!!), a dream I had...once you get going usually people will chime in. Sometimes I have people start tipping just to shut me up lol

I don't know why models are so hung up over conversation. The only thing I care about is how you look and/or sound.

if there's a lull in conversation I practice my poses and don't keep still. Guys are more interested in what they see, not the conversation, as I've learned. As long as you look interesting (not on your phone, moving, posing, etc) then they will be more inclined to say something, or tip, or start a show.

I don't know why models are so hung up over conversation. The only thing I care about is how you look and/or sound.
Why are we so hung up on it? Well, you are only a percentage of the type of people we are trying to attract. (And in some cases, not at all). Some models want a more social experience, and enjoy an active chat in their rooms. A long shift can be boring without any good interaction.
Personally, I draw in more of my regulars (and tips) with my conversation and personality than I do with sexual acts or being naked, posing etc. They enjoy coming to talk with me, getting to know me and having a more personal experience.

Because if you are sitting there doing nothing, less people are likely to want to interact with you. There are so many good-looking models, that looks alone don't set you apart. Sure it helps if you are attractive, but most people come on cams for the interactive part.

Like I'm kinda good-looking I guess since people tell me all the time. If I'm not trying to interact with my chat, I cannot get people for the life of me to show me any goddamn attention. You are definitely a minority who just goes by looks and if their audio quality is good alone.

Why are we so hung up on it? Well, you are only a percentage of the type of people we are trying to attract. (And in some cases, not at all). Some models want a more social experience, and enjoy an active chat in their rooms. A long shift can be boring without any good interaction.
Personally, I draw in more of my regulars (and tips) with my conversation and personality than I do with sexual acts or being naked, posing etc. They enjoy coming to talk with me, getting to know me and having a more personal experience.
Exactly. I'm more willing to gain regulars through conversation and interaction. I've never received a large tip from someone who didn't interact with me at all. If you're just lurking and watching, you probably aren't tipping either.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Because, especially on a social site like MFC or CB, conversation is literally THE POINT of the site for a majority of the paying traffic. Yeah, there's boobs and butts and what not, but these dudes are there to chat first and see titties second. Just because you personally do/don't like something, doesn't mean that it's everyone else's preference. We've been telling you that since you started posting here and for some reason you Still Don't Get It. Jeebus.

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
Exactly. I'm more willing to gain regulars through conversation and interaction. I've never received a large tip from someone who didn't interact with me at all. If you're just lurking and watching, you probably aren't tipping either.

to be fair, his site of choice is streamate. it's private based so public shows aren't key, but regardless, it helps strike up interest because members are shuffling through related models or browsing through search bar.

but he does seem to not understand that not everyone has his camming preference or working the sites he prefers.

From my understanding there's a few types of chat room watchers and these include both guys who WANT to socialize, chat, and interact with the model on a personal level and the generalized guy who comes in to watch what you're doing and your body. One thing I've learned is that regardless of WHO you are trying to attract, if you're doing something in your cam room, even voyeuristically with zero members or watchers making any effort to be active in your room, you'll eventually build an interest and someone will break the silence. It's up to you to then socialize and direct where everything goes from there! :)

Some examples of things I've done to build my audience before progressing into more of a true cam show were live showering, doing my make-up, making my bed, cooking, and doing my nails. As a contrasting example, if I were to sit on my bed and twirl my hair or text on my phone I seemed to build little to no interest and therefore no takers to chat in my cam room.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Reactions: KinkyDomina
I've actually recently started logging on naked and getting dressed, doing little things around the room like setting up toys, etc and goofing off (drop something and bend over to pick it up), dancing to a song I like or even acting silly or talking about something funny that happened that day. It's started to help my room pick up a little faster than if I am sitting there dressed and just waiting for someone to say something. It starts as kind of a show in reverse. I start naked, and if they don't tip within the first 2-3 minutes i start putting on clothes and asking for tips to NOT put them on :)

I've actually recently started logging on naked and getting dressed, doing little things around the room like setting up toys, etc and goofing off (drop something and bend over to pick it up), dancing to a song I like or even acting silly or talking about something funny that happened that day. It's started to help my room pick up a little faster than if I am sitting there dressed and just waiting for someone to say something. It starts as kind of a show in reverse. I start naked, and if they don't tip within the first 2-3 minutes i start putting on clothes and asking for tips to NOT put them on :)

I have a similar tactic in our couples room. We either start with me going down on him or do that for a few minutes once he hit 69 viewers. We jump up into the 200's right away with that. They aren't always paying viewers right away, but its enough to get us onto the front page and more come from there.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround

I could not disagree more, but the reasons are a little subtle.

There are definitely viewers who focus on sex. But the vast majority of those are the viewers who do not pay and who constantly pester the model with requests for free PM, free services, free, free free.... On some days, a well-funded viewer will enter into a sex show and start paying a bundle because the model is creating some great sexual chemistry. But those viewers tend to not be loyal. They spend a lot of money on a few days, then they move on to the next girl who pulls their sexual strings.

The models who create relationships with customers are the ones who pull most of the profits out of webcam modeling long term. Because a customer who becomes a friend will keep coming back over and over and keep spending on you. And in any business it is repeat customers who make up the vast majority of your profits. So I think the better you get at developing relationships and interacting with customers, the better the chance that you will build a modeling business that grows over time and keeps you going for years instead of months.

I like to watch new models. I often find models who are gorgeous and sexual and interesting to watch who make almost nothing. And the common element is always that they do not speak English, or are too shy, and they ignore viewers who try to interact with them. I just feel bad for some of these models because they have 10 people watching their show. Most of those models wash out within months. They end up giving their time away for free. Contrast that to the new models who are highly verbal and interact and are charming. I have never seen one of those models fail to attract and build an audience. If you are a foreign language model, you can still find ways to interact, just with a more limited vocabulary.

My theory on this is that most of the viewers on these webcam systems are extremely lonely people. They might be older and have a failed marriage. They might have broken up with someone. They might just not be good at relationships. All these viewers want is to be made to feel like they are human beings. They want to have a real conversation with a pretty girl. It's pretty simple, actually. Models who can deliver real interactions are satisfying a core need that these viewers have. It's very similar to what Japanese "Bar Girls" do. It's less about sex and more about interaction.

I am in love with this; it's the perfect tease and I can see a hilarious game ensuing xD I've only done one nude show and I definitely found my room was more active!

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
Status
Not open for further replies.