AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Snapchat without a smartphone

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a desktop version, but you need to have a smartphone account to set it up before you can attach the desktop to it. So it's not going to help the OP.

I've been wanting to make a snapchat for so long, but my ex stole my tablet and my phone is in the stone-age.
I wasted so much time trying to find it for my PC.
:grumpy:

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Guy
I've never done it for myself. So I can't say much for results, but I think there is a way to run android apps on chrome.

Also DUOS is a decent emulator, being that android is always going to be awkward on a desktop. \

Yeah, my experience was the same as many here have mentioned. There's a lot of apps out there that claim to do the trick, but I wasn't able to get any of them to work.

Have you considered getting a Tracfone smart phone (no contracts)? You can get them pretty cheap now from their website.

When you buy a service card for a smart phone you get triple minutes/data/texts. In other words, a 200 minute card would give you 600 minutes + 600 texts + 600 Mb data which gives you 90 days of phone service. Everything rolls over if you don't use it.

I use mostly wifi at home so I don't waste my data. The phones use Verizon/T-Mobile/etc towers so the reception is good.

Have you considered getting a Tracfone smart phone (no contracts)? You can get them pretty cheap now from their website.

When you buy a service card for a smart phone you get triple minutes/data/texts. In other words, a 200 minute card would give you 600 minutes + 600 texts + 600 Mb data which gives you 90 days of phone service. Everything rolls over if you don't use it.

I use mostly wifi at home so I don't waste my data. The phones use Verizon/T-Mobile/etc towers so the reception is good.
I have but their screens are smaller than iphones and samsung smartphones.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
I've tried 2... I often like to see my vagina's on a big screen 58' tv. I need to see them up close and personally, viewing every nook and cranny in there. :hungry:

I can't remember offhand what the first one I tried was but it's the most common emulator for smartphones you will find. That didn't work at all. Support even told me that they don't support snapchat. I then tried "Andy" and that works great for pictures, but videos don't work at all for me. Anytime a video comes up it stalls and I can't view the remaining snaps. It could be my video card. :think:

Basically as far as I could find out, about 8-10 months ago none of them worked well for snapchat and you're best bet is to get a smartphone.

BlueStacks emulator works perfectly for Kik, both video and photos work as intended. Not sure about Snapchat, though.
Too late to edit, but bluestacks was the one I tried for snapchat that didn't work. My email to support confirmed it did not. This was almost a year ago though, so maybe things have changed.

Also as an addendum, Andy didn't work for videos on snapchat for me around a month ago.

• Helpful!
Reactions: dustinxxxizzle
My regulars used to use BlueStacks for the PC. It worked okay. They could see pics and videos, but they hated using it. Then, after the newest update, they couldn't see any pics or vids from Snapchat anymore.

You could ask your favorite camgirl if she sells her Snapchat content separately for a different amount. I've started downloading my Snaps to my phone, then uploading them to a Dropbox folder for those regs who don't have a smartphone. However, since it's an extra hassle, it costs a bit more than the usual program.

@Guy I went with the emoto which has a screen size big enough for me, but yeah they're smaller than a iphone.

As others suggested, maybe you would be best off getting a tablet with wifi. They are pretty inexpensive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.