AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So much for anonymous viewing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
So I’ve read any thread that I could find regarding anonymous viewing and whether or not a model can see me when I am logged out. Everything seems to say the same thing and it all flies in the face of what I just had happen.

I was using Chaturbate. I was not logged in. I entered a models room and maybe within a minute, she texted me on WhatsApp saying “I think you are watching me yes?”

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I mean, I’ll ask her the next time we talk on the phone but I don’t necessarily trust her so I won’t know if her answer is legit.

Or you're just paranoid and depending on hlw much viewers she has (not much) she just lucky guessed?
I think there were 23 in the room at the time. Probably about half were anonymous.
That being said, I am logged in and in her room nearly every day and I am probably her best tipper. We have a good relationship outside of her room too. So I can’t think of any reason she would suspect me of viewing her anonymously.

That IS strange! o_O

Do you have a habit of watching her anonymously and then logging in at opportune times? (When tipping picks up, etc.)

Maybe she’s picking up on your visiting habits and putting 2+2 together. I dunno.
No. She usually texts me when she’s going on and so I log in within a couple minutes if I’m free. I also drop by from time to time to say hello and see what she’s wearing while logged in, even if I can’t stay for more than a minute. So idk of any reason she might think me being anonymous.

I read those already. I felt like my case was different because they did not involve a cam (I have never C2C) and there seems like there should be little doubt about it just being a lucky guess.

she had been on for over 3 hours at that point, so why would she randomly text me to see if I was watching her?

Could be a coincidence or she was just trying to see if tokens would flow soon and sent a message letting you know she was on...
Like I said, the timing was too precise. Also, the face she made right before she texted me said it all. It was the face of someone asking themselves “is that ****, and why is he watching me anonymously?”

also, she and I text regularly throughout the day, every day. The past 2 days, I have told her that I plan on taking a break from CB for a while.

im paranoid about this too, but what im taking away from the replies is that there is no way they can see who it is when not logged in, right? right??? :dead:
There is no way, you're right. Look everyone at chaturbate begins with the same account type. Models differentiate theirs by getting age-verified to accept tokens. Get age-verified on your account and see what changes, see what you suddenly have access to in terms of the accounts of others.

If there are 6 anonymous viewers or 1 or 100, the model can't even right-click on an individual anonymous 'account' to get information about it. There's nothing there. This was a lucky guess or another way to signal to you that she was online.
Are you saying there’s no credibility to the claims of these people that talk about fixed IPs? I don’t use a VPN, I’m mostly always on my home wifi. And I’m not thinking They necessarily get the info through CB, put perhaps another program they’re running.

Are you saying there’s no credibility to the claims of these people that talk about fixed IPs? I don’t use a VPN, I’m mostly always on my home wifi. And I’m not thinking They necessarily get the info through CB, put perhaps another program they’re running.

I don't think this situation is as complicated as that at all. The model simply knows you are on at certain times, so even when your name is not there in the room list, she most certainly guessed that you would be skulking as an anon viewer. You have simply become... and probably without even realising it... a creature of habit. She can predict your actions and guessed well. You were surprised and taken aback. C'est la vie!

👀

I don't think this situation is as complicated as that at all. The model simply knows you are on at certain times, so even when your name is not there in the room list, she most certainly guessed that you would be skulking as an anon viewer. You have simply become... and probably without even realising it... a creature of habit. She can predict your actions and guessed well. You were surprised and taken aback. C'est la vie!

👀
I’m not ruling that out entirely. But there have been many, many times over the past few months in which I have had to skip her shows for work. She’s also changed up her schedule pretty drastically over the past few weeks, so it is more and more common for me to miss her main show. So that just seems super unlikely. Out of the hundred+ shows I’ve missed, why would this be the one time she sends me a message?

Reactions: AussieCosplay
So I’ve read any thread that I could find regarding anonymous viewing and whether or not a model can see me when I am logged out. Everything seems to say the same thing and it all flies in the face of what I just had happen.

I was using Chaturbate. I was not logged in. I entered a models room and maybe within a minute, she texted me on WhatsApp saying “I think you are watching me yes?”

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I mean, I’ll ask her the next time we talk on the phone but I don’t necessarily trust her so I won’t know if her answer is legit.

No way to do that unless you got to her cb page via a 3rd party site which she can see stats for or you clicked a 3rd party site link on her bio that she can see stats for.

No way to do that unless you got to her cb page via a 3rd party site which she can see stats for or you clicked a 3rd party site link on her bio that she can see stats for.
Ok, let’s say I clicked her Amazon Wishlist link on her CB page while anonymous. How would she then be able to tell that it’s me?

Could a tracking pixel have the same effect as clicking a link in someone’s bio? About a year ago I noticed the same small, unique image on a few models’ bio pages. I know they had the same guy handling their payments (and taking a cut) at that time. My assumption was the image was on their bios as a tracking method.

Mind you, that was a pretty specific case. I wouldn’t expect most models to care enough about that data to to go that length.

Ok, let’s say I clicked her Amazon Wishlist link on her CB page while anonymous. How would she then be able to tell that it’s me?
Cant through amazon wishlist i dont think amazon shows view stats, is it a direct link to amazon or does it go through a forward first?

Could a tracking pixel have the same effect as clicking a link in someone’s bio? About a year ago I noticed the same small, unique image on a few models’ bio pages. I know they had the same guy handling their payments (and taking a cut) at that time. My assumption was the image was on their bios as a tracking method.

Mind you, that was a pretty specific case. I wouldn’t expect most models to care enough about that data to to go that length.
no cant be a tracking pixel because of cb's image proxy.

Cant through amazon wishlist i dont think amazon shows view stats, is it a direct link to amazon or does it go through a forward first?

no cant be a tracking pixel because of cb's image proxy.
I’m not very tech savvy. I would guess it’s a fwd because there’s a countdown for a redirect.

1EC46D43-085A-496F-9603-0B80D823EC25.jpeg
Time stamps for context. As I said before... I was on her page for maybe a minute or less before she made a face, said something to her friend that was in the room with her, and then I got the text.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I'm friends with a number of models on CB and chat offline a few times a week with most of them. I don't do C2C and normally not using a VPN.

Sometimes I go into their room while logged on, but have to leave quickly, or they are busy and I won't say anything, as they will normally start a PM. I'll often get an offline message soon after asking why I didn't stay, or why I didn't say hi.

Other times I go into their room, while not logged in, to see whether they are busy, or see the mood of the room. I have never had them contact me when I have done this, so I doubt they can tell I was in the room anonymously.

Double check you are logged out, not logged in on another tab in the browser. When you are in their room, then the Follow icon should be showing if you are logged out, if you are following them normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.