AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Social Media

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use Twitter. A lot of models use Reddit and Telegram but I haven't been bothered with them myself. I would suggest avoiding Instagram as they are anti-sex work.
Yeah I have had my account rejected twice on Instagram.. that must be why. I'm just following some models now on Twitter to get an idea of how it works.. is there any big twitter no nos I should know about?

Yeah I have had my account rejected twice on Instagram.. that must be why. I'm just following some models now on Twitter to get an idea of how it works.. is there any big twitter no nos I should know about?

Don't follow too many people too fast. You want a 50/50 ratio or better. Links and hashtags in bio are fine. If you want people to retweet you don't spam your posts with links and hashtags because it looks spammy and leads to people getting shadow-banned.

Like everyone said Twitter is probably the best. Was never a big fan of it for personal use but Iā€™ve grown to like it since I started using it for brand promotion. Iā€™ve even paid someone with a large following around $10 to retweet 6 of my posts just to see what would happen. I didnā€™t blow up overnight or anything lol but it was cool to see they actually retweeted me to their audience as promised and at least got me out there. I only tried that once but depending on your advertising budget Iā€™m sure you can get yourself in front of a lot of people. I would recommend getting comfortable with twitter before paying anyone for promotion though.

I kind of work with social media in my normal humdrum life so it can be adapted to suit twitter with a little research. I'm thinking to go back to college to study computers as I'm pretty good at design and always enjoyed it in school. Maybe with a media element as I also enjoy psychology and the three combined would be a lot of help online :)

Thanks for the replies nice to meet you all :)

Hi! I only use twitter now... for the life of me, i couldn't get the hang of Reddit haha and like other shave said, instagram is hot on getting rid of SW posts and accounts (i had a few before giving up on that too)

I try my very best to promote myself on twitter but i dont really see much progression sub wise on OF or new people in my room on MFC... but its great for letting your followers know when you'll be on cam or if you're gonna be late etc

X

Hi! I only use twitter now... for the life of me, i couldn't get the hang of Reddit haha and like other shave said, instagram is hot on getting rid of SW posts and accounts (i had a few before giving up on that too)

I try my very best to promote myself on twitter but i dont really see much progression sub wise on OF or new people in my room on MFC... but its great for letting your followers know when you'll be on cam or if you're gonna be late etc

X
Are you actually engaging on your twitter, not talking about the occasional post, like and retweet.

Growing a social media is about interaction A LOT on top of 'good' content posting

Now more than ever with platforms being saturated AF you have to give x 5 to get.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I am very new to camming and video creation. I am on chaturbate since a few months and I just posted my first videos on ManyVids the other day. (yay!) The view count was pretty low, so I was stressing out and was thinking I *had* to advertise in a rush somehow. So in addition to my twitter I was starting an Instagram today. But of course, traffic is not magically happening. ^.^ And some weird promotion accounts immediately messaged me and wanted me to pay them for posting my content on their feed. Which I didn't do...

I have since longer time a twitter account which grows very slowly because, on the contrary to me irl, I am very shy when it comes to online interaction. I am trying my best to overcome this, but it's hard if you're a bit on the introverted side.

Long story short: twitter is great for adult content, if you invest time and effort and are charming and outgoing and have good content. Instagram I am unsure about and can't really tell after one day.
I think regularity is key, also interacting with people and dropping kind words frequently. Expressing appreciation never hurts!

Personally I will keep stretching my antennas into new social media territories but I think it's important to choose your favourite ones, that fit you the best and stick with it. Otherwise one gets exhausted quite easily, which happened to me the last days, I have to say.

Hello again šŸ˜ new member with a million questions haha..

Which social platforms do you prefer for promoting your brand?

Can I look at your social media accounts to get some inspiration?

ā¤
Hey ! :) I don't use a lot of social media but I do have a Twitter ( in my 'about section' on here) and I can follow you if you want :)

Hello again šŸ˜ new member with a million questions haha..

Which social platforms do you prefer for promoting your brand?

Can I look at your social media accounts to get some inspiration?
My twitter and my instagram, in case you wanna drop by. I found you on twitter already!

Update on me trying out Instagram for more exposure. I got 100 followers within the last three to four days. That's not nothing. I put up 11 photos (SFW) and didn't interact with many people. The traffic solely comes from the hashtags which is impressive to me. Twitterhashtags don't do the trick as well I have the feeling. But I also put hashtags like "camgirl", so let's have a look how long it takes Instagram to shadowban or actually ban me. (From what people write on here Instagram tends to crush down on sexworkers, as soon as they get the point.) I don't promote my content directly in links, I just have a linktr.ee added as my website. I think I do my instagram selfpromotion kinda subtle, let's hope it's subtle enough. ^__^

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
My twitter and my instagram, in case you wanna drop by. I found you on twitter already!

Update on me trying out Instagram for more exposure. I got 100 followers within the last three to four days. That's not nothing. I put up 11 photos (SFW) and didn't interact with many people. The traffic solely comes from the hashtags which is impressive to me. Twitterhashtags don't do the trick as well I have the feeling. But I also put hashtags like "camgirl", so let's have a look how long it takes Instagram to shadowban or actually ban me. (From what people write on here Instagram tends to crush down on sexworkers, as soon as they get the point.) I don't promote my content directly in links, I just have a linktr.ee added as my website. I think I do my instagram selfpromotion kinda subtle, let's hope it's subtle enough. ^__^
Just link your Twitter in your Instagram bio and keep hush hush about camming ;)

Having a SnapChat for promoting is excellent also!

Just link your Twitter in your Instagram bio and keep hush hush about camming ;)
I took your comment to heart! I deleted all my posts (cause you can't edit the text once it is out there.) I reuploaded everything now without having *any* allusion to camming. And put just my twitter in the Bio, no other links.
Having a SnapChat for promoting is excellent also!
True, I forgot about snapchat! Oh dear goddess, social media is such a jungle! ^.^

I took your comment to heart! I deleted all my posts (cause you can't edit the text once it is out there.) I reuploaded everything now without having *any* allusion to camming. And put just my twitter in the Bio, no other links.

True, I forgot about snapchat! Oh dear goddess, social media is such a jungle! ^.^
Yeah, lots of people will want your SnapChat!

We donā€™t and canā€™t reply to them all - we strictly focus purely on posting regular snap with our OnlyFans linked over as a watermark.

Any special customers are pinned to the top and prioritised.

We used to promote on Tinder & Grindr subtlety, but our accounts always get banned or shadowbanned for being fake. Thatā€™s a quick and easy way to build a following on Instagram.

Organic growth is best, but that takes time and persistence.
Small clips on Twitter with nudity blurred draws views and interest.

Is it too late to tell you that you can edit on instagram? Unlike twitter where you can only delete instagram let's you edit fully inc hashtags. Also instagram stories are really good for getting noticed too. I cant get an account, they sussed it straight away before I had even finished account process lol :( but I do have a lot of insta experience non sexually..

Is it too late to tell you that you can edit on instagram? Unlike twitter where you can only delete instagram let's you edit fully inc hashtags.
You can?! Oh darn it, I searched for the option everywhere! lol! But i just had like 10 pictures online, not the end of the world. Kchchchch.
I cant get an account, they sussed it straight away before I had even finished account process lol :(
What the hell?! That sounds fishy... What is going on there?

And we have each other on twitter now, which is great! I will retweet as much as I can! :h:

You can?! Oh darn it, I searched for the option everywhere! lol! But i just had like 10 pictures online, not the end of the world. Kchchchch.

What the hell?! That sounds fishy... What is going on there?

And we have each other on twitter now, which is great! I will retweet as much as I can! :h:
If you click the photo in your profile it should have the classic three vertical dots in the corner - there you can edit.

I suspect they rejected my new account because it was '@cam.couple' lol..
Bit of a giveaway šŸ˜†

Reactions: AussieCosplay
@Lola_Lace You are doing great, from what I saw! Nice, aesthetic pictures and announcing when you're online.
I recommend making yourself a nice pinned tweet - (without links or hashtags) where you can write about yourself or a current event, with a nice photo, gif or video. You post it and afterwards you select your tweet, go to the three dots in the right corner and select "pin tweet". Then it shows up first in your profile timeline. This way you can get retweeted more easily. There is this culture on twitter where you retweet another persons pinned tweet and they retweet yours. I just found this out myself. It works wonders! (And people normally say they want your pinned to be without links or hashtags and non-explicit for them to retweet it.)

So in addition to my twitter I was starting an Instagram today.
Instagram update: Aaaand I am shadowbanned already. ;D I got like 30 followers a day for ten days straight and since 3 days not a single one, although I posted new content. My hashtags obviously aren't working anymore. Kchchch. They are fast and thorough. (I just had a link to my twitter in my bio, no SW hashtags.)
My conclusion: That was a waste of time. But you live, you learn and bla. I will have a look at snapchat next. ^__^

Reactions: mike_aussie
Status
Not open for further replies.