AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some people...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Last night I spent some time with my favorite model in free chat instead of our usual private time. Throughout the evening I sent her a handsome sum of tokens(6k+) and after about 3 hours we said goodnight to each other and I left her room and logged off the site. We are connected via Whatsapp and Skype also, and have been since shortly after our first meeting.

About 30 minutes after I left her room, she sends me a message on Whatsapp asking if I have another Skype account. I told her that I did, but I only use that account for friends and family. She then sends me a screenshot of someone using a slight variation of my username to try and contact her. This person even went so far as to say that they hoped that she liked all the tokens he gave her, and tried their level best to make themselves sound as if they were me. I told her it wasn't me, and to block that person. Instead, she proceeded to have some fun with this person and asked them if they had more tokens they could send, because she really needed them. After a few minutes of having fun with this person, she finally threw down the gauntlet and asked this person why they haven't called her by the pet name I have for her. Yeah, I have a cute pet name for her that she loves for me to call her, but this person actually tried to guess it and failed miserably! LOL! At this point she read them the reader's digest version of the riot act and proceeded to block them from Skype.

We both had a good laugh about it, but before I said goodnight I politely warned her about the risks and dangers associated with this type of thing. She's a smart lady and she assured me that she is always on the lookout for this type of scamming behavior.

The nerve of some people. This is the first time I have ever had this type of pseudo-identity theft attempted on my CB username. I wonder how often something like this happens?

Had it happen a couple of years ago on SC. One of the few times I was "king" in the particular model's room. Like your situation she is a smart girl so asked me if it was a second Snapchat a/c was mine. I told her no. I am unsure what she did but the guy maye have borne the brunt of her Ukrainian fury :)

I guess given the fact that I was never a big tipper in her room, (although often a reasonable one and contributor to the chat in the room) I should have been flattered by the "impersonation" ;)

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I had at least one guy that I know of that did this to me too. The thing is, it wasn't because I was a big tipper, it was because I had a good rapport with the model.
Luckily she knew it wasn't me instantly, purely from how he was speaking, what he was saying and how he was typing.
I - most times - will write properly, and don't go on about dick this and dick that, whereas he, as you can guess, was using all "bb" and "my big dick" and blah blah. The typical nonsense.

She already had me on Skype (actually on 2 of her skype's, her work one and then her personal). So she knew it wasn't me on a second account - if I created a new account I would have told her in advance.

Reactions: odioso and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Wonder about the motivations.
As all others mentioned, anyone familiar with you would notice it wasn't you immediately.
Hopefully just a crude attempt to get sent some free pics/vids, rather than to try and upset your relationship with the model.

Upvote 0
It happened to me once, too (that I know of).

Last year, a model I am a regular with on CB started split-camming on a different cam site. Not long after she started doing that, she asked me if I had an account on the other page, too. I said no, and asked why.

Turns out someone created an account on the other site with a username identical to my CB handle and tried to pass himself off as me to the model. She was asking because - you guessed it - the guy had no idea how to impersonate me in chat/DMs and the model correctly suspected it wasn’t me.

No idea what his motive was. As far as I know, he’s still on this other site with my username. But I haven’t heard from any other models about him, so maybe he’s behaving.

Upvote 0
It happened to me once, too (that I know of).

Last year, a model I am a regular with on CB started split-camming on a different cam site. Not long after she started doing that, she asked me if I had an account on the other page, too. I said no, and asked why.

Turns out someone created an account on the other site with a username identical to my CB handle and tried to pass himself off as me to the model. She was asking because - you guessed it - the guy had no idea how to impersonate me in chat/DMs and the model correctly suspected it wasn’t me.

No idea what his motive was. As far as I know, he’s still on this other site with my username. But I haven’t heard from any other models about him, so maybe he’s behaving.
After reading this, I went over to one of the sites that my favourite model and friend also works on, and tried to create an account there with my CB username. Surprise, surprise - that username is already in use!
The CB name I created uses a very unique set of characters in a particular sequence, which has significance to me from a major event in my youth, so I am very doubtful that someone also came up with that same ID by chance.
Hmmm.

Upvote 0
Wonder about the motivations.
As all others mentioned, anyone familiar with you would notice it wasn't you immediately.
Hopefully just a crude attempt to get sent some free pics/vids, rather than to try and upset your relationship with the model.

I think the motivations are always the same: to try to get something free, regardless if it's "time and dirty talking" from the model, free pics, or free vids.. whatever.
I never ask a model for free stuff though, so if any guy asks that then you sure know it's not me. The only time I will ask for a pic is if it's something we spoke about before, and it's not for sex/nudity.

Upvote 0
I think the motivations are always the same: to try to get something free, regardless if it's "time and dirty talking" from the model, free pics, or free vids.. whatever.
I never ask a model for free stuff though, so if any guy asks that then you sure know it's not me. The only time I will ask for a pic is if it's something we spoke about before, and it's not for sex/nudity.

Probably right. Could also be an attempt to make the member they’re impersonating look bad to the model, if they’re the jealous type. I honestly don’t put much past some members.

Upvote 0
Had something similar happen to me as well.

In this model's room, the amount that the user has tipped shows up next to their name in brackets and if they're one of the top three tippers they have a gold, silver or bronze crown next to the total tipped.

I was in second place, so I had the silver crown.

When I left, someone with a similar username, my tip total and the silver crown entered the room and started to chat with her. The difference was that he was a grey, so she asked him why he was grey. He told her that it was because he was on his cellphone. She wasn't sure whether that caused that, but she eventually realized it wasn't me because of the way he spoke to her. He was hitting on her, and I never hit on her. I just chat with her like a friend. So she asked him a question that only I would know the answer to and he left. I have her on my WhatsApp and she texted me asking me if that was me chatting with her on CB and she sent me a copy of their exchanges. I told her no.

The funny thing is the guy had tried the same thing the day before, but with a big tipper that neither of us knew, so although we thought it was odd that he came back as a grey, we just thought it was some CB glitch.

Upvote 0
with a similar username, my tip total and the silver crown entered the room and started to chat with her
this "him_grey: [4040]👑 and I say whatever", is so easy to imitate : ).
The decoration is added by a bot (not a cb based feature) and based on the exact name, so it can't connect your different accounts.
Knowing this, she could figure easily that it wasn't you and after checked better the name in her token history or on the 'king' spam in chat could laugh of the joke (thinking it's you joking)... or ban fast.

I had kind of the opposite problem. My dod404 has a double check protection (of course) and I had another account, dod501, as a grey backup, with no access at all to any perso info. Once, I was out of home and forgot my phone for double check. So I couldn't connect to 404 (not found) and used 501 (not implemented) to chat a bit with a friend model. I just had the time to type 'Hi :)' but dod505 has been directly banned by the clever girl xD
And so, dod404 was banned also there from ips... it took days to be able to contact her again and fix the situation.

Reactions: odioso
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.