AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some things that I've noticed while watching other models...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyssaMichelle

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 14, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@mixedbabyyy97
Streamate Username
mixedbabyyy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000883183/Princess-Lissa/
When newcomers come into the room, no matter if your viewers count is as low as 50 or so, most models that I've seen don't even greet them, or even acknowledge them.

Responding to compliments. When a model gets a compliment (which is frequently), she tends to ignore it? This can be as simple as you look great today, or you look so sexy in that. They don't type thank you in the chat box, and they don't verbally say thank you. I've only seen maybe one or two models that verbally thank the tippers or guests when they compliment them?? Is this a thing? I don't see why you're not supposed to reply to them.

I think it's really awkward when I see models just laying there, not really saying anything or paying attention to the show. And I see this on almost every chat. Am I missing something? There's no way camming can be that boring... I definitely want my room to be welcome and inviting to anyone and to give my viewers a reason to tip. I want to talk to them and be up front and personal like I'm meeting a new friend. I'm on chaturbate, Btw if that makes any difference!

I'm not trying to bag on anyone at all btw - in honestly curious, and just learning how this all works :)

Most members visiting a room for the first time don't like to be called out by name. If it's a reg, then yeah, greet them! Otherwise you're gonna have a lot of people leaving.

I don't think I've watched many rooms where the model is ignoring the chat. You could always watch some models on MFC
since that's another social site.

It's been 3+ years since I've been on Chaturbate, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the user list being in a separate tab than the chat. There's no way of greeting every new person who enters because the room list isn't visible to you unless you go out of your way to look at it. It's also widely considered to not be the best practice because it makes most members feel uncomfortable.

A lot of cb models mostly ignore what grays say, especially if it's just a barrage of compliments. I would leave a room in 2 minutes if all the model had time to do was constantly say thank you to members who have no plan to contribute anything of value.

It's been 3+ years since I've been on Chaturbate, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the user list being in a separate tab than the chat. There's no way of greeting every new person who enters because the room list isn't visible to you unless you go out of your way to look at it. It's also widely considered to not be the best practice because it makes most members feel uncomfortable.

A lot of cb models mostly ignore what grays say, especially if it's just a barrage of compliments. I would leave a room in 2 minutes if all the model had time to do was constantly say thank you to members who have no plan to contribute anything of value.
Okay !! That's makes a lot of sense! I'm not broadcasting yet so I didn't realize this .

Most members visiting a room for the first time don't like to be called out by name. If it's a reg, then yeah, greet them! Otherwise you're gonna have a lot of people leaving.

I don't think I've watched many rooms where the model is ignoring the chat. You could always watch some models on MFC
since that's another social site.
Okay cool. Just greet the regs then :cat:

• Helpful!
Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
I'm just a member but I just use MFC. I've looked a little at CB but it's not as interesting to me because it does not have that "chat appeal". MFC just seems friendly and more relaxed from my point of view. Many rooms the members will often talk to each other.

You can change the settings if you want to see when blue/purple users, fan club members, and/or mods enter your room in main chat. Just go to the settings tab when you're broadcasting.

Yeah I definitely want my room to one where everyone can communicate whatever type of member they are or not. I'm going to do the color code in the chat definitely. Or do you guys think it's better to just block people without tokens from the chat right from the get go?

Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
There is another tab for members on Chaturbate, so while I'll say the occasional hello to when I see someone that isn't a grey or anon member. But honestly? I can say hello to everyone that enters and maybe get a hello back. Camming can be really upsetting in that people won't talk, I can ask questions, try to play games, even offer free flashes if people just engage and get nothing. So sometimes I'll look bored. Sometimes I'll pull out my phone or even read a book for a couple of minutes after half an hour plus of not getting anyone saying anything other than requesting free things. shrug That is just me though. I'm fairly new to camming still anyways. I do say thank you to the compliments though, but I'll stop after the eighth "wow ur so hot hon" from someone that hasn't been tipping or offering anything other than sweet words but not actual conversation.

Reactions: AlyssaMichelle
Don't go out of your way to thank people for flat compliments. If it's not something you can turn into a conversation, it's not worth your time. There are lots of great members, but if you spend your time thinking everyone in your room deserves acknowledgement, the actually decent humans are going to go elsewhere.
Example:
Good compliment: "I love this music! What is it?"
Bad compliment: "ur hot" spoiler: this will be followed by a request for free tits or ass whether you thank them or not.

Don't go out of your way to thank people for flat compliments. If it's not something you can turn into a conversation, it's not worth your time. There are lots of great members, but if you spend your time thinking everyone in your room deserves acknowledgement, the actually decent humans are going to go elsewhere.
Example:
Good compliment: "I love this music! What is it?"
Bad compliment: "ur hot" spoiler: this will be followed by a request for free tits or ass whether you thank them or not.
Yeah definitely!! I get that much :) lol thanks for your reply

When newcomers come into the room, no matter if your viewers count is as low as 50 or so, most models that I've seen don't even greet them, or even acknowledge them.

That's because if you do, they get spooked and leave in a hurry. It can feel like they're being put on the spot, which is VERY uncomfortable. Throwing out the occasional general greeting is fine ("hi guys", etc), but individual ones, avoid unless it's a reg who likes to be greeted first.

I personally do great guests, (not by name bc I think that's intimidating, but just a "hey there" when someone new enters), and thank them for all of their boring, generic compliments, but it's probably bc I'm still very new, and still get excited about the attention. I also don't have enough guests to really justify ignoring them. It's a lot more fun for me when I interact with them, but not everyone is as social as I am. You'd be surprised how many cam models are shy or genuinely socially awkward. Getting on cam is hard enough for some, let alone actually engaging with everyone. I say do whatever feels comfortable for you.

I personally do great guests, (not by name bc I think that's intimidating, but just a "hey there" when someone new enters), and thank them for all of their boring, generic compliments, but it's probably bc I'm still very new, and still get excited about the attention. I also don't have enough guests to really justify ignoring them. It's a lot more fun for me when I interact with them, but not everyone is as social as I am. You'd be surprised how many cam models are shy or genuinely socially awkward. Getting on cam is hard enough for some, let alone actually engaging with everyone. I say do whatever feels comfortable for you.
Yea, thats the way I was thinking about it. I wasn't going to call out their name but I guess just acknowledge that they joined my room. Not every single person though. :p

Responding to compliments. When a model gets a compliment (which is frequently), she tends to ignore it? This can be as simple as you look great today, or you look so sexy in that. They don't type thank you in the chat box, and they don't verbally say thank you. I've only seen maybe one or two models that verbally thank the tippers or guests when they compliment them?? Is this a thing? I don't see why you're not supposed to reply to them.

I think it's really awkward when I see models just laying there, not really saying anything or paying attention to the show. And I see this on almost every chat. Am I missing something? There's no way camming can be that boring... I definitely want my room to be welcome and inviting to anyone and to give my viewers a reason to tip. I want to talk to them and be up front and personal like I'm meeting a new friend. I'm on chaturbate, Btw if that makes any difference!

I'm not trying to bag on anyone at all btw - in honestly curious, and just learning how this all works :)

The extreme version of what you are describing here are the rooms that have only two or three people in them, and the model ignores everyone who tries to chat with them. Every one of those "Hello there" or "You are cute" messages from a newcomer is a potential new regular. When you have 100 people in a room, you have the luxury to be picky. When you have two or three, you should not miss opportunities to sell. So there is a kind of self-fulfilling destiny in those rooms, where the model has a habit that keeps the room small forever.

I do agree with the advice to turn off chat from greys on CB and from basics and guests on MFC. Other models on ACF have objected to that and said they prefer to block individual bad actors and they occasionally convert a grey to a customer. Which way you go on that is a personal choice you make.

Regarding greeting new users, I will share some data points. The most successful girl I know in getting lots of private chats appears to have no conversation at all and her one and only selling technique is to wait for new purples to enter her room, after which she PMs them and asks if they want to take her private. And she spends about 80% of her day in privates. Go figure that. I'm NOT agreeing with her heavy handed sales approach. I'm sharing the observation that overt selling techniques get used because - unfortunately - they sometimes work.

If you are really extroverted and it is your personality to greet new people, you might get away with greeting new purples without any demand for a response. So you might say "Hi LurkerDude, welcome to my room." If you went the extra step to demand a response by saying "Hi LurkerDude, welcome to my room. How are you doing today?" that might scare a lot of people away. The first approach makes him feel welcome. The second approach obligates him to engage in a conversation he might not want. But these are things you can test. If you try the first approach and people immediately leave, then you can adjust.

• Helpful!
The extreme version of what you are describing here are the rooms that have only two or three people in them, and the model ignores everyone who tries to chat with them. Every one of those "Hello there" or "You are cute" messages from a newcomer is a potential new regular. When you have 100 people in a room, you have the luxury to be picky. When you have two or three, you should not miss opportunities to sell. So there is a kind of self-fulfilling destiny in those rooms, where the model has a habit that keeps the room small forever.

I do agree with the advice to turn off chat from greys on CB and from basics and guests on MFC. Other models on ACF have objected to that and said they prefer to block individual bad actors and they occasionally convert a grey to a customer. Which way you go on that is a personal choice you make.

Regarding greeting new users, I will share some data points. The most successful girl I know in getting lots of private chats appears to have no conversation at all and her one and only selling technique is to wait for new purples to enter her room, after which she PMs them and asks if they want to take her private. And she spends about 80% of her day in privates. Go figure that. I'm NOT agreeing with her heavy handed sales approach. I'm sharing the observation that overt selling techniques get used because - unfortunately - they sometimes work.

If you are really extroverted and it is your personality to greet new people, you might get away with greeting new purples without any demand for a response. So you might say "Hi LurkerDude, welcome to my room." If you went the extra step to demand a response by saying "Hi LurkerDude, welcome to my room. How are you doing today?" that might scare a lot of people away. The first approach makes him feel welcome. The second approach obligates him to engage in a conversation he might not want. But these are things you can test. If you try the first approach and people immediately leave, then you can adjust.
Thanks!! That was very helpful!

Reactions: Smores
Im going to echo not calling out to purples or premiums the second they come into the room. As someone with experience, it tends to scare the guys off and they bolt. Just give a general greeting and try not to overthink it. You'll do great!

Heyy, another new girl! I haven't started yet either, so I've been lurking forums for research and stuff.

I am also a streamer, so I can vouch that lurkers get spooked when you call them out by name. The only time I would ever say hi is if they actually start talking or if they tip/follow. For MFC (which I just joined), I'll probably be extending as much conversation as I like because I like social chats like my normal gaming streams. Plus being nice makes people feel appreciated and usually keeps 'em around. But I have read a lot that even if they tip on MFC, sometimes they don't like to be called by name either, so a simple "Thank you so much!!" is probs gonna be my go-to! :)

Also good luck, and you are super pretty!!! O:

• Hugs
Heyy, another new girl! I haven't started yet either, so I've been lurking forums for research and stuff.

I am also a streamer, so I can vouch that lurkers get spooked when you call them out by name. The only time I would ever say hi is if they actually start talking or if they tip/follow. For MFC (which I just joined), I'll probably be extending as much conversation as I like because I like social chats like my normal gaming streams. Plus being nice makes people feel appreciated and usually keeps 'em around. But I have read a lot that even if they tip on MFC, sometimes they don't like to be called by name either, so a simple "Thank you so much!!" is probs gonna be my go-to! :)

Also good luck, and you are super pretty!!! O:
Ahhh thank you girl! Have you had better experience with chaturbate or mfc ??

I ignore compliments, it is always followed with "show ass bb" or something stupid along with freeloading. Compliments do nothing for me, as a Domme I actually charge for compliments lol. (I cam on streamate) I tell them if they want their compliment to mean something, attach gold to it.

Sometimes I greet members, but I got pretty good at figuring out who's a vanilla guy just by their username. Example: "BigDick4U" I immediately block and if I don't block, they're going to greet me with a "Hey bb" and I just ignore them.

Honestly, even when I'm super social plenty of guys think I'm "too busy" to be taken in exclusive.

So I just play on my phone occasionally looking up to the camera when somebody pops in.

But to be honest, I'm pretty impatient with camming. The amount of freeloaders is enough to push me to make clips only.

I haven't actually looked into CB yet at all. MFC is my first camgirl site. What I meant by previous streaming is that I stream video games on a "family friendly" website and can just vouch for people feeling awkward when called out by name when first joining your room. And I've done a lot of poking around on ACF to find that most members AND models agree on that. From what I have seen, MFC seems to be really popular though and I have a lot of experience in entertaining on webcam, so I thought I'd start there.

That's because if you do, they get spooked and leave in a hurry. It can feel like they're being put on the spot, which is VERY uncomfortable. Throwing out the occasional general greeting is fine ("hi guys", etc), but individual ones, avoid unless it's a reg who likes to be greeted first.
Oh my god, THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I've honestly never heard anyone say that and it makes so much sense. Most of the advice I've read has been the exact opposite, so I always greet people individually by name if the room is small enough. But maybe that explains why I had suuuuch a hard time keeping viewers in my room on CB, no matter what I did. Next time I decide to try broadcasting I'll change my strategy. I thought I was being friendly and outgoing, but tbh as someone with social anxiety I actually 100% get how that could make people uncomfortable.

I work on MFC and I pretty much always thank those who compliment me, or make a joke about it if it's a strange compliment. Depending on the compliment depends on how much I will interact with them, but it doesn't take me much to say thank you. The only time I might miss it is if there is a lot of chat. Though usually I'll take it as an opportunity to talk to a new person, for some it's an ice breaker. For others it's what they think excuses them from tipping.

I wouldn't say that MFC is necessarily less boring than Chaturbate. I've only worked on MFC, and I've never had a low or even average camscore. But I have had situations when the room is boring, and I can see that the majority of rooms on MFC do get very boring! I went onto cammunity the other day, and I'm not going to lie, if I didn't have regulars who came to hang out with me I would have been so bored. My room numbers were higher than some models on MFC. So yes, I think MFC can be VERY dull for probably the majority of models. On the other hand, if MFC goes well for you it is great fun!

I will second that even if regulars come into the room I will rarely greet them by name before they've publicly spoken, sometimes they're lurking a bit and that's ok. I know they'll chat when they're ready and that if they're not talking in the room there's a reason for it. If you do it to randoms they tend to get very weirded out!

Honestly I think I'm gonna check out MFC because Chaturbate seems to be really boring half the time !

I am a new webcam model and only have experience with MFC. I haven't even explored CB, not even to watch what models on that site are doing. But MFC, from all my gathered knowledge, word from other models and members and my own experience, gives off that more laid-back, "chatty" personality-driven vibe, opposed to straight sex appeal and immediate sexual gratification like CB or something. Granted, both are camming sites, where the model will be doing fapping shows or showing goods to the guys that are in their room (unless you're a non-nude model) and both are treated as such, however for some reason MFC is just more, idk, friendly and more involved with the members? I could be completely wrong because like I said I don't cam on CB, this is just my experience and what I've heard. But no matter what, there will always be "boring" models. Some can keep quiet and get flooded with tokens, while others have to work hard on their "cam personality" to keep their room fun. It all depends on that model! And trust me, there are plenty of those "bored" models on MFC haha

It's tricky to find a balance but I never EVER ever just lay there. I'm always,talking,flashing,dancing,engaging,flirting,messaging,touching myself,etc. Especially as a new person you can't get away with much slacking.

I respond to compliments as much as I can so long as it's not intrusive or distracting to my show. Or instead of saying thank you a bunch of times I'll use their compliment in conversation. Pay attention to WHO is giving the compliment,on CB you can tell who spends tokens by their username color. I talk to greys when it's slow.

Also as a brand new model-50 people in your room is ALOT. Even once you've been on for awhile having about that many guys in a room can be great if you have even just a few good tippers/do a lot of privates. I had 800 guys once and didn't make shit,some days I have 30 guys and make $100/hr.

Oh my god, THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I've honestly never heard anyone say that and it makes so much sense. Most of the advice I've read has been the exact opposite, so I always greet people individually by name if the room is small enough. But maybe that explains why I had suuuuch a hard time keeping viewers in my room on CB, no matter what I did. Next time I decide to try broadcasting I'll change my strategy. I thought I was being friendly and outgoing, but tbh as someone with social anxiety I actually 100% get how that could make people uncomfortable.

Omfg I totally figured this out the hard way. I think guys feel put on the spot if you greet them by name because they are most likely browsing and trying to choose a room to settle in to. Regulars like to be greeted by name for the most part because it affirms that you recognize and remember them to some degree. But I'm talking repeat regulars who you get to know not guys that have popped in a few times (although they are potential regulars).

In my opinion chaturbate is easier to start out on and then work your way up to MFC because of their camscore system.

Im going to echo not calling out to purples or premiums the second they come into the room. As someone with experience, it tends to scare the guys off and they bolt.

A big thank you to all the ladies who pointed this out, that makes total sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.