AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Songs That Make Puddles Form In Your Eyes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anglais

"Holocene" by Bon Iver, yo. It's a beautiful song from start to finish but the line "...and I was not magnificent" just fucking slays me. It's devastating :( It speaks to being less than what was expected of you, less than what you'd hoped for yourself, and being acutely aware of the distinctly unremarkable nature of your own existence :icon-cry:

This live version of "Maybe" by Janis Joplin. The bit at 3:30 or so. The raw emotion etched on her face as she reaches for notes that her voice probably wasn't supposed to be able to reach, and the sincerity with which she laces each and every word.
Also notable about this video - the horn section: a white James Brown, a hippie and a black dood with the world's coolest afro. And the dood who does the intro: at 21 seconds he starts dancing even though there's no music playing yet and it's awesome.

There's a few different versions of "Feel Like Going Home" knocking around but this is my favourite. Charlie Rich recorded this one less than a year before he died and while it's not as desolate or as haunting as earlier versions (it's repurposed as a gospel song and takes on an almost celebratory tone) it's essentially an old dood looking back on his life with nothing but regret ("Everything I done was wrong and I feel like going home") and embracing his own death :(

Also, this one by Torres :icon-cry:

I second both "Landslide" and "Songbird" :thumbleft:
I would also add this live version of "Rhiannon", if only for the last minute or so. From 4:30 onwards, Nicks just kinda goes balls to the wall and there's so much emotion pouring out of her that she starts to physically shake.

I know it's been beat to death but the first time I heard "Someone Like You" by Adele on the radio...I was driving in the car-and I'm not an easy cryer and I was hysterical- Stating the obvious but It's such a heartbreaking song for that person that things never worked out with...but you never developed ill feelings for, and still think like- hey oh well maybe....another time and place....
but nope!.... too late they're married!...time to go cry about it....ughhhh I avoided it the entire time it was popular. And still won't listen to it unless I'm just looking for tears lol

Right when the very first few notes of this song play, I can feel my nose tingling. By the time he says, "Would it be the same?" I'm a mess. Right now. I'm a mess.

There's a reason it has this effect. :) I typed it out, but it sounds like a pity party. LOL. :violin:

http://youtu.be/JxPj3GAYYZ0

PS: How do you embed YouTube videos in BBCode?

A weepy music thread? I AM SO ON BOARD FOR THIS.

This next one makes me baww because "the one that got away" etc etc etc

AlainaFox said:
This next one makes me baww because "the one that got away" etc etc etc

I also have one from a Patrick Fugit film :-D

This one's from Almost Famous, which I think is my favourite film in the world ever and it fills me with warm fuzzies every time I watch it and I just really love this song that plays at the airport as Penny Lane disappears from William Miller's life, having irrevocably changed it for the better :icon-cry:

Also...

Sigur Ros makes me nostalgic for something I can't pinpoint. It's heartbreaking to hear their songs. And the words don't even matter, since I don't speak Icelandic.

If you've never listened to Paul Baribeau, check him out on youtube. He has the most unique arrangements of lyrics, and simple acoustic style. He screams some words and his voice breaks.

Olafur Arnalds is a modern composer. This song accompanied by this video is next level beautiful. I put on playlists of his music during cryfests. Check him out.

AwesomeKate said:

Sigur Ros makes me nostalgic for something I can't pinpoint. It's heartbreaking to hear their songs. And the words don't even matter, since I don't speak Icelandic.

It's actually a made up language, awesomely enough. Apparently they wanted their music to be universal and for the themes of their songs to be conveyed through the music as opposed to the lyrics. So they made up a language :-D

Reactions: SeductiveGeek
This popped up on my drive home today, it gets me everytime

Vic Chesnutt - Rabbit Box

Reactions: Meoff_69
Meoff_69 said:
Without a doubt...this! It always reminds me of a friend of mine that I lost to suicide in 2005. He was a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thumbs up on the John Prine. He covers a lot of emotions... he can be sad, happy, or just plain goofy. I was going to post this one here before as one of my favorite puddle-formers, and now you've prompted me to do it:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gvma2DBDmmc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this lament for the passing of an era and the loss of simpler times always does it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.