AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2017
As we all know, the mood in our room is best set by the songs you listen to. What are your songs of choice? Do you guys have special playlists for special moments, or do you play songs randomly? Do you focus on a specific music genre, or do you prefer to play very different songs?

I wrote a short blog on the topic, and I'm curious to hear your opinions.
https://adleyfair.com/post/93236/favorite-music-genre

Interesting! I always thought you should keep to a minimum in playing copyrighted content as music?

But if I’m listening to something I need something with energy. 90’s and 80’s pop music mostly and some 50’s and 60’s too

Depends on what I'm doing at the time during my show. Usually I will start off with mellow music, I'f I'm about to do a show (or just dancing and having shots:giggle:), it will be more lively music, usually a house, dance or disco party mix. Or current r&b and hip-hop. Like @Adley Fair, I never used to like house, but it's grown on me recently, and seems to be really popular in my room. After the show, I like to end on a mellow note again, usually with some classic jazz, old school R&B, acoustic, reggae, or classical. They are just my personal favourites :). You could always search for playlists such as the current global charts, for more a varied vibe, hopefully catering to more of your viewers. Spotify is great for finding ready made playlists! Never had an issue with playing copyrighted content, but I remember something about that on CB. I think they mute your videos uploaded if you have any sort of music in the background, due to copyright reasons, but not sure about during live shows.

I always play music I know and love because it tends to make me smile and have way better of a time, and people can tell. I like to play music that's kind of sexual too to get me in the mood, hehe.

-I love EDM but try to limit it to the tame stuff (no dubstep, trance etc).
-Hip hop makes me feel sexy and energized but I try to avoid anything with offensive lyrics, can be distracting
-R&B
-Funk/rock/jam bands are always good

Here was my camming playlist from today:
Gold-Chet Faker; Sex With Me-Rihanna; Closer-Nine Inch Nails; Bad For You-Pigeons Playing Ping Pong; OMG-Usher; Sumthin'-Gramatik; Bits and Pieces-BoomBox; Bad-Wale ft. Tiara Thomas; Love on the Brain-Rihanna; Rise-The Russ Liquid Test; How Do You Want It- 2pac; Only Yesterday-Pretty Lights; Cherry Waves-Deftones

I get a lot of compliments and people asking what I'm listening to :) I ask my snapchat club for music suggestions too sometimes. I feel like the majority of MFC viewers are older and into classic rock and that sort of thing... I would love to start playing some more stuff that my viewers already know and enjoy. Feel free to share your sexy classic rock song suggestions!

I have a playlist that my viewers have view access to called the "Brat Pack Playlist" and it's ALL OVER THE PLACE haha. I have a lot of jokesters that come into my room so there's some funny songs but then people will give me sensual songs to dance to. There's also some 80's new wave, rock, and old school hip hop in there too.
I try to cater to everyone and give options for people to skip the song too just incase an annoying songs pops up when I'm doing a show.
My guests love it and feel very connected with it.

Reactions: Ryuki22
I play whatever I enjoy. The music sounds a bit distorted to them, anyway. Whatever keeps you bubbly and entertained...they're paying a lot more attention to your attitude and expressions.

Reactions: angieivy
For me personally...

I'm into rock and alternative. Love the stuff, play it often in my room. I could listen to Fall Out Boy, Weezer, Nirvana, and Skillet until the cows come home.

I know that some people aren't into that. So I have some of my fave pop artists too (Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, Halsey) on a playlist and playing. Better for my below average sexy moves (headbanger here, not hip shaker). With a wide array of music its more likely that my chatters go "hey, I love this song!". Its an opportunity for me to strike up a lively conversation. Hooray for variety. When its quiet, I'm normally having a personal concert with my off key mumbled words :D. Or rocking out.... because Fall Out Boy, Nirvana, and Skillet. If I dont enjoy the music playing then its a shittastic time for everyone else.

Reactions: HotRod556
I listen to a lot of synthwave and YouTube autoplay. If I'm doing songs, I start out with like Paramore or Toto-Africa (my fav song) and let YouTube take me down the rabbit hole

Reactions: Ryuki22
i've made good impressions in my room for my taste for 30's swing (especially cab calloway), french house, r&b, video game sound tracks, and witch house, to name a few of my favourite genres.

I love to throw on some old-school Rockabilly! Always seems to fit the 'mood' of my shows pretty well. I feel that it hearkens to this Southern, masculine, 'working class'/blue-collar sensibility that fits my model persona perfectly.

If I put on the music I generally listen to for leisure, I don't think it would fare very well. Joanna Newsom doesn't exactly work well when you're doing muscle-shows and acting all 'macho'; experimental/noise music is not what my fans want to get off too either lol.

I mean, imagine masturbating to John Cage or Cornelius Cardew or something. Yeahhh

Rockabilly it is.

If anyone is interested in some excellent pop-house music, check out Stephane Pompougnac's 'Hotel Costes' compilations. Very classy house music right there. I could see that being really nice for some of the female models.

I love to mix it up depending on how I’m feeling. If I’m in a chill mood I’ll play lo-fi hip hop or just instrumental guitar tracks. Lately I can’t stop listening to the new Khruangbin album, Con Todo el Mundo, but honestly I love all of their stuff. Sometimes I play hip hop/rap when I’m in the mood to twerk and shake my butt in front of the cam :smuggrin:

I have two playlist that I use. One is basically 90's hip hop and the other is a mix of jazzy instrumental hip hop. Surprisingly people often comment on the music, I guess because it goes well with my personality. I think anything that sets a good vibe is good based on your personality

I used to do the whole shy innocent young virgin thing last year and everytime this song came on I would laugh on the inside :haha: It did tend to work though

Reactions: Puffin
Do you all think music affects your clientele? I thought about it because I'm not sure how I'd react to watching a great show with music playing that I don't really enjoy. I suppose it really shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but considering I've been complemented on my music I wonder how much it changes the overall experience for those watching.

I usually play K-pop or K-rap lately, but I will also listen to Tinashe, some House music, Alternative Rock, really it just depends on my mood. There was a good three months where I only listened to latino music in my room.

Reactions: Lunasha
industrial, gothic/darkwave, metal, and trip hop usually. I have a long playlist of songs that I think are sexy and mellow. Usually downtempo stuff. The metal I play tends to be slower and symphonic. I'm working on a fetish themed playlist right now.

My husband and I have different music tastes...and he puts on what he likes during our stream which kind of sucks because my music makes me feel good...his doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.