AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Spam gifs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2022
The room I moderate for has been targetted a lot recently by bots posting spam gifs in the chat. These are just gifs showing a URL for various scammy cam sites. Whenever this happens I report the GIF as spam, report the user as a spammer, then silence them. It's a pain in the arse though, and they're quite distracting to the model.

Other than banning gifs completey, is there much else we can do about it? She does have an anti-spam bot that does a reasonable job at removing text spam, but with the gifs it seems they've found a way around it.

• Wat?!
Reactions: babykalina
The room I moderate for has been targetted a lot recently by bots posting spam gifs in the chat. These are just gifs showing a URL for various scammy cam sites. Whenever this happens I report the GIF as spam, report the user as a spammer, then silence them. It's a pain in the arse though, and they're quite distracting to the model.

Other than banning gifs completey, is there much else we can do about it? She does have an anti-spam bot that does a reasonable job at removing text spam, but with the gifs it seems they've found a way around it.
I sent you a PM here with a bot that blocks the gifs as well as text based spam.

Reactions: picklepants
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Dorothy's Ultra Fembot (Section 4J -- answer/captcha Greys to Dark Purples in order to post text or/and CB Library Images).

The link you provided to Dorothy's UltraApp is applicable only to the latter part of your post ("also has another app...").
Didn't have links for both versions when I posted earlier.

There are many useful apps to use and why having a mod at times can help models keep chat clean of them, but some always get threw.

There is an option to only allow set levels to post gif, all, tippers, mods, fans etc.

But spammers/those wanting to advertise will always work around things. Have seem them tip to bypass things, post there lines till kicked. Post wait timers, captcha and spam apps all help, sadly they will always find away around things if determined enough.

Upvote 0
On CB, chat-captchas are pretty much a "chocolate-firewall" (easily thwarted). I'd still recommend it as a first-pass hurdle, though, especially for those allowing Greys to chat.

Using time-locked chat is annoying for the real users affected and will be ultimately ineffective against spam-accounts that hang around for long periods with repetitive posts (or that leave, post elsewhere, then cycle back to the room after the time-lock has expired).

Even restricting graphics to tippers, which CB chat-settings and most apps/bot quantify as only 1 token tipped, can be thwarted by some spambots/hacked tokened-accounts or human-spammers.

Using a live chat-moderator is reactive instead of proactive/preventative (spam is seen first then removed upon Silencing), and moderators are not perfect and can cause headaches for the model but is better than letting spam pollute the chat.

Another proactive option is using a bot that offers more graphics control options: tipped 25+, 50+, 100+; Fan Club; Nice List/Whitelist; or only Moderators.

In addition to graphics-specific restrictions, it is preferable to use a bot which also incorporates Grey to Dark Purple message-checking for advertisement wording, model self-promotion phrases, web-links, email addresses, and phone/text/SMS/WhatsApp numbers.

In the end, each CB Broadcaster has to decide for themselves what their own tolerance-level is for spam/advertising and other offending messages, then employ solutions that can help them achieve the chat-decorum that they desire.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure she runs that Dorothy Ultra Fembot app anyway, and I see there are some limited controls on posting gifs (below). I think the app suggested by darthro should remove most of the spam I was seeing, which is presumably being posted by bots, and then maybe setting /graphiclevel 2 will also help in case there are any that are somehow able to get past the capcha. I don't think any of the spammers had tipped during the stream. The spam gifs have suddenly become a big nuisance over the last week or so.

1. /graphiclevel [x] (also /gl): set graphic level where x = 0-4
    0 = All users can post gifs
    1 = Only users with tokens can post gifs
    2 = Only users who have tipped can post gifs
    3 = Only users who have tipped the configured minimum number of tokens can post gifs
    4 = Only mods, fans, and VIPs can post gifs

Upvote 0
Beyond Grey accounts, most spam will come from Light Blue accounts, the majority of which will have a 0-1 token balance (very unlikely to tip). Spam posts from these accounts will either be only text (containing a website-link) or only an image (the image displays the website-link), while some will include both (text and image).

To combat the above spam issue, some chat-bots incorporate a setting to prevent both Greys and Light Blues from posting graphics or/and from posting at all (unless they've tipped) while allowing Dark Blues and above to chat and post images even if they have not tipped (Fembot does not have this option in either its Silence Level or Graphic Level). And, further, these settings are not "challenge" based (like the captcha method of the v2 app Ad Blocker mentioned by darthro) and cannot be circumvented. These distinctions, I believe, are worthy of pointing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: picklepants
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.