AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2011
Brazil
Tumblr Username
thingsrodrydigs
MFC Username
MrRodry
kCokOcu.jpg

A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). Directed by J.J. Abrams.

lGfBff2.jpg

I'm excited too and I think it has potential to break some money grossing records but I wonder if it's going to make a impact in pop culture like the first trilogy did.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Looks awesome. Watched it in the stockroom at work earlier, five grown men huddled over an iPhone, waiting impatiently for it to load. It just looks like Star Wars. Which is something the prequels rarely ever did. At least not the Star Wars I grew up with. This does, and that's definitely a good thing.

I don't know how it's going to be, but now that it's with Disney rather than Lucas it may turn around. I at least certainly hope so!

ThunderWeasel said:
X-Wings & the Falcon in flight = OH YEAH. The oddball Sith saber = huh? The beachball astromech = WTF? ARE YOU JOKING?

I will ignore everything and go see it when it comes out. Interstellar turned out to be awesome, as did Guardians of the Galaxy, there is hope that good movies are still possible.

ThunderWeasel said:
X-Wings & the Falcon in flight = OH YEAH. The oddball Sith saber = huh? The beachball astromech = WTF? ARE YOU JOKING?

I thought it was a soccer ball the first time I saw it.

I didnt see the trailer yet, but my boyfriend was watching it earlier and I got excited just knowing that it sounded like the old star wars lol

I had it in my head that disney was going to change absolutely everything about it and make it awful.

AnabelleLeigh said:
I didnt see the trailer yet, but my boyfriend was watching it earlier and I got excited just knowing that it sounded like the old star wars lol

I had it in my head that disney was going to change absolutely everything about it and make it awful.

I saw poon in a Disney movie about 30 years ago. I have a lot of faith in their ability to write and execute good stories without compromise.

ThunderWeasel said:

Well, JJ Abrahams is a bit of a geek, so some of his stuff has some science-backed approaches to it.. For example, the beachball mech is based on some tests of non-standard robot shapes that are intended to work better on sandy environments; in fact, a ball was one of the potential designs to be used for exploration of Mars due to its sandy surface. The saber with side bits? It can help protect the saber owner's hand by cutting whatever is coming their way (or holding it back), like traditional swords had a cross-guard.

As for the trailer.. Well, meh. Give me a trailer for a new series of Battlestar Galactica or Stargate and I'll be happy. Star Wars , not so much, as it's a given that it would happen any day.

Concept art from the new film:

- a character called the graverobber (I'm guessing it's the Sith that has the sword with the pommel in the trailer)
- destroyed AT-AT walker used as some sort of base
- chewy with a cyborg hand

Attachments

• Grave-Robber-II-615x402.jpeg
    Grave-Robber-II-615x402.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Grave-Robber-I-615x370.jpeg
    Grave-Robber-I-615x370.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 153
  • AT-AT-Base-and-pod-junker-615x280.jpeg
    AT-AT-Base-and-pod-junker-615x280.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Chewbacca-Cybernetic-Arm-405x500.jpeg
    Chewbacca-Cybernetic-Arm-405x500.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 155
Kind of a gossipy article - with a really exploitive title - but, I think, relevant to the topic.

George Lucas is just not that into you, J.J. Abrams

The movie trailer for director J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is on pace to become the most-watched preview of all time online — with up to a reported 72 million views in one week. But one person who hasn’t seen the trailer?
George Lucas.

The original “Star Wars” creator astonishingly told Page Six when we asked him what he thought of Abrams’ 88-second teaser that’s managed to dominate popular culture, “I don’t know anything about it. I haven’t seen it yet.”

When we further asked Lucas why he hasn’t seen the clip, he explained, “Because it’s not in the movie theater. I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there.
“I plan to see it when it’s released.”

The trailer was in fact shown in 30 North American theaters over Thanksgiving weekend by the Regal Entertainment, AMC, Cinemark and Carmike Cinemas chains. But if Lucas meant he’ll see the film when it is released, he’ll be waiting until a whole year from now.

A year ago, Lucas’ son, Jett Lucas, said in an interview that his dad, who’s credited as a creative consultant on the new film, was “constantly talking to J.J.,” and that “J.J. was handpicked.” But when we asked Lucas if he was curious to see what Abrams has done with the new “Star Wars,” Lucas said, “Not really.”

Among the countless YouTube spins on Abrams’ trailer, Funny or Die posted a video imagining Lucas’ unhappy reaction to the teaser.

Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion in 2012, adding the “Star Wars” franchise, which had been wholly owned by Lucas, to its stable.

Jett said his dad was “very torn on the matter” of selling, and was working on his own new “Star Wars” films before the sale to Disney. He directed the last three “Star Wars” movies, from 1999 to 2005, after directing the 1977 original, and was an executive producer on all films in the franchise, until now. The newest was written by Abrams with Lawrence Kasdan.

Lucas spoke to us at Bloomberg Businessweek’s 85th anniversary, which he attended with his wife, DreamWorks Animation chairwoman Mellody Hobson.
Source

MrRodry said:
Kind of a gossipy article - with a really exploitive title - but, I think, relevant to the topic.

Source
That article's the kind of trash journalism that makes you never want to read anything any journalist writes ever again.

Reactions: MrRodry
I had heard they were using muppets... Of course, that means real tiny ball droid, too. I was thinking that thing might be too unstable to be real, but I guess not. which is awesome as hell

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Ever since seeing Star Wars at a drive in at the tender age of 7, I was hooked. My Younger brother (10 years younger) and his kids have also been corrupted and are constantly bombarded with Star Wars imagery. His 7 yo son loves to come over to my house so we can sit side by side and play SW:TOR together. He's also watched all of the films and owns every Lightsaber, except Darth Mauls, which he is getting for Christmas.

So, I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and can't wait for the next chapter. I'm, in all likelihood again in the minority, but I have loved all the films. For me I take into consideration the privilege of being invited into Georges imagination, something he put his blood sweat and tears into and in turn deserves recognition for bringing this story to the screen. Yes, the acting was crap, and certain characters were annoying, and unfortunately there were Aussie actors (and our accents) involved, but, putting that aside, it's the story that's the most important thing and I finally got to see the whole Anakin/Darth arc.

As to this trailer, I couldn't wait to put on the big screen with the sound pumping. Dog & Cat bolting from the room when the voice over announced an Awakening(I spent plenty of time apologising to the animals afterwards). I was in heaven. Then the X-Wings appeared on screen flying low over the water, and the goosebumps arrived. And finally the ears being bombarded with the Star Wars theme as the Millennium Falcon made appearance..... WOW (cross post, this made me go WOW).

I watched it, and watched it, and am pumped.

One of the standouts for me was that both scenes involving fighter craft were set planet side rather than in the deep darkness of space.

I can't believe there has been flack about a 'black' Stormtrooper.

Oh, and in case you missed it, they have harkened back to the 70's with the revealing of the names of those who appeared on screen.

http://www.mania.com/star-wars-force-awakens-character-names-revealed_article_141017.html

Reactions: Gen
So, the video of the BB-8 ball droid on stage is dark evil magicks. His head is not attached! it's so confusing. I mean, it's pretty obviously some kind of gyroscopic thing with magnets and rollers, but still, dark magicks

Fans at San Diego Comic-Con’s Hall H were treated to a special look behind the scenes of Star Wars:The Force Awakens by director J.J. Abrams, producer and Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and writer Lawrence Kasdan. The filmmakers were joined on stage by cast members Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford to the surprise and delight of fans.

At the end of the Hall H presentation, the entire Hall H audience of more than 6,000 fans were all invited to continue the celebration and join cast and filmmakers at a surprise Star Wars Fan Concert. The San Diego Symphony performed the classic Star Wars music from John Williams at the Embarcadero Marina Park South.

NEW STAR WARS '360' VIDEO LETS YOU FLY THROUGH JAKKU ON REY'S SPEEDER

Today, Facebook rolled out interactive 360-degree videos. Disney celebrated the launch with an driveable scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The video (watch it here) puts you in the seat of a speeder flying across the deserts of Jakku–the planet with the crashed Star Destroyer shown at the beginning of thesecond Star Wars teaser.

(...)

When watching the video, you can click the screen and drag around to view different parts of the environment. The video takes you past crashed starships and alongside other characters on speeder bikes.

At around the 47 second mark, you can clearly hear BB-8 chirping in the background.
The Star Wars Facebook page confirmed that the speeder belongs to Rey, one of the film's main characters.

The video was created by the ILM Experience Lab–a new group formed in June dedicated to creating experiences in VR, augmented reality, and more.

More info at the source. A video with some easter eggs from this promo.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Status
Not open for further replies.