AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New poster & trailer.

RKPWQBw.jpg

Could we be seeing some Mandalorians in The Force Awakens? Maybe even Fett!

Attachments

• mando.jpg
    mando.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: MrRodry
I am going to say this now...its going to be fucking AWESOME!
I saw the new BB-8 toy...and yes I want one...chase my neighbors cat with it.
All the kids will want one because its the new C3-P0 and EVERYONE loved that little bugger.

The story looks good...its got Oscar Isaac in it. Abrams knows how to direct...its going to be good.
Yup I am going to geek it up hard when it comes out :)

Apparently it beat the record for movie ticket presales by more than 8x! (Previously was Hunger Games) And they're projecting it will have the greatest opening weekend ever. I got my tickets and I'm stoked!!!!!

I'm keeping my expectations low. I don't want it to turn into another episode 1 :p I had very high hopes, huge expectations, and was totally let down (yeah, it wasn't great but still) AND because JJ Abrams is helming this... and I highly dislike what he did with Star Trek, and do not wish the same treatment on STar Wars

I'm keeping my expectations low. I don't want it to turn into another episode 1 :p I had very high hopes, huge expectations, and was totally let down (yeah, it wasn't great but still) AND because JJ Abrams is helming this... and I highly dislike what he did with Star Trek, and do not wish the same treatment on STar Wars

Low expectations is good (I think I will do that too)... The prequel stuff really messed me all up in the membrane. All I know is I have chills up my spine when watching the trailers. OMG...But not getting excited or thinking this is a big deal is a good game plan. :)

Low expectations is good (I think I will do that too)... The prequel stuff really messed me all up in the membrane. All I know is I have chills up my spine when watching the trailers. OMG...But not getting excited or thinking this is a big deal is a good game plan. :)

Agreed, I have avoided everything except the trailers. For episode 1 I gobbled every bit of information and it ruined it. My expectations were so high that it was a let down.

I do still enjoy it on some level, but it was definitely the worst.

I'm really enjoying Harrison Ford in the trailers though. He definitely seems to be taking to the wise mentor role.

Well, JJ Abrahams is a bit of a geek, so some of his stuff has some science-backed approaches to it.. For example, the beachball mech is based on some tests of non-standard robot shapes that are intended to work better on sandy environments; in fact, a ball was one of the potential designs to be used for exploration of Mars due to its sandy surface. The saber with side bits? It can help protect the saber owner's hand by cutting whatever is coming their way (or holding it back), like traditional swords had a cross-guard.

As for the trailer.. Well, meh. Give me a trailer for a new series of Battlestar Galactica or Stargate and I'll be happy. Star Wars , not so much, as it's a given that it would happen any day.

Apart from the second half of season 4 of BSG re-imagined, that was a good show, but yeah, if they ever go back to BSG, hopefully they won't try to re-imagine the second series from the original show from 1979 :)

I am not posting spoilers, but I got to see it today. I was hoping for more, but at least it is better than the prequels.

No spoilers as well, but certain aspects made me consider Episode one being better...*sigh*

Huge applause for the live props though. They were glorious. For once in a long time it didn't feel like effects were more comparable to white noise or internet ads . Sorry I hate CGI.

Last edited:
I really liked the movie. There were parts of it that were kind of weak and I felt like I wasn't really watching a Star Wars movie, but over all it was pretty good. I saw it in 3D and it made the battle scenes look cooler. Everyone is all about Kylo Ren on the internet, but I wasn't really that fond of him. I'm not going share why just yet.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10. J.J Abrams delivered. I had my hopes set pretty high cus the trailers were awesome and I wasn't let down.

I unabashedly loved it! It felt very classic Star Wars to me. Loved all the new characters (Kylo Ren a little less). I got overwhelmed and cried four times, haha. The feels!

Mostly I'm very glad I got to see it with a big crowd, our theatre was cheering & getting really into it. I love collective excitement!

I am not posting spoilers, but I got to see it today. I was hoping for more, but at least it is better than the prequels.

I agree. It's a great movie that has brought back the feeling of wonder and excitement to the franchise. I have a couple of pet peeves with certain plot decisions but hopefully they will be exposed at the right time in the future.

Reactions: Moonsunit and Gen
I feel it had a very classic Star Wars feel to it, but without some of the slightly cheesy, over-the-top seriousness. (Which I loved, though. I mean... I live and breathe Star Wars)

No spoilers, but I do have a question... is the expanded universe considered canon?

Reactions: Gen and Moonsunit
I was Born in 1978 just to give a time/age frame . Loved StarWars 4, 5, & 6. Disliked 1, 2, & 3. I think I disliked 1, 2, & 3 because I was expecting to be brought back to my childhood and wasn't. I feel that 7 did have a classic feel to it with some parts that were just meh.

Reactions: OhOlivia and Gen
No spoilers, but I do have a question... is the expanded universe considered canon?

No. The EU has been completely axed, which is hard to embrace for me. So there are characters that, say, died in the EU but are still here in TFA. Some plot ideas in TFA were heavily borrowed from some of the EU events, but they changed enough to not just be re-telling EU books.

Reactions: Gen
More info at the source. A video with some easter eggs from this promo.

a reaver type speeder barge? someone doesn't know their lore, it looks like the sand boat from return of the jedi that jaba used

I was Born in 1978 just to give a time/age frame . Loved StarWars 4, 5, & 6. Disliked 1, 2, & 3. I think I disliked 1, 2, & 3 because I was expecting to be brought back to my childhood and wasn't. I feel that 7 did have a classic feel to it with some parts that were just meh.
I was 9 when Star Wars came out and saw it with my parents. It was the movie that got me into sci-fi.

Reactions: Gen and Moonsunit
I feel it had a very classic Star Wars feel to it, but without some of the slightly cheesy, over-the-top seriousness. (Which I loved, though. I mean... I live and breathe Star Wars)

No. The EU has been completely axed, which is hard to embrace for me. So there are characters that, say, died in the EU but are still here in TFA. Some plot ideas in TFA were heavily borrowed from some of the EU events, but they changed enough to not just be re-telling EU books.

The EU under Lucas only really had a quasi-canon status, stories were allowed to conflict and the movies could ignore them completely if George wanted, new universe canon isn't meant to be able to do that and should all tie up because of the story group.

When Disney came in they said that that going forward all new material would be canon (Not 100% true at Star Wars:Battlefront isn't but that's a multiplayer game as opposed to a game with a narrative, so I'm inclined to cut some slack on that), with the exception of the cartoons Star Wars: The Clone Wars & then later Star Wars: Rebels which are canon. Some novels and comics have now been added to the new canon.

Canon Books
Canon Comics
Canon Short Stories
Canon TV
Some video games will eventually end up canon but none yet

As for the old expanded universe content, it moves off in what is being referred to as the Legends Universe. Still fun to read but you have to consider it to be an alternate universe or little more than very well written fan fic. I fully expect them to cherry pick the best elements and make them canon in either the films or other medium. KotOR in film anyone ? :p

There is a weekly youtube show called Collider Jedi Council, that talks about the movies and currently canon, each one is around an hour and is good fun to watch.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MichaelToris
I was happy to have seen this movie purely for the nostalgic factor. It was really well done! My biggest con was that everything was so predictable for me. I felt like the moments they meant to shock you I already knew what was going to happen a full minute beforehand. I would love to see Daisy Ridley in more films outside of Star Wars! She was a nice fresh face and very enjoyable to watch.

So I just saw the movie today and let me tell you it lived up to all the hype. It was a well written story and unlike the original trilogy of movies and the prequels the actors were not being overdramatic (Yes, some of the movie tend to go that route, ex. Return of the Jedi with the Luke and Leia scene on Endor or the Padame confronting Anakin on the volcano planet during ep. 3) This was well acted and never went too over the top (well maybe some Finn scenes but that's it) A good mix of humor, drama, and near the end plenty of action. You'll be plenty surprized at the climax of the movie what happens but I won't say here, just go see it for yourself. It was almost a pretty nice throwback to the Ep. 4 but with enough new story to get you invested in the new characters.

Reactions: Gen
I made a Twitter poll because I'm curious who everyone's favourite new character was! If you want to vote (and see this before the poll expires, haha) here is a link to the poll :D

Status
Not open for further replies.