AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Starting over, who dis?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020
Hello! Thanks for reading.

Since starting as a cam model I have changed the way my room is ran and show types many times. Most of the time the changes resulted from simply figuring out which aspects of camming I liked and didn’t like. The most significant changes I’ve made involve limiting what acts I’ll do in public vs prvt. I’ve spent a lot of time reworking my bios and what not and I’m nervous that the changes have hurt my bottom line in a way I can’t recover from. I’ve taken a break from camming and now that I’m ready to get back to it I am considering starting over as a new model all together.

On the plus side this gives me a chance to develop a cam persona that more closely aligns with my goals (more fetish and kink work) and attract a customer base that knows and expects that. But I fear that I would be doing a disservice to the work I’ve put in so far to simply abandon my current platform and start out fresh. At the same time I know the changes I’ve made so far in addition to taking breaks from camming has led to anxiety because I feel pressured to meet the expectations of cu I’ve had (cause I do want that money). So I fantasize about tossing it all and focusing on attracting new cu with the content and experiences I want to provide now. Does this sound worthwhile? Has anyone else done a “fresh start” using your current platform and if so how did you create that? Am I over thinking or is it useful to flex this creative muscle? This would be on CB where I have quite a few followers....

I am just a user but I think it would depend mostly on how far from your current show your new persona would be?
Would it be a radical change or just some things? If users are used to somethings and they are tipping for those, but then you radically change to something else that is not what the users are into, obviously it will be bad - or could be, it could attract a lot more and better customers.

Maybe edge towards the new persona slowly? So your current users (if you have good regulars) can get used to it without even realising and then they will also enjoy it too.
I know for me, if a model ai really liked suddenly and drastically changed everything, I may run away or I may be wowed by it and love the new her. I mean, if she was your regular vanilla type model then suddenly one day I come and to find she has drastically changed to a dom, then yeah that would make me turn right around lol.

This is just my personal take, I am sure there are models who have done it successfully and can give a lot of good advice for it.

Reactions: Cinnalee1
I am just a user but I think it would depend mostly on how far from your current show your new persona would be?
Would it be a radical change or just some things? If users are used to somethings and they are tipping for those, but then you radically change to something else that is not what the users are into, obviously it will be bad - or could be, it could attract a lot more and better customers.

Maybe edge towards the new persona slowly? So your current users (if you have good regulars) can get used to it without even realising and then they will also enjoy it too.
I know for me, if a model ai really liked suddenly and drastically changed everything, I may run away or I may be wowed by it and love the new her. I mean, if she was your regular vanilla type model then suddenly one day I come and to find she has drastically changed to a dom, then yeah that would make me turn right around lol.

This is just my personal take, I am sure there are models who have done it successfully and can give a lot of good advice for it.
Thanks for the perspective. I don’t think it would be too drastic a change, and my main purpose is to attract new and better regulars. How do you respond to price changes from models? If charging more for a service I once charged less for is a general turnoff is it worth it to continue marketing to that crowd, I wonder.

For your own mental health, I think it's better to stay true to yourself. Do your shows in a way that matches your goals and mirrors what you want to showcase. You are absolutely going to loose guys, and things may be hard for a little while. But with hard work and perseverance you will replace your clientele with people that are in alignment with who you really want to be. That's worth more than tokens. Do what makes you happy in your shows. You're the one who has to live that reality day in and day out. Customers often come and go, but the real loyal ones will always stay because of you as a person. Not because you switched from "girl next door" to "dom" for example. Customers are replaceable, and you will find new ones soon enough. And you'll be happier for doing what you really want to do. Best of luck.

Thanks for the perspective. I don’t think it would be too drastic a change, and my main purpose is to attract new and better regulars. How do you respond to price changes from models? If charging more for a service I once charged less for is a general turnoff is it worth it to continue marketing to that crowd, I wonder.
I can only offer my perspective. If I really enjoy your room and you price changes will not be that big an issue, I understand that you need to make a living out of this. And hopefully your current regulars will understand your desire to reach a new crowd.

Are you considering changing sites, or staying on the same site?

I recently did this and it was a great move.

For your own mental health, I think it's better to stay true to yourself. Do your shows in a way that matches your goals and mirrors what you want to showcase. You are absolutely going to loose guys, and things may be hard for a little while. But with hard work and perseverance you will replace your clientele with people that are in alignment with who you really want to be. That's worth more than tokens. Do what makes you happy in your shows. You're the one who has to live that reality day in and day out. Customers often come and go, but the real loyal ones will always stay because of you as a person. Not because you switched from "girl next door" to "dom" for example. Customers are replaceable, and you will find new ones soon enough. And you'll be happier for doing what you really want to do. Best of luck.
Thanks this is great advice.

I am considering just changing names. But honestly changing platforms would not be a huge issue either.

I quit camming for a couple years, and switched sites. Whole new name, didnt retain any regulars and it was fantastic. (though you could certainly let your regs know, if you did)

If you prefer to keep explicit things in private, and want to do more specific fetish work, maybe try Streamate. I'm not sure where you cam now, but I find the pay-to-play model WAY better when it comes to fetish. Token sites need long, consistent hours and general appeal to build up a lot of viewers and regular tippers. on Streamate customers see a model list more tailored to their individual habits so you can more or less come and go as you like.

I hope I don't sound like I'm proselytizing for SM, I'm just really really happy having made this switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.