AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

STOP getting recorded on Chaturbate /Posted on websites without OK

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2020
A big problem my models are having is every minute of their public time on Chaturbate (CB) is being recorded and posted on a lot of sites without your authorization.

To see for yourself simply Google your screen name and I'm sorry to say you will see yourself on a lot of camsite recording pages. These are the sites that it's next to impossible to have your content removed.

However, I finally found out how to avoid this from happening.

In the Settings & Privacy Tab there's an option that says "APPEAR ON NETWORK SITES" This option places your stream on all the white label sites that get their feeds from CB. The problem is those sites are the ones recording and posting to these outside sites (very often the moment you sign off) to make extra money for which you do not get paid.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 6.40.28 PM.png
Under the check box option it says you'll get less viewers but there has been noticeable difference for my models since I unchecked that option for them all, but most importantly, there have been no unauthorized recordings popping up anyplace either, so I highly recommend it if you don't want every moment of your work to be seen by anyone in your life who you do not want seeing it and/or who are not paying you for it.

this doesnt prevent bots or any joe schmoe from screen capturing and posting elsewhere. that's to prevent CB's affiliates from using your stream for ads and whitelabels. most sites with affiliate programs allow you to opt-out of this.

i dont think this is a good idea because it will limit your traffic prospects. also affiliates deserve to get paid because they put in the effort to generate new traffic to the site. they get a percentage if someone signs up through their affiliate link or whitelabel and spends on a model. model is still making the same % she would normally.

Upvote 1
The white label sites provide almost no traffic. At least not to my models. Plus, there are at least 5 sites every moment of models shows are posted on where they earn nothing and everything is shown. My models would prefer not to be on the white label sites for the few viewers they may get in exchange for not having their entire shows posted every single day.

Sure, you're going to get the odd moron who records and posts too. but that is no where near as common as the white labels posting every minute of every show every day. 99.9% of the traffic that enters all of my models rooms come directly from CB. Not the white labels. So who cares about them when they're the ones posting content illegally every day?

Upvote 0
The white label sites provide almost no traffic. At least not to my models. Plus, there are at least 5 sites every moment of models shows are posted on where they earn nothing and everything is shown. My models would prefer not to be on the white label sites for the few viewers they may get in exchange for not having their entire shows posted every single day.

Sure, you're going to get the odd moron who records and posts too. but that is no where near as common as the white labels posting every minute of every show every day. 99.9% of the traffic that enters all of my models rooms come directly from CB. Not the white labels. So who cares about them when they're the ones posting content illegally every day?

You shouldn't make it appear that by doing that they prevent their shows being reposted though. Thousands of sites will do it every single day.

Its pretty pointless to worry about it since these types of sites are hosted overseas where copyright laws and DMCA laws can't be enforced.

Upvote 1
You shouldn't make it appear that by doing that they prevent their shows being reposted though. Thousands of sites will do it every single day.

Its pretty pointless to worry about it since these types of sites are hosted overseas where copyright laws and DMCA laws can't be enforced.
I have been watching the internet closely for all my models since I unchecked that option and there has not been 1 single recording posted of any of them since and they have all been doing well lately with tokens too. We all call that a win win.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
I have been watching the internet closely for all my models since I unchecked that option and there has not been 1 single recording posted of any of them since and they have all been doing well lately with tokens too. We all call that a win win.
So your short "reasearch" proves your theory to yourself, but DO NOT go around telling models to turn this option off because it WILL limit their exposure if they want to grow their room count and viewership.

Upvote 0
So your short "reasearch" proves your theory to yourself, but DO NOT go around telling models to turn this option off because it WILL limit their exposure if they want to grow their room count and viewership.
Your opinion. And like I said. I track where they come from. The 1 or 2 viewers that come from there are well worth not having all these girls exposed to so many pirate sites every day where they do not get paid. So you do what you want. You have 365 recordings of you in 365 days on 5 sites every day. That's your choice. But my models choose not to be out there when their friends and family may not know what they do for a living or they do not want to be seen like that especially when someone else if getting paid selling their videos.

Upvote 0
A big problem my models are having is every minute of their public time on Chaturbate (CB) is being recorded and posted on a lot of sites without your authorization.

To see for yourself simply Google your screen name and I'm sorry to say you will see yourself on a lot of camsite recording pages. These are the sites that it's next to impossible to have your content removed.

In the Settings & Privacy Tab there's an option that says "APPEAR ON NETWORK SITES" This option places your stream on all the white label sites that get their feeds from CB. The problem is those sites are the ones recording and posting to these outside sites (very often the moment you sign off) to make extra money for which you do not get paid.

View attachment 86946
Under the check box option it says you'll get less viewers but there has been noticeable difference for my models since I unchecked that option for them all, but most importantly, there have been no unauthorized recordings popping up anyplace either, so I highly recommend it if you don't want every moment of your work to be seen by anyone in your life who you do not want seeing it and/or who are not paying you for it.

White labels are white labels they don't record streams, they are just a customized version of CB. Sites that record are usually lazy and just grab the model list from the CB affiliate api but that is certainly not the only way they can grab model lists. the moment more and more models turn that feature off is the moment they simply switch methods. These sites from the estimates i've seen get about 6000-40000 visits a day, most of which (it is the majority right?) don't even give the public access to recordings without the viewer paying right?

So how much exposure could we really be talking about? If even 5% of CB's traffic is from affiliates thats 2 million per day (estimates of course) and lets be realistic here its pretty much guaranteed that percentage is significantly higher.

Your opinion. And like I said. I track where they come from. The 1 or 2 viewers that come from there are well worth not having all these girls exposed to so many pirate sites every day where they do not get paid. So you do what you want. You have 365 recordings of you in 365 days on 5 sites every day. That's your choice. But my models choose not to be out there when their friends and family may not know what they do for a living or they do not want to be seen like that especially when someone else if getting paid selling their videos.

Track where they come from how? My site is fairly popular on cb bios and even I have about 10% of external domain visits being from white label sites, hell theres 765 domains that linked to me in the last month and CB only has like what 15?

Upvote 0
Ive had my models asking or I ask them as the model (team viewer). On CB almost 100% of them are grey and they never buy tokens. That's why I don't really care. I also give the models the option of both but no one wants their stuff recorded and posted. So far I only know of 14 but I love CB hours. It's a great site for models and I love your stats.

Upvote 0
Because they work for me.

Interesting you wouldn't want to max profits and have a negative opinion on whitelabels/affiliate. I don't believe you.

Imo you sound like a overzealous moderator who does more harm then good.

Upvote 0
With no viewer, you won't be recorded at all :)

'Affliate sites' give you visibility, they are not the same sites as those who post pirate recordings.

Because they work for me.
No, they use your services, the same as you do not work for CB

Upvote 0
The big mass of recording sites are no affiliate sites. Sure, some affiliates keep some screenshots too but they'll delete when requested. The real pirate sites totally don't care about a cb setting.

This advice in the first post is bad advice in my opinion and might lead to a false feeling of safety.

Upvote 2
Upvote 0
This was all an observation I made and then choices made to avoid what I was describing. It was a problem for the models I work with and I found a solution for that particular issue. I was simply sharing my experience so if it was a problem for anyone else for the same reasons they would also know how to fix it. Of course everyone is free to do whatever they want. But at least they can make an informed decision about that one option to stop that one issue and then do as they please. I thought that's what this forum was about.

Upvote 0
If you don’t want recorded, stick to doing private based sites.

That’s the better advice, in my opinion.
You still risk being record, just not as much.

If they don't want people finding out about them camming, they shouldn't be camming at all.

Upvote 0
This was all an observation I made and then choices made to avoid what I was describing. It was a problem for the models I work with and I found a solution for that particular issue. I was simply sharing my experience so if it was a problem for anyone else for the same reasons they would also know how to fix it. Of course everyone is free to do whatever they want. But at least they can make an informed decision about that one option to stop that one issue and then do as they please. I thought that's what this forum was about.

Hi. Your solution is only an assumption. It is completely random coincidence that a model is not appearing on illegal hosting sites after you clicked that option. This is because that option doesn't work in the way you are assuming. It can not, does not, and will not work in this way because it simply is not coded to do what you think it does.

I have friends who average 500 users an hour, clients with much less, and I interact with others who have much more. They all get recorded, hosted, and sold without their permission. Sometimes I find things months later, other days within minutes of them going offline. Sometimes the scripts miss a day, a week, or even a month of capture and recording for "dark-net listed" hosting sites. Other times you see every post, from everyone, and each update from every cam site presented in a way that will astonish you (facial recognition and clip matching algorithms).

We are thankful for your testing, your information, and your results. Your results, however, are incorrect. Many users have pointed this out, then given you good advice, and you continue to refuse acknowledgement. You think you are correct when you are not, and you do not have any facts to back up your findings. Only your opinion and assumptions. My advice... say thank you and then move on. I do believe this discussion was over after the first few replies.

One actual solution that may work is setting your chat to go into CB's limit-cam (Ticket Show, Crazy Ticket, etc) every-so-often. It is believed that when a broadcast is inturrupted for a small mount of time (30 seconds - 1 minute) that the 'automatic capture scripts' move on to someone else, assuming that model has gone offline. There are 1 or 2 bots that address this directly. During this time your room will remain hidden from public viewers/current tippers, however, it is possible to set a message to the active video and another to chat. Something like "This room is currently blocking recording scripts. I will return in 1 minute". While this may not be ideal, it is one solution actively being tested by both coders and broadcasters with positive results.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One actual solution that may work is setting your chat to go into CB's limit-cam (Ticket Show, Crazy Ticket, etc) every-so-often. It is believed that when a broadcast is inturrupted for a small mount of time (30 seconds - 1 minute) that the 'automatic capture scripts' move on to someone else, assuming that model has gone offline. There are 1 or 2 bots that address this directly. During this time your room will remain hidden from public viewers/current tippers, however, it is possible to set a message to the active video and another to chat. Something like "This room is currently blocking recording scripts. I will return in 1 minute". While this may not be ideal, it is one solution actively being tested by both coders and broadcasters with positive results.
This might help with some of the really basic bots but there are more than a few public/open-source CB recording projects that will just stop recording when they notice a model has stopped streaming/gone private/limit-cam and continue monitoring for the model to come back online to pick up the recording all over again. At the end of the day there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about people that record shows at a large scale. I'm sure that is less than ideal for the models but to be fair, the people that are watching recorded shows are probably the same people who wouldn't tip a model anyway.

Upvote 0

View attachment 86946
Thank you!! I am having a serious issue with this along being blackmailed lol by ppl. Like i dont care if people know what Im doing but to think someone else is making a profit off of me is so disgusting. I just put the fear of god into girls do cam.com but just followed your instructions as well. Thank you

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Thank you!! I am having a serious issue with this along being blackmailed lol by ppl. Like i dont care if people know what Im doing but to think someone else is making a profit off of me is so disgusting. I just put the fear of god into girls do cam.com but just followed your instructions as well. Thank you
You are hurting yourself in the long run by turning off that. Also that site is probably an affiliate/white label since it's been created by webcamreviews.com. they also have a list of webcams whitelabels listed within their network. They are doing their job directing traffic, and deserve their revshare. If the site is blackmailing you, you need to contact chaturbate immediately with proof.

In the future don't send dmca's. Request the camsite to do it on your behalf.

Upvote 0
You are hurting yourself in the long run by turning off that. Also that site is probably an affiliate/white label since it's been created by webcamreviews.com. they also have a list of webcams whitelabels listed within their network. They are doing their job directing traffic, and deserve their revshare. If the site is blackmailing you, you need to contact chaturbate immediately with proof.

In the future don't send dmca's. Request the camsite to do it on your behalf.
I have no interest in gaining traffic from these sites. I understand your point however my life goal is not to be a cam model for 12 years. I do not use dildos, lushes people simply pay me to speak. I occasionally take my clothes off if paid to do so and will only do dirty things in paid privates. So I dont see how Im hurting myself. I amassed a solid number followers in about 5 days on there and only fans. I also plan on moving to twitch so yeah I really do not need this it will only hurt me in the future. Plus if they sell my content I want a paycheck ya know. Im not willing to work for free.

They also make 30% of what I make. On any other website, Fiverr, list goes on they take their 30% and call it a day. Im not trying to be rude but not everyone has the same agenda ya know. I dont need the traffic Im fine with what I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no interest in gaining traffic from these sites. I understand your point however my life goal is not to be a cam model for 12 years. I do not use dildos, lushes people simply pay me to speak. I occasionally take my clothes off if paid to do so and will only do dirty things in paid privates. So I dont see how Im hurting myself. I amassed a solid number followers in about 5 days on there and only fans. I also plan on moving to twitch so yeah I really do not need this it will only hurt me in the future. Plus if they sell my content I want a paycheck ya know. Im not willing to work for free.

They also make 30% of what I make. On any other website, Fiverr, list goes on they take their 30% and call it a day. Im not trying to be rude but not everyone has the same agenda ya know. I dont need the traffic Im fine with what I have.
Hurting yourself by losing traffic. Your room may slow down significantly and maybe harder to gain new audience after losing your new model status. But do what you want. Also affiliates deserve their revshare. They aren't selling your content but instead directing traffic to your room/page. Chaturbate pays them out for successfully advertising.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

So you dont need traffic so you're fine with 0 viewers. You got the traffic from the website in the first place by people allowing it to be used on whitelabels etc.. your logic makes no sense at all.

You're not willing to work for free yet others have to do it for free? Or at the expense rather of people allowing whitelabel usage. You dont need traffic, yet you need traffic to earn anything in the first place.

No damn sense

Upvote 0
You got the traffic from the website in the first place by people allowing it to be used on whitelabels etc
I think there may be a lot of folks, especially those new to the industry, that don't understand how this works.

This is why when someone comes here with the advice like OP shared, I try to shut it down pretty fast. If you disallow your stream from being on the affiliate/network sites you lose a big portion of the traffic that the site is striving to provide you. They provide traffic by using these networks and advertisements.

If you've already gained a dedicated loyal audience and need no more new users, then shutting it off works fine. But that's not really how most people operate. We depend on a constant influx of new viewers. It's a very fickle beast of a job. We are constantly just churning out old supporters for new ones to keep earning. We depend on flow to the site, and then to our room, to maintain this.

Upvote 1
I think there may be a lot of folks, especially those new to the industry, that don't understand how this works.

This is why when someone comes here with the advice like OP shared, I try to shut it down pretty fast. If you disallow your stream from being on the affiliate/network sites you lose a big portion of the traffic that the site is striving to provide you. They provide traffic by using these networks and advertisements.

If you've already gained a dedicated loyal audience and need no more new users, then shutting it off works fine. But that's not really how most people operate. We depend on a constant influx of new viewers. It's a very fickle beast of a job. We are constantly just churning out old supporters for new ones to keep earning. We depend on flow to the site, and then to our room, to maintain this.
Exaxtly this!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.