AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Straight Outta' Compton

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
Saw the movie last Friday and I have to say it was everything I was hoping it would be. Absolutely LOVED it!
And they couldn't have picked a better cast.

tumblr_nteuh97Td11r4u06ao1_540.png

Anyone else see the movie yet? If so, what did you think? Did it live up to your expectations?

I've been looking forward to this for the longest time! I haven't got to see it yet, but the trailer looks amazing. I'm interested in the commodification and appropriation of marginalised cultures, so this should be interesting.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Sevrin
I'm really looking forward to it. I was kinda disappointed to learn they cut a bunch of stuff from the script - the biggie being the scene depicting the time Dre assaulted a female reporter. I like the idea of it being an honest biopic that doesn't try to romanticise the shortcomings and mistakes of these real, flawed, talented people.

I went after work one day with my BFF who is in looovvve with Ice Cube (not weird at all considering he is old enough to be her grandfather...jk). We laughed, we cried, it was awesome! We both have very different tastes in movies. I like Scorsese and Billy Wilder films the most and she is into more current films with a fantasy element. We both really enjoyed it and had a conversation in the parking lot for half an hour on it.

We also now have something in common. She loves Ice Cube, I love his son, haha!

The last time I went to the movies was about four months ago when my son and I saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. Lol. I heard Straight Outta Compton was very good. Maybe I'll check it out when it's out on Redbox.

I'm really looking forward to it. I was kinda disappointed to learn they cut a bunch of stuff from the script - the biggie being the scene depicting the time Dre assaulted a female reporter. I like the idea of it being an honest biopic that doesn't try to romanticise the shortcomings and mistakes of these real, flawed, talented people.
Yeah I was disappointed that the movie didn't show the part when Dre assaulted Dee Barnes too. But I actually thought the movie gave a very fair and seemingly honest depiction of everyone portrayed in the movie. I'm of the opinion that Jerry Heller was "dirty" with his business dealings with them, yet he wasn't portrayed as a "monster" or at all demonized in the film. To me, it seemed as if they showed an equal amount of positive and negative things about everyone in the film (well, except for Suge Knight, I can't remember seeing one redeeming quality of him in the movie).

Yeah I was disappointed that the movie didn't show the part when Dre assaulted Dee Barnes too. But I actually thought the movie gave a very fair and seemingly honest depiction of everyone portrayed in the movie. I'm of the opinion that Jerry Heller was "dirty" with his business dealings with them, yet he wasn't portrayed as a "monster" or at all demonized in the film. To me, it seemed as if they showed an equal amount of positive and negative things about everyone in the film (well, except for Suge Knight, I can't remember seeing one redeeming quality of him in the movie).
I totally agree. The thing I found funny though is a good friend of mine was actually locked up in the same prison as Suge Knight. He said they talked a few times and he was surprised to find he was very polite and almost even sweet. Oh and he always walked the yard smoking expensive ass cigars. I chalk up the niceness to not wanting to do any more prison time, who knows.
But ANYWAYS, I thought the movie was pretty great and the casting was spectacular. My mom always played Ice Cube in the car when I was a kid, and the movie gave me a new respect of him as a lyricist and writer. Its the kinda movie I'd wanna show to people that tell me all rap is mindless garbage.

We also now have something in common. She loves Ice Cube, I love his son, haha!

Aha I do have to say that O'Shea Jackson Jr. is definitely a pretty handsome fellow, I thought the movie incredibly well done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.