AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate Crash August 2015

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VSage

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 2, 2014
Chicago
Hey there guys. I think the issue is still on-and-off again happening, but I wanted to start a support/information thread for models who have been affected by the inability to stream and start gold shows on there.

The issue started August 15th, with majority of models continuously being kicked off or unable to stream at all. The site sent all models one inbox message addressing the issues the same day and shared a few updates on their twitter pages streamate recruiting and streamate a few days after, but have not addressed any more issues or provided any support to the dozens of models that have reached out on the twitter page - including deleting posted comments. o_O Specifically on the twitter update that read "Our techs have reported stable conditions & issues should be resolved. If you encounter any further issues, pls be sure to message Support."

I love streamate and will continue to work on there, but during this stressful time I figured it would be good to reach out to those affected, especially if it is your only or main source of income. It would be great to have some documentation of what went on during this time by the models themselves. I haven't tried to get on since Saturday - I have been to anxiety ridden to and have seen many of my fellow cam models friends posting about issues.

I have confidence they will be resolved - hopefully sooner than later.

i was online today and i still had glitches.
i wasn't able to kick people out of my room and i was booted off like 4 times.
i had a couple of exlusives and they went fine no glitches there.
here is what happened before it booted me off. ( sorry for my face, but i was annoyed lol)
streamateglitchtuesday3pm.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: VSage
I plan to log on this afternoon and if I have any crashes or issues, I will screen shot and post as well. Thank you for sharing!

I know that streamate tries to be as helpful as it can, especially when hundreds of models email them in the same day, but I usually if not always have recieved "bot/pre-written" messages when I have sent anything in. *sad*

Just updating saying I havent had any glitches at all today with these settings :D

Yay! I am still experimenting before I report anything/screen shot anything on here since I rock the encoder too. Still too many variables to work through - the site is acting really funky and I see other models on twitter tweeting the same issues. I know using different settings helps. I keep having my encoder/stream freeze under it's generic recommended settings, using version 3.2 on the adobe flash encoder, on chrome after testing my internet speed on my i7 processor computer/Windows 8.1. I tried using the HD (High) and HD (High) wide settings. I had a customer take me into a private for a short while. My stream froze, he logged in and out and instead of saying "what happened?" as most people do when my feed drops/they get kicked out. He said "That is really weird.."

So I know the customers are experiencing difficulties too.

So, I have finished up a rather stressful day of being unsure about whether or not to dive into my semi-visited MFC account or possibly try out livejasmin for the first time since opening an account a few months ago. (These are kind of back ups for me, because I am fairly comfortable with streamate's style.) It is 4:00am in the morning. I have almost been awake for a straight 24 hours, doing research, updating my websites, creating content and mentally preparing myself for my shift in the evening.

When the time finally came around, I spent a good few hours struggling with the site on my 2 month new desktop computer. It constantly froze when I would try to stream in any format (on the site or with the encoder)within 30-60 seconds if not immediately.

I don't want to throw in an issue that doesn't directly involve the site, but I bought my new i7 computer recently because my laptop's 3 USB ports were all loose and my webcam couldn't be plugged in any longer without it immediately disconnected. It was about time to retire the old 6 year laptop as it was. That was 2 months ago, so the new computer is pretty solid.

But the weird thing was, my adobe flash encoder was freezing up on my new computer under the streamate settings without being connected. It was the weirdest thing - my webcam would freeze on it JUST like it would when I was in my streamate room around the 30-60 second mark. It didn't do that before these issues but I know for sure it doesn't directly have any connection to the site.

It froze on my laptop too and did the exact same thing when I decided to try it out to see if there was something weird going on. I even went so far as to uninstall it, re-install it and re-enter in all the HD encoding preferences, including the one you shares, JessieWolfe! Nothing worked for me. Everything froze. I tried using my crappy-laptop webcam that was in the laptop screen too - everything froze the same, so that ruled out my webcam being an issue.

As a last desperate attempt, I went into my music studio and hooked my webcam up there to the desktop computer that I record music on and streamed under the HD (High) wide settings and had a perfect stream for 4 hours and made what I typically do in a normal cam shift. After the first hour, I streamed under the encoder under the manual configuration settings on streamate and it was even better! Nothing froze up... My customers were complaining about connection issues throughout the night, one saying he was only able to see half my screen and other such things - but other customers were saying that everything was perfect.

I think that streamate is still trying to sort their issues out the best they can.

They updated their twitter on streamate recruiting 10 hours ago - "Tech Update: Sitewide stability has been reported for the past several hours. Issues have been identified and addressed. #fingerscrossed"

I had to throw a comforter over some of my background in that room because I use that room as half storage and half music studio. I am not used to the lighting or the angles, but I am working with what I have and am incredibly thankful for it all. I am so so thankful it worked and even if I can't cam out on my couch with my set up, I will use this experience to strengthen my adaptability. I don't think working on these other sites would've been bad for me either, but taking the time to build that fan base without the assurance knowing you will make what you have consistently made before, especially when you are used to checks coming in every week, was just a little much to have thrown at me in such a short period of time. But I am thankful I found some weird way to get on, on the oldest computer in the house.

I hope you all are doing well and as the problem continues I will continue to update myself for the sake of documentation so other models can look back on this in the future if they are in any kind of similar situation.

My computer can't handle the full 720hd settings, so I know what I'll be doing with my tax return next year. But, I changed the wrench options to those ones and upped my bitrate from 800 to 950, and didn't glitch or lag at all last night! Yay!

Yay! I am still experimenting before I report anything/screen shot anything on here since I rock the encoder too. Still too many variables to work through - the site is acting really funky and I see other models on twitter tweeting the same issues. I know using different settings helps. I keep having my encoder/stream freeze under it's generic recommended settings, using version 3.2 on the adobe flash encoder, on chrome after testing my internet speed on my i7 processor computer/Windows 8.1. I tried using the HD (High) and HD (High) wide settings. I had a customer take me into a private for a short while. My stream froze, he logged in and out and instead of saying "what happened?" as most people do when my feed drops/they get kicked out. He said "That is really weird.."

So I know the customers are experiencing difficulties too.

Just so u know they sat that chrome and internet explorer are not good to run the encoder with. I use Mozilla and its great. Have been on vacay so haven't been on during the craziness so hopefully it goes good tomorrow ! Thanks for Th updates!

Just so u know they sat that chrome and internet explorer are not good to run the encoder with. I use Mozilla and its great. Have been on vacay so haven't been on during the craziness so hopefully it goes good tomorrow ! Thanks for Th updates!

I've actually been told by support that they recommend Chrome - nice how they tell everyone the same thing!

Personally, I prefer Opera,it's the browser that I have had the least issues with across all camsites.

Broadcasting on SM with Firefox is very frustrating for me - I don't know what my sister did with the settings, and no matter what I do with them, I can't stop this issue that I have: any time I open a new window, it opens whatever it's supposed to open, AND an extra tab, and it puts me on the extra tab as a default.

And I mean EVERY new window. Wanna check my earnings? Extra tab on that popup. Want to put a note on a member? Extra tab on that popup. Considering that after every show, I put in notes about the show on the member so I know what to expect next time I see him, this gets annoying FAST.

Thank you for contributing to the page, you wonderful ladies. I sort of hid away, did a few MFC shows and relied on my Skype regulars for a while, completely avoiding streamate until this weekend and last weekend. The crash really put me on edge. Hopefully if anything ever arises in the future, cam girls can reference this post and get some help from it. :h:

OH. I have had absolutely no problems with Streamate and everything has been absolutely wonderful. I forgot to mention that.
:)

Hey!

My situation is very similar to yours. Streamate is my main cam site and practicly my only one.
I have suffered a lot this past month, not with technical issues but with traffic and regular customer complaints. I'm used to having 100+ people in my room while doing a Gold Show countdown. Never had much issues reaching my goal. Now I'm down to 30-50 people in my room (most of them freeloaders) and it takes forever to reach my goal, if I ever reach it...

You said on September 6 that your problems were over. I guess Streamate fixed our technical issues. On the other hand, traffic is still awful (at my room). I logged in and tried to do some Gold Shows on the 10th. No luck. Customers that follow me on Twitter told me they couldn't get in my room. They sent me some screenshots. This is one of them.

Hating this...

Does anyone know what's going on or when will it be fixed?

What site would you recomend to cam while this whole thing goes away? Some cam site with something similar to Gold Shows?

Thanks!

tfK2Dpks.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: lialove and Puffin
^^ im getting a similar complaint from guys. They say that my screen stays on "connecting" when they enter and then they get booted out right away. My room will go from 10 people to 0 in a second. Support won't even respond to me.

Attachments

• issue.png
    issue.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
I'm hoping that the problems (guys being kicked from public and private chat, models getting kicked, etc.) will be reduced now that the HD720 settings are officially launched. My first weeks camming have been through this glitchy patch, and though I'd planned for streamate to be my main site, I've been spending much more time on MFC as a result.

I've actually been told by support that they recommend Chrome - nice how they tell everyone the same thing!

Personally, I prefer Opera,it's the browser that I have had the least issues with across all camsites.

Broadcasting on SM with Firefox is very frustrating for me - I don't know what my sister did with the settings, and no matter what I do with them, I can't stop this issue that I have: any time I open a new window, it opens whatever it's supposed to open, AND an extra tab, and it puts me on the extra tab as a default.

And I mean EVERY new window. Wanna check my earnings? Extra tab on that popup. Want to put a note on a member? Extra tab on that popup. Considering that after every show, I put in notes about the show on the member so I know what to expect next time I see him, this gets annoying FAST.
That's happened to me too with different browsers on my old laptop. My friend told me it means there's a virus in the browser and to uninstall it..restart and reinstall the browser. Maybe that will do the trick! :)

Ugh. Yes. This is still happening to me regularly. I keep getting kicked off Streamate and it always seems to happen during a private show, which is the worst. There are some days it's so bad I have to stay away from the site all together. It worries me since SM is my best money maker. I'm hoping the issue clears up soon before business picks up again for fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.