AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate membership cancellation immediately after joining.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Streamate membership cancellation immediately after join

MFCGod said:
You know what the difference is?

You're a faceless and anonymous, she doesn't know what you look like, who you are, it's pretty impossible for her to personally insult you
Bullshit. She managed to take a little poke at me in spite of my faceless anonymity. So this is bullshit. :lol:

MFCGod said:
On the other hand, she is putting herself out there.. she is (for want of a better term) a "public figure"

The reason she said what she said is because she felt you were being rude, which is understandable, what you should of done is understood why she was being like that and clarified what you meant
She made it clear why she did it. There was never any doubt in my mind about her motivations. And never mind what I should have done, in situations like that I prefer retaliation over reason. It is a lot more fun. I blame my abusive childhood for this tendency.

MFCGod said:
Instead you put "sweetie" being condescending, and stuff like "But you are mentioned, and I am like "emma who!?"
Well if insults were nice, they wouldn't be insults now, would they?

MFCGod said:
When you're rude like that it just reflects badly on you.
Meh.

To tell the truth, I would have regretted my back and forth with Emma as soon as I sobered up. But she did something afterwards that heaped coals of fire upon my head. I feel very guilty, very guilty indeed. I am so, so sorry for the way I behaved with her. Still can't stomach the thought of going back and reading what I wrote. I don't really blame her for her comment to me, and I know I went way overboard in my response.

I hope we can all forgive, forget, and move on now; Deez is fed up with this nonsense.

Reactions: emma_skye12

lupojohn said:
I appreciate your help. Let me add a couple of things:

The accounts were permanently blocked.
They weren't claiming fraud as a way of helping me. They flat told me I tried to deceive THEM.
The extra security measures they want to talk about after the money order is processed is just to see if I can start another account.

Did you by any chance post this story on one of the consumer ripoff sites? Sounds remarkably similar to one I read the other night.

justjoinedtopost said:
lupojohn said:

They weren't claiming fraud as a way of helping me. They flat told me I tried to deceive THEM.
The extra security measures they want to talk about after the money order is processed is just to see if I can start another account.

Did you by any chance post this story on one of the consumer ripoff sites? Sounds remarkably similar to one I read the other night.

No, but you can PM me with a link to it so I can see if I can indeed get my account back.

lupojohn said:
justjoinedtopost said:
lupojohn said:

No, but you can PM me with a link to it so I can see if I can indeed get my account back.

Here. Share it publicly, add to the discussion. I see the date now, kind of rules you out. And it doesn't offer much in the way of hope for you, either.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Streamate ... ef-1062687

Seems like I ran across another one similar to this, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm gonna look up to see if I can find anymore complaints cause something needs to be done about this. They claim fraud against when:

They have what 1000-2000 different sites claiming to be "independent", but they're all really under the Streamate umbrella. They told me to "take my business elsewhere" and when I do, the same thing happens after making a new account.

They don't tell you NOT to make another account until AFTER the money order is received and processed and until I already had it and it got blocked. Again, they claim fraud against us when it should be the other way around.

They make you repay them disputed charges with no guarantees of being able to make a new account AND having to agree to additional terms and conditions.

I rest my case.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost

lupojohn said:
I'm gonna look up to see if I can find anymore complaints cause something needs to be done about this. They claim fraud against when:

They have what 1000-2000 different sites claiming to be "independent", but they're all really under the Streamate umbrella. They told me to "take my business elsewhere" and when I do, the same thing happens after making a new account.

They don't tell you NOT to make another account until AFTER the money order is received and processed and until I already had it and it got blocked. Again, they claim fraud against us when it should be the other way around.

They make you repay them disputed charges with no guarantees of being able to make a new account AND having to agree to additional terms and conditions.

I rest my case.

I kind of had high hopes for SM just because I have seen the name pop up a lot here on ACF. Fortunately, my experience only led to me being highly annoyed for one night. What you are going through sounds 100X worse.

I know it's not worth a lot, but I honest to god feel for you man.

Reactions: lupojohn

justjoinedtopost said:
I kind of had high hopes for SM just because I have seen the name pop up a lot here on ACF. Fortunately, my experience only led to me being highly annoyed for one night. What you are going through sounds 100X worse.

I know it's not worth a lot, but I honest to god feel for you man.

I appreciate the kind words. Running a quick Google search on them I found a ton of stuff that if made to the general public, would probably let me, you and everyone who they banned back without fuss or bother. Also found someone(she'll remain nameless out of respect to her privacy)who could help me out with something else from there.

And now they bill me for $215 over 4 separate charges. Can't ask for a refund or they won't let me back, how slight of a possibility that may seem right now.

lupojohn said:
And now they bill me for $215 over 4 separate charges. Can't ask for a refund or they won't let me back, how slight of a possibility that may seem right now.

You're leaving out many BIG parts of your story, lupojohn. Be careful about bad-mouthing a website that many people here work on and/or frequent because of your own mistakes, it's very misleading.

DeezNA said:
lupojohn said:

You're leaving out many BIG parts of your story, lupojohn. Be careful about bad-mouthing a website that many people here work on and/or frequent because of your own mistakes, it's very misleading.

Apologies, but it's beyond that at this point and you know what I mean. This is not about anything but not treating me right. I won't even bring up how they harassed one of their own models.

I just saw my name!!!! :lol:

To set the record straight I didn't find his post to be rude (well the part about me haha). I was more so flattered that someone admitted to watching my cam.
cVvUku3.gif

JessieWolfe said:
I just saw my name!!!! :lol:

To set the record straight I didn't find his post to be rude (well the part about me haha). I was more so flattered that someone admitted to watching my cam.
cVvUku3.gif

I stand corrected, then.

lupojohn said:
An update: they have received my money order. Now, I will formulate my case to them for a return.
Why do you still want back in after how they treated the situation? Or did I miss something.

AmberCutie said:
lupojohn said:
An update: they have received my money order. Now, I will formulate my case to them for a return.
Why do you still want back in after how they treated the situation? Or did I miss something.

Well, if i have to pay them, I might as well get something in return. I've been on CB and MFC recently and the best thing about MFC is you can look up different models while still in the room you're currently in. CB has some fun stuff in different rooms and the chat is moderated, which is great, but the only issue with both is if you're a basic member, you are silenced in some cases. Also, finding MFC's e-mail system wasn't easy. Guy sent me one and when I didn't respond right away, he got angry, I couldn't locate it as it didn't stay on my screen long. SB at least is well-organized in those regards, but it's really just about getting something back for all the money I gave them.

lupojohn said:
Well, if i have to pay them, I might as well get something in return...but it's really just about getting something back for all the money I gave them.
When I got ticked and read about SM the other night some of the stuff didn't sound like it was their fault. Like the guy I read about who was disputing charges because he wasn't happy with a show he paid for. That's on him, not SM. But there was plenty more that makes me think I would cut my losses and find somewhere else to play.

lupojohn said:
CB has some fun stuff in different rooms and the chat is moderated, which is great, but the only issue with both is if you're a basic member, you are silenced in some cases.
I think buying tokies takes care of this.

lupojohn said:
Well, if i have to pay them, I might as well get something in return...but it's really just about getting something back for all the money I gave them.
What did you give them money for, again? Wasn't it originally for shows? And if you continue on SM (what's SB?) you'll have to pay more money for other shows, it isn't a free chat style system like CB or MFC.

Weird story about MFC's mail system by the way. Why the heck other guys messaging you on there and getting mad at you? Ignore the dicks, pay attention to the boobs there instead. :thumbleft: (By the way, the entire menu is at the top right of MFC's homepage, with links to all your account stuff including the mail page.)

NO matter where you go or stay, don't think you can just sit back without forking over any other money if you want to actually enjoy the features of the site.

AmberCutie said:
lupojohn said:
What did you give them money for, again? Wasn't it originally for shows? And if you continue on SM (what's SB?) you'll have to pay more money for other shows, it isn't a free chat style system like CB or MFC.

Weird story about MFC's mail system by the way. Why the heck other guys messaging you on there and getting mad at you? Ignore the dicks, pay attention to the boobs there instead. :thumbleft: (By the way, the entire menu is at the top right of MFC's homepage, with links to all your account stuff including the mail page.)

NO matter where you go or stay, don't think you can just sit back without forking over any other money if you want to actually enjoy the features of the site.

I gave them money for private shows with a couple of models. Yes, I know I can't just sit in free chat too long.

I don't see any messages to me now that I have located the mailing system. Whatever it is, I would have to know and address it from there. As such, I usually let people like that roll off my back. Boobies :thumbleft:

Yes, I understand now that I have to be equipped with the green to enjoy the sites.

Always check how much a private is before taking a girl and always keep track of the time. You will also have a spot in your account to check the amount of money you spent for the week and I believe you are billed every Friday. It's not automatic payment from your account or anything. It's billed weekly for the charges you acquire.

http://www.streamate.com/terms.html
This terms and conditions that is agreed upon by all registered members both describes the $2 charge, and also the billing terms :)

Edit:: I just re read your post and even when you are disconnected from a paid chat you are charged for the amount of time you were in there. If it was a block session you are charged for the full amount you bought, if you get disconnected you can resume the block session at any time within the next two hours.

JessieWolfe said:
Always check how much a private is before taking a girl and always keep track of the time. You will also have a spot in your account to check the amount of money you spent for the week and I believe you are billed every Friday. It's not automatic payment from your account or anything. It's billed weekly for the charges you acquire.

http://www.streamate.com/terms.html
This terms and conditions that is agreed upon by all registered members both describes the $2 charge, and also the billing terms :)

Edit:: I just re read your post and even when you are disconnected from a paid chat you are charged for the amount of time you were in there. If it was a block session you are charged for the full amount you bought, if you get disconnected you can resume the block session at any time within the next two hours.

Thank you.

JessieWolfe said:
You will also have a spot in your account to check the amount of money you spent for the week and I believe you are billed every Friday. It's not automatic payment from your account or anything. It's billed weekly for the charges you acquire.
Now I am starting to get a clearer picture of some of the things I have read. The disputed charges and accusations of fraud are making more sense. Personally, I am much more comfortable with a pay as you go system. This would be even more true if I was running a company like SM.

I, for one, cannot be trusted with a credit card. My spending is with a debit card on an account that I only put money into to spend. Well about three days ago, I took a look and found my account to be overdrawn by a couple of hundred dollars. There was no doubt in my mind who was behind it; I knew it was SM.

After I had restored my account to a healthy non-negative balance, I girded myself for battle. Those SOB's were going to pay. I left a message for my lawyer to contact me, grabbed my thesaurus, and went to work.

Turns out it wasn't them. The $30 charges (which my bank charged me $35 apiece for) were from Jasmin. Apparently, due to international regulations or some other nonsense, their charges don't come out immediately like other sites I have used. They take a few days to hit. Which is fine (now that I know). That's the real problem with being foolish--having to admit it. :woops:

I know streamate starts you off with a lower spending limit so you don't go through all your money without realizing which is nice haha

All of the money I have spent on the site comes out promptly within the week I spent it :)
Fine print is sneaky, half the time I don't read it haha but can sites can be sneaky. And confusing ouce you get to the billing type sites.

Also! You can set up a prepay visa with streamate and have a set amount of money on there for your account which could also help with spending more than expected :) I also read somewhere in the faq that you can apply funds to your account? I'm not quite sure how to do that because I just go the credit card route. If anyone knows more about applying funds to an account that would be awesome :thumbleft:

Well, the way SM works is better than Camcontacts. I had a chat there rather than elsewhere with a model I know because of the referral bonus she got. I got three separate charges for an uninterrupted chat that lasted just under a half hour.

Sevrin said:
Well, the way SM works is better than Camcontacts. I had a chat there rather than elsewhere with a model I know because of the referral bonus she got. I got three separate charges for an uninterrupted chat that lasted just under a half hour.

Why three charges (if I'm not being too nosy)?

justjoinedtopost said:
Sevrin said:

Why three charges (if I'm not being too nosy)?

No idea. It was my first and last time using the site.

I've always used pre-paid credit cards on my member accounts (on any site, including Streamate). I like being able to load it with x amount and control what I spend that way. Makes nasty surprises (for those of us who might skim over fineprint) less bothersome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.