AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

so many ?s sorry... had a block sesh for 15 but he left right when the 5 min warning came up. Its showing uup as paid in full... I cant get in trouble since he left right? He seemed too enjoy it...

also how long does support usually take? I should finally have my 5 star rating and its not coming up. I have 6 5-stars.

I've made it from low pg 5 to mid page 4 🙌
lmao small but tangible progress

I believe that customers have up to 2 hours to return to resume their block session if they exit early. Ideally, if they leave the block sesh for whatever reason prior to your time being up, it’s best to try to stay online in good faith in case they return... for a reasonable amount of time. Of course, this doesn’t always work out (for example, if you needed to log off to run an errand or you needed to wrap up for the day). You will not be punished for the customer leaving early and not returning to resume the sesh. If this becomes a recurring issue, then Support may take a closer look. If you’re still nervous about getting in trouble, I would recommend simply sending a message to Support right after and state what happened and what you did to try to resume the session (ex: staying online after the customer left).

Re: ratings - If you have 6 5-star ratings, then your profile average should appear as 5 stars. However, if a customer(s) rated you more than once out of your 6 ratings, then only the most recent rating will count toward your average. In that case, you will need to obtain additional ratings from other paid sesh customers. :)

Upvote 0
Re: ratings - If you have 6 5-star ratings, then your profile average should appear as 5 stars. However, if a customer(s) rated you more than once out of your 6 ratings, then only the most recent rating will count toward your average

This used to be 5 ratings. When did it change to 6?

Reactions: peacheepie
Upvote 0
It's still five unique 5-star ratings. The previous poster was explaining they have six total 5-stars and their total hasn't updated yet.
Ah, OK.

Upvote 0
The new Streamate site/interface they're testing is atrocious. You can't turn off live previews, and the region resets every time you manually reset the page. That's a pain the ass for me, since I only care about US models.

The worst part is that the site doesn't seem to refresh itself properly, so models who are logged in don't even show up. They seem to disappear from the site entirely during privates and exclusives.

Reactions: peacheepie
Upvote 0
I have seven 5 star reviews since starting on Streamate yesterday, but my average on my profile is 4 stars. Is this a mistake? I'm not too cut up about it because 4 isn't bad, but obviously I'd prefer 5.

Also, I had a guy pay for a 30 minute block session today and he kept disappearing because of his own connection issues. He came back each time within a minute or two, and he left again right at the end. I thought that it was just over because we'd gotten the 1 minute warning, but I'm not sure if he still had some seconds left cause it said he left from user connection issues again.

I waited a few minutes or so, but I had to log off cause my boyfriend was getting home soon. Will I get in trouble or potentially get money subtracted from my total for this?

It's worrying because I did spend at least almost 30 minutes with him doing a bunch of things. I don't want to have done that for nothing.

Upvote 0
I have seven 5 star reviews since starting on Streamate yesterday, but my average on my profile is 4 stars. Is this a mistake? I'm not too cut up about it because 4 isn't bad, but obviously I'd prefer 5.

Also, I had a guy pay for a 30 minute block session today and he kept disappearing because of his own connection issues. He came back each time within a minute or two, and he left again right at the end. I thought that it was just over because we'd gotten the 1 minute warning, but I'm not sure if he still had some seconds left cause it said he left from user connection issues again.

I waited a few minutes or so, but I had to log off cause my boyfriend was getting home soon. Will I get in trouble or potentially get money subtracted from my total for this?

It's worrying because I did spend at least almost 30 minutes with him doing a bunch of things. I don't want to have done that for nothing.

What a block means to a member is we agree to prepay for 30min to get a discount. The member has a two hour window (It might be one hour, I know it used to be listed in some FAQ) to use those 30 minutes. If the model leaves before that two hour window ends OR before the 30min are used the member only get billed for the minutes actually used. The member pays for all 30min even if they don't use all of them after the two hours is used up if the model was available the entire time. The bonus to blocks are all min after the 30min are continued to be billed at the discounted rate and there's a pvt lock period if the member gets disconnected where the model can't be pulled into another pvt right away (I think this only 3-5 min).

I have no clue what happens on the model side just how the billing tends to operate from a member's perspective.

Upvote 0

It’s supposed to take 24 hours for it to update your ratings to show you’re at 5 stars. Sometimes you have to email support for them to manually update it though.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Upvote 0
there's a pvt lock period if the member gets disconnected where the model can't be pulled into another pvt right away (I think this only 3-5 min).

Why do you think that? It seems like something that maybe should be true, but I've never heard of it before, and I'm pretty sure I've been brought private more quickly than that after getting booted from a block for whatever issue. Irritating, really, I'd be in favour of a short "lock". Usually get interrupted by some guy who scrams as soon as he sees a nipple vs that long block.

Upvote 0
Why do you think that? It seems like something that maybe should be true, but I've never heard of it before, and I'm pretty sure I've been brought private more quickly than that after getting booted from a block for whatever issue. Irritating, really, I'd be in favour of a short "lock". Usually get interrupted by some guy who scrams as soon as he sees a nipple vs that long block.

What happens is you can see the model back in the room like normal but when you click pvt or exclusive the member will still get the 'this model is in an exclusive private' message. Usually the giveaway it's happening is the model says something like, 'oh you disconnected' or 'what happened' followed by going back into pvt/exclusive. It could also be there's no mechanism but rather the site takes a little bit to acknowledge a block stopped when there's still time left which appears like a soft lock to other members if they try to press the button right away. Of course it's rare when a member just starts a show just as the model becomes visible again usually because models tend to stand off screen to change or maybe wait when a drop happens.

Upvote 0
What happens is you can see the model back in the room like normal but when you click pvt or exclusive the member will still get the 'this model is in an exclusive private' message. Usually the giveaway it's happening is the model says something like, 'oh you disconnected' or 'what happened' followed by going back into pvt/exclusive. It could also be there's no mechanism but rather the site takes a little bit to acknowledge a block stopped when there's still time left which appears like a soft lock to other members if they try to press the button right away. Of course it's rare when a member just starts a show just as the model becomes visible again usually because models tend to stand off screen to change or maybe wait when a drop happens.

I've definitely had that happen as an error for half a fucking hour before anyone told me the option to go private was greyed out, but I have no clue if it's ever an intentional thing, so hm. If it's intentional sometimes, it'd give them an idea where to start on fixing that bug, though!

I actually get a lot of shows immediately after ending another--mainly seem to be with guys who want to catch me before I put my top back on.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
How important is new model status on Streamate? I didn't realize there was a whole page for new models and everything. I know it's super important on MFC. I just want to make sure I'm not getting excited at any success I'm having on Streamate if it's all gonna tank as soon as my new model status is over

Upvote 0
How important is new model status on Streamate? I didn't realize there was a whole page for new models and everything. I know it's super important on MFC. I just want to make sure I'm not getting excited at any success I'm having on Streamate if it's all gonna tank as soon as my new model status is over
You have 30 days of new girl status. it's not nessesary, but it definitely helps. During your new girl status, ask for favorites, that way when you do lose it, people already have you favorited and easy to find.

I barely worked my new girl status, but I was able to crawl from the depths of page 8 to the top of the first page.

Dudes will also try to pull more over you because you are new. Wait 30 before getting naked in pvt. Don't show anything unless they tip you first! Don't let them try to push your limits by offering you more money after you say no.

Once you lose your shiney new girl status, you will get less people trying to prey on you.

Upvote 0
You have 30 days of new girl status. it's not detriment, but it definitely helps. During your new girl status, ask for favorites, that way when you do lose it, people already have you favorited and easy to find.

I barely worked my new girl status, but I was able to crawl from the depths of page 8 to the top of the first page.

Dudes will also try to pull more over you because you are new. Wait 30 before getting naked in pvt. Don't show anything unless they tip you first! Don't let them try to push your limits by offering you more money after you say no.

Once you lose your shiney new girl status, you will get less people trying to prey on you.
Thank you! I've cammed on MFC off and on over the past year, so even though they assume I'm brand new when they see me, I definitely am able to tell when they're trying to scam me! If they ask me to do something I just say sure, it's on my tip menu and then they leave lol
If they're not even willing to tip 5 bucks then I'm not interested in their company anyways.

I've been hesitant to ask for ratings and favorites so far, cause I don't want to come off as pushy. I do have 48 favorites and 6 5 star ratings since starting on Friday though so yay!!! Streamate is so much more consistent, I'd rather work for 3 hours and make a little less per show but do MORE shows, than sit in a silent room for 2 hours and MAYBE have one or two shows on MFC right at the end.

I'm glad I saw that 30 second rule on here before I started, cause I would've felt pressured to just strip right away cause they're paying otherwise!

Upvote 0
I've been hesitant to ask for ratings and favorites so far, cause I don't want to come off as pushy. I do have 48 favorites and 6 5 star ratings since starting on Friday though so yay!!! Streamate is so much more consistent, I'd rather work for 3 hours and make a little less per show but do MORE shows, than sit in a silent room for 2 hours and MAYBE have one or two shows on MFC right at the end.

MFC is a total different ballgame than SM. On SM, it is more acceptable and expected for models to push for shows, tips, and whatnot.

Streamate models are like the The Wieners Circle of camworld.

But when a member favorites you, you are then put ahead of everyone else when they look on the mainpage logged in. Sometimes you have to remind them to, or they won't and completely forget. You may have noticed dudes on SM tend to clear the fuck out when they are done with a show. Even asking for ratings, comments, and tags. If someone says anything positive about your show or you, ask for feedback. even as veteran model, i'm constantly asking for feedback because it helps. During the last glitch when all the top earners were on page 5-6. I was able to make over $600 in the 3 hours that I was brave enough to work it, because I had enough foot traffic with all my favorites.

What are your rates on Streamate? The only reason I'm asking is because at 35% you should be charging more. I think 4.99/5.99 are good standard set rates first starting out. If you need your rates raised, email support. Remember Streamate is a different ballgame, and you can get away with asking for more. They have enough variety of traffic to afford paying higher rates.

Upvote 0
MFC is a total different ballgame than SM. On SM, it is more acceptable and expected for models to push for shows, tips, and whatnot.

Streamate models are like the The Wieners Circle of camworld.

But when a member favorites you, you are then put ahead of everyone else when they look on the mainpage logged in. Sometimes you have to remind them to, or they won't and completely forget. You may have noticed dudes on SM tend to clear the fuck out when they are done with a show. Even asking for ratings, comments, and tags. If someone says anything positive about your show or you, ask for feedback. even as veteran model, i'm constantly asking for feedback because it helps. During the last glitch when all the top earners were on page 5-6. I was able to make over $600 in the 3 hours that I was brave enough to work it, because I had enough foot traffic with all my favorites.

What are your rates on Streamate? The only reason I'm asking is because at 35% you should be charging more. I think 4.99/5.99 are good standard set rates first starting out. If you need your rates raised, email support. Remember Streamate is a different ballgame, and you can get away with asking for more. They have enough variety of traffic to afford paying higher rates.

Thank you!! I’ve beem getting a lot of favorites, even from a lot of people who didn’t do shows with me. I’ll make sure to ask for favorites and ratings!

My rates are $3.99 premium and $5.99 exclusive. I’m afraid to charge more

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Thank you!! I’ve beem getting a lot of favorites, even from a lot of people who didn’t do shows with me. I’ll make sure to ask for favorites and ratings!

tags too! they help you when members use the search bar.

girl we need to get you verified so you can see my raise your rate challenge thread in MO and to read all the testimonials. raise your rates both up a dollar! $4.99/6.99. you can always lower them back if it doesn't work out.

edit: i see you are verified. omg whats wrong with me. haha

Upvote 0

girl we need to get you verified so you can see my raise your rate challenge thread in MO and to read all the testimonials. raise your rates both up a dollar! $4.99/6.99. you can always lower them back if it doesn't work out.

I’ve only been on streamate since Thursday or Friday, so I’m gonna give it a week or so at least and then bump them up! I still need to email support to get my rate limit raised.

Upvote 0
I’ve only been on streamate since Thursday or Friday, so I’m gonna give it a week or so at least and then bump them up! I still need to email support to get my rate limit raised.
Do it now! You could be earning more now! Try it for a couple shifts, see if you even make $15 more an hour. Sorry if I'm pushing ya, but SM is a different ballgame. You can get away with charging more. At least get that premium to 4.99.

Also support has been hella slow. Some of us have been waiting since the beginning of the month to get our support tickets answered, you better ask now to get in queue. So when you are ready

Upvote 0
Do it now! You could be earning more now! Try it for a couple shifts, see if you even make $15 more an hour. Sorry if I'm pushing ya, but SM is a different ballgame. You can get away with charging more. At least get that premium to 4.99.

Also support has been hella slow. Some of us have been waiting since the beginning of the month to get our support tickets answered, you better ask now to get in queue. So when you are ready
Ah maybe! I probably won’t cam again until Tuesday evening, which will probably be slow anyways. I might wait until Friday or Saturday.
I don’t love the idea of doing everything for such low pay, but I had constant shows yesterday at these rates.
I’ll try to bump it to 4.99 and then exclusive at 6.99 when I’m able.

Upvote 0
Ah maybe! I probably won’t cam again until Tuesday evening, which will probably be slow anyways. I might wait until Friday or Saturday.
I don’t love the idea of doing everything for such low pay, but I had constant shows yesterday at these rates.
I’ll try to bump it to 4.99 and then exclusive at 6.99 when I’m able.

you more likely will still have consistent shows. i don't think you new models on sites should price lower then you want to. also you aren't "new" you are an experienced cammodel ;) so if you do, and if some fuckwit give you attitude for raising your rates for being new, he can fuck off. :D

Upvote 0

I raised from this to 5.99/6.99, and not one person, regular or otherwise, complained at all! I find that ththe exclusives I get are much longer too, and I barely do privates anymore (thankfully, not a fan of them). My earnings for both (under the rate analysis section) show a large increase. I wish I would have raised my rates sooner!

Upvote 0
I raised from this to 5.99/6.99, and not one person, regular or otherwise, complained at all! I find that ththe exclusives I get are much longer too, and I barely do privates anymore (thankfully, not a fan of them). My earnings for both (under the rate analysis section) show a large increase. I wish I would have raised my rates sooner!
I’m definitely going to raise my private to 4.99 and email to get my limit raised so I can go higher in exclusive too.
So far private’s are either someone who just wants to see some boobs and cums and leaves in 2 minutes, or people expecting a custom personally tailored exclusive show for cheap.

Upvote 0
you more likely will still have consistent shows. i don't think you new models on sites should price lower then you want to. also you aren't "new" you are an experienced cammodel ;) so if you do, and if some fuckwit give you attitude for raising your rates for being new, he can fuck off. :D
Ah okay okay you’re right!!! I didn’t even realize their was a new model status on streamate until after I finished last pay period.
And I am experienced to a point! Just new to streamate lol
I’m going to raise them before I get on later this week. Thank you!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I've been camming on SM for about 6 years on and off, but I just got done with new model status because I have a new account due to leaving Boleyn Models' daily pay and going to weekly pay for that extra 5%.

In my experience, I was personally glad when my new model status was over. So many beggars, freeloaders, guys asking you a billion sexual questions in free chat Iway more than when you're not new IMO), guys fake tipping you and trying to get you to flash, etc. It gets annoying really fast. I'm glad I got a new account because I wanted to get rid of a couple annoying regulars who would always visit my room and chat but rarely spent anymore, but weren't quite annoying enough for me to ban (luckily they haven't found me yet lol). Whenever guys would mention me being new or ask how new I was, I would tell them that I've actually been camming for years and got a new account because I took a few months' hiatus. That weeded out a lot of the freeloaders LOL. :)

IMO, it's still helpful to make the most of your new model status and be on as often as you can and try out different times of day/night and see what you like best. You get more traffic as a new model and if you're on often during your first 30 days, this helps build up a following and builds up your favorites and your 5 star ratings so that you'll hopefully have a good placement once your new model status is over-the more 5 star ratings, the better. I always ask guys to rate me 5 stars at the beginning of a private no matter how many times I've gone private with them before, and at the end of the private if they stick around and say thanks and chat for a while.

My rates are $3.99 premium and $7.99 exclusive, but that's because I really prefer being in premium chat where I do my own thing at my own pace and masturbate how I like using my favorite toy. Guys who really want to direct the show will usually go exclusive no matter how high the rate. And often times, there is more than 1 guy in premium chat, which really adds up. I emailed support immediately after starting this time around to get my rates increased. I also emailed support immediately after getting 5 5 star ratings and asked for my rating to be adjusted and asked for Gold Shows, because sometimes they are slow at doing it if you don't ask. It makes a huge difference in your placement going from 4 stars to 5 stars, at least it did for me, so if you have more than 5 5 star ratings and yet you're still stuck at 4 stars, I would email support and ask them to adjust your rating ASAP.

No matter what, you will get assholes who give you bad ratings, so don't be afraid to email support to get the bad ratings removed if the bad rating is not deserved. Almost all bad ratings are from assholes who don't read profiles and don't listen and ask for things you don't do, or from peepers trying to get a free show who were mad that they got charged for staying a few seconds too long lol.

IDK if you're comfortable with making/selling videos, but having videos for sale on my page has helped me a lot too. I had some ready made and ready to go before I launched my new account (although you will still need to upload them to your profile), and I've had guys who have never gone private or exclusive with me buy videos. They help add up during slow days. I've even had guys visit my profile and buy videos on days I didn't cam at all, which is nice.

And yes-tags definitely help, especially if it's something unique that you offer that not many people do. Tags like "beautiful" and "sexy", while flattering, aren't very helpful in my opinion because almost everybody has them. I think tags that state something unique that you offer in your shows, such as "taboo roleplay,", "phone," "sloppy deepthroat," "raceplay," "anal," "lactating," "pregnant," "pantyhose," "foot fetish," "findom," "squirting dildo," "sybian," "sph," etc, are good tags because they help guys get an idea of what you offer in your shows.

Upvote 0

Do you think this is accurate for bbw? I am not traditionally sized or traditionally pretty, nothing about me “makes up for it,” and I tend to make more at lower rates. I try to look super pretty and high class in lingerie and nice make up, my hair done, etc. my cam persona is a pure puma (puma=cougar in training; an easy card for me to play lol)

I have far less experience there than you but I def feel like being a bbw who doesn’t do anal or anything against tos (age, family play, bodily fluids, etc) hurts my income. So many guys ask me if I do those things, or next popular is feeder (I’m trying to lose weight), or just want to see my stomach for free... then it’s if I cuckhold or fuck bbc, which I always say to the first and kind of gauge my answer on the feel from the second. And then somehow like all of my shows are mutual masturbation and pegging shows 🤷🏼‍♀️ The cucks I guess are waiting for their wives next date so they can call me and actually get off. Who knows lmao. Cucks and I are besties on niteflirt 💕😂💕

Upvote 0
Do you think this is accurate for bbw? I am not traditionally sized or traditionally pretty, nothing about me “makes up for it,” and I tend to make more at lower rates. I try to look super pretty and high class in lingerie and nice make up, my hair done, etc. my cam persona is a pure puma (puma=cougar in training; an easy card for me to play lol)

I have far less experience there than you but I def feel like being a bbw who doesn’t do anal or anything against tos (age, family play, bodily fluids, etc) hurts my income. So many guys ask me if I do those things, or next popular is feeder (I’m trying to lose weight), or just want to see my stomach for free... then it’s if I cuckhold or fuck bbc, which I always say to the first and kind of gauge my answer on the feel from the second. And then somehow like all of my shows are mutual masturbation and pegging shows 🤷🏼‍♀️ The cucks I guess are waiting for their wives next date so they can call me and actually get off. Who knows lmao. Cucks and I are besties on niteflirt 💕😂💕

It's accurate for everyone. I don't do penetration, close-ups, or spreading, just tease, fetish, and femdom. My rates float between $3.99 and $5.49 for private, and for exclusive I typically stay at $9.99, occasionally dipping down to $8.99 - I get a fair amount of findom customers and they like expensive shows. The site is going through a major overhaul right now and is quite glitchy so it's harder than normal to gauge, but last year I was fully supporting myself and paying all my bills from Streamate. I went back to having an office job though, because I really needed insurance to resolve some health issues.

Upvote 0

I am also not "traditional" when it comes to size or attractiveness. Most guys call me thicc, which, okay. Not quite bbw, not quite fatfit. I'll take it.

My premium rate is 4.99 and my exclusive is 5.99. I haven't requested the ability to raise my rates beyond that in a while. Initially SM told me to get mkre experience on their website, which has been actually helpful while working through the site overhaul. At those rates, I do fairly well for myself, considering my full time schooling and lack of audio to contend with.

Just know your worth. Nothing is free. Dudes who treat you any less just because you are bbw aren't worth your time. Block and move on. The good spenders will find their way to you.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what happened to the "small window" button that lets you make the cam window smaller and not fill the screen? That was always available with Flash, but it doesn't appear with HTML5. It's useful if the model is broadcasting at a lower resolution...

Upvote 0