AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Does anyone know what happened to the "small window" button that lets you make the cam window smaller and not fill the screen? That was always available with Flash, but it doesn't appear with HTML5. It's useful if the model is broadcasting at a lower resolution...

The widow fix to the Width of the browser window so if you thin down the browser from the sides the windows will shrink

Upvote 0
I have been working on SM on and off since 2015. I do well there and I feel it suits me far better than the token sites. I feel I thrive in one-on-one shows. I have never done a gold show, but have been considering the pros recently. Maybe it could spice things up a bit, a little change might be fun. I think I have waited so long to try it that I have started to totally overthink it, which happens to be one of my many talents. Sooo my question for fellow SM girls is, do you do well with gold shows? Do you find it negatively impacts your regulars who love having you exclusively?
ALSO Do you typically just do cum shows? Any personal experience & just general gold show anecdotes are welcome.

Upvote 0
I have been working on SM on and off since 2015. I do well there and I feel it suits me far better than the token sites. I feel I thrive in one-on-one shows. I have never done a gold show, but have been considering the pros recently. Maybe it could spice things up a bit, a little change might be fun. I think I have waited so long to try it that I have started to totally overthink it, which happens to be one of my many talents. Sooo my question for fellow SM girls is, do you do well with gold shows? Do you find it negatively impacts your regulars who love having you exclusively?
ALSO Do you typically just do cum shows? Any personal experience & just general gold show anecdotes are welcome.

I haven’t had anything negative from my regs by doing gold shows. They join them too or just wait until I’m done and take me private. I mainly do dildo riding/ass shaking/joi cum countdown type of shows and cum in the show if I’m satisfied with the gold amount. I’ve done some softer core gold shows as well like oil/lotion/stripping and those have done fine too. Gold shows have been great for getting new traffic too-I’ve met several of my best regs who originally joined a gold show

Upvote 0
I haven’t had anything negative from my regs by doing gold shows. They join them too or just wait until I’m done and take me private. I mainly do dildo riding/ass shaking/joi cum countdown type of shows and cum in the show if I’m satisfied with the gold amount. I’ve done some softer core gold shows as well like oil/lotion/stripping and those have done fine too. Gold shows have been great for getting new traffic too-I’ve met several of my best regs who originally joined a gold show
Thank you so much. That's really helpful. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
So Streamate does ban pets. No idea why I was getting so much shit on here when I complained about how annoying it was to have pets interrupt during a show.

Upvote 0
It's also driving me nuts how cam quality seems to have improved dramatically over the past week, only to go to crap again recently. I can't tell if it's the streamer's fault, or Streamate keeps constraining the bandwidth based on load.

Upvote 0
It's also driving me nuts how cam quality seems to have improved dramatically over the past week, only to go to crap again recently. I can't tell if it's the streamer's fault, or Streamate keeps constraining the bandwidth based on load.

they have been working on the site. if you are experiencing tech issues, report them.

and if support is useless, tell us. screenshot your entire conversation if you use chat. so i can message liz about it and send that to her.

So Streamate does ban pets. No idea why I was getting so much shit on here when I complained about how annoying it was to have pets interrupt during a show.

maybe it was because you come across as a douche canoe with your posts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I haven't been on SM for about two months. I usually take a break from camming in the summer because it gets me really down when it's slow. I just don't have much stamina for camming during a slump. I have to stream soon so I'm just wondering, overall, how slow would you say it's been this summer? I follow the no or go thread but I guess I'm curious if anyone thinks it's been a super struggle or a typical summer. Thanks :h:

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I haven't been on SM for about two months. I usually take a break from camming in the summer because it gets me really down when it's slow. I just don't have much stamina for camming during a slump. I have to stream soon so I'm just wondering, overall, how slow would you say it's been this summer? I follow the no or go thread but I guess I'm curious if anyone thinks it's been a super struggle or a typical summer. Thanks :h:

I've been making a bit over my usual hourly this month. I'd definately not judge by no or go since we're more likely to be vocal if it's a hell no. I've been having more gos lately and have been forgetting to update the thread vs if I have a lousy shift.

Upvote 0

Since you didn't specify SM in that post, I'm sure a lot of people assumed that you were talking about MFC, which allows pets. You were also extremely rude about it, especially insisting that nobody ever has animals around when fucking, which is absolutely untrue. When you act like a prick, shit gets flung. 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
What are Streamate's thoughts on models who refuse to get naked and ask for gold after you've taken her exclusive, and in a block session, no less?

Upvote 0
What are Streamate's thoughts on models who refuse to get naked and ask for gold after you've taken her exclusive, and in a block session, no less?
A model is allowed to run her room how she wants. Just because you took her exclusive, even in a block session, doesn't entitle you to seeing her naked (spoiler alert: nothing entitled you to that, its always up to the model). I'd say it's always best to negotiate with a model beforehand if you're going to be paying for a block... But if you act like a prick or suddenly demand more during the show, don't expect her to just be down with that. Negotiation for a cam show isn't a binding contract.

Upvote 0

This is directly from SM FAQ:
What if a performer doesn't do what I ask?
This is what the guest chat is for! Performers are not obligated to do anything you ask, but most are willing and happy to put on a show for you. The guest chat is the perfect place to find out from the performer what he or she will and won't do. These are real people broadcasting from their homes, and they will have different likes and dislikes.
If you want to check to see what a performer will do for you, please ask them in the guest chat. If they don't want to do it, you can always find another performer. We have many different performers with different specialties and interests, so there should be one to fit your particular desire!

~~~
My thoughts: If anything--just message support and ask them.

If the model is agreeing to nudity beforehand then refusing & asking for more gold I'd recommend leaving before the full block is charged (I think it's 5 minutes if anyone else knows for sure then feel free to correct me). The most I could find in model support relating to blocks at all is if models are purposefully ending block shows to collect the $ and not perform the show they can get earnings taken and be shut off for fraudelent activity. I couldn't find anything about not doing something agreed upon so I'm not sure if they would do the same actions if it went that way. SM does issue refunds.

On another side, I have had members take me to a block show without discussing anything with me then demanding things I do not offer like anal and giving me 1-star after spending their whole block flipping out at me and feeling scammed and entitled to stuff because they bought a block without asking what I did or reading my topic/bio or anything. I recommend doing blocks with models you're familiar with and have taken private before so you know a bit on how they run things and what to expect.

Upvote 0

SM has chat logs. SM support would credit you back the gold if it's clear it was in payment for performance. They also will refund for block sessions if leave the block early and complain. I've had to do this a few times and never had any issues. Generally if it's a situation that merely stopping the session won't resolve, SM support in general sides with the member from what I've seen on most things. If or how the model gets punished is another story all together but that's SM's business.

Upvote 0
If the model is agreeing to nudity beforehand then refusing & asking for more gold I'd recommend leaving before the full block is charged (I think it's 5 minutes if anyone else knows for sure then feel free to correct me).

Block shows either get billed at the END of them (because they will bill you at block rate over the minimum block time) or after 3 hours if the total time wasn't used. If the model made themselves unavailable to complete the block show the member only gets billed for the time used at the block rate. That's assuming when no support is involved and no disputes are taking place.

Upvote 0
SM has chat logs. SM support would credit you back the gold if it's clear it was in payment for performance. They also will refund for block sessions if leave the block early and complain. I've had to do this a few times and never had any issues. Generally if it's a situation that merely stopping the session won't resolve, SM support in general sides with the member from what I've seen on most things. If or how the model gets punished is another story all together but that's SM's business.
Models don't get "punished". No such thing as chargebacks for us. :) We only get in trouble if we break the TOS. But while I'm sure SM support would empathize with a member who feels bamboozled and issue a credit or refund depending on what it is, we wouldn't hear about it at all on our side.

Upvote 0
If the model is agreeing to nudity beforehand then refusing & asking for more gold I'd recommend leaving before the full block is charged (I think it's 5 minutes if anyone else knows for sure then feel free to correct me).

It's 3 minutes bb!

Upvote 0
Not all models get fully naked. Some days I'm wearing something elaborate that still allows for a sexy show, but not something I'm into taking on and off a million times. If someone tries to take me ex or a block, I refuse unless I let them know first that I'm not getting "fully" naked that day. If you are in doubt to what a show entails, ask before you start to pay.

Upvote 0
Being charged per minute is one of the perks of cam sites like SM vs indie camming where you are likely to be asked to pay up front. If you're doing a show with a model you're not familiar with, you can go private and pay as you go. As soon as you're not enjoying yourself, you're free to leave.

I would suggest using the block feature only with models you know well and have done shows with before, or at least only after thoroughly discussing the show you want and hanging out in the model's room. Both people involved should definitely know what to expect ahead of time. If you're needing to talk to support for refunds for reasons other than technical issues, maybe you're the problem.

Upvote 0
I took a couple months off and I’m trying to get my stars back.. I was lucky the site didn’t reset for 3 hours when I had good placement..my question is are you guys having good luck with smconnect that’s what I’ve been using. I have no clue how to use obs so I’m using the web encoder.. Any advice or recommendations I posted this on daily thoughts by accident 😢

Upvote 0
I took a couple months off and I’m trying to get my stars back.. I was lucky the site didn’t reset for 3 hours when I had good placement..my question is are you guys having good luck with smconnect that’s what I’ve been using. I have no clue how to use obs so I’m using the web encoder.. Any advice or recommendations I posted this on daily thoughts by accident 😢

I've been using SMConnect, & I love it! Just a recommendation, if you prefer using an external broadcaster, you should use SM Broadcast C2C instead of OBS to make sure you're still getting a placement boost. If you weren't around when they introduced the placement boosts, they have a page about it in the help section

Upvote 0
You know, I used to think I was doing models a favor by giving them a block session, but now I'm not so sure...

I'm curious as to how paying a discounted rate for a block session is a favor for the model?
Plenty of members take long shows without blocks & some models don't enable blocks at all.

Upvote 0
You know, I used to think I was doing models a favor by giving them a block session, but now I'm not so sure...

On one hand, when you request a block we know how long you intend to stick around (in theory), and can do a better job pacing our show. On the other hand, you're paying us less, sooooo..... Bittersweet at best.

I'm always happy to see my regulars who come around for a nice long block. I appreciate my regulars who go exclusive without discounted block pricing a bit more, though. And I still know what to expect from them, without an explicit time limit/minimum.

I don't like doing blocks with unfamiliar members. There have been plenty of times where they've tried to pressure me into breaking my boundaries, using the block as an excuse. I frequently deny block requests from members who are new to me. Especially if they try a private block vs exclusive and I don't know that they're okay with a limited show and no C2C.

I wish it was possible to allow only exclusive block sessions. It's not cool to buy a block private and expect an exclusive experience, yet many have expected my full attention. Most of the time if I take a block private it's an accident. Trying to start either type of block without discussing your show with me first is one first step to getting blocked from my room.

Really, though, anyone really wanting to do a "block" with me and willing to pay a certain dollar amount up front... do it OUTSIDE of Streamate so I can get 80-100% of the money. You get your discount, I don't lose out. The main reason to stick with mainstream sites is pay per minute, as I said above.

Upvote 0
I mean, Streamate, over all other sites, is extremely transactional. I don't like my members to think they're doing me a favor, we are in a mutually beneficial show or tip situation. This is more true on SM than other sites because it's usually one on one, and less about big tips or spenders. Most of my big spenders don't bother with blocks or if they do they're tipping constantly to make up for the price difference, but I don't think they see it as a favor if they do take me to a block, more as so I know they want me for a good while.

Upvote 0
I like the block sessions because of pacing and planning! Members should just make sure that the model is ok with doing the show first. I've had bad experiences with mean, dominant members getting long block exclusives that I didn't enjoy at all, that I woudn't have agreed to if they asked, "Can you be very submissive for one hour while I'm really mean to you?"

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Why are gold shows a surefire way to get traffic when it's slow?

There are a lot of members who only join gold shows and actively seek them out. Also lots of teasing stuff is usually happening in the preshow and that drives up the traffic as well.

Upvote 0