AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Nothing to add, just definitely parroting the suggestion to sign up through Vanessa. :thumbleft:

Upvote 0
Here's a quick tutorial, since I see a lot of rules broken from very new models.

HOW TO NOT GET YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED OR FROZEN ON STREAMATE
aka, DA RULEZ
aMNc3LU.jpg

Don't show your genitals (tits are okay) in freechat
Don't fist
Don't pretend to be under 18 in roleplays
Don't do incestual, bestiality, or roleplays along those lines
Don't link ANY outside sites. No twitter, nothing.
Don't try to get any outside payments or initiate outside contact with members.
Don't have anyone but YOU on camera unless you have explicit permission for that person to be there
Don't commit any type of fraud. This means don't take card numbers from people or anything like that.
Don't report people unless they have actually done something against the rules.

DO read the "performer manual" which has more information on all of this!
DO use common sense and be safe! :thumbleft: :handgestures-salute:

Upvote 0
Not that this will relate to anyone besides me, but also, don't shove tubes in your nose or staple things to your ass. :whistle:

Upvote 0
Chellelovesu said:
Here's a quick tutorial, since I see a lot of rules broken from very new models.

Don't pretend to be under 18 in roleplays
Don't do incestual, bestiality, or roleplays along those lines
For some reason I get an insane amount of requests for underage and taboo roleplay, say NO to these requests. In fact, best to type it and say it. I have never done either of these things but have been warned about them from support because members have requested it from me. If you type your non-consent then that covers your tracks and support will be able to see from the chat logs that you said no. This goes for the word Daddy too. Don't say it. Don't type it.

Upvote 0
-Not Streamate specific, this is important on ALL cam sites-
I wanted to note something that people forget when joining camsites.

And since it's april 15th....

TAXES

They suck, big time!
Please make sure to always put back at LEAST 30% of ALL your earnings.
If you don't, you will be in a world of trouble come tax time.

Even though streamate takes 65% of your earnings, they do NOT pay your taxes.
If you find that you've made more than $10,000 this year, please file as an s-corp.

Unless you're well versed with accounting, you should also be contacting a real CPA to do them.
If you've been camming more than a year, you should start filing quarterly.

Upvote 0
By the title, I'm assuming it's OK to ask a general question regarding Streamate, so here goes. Does any Streamate model know how to rate a model? I want to rate on 5 stars, but I can't figure it out. It's been a long time since I've been at this level of noobiness. I'm flustered....HELP!

Upvote 0
DuoShi said:
By the title, I'm assuming it's OK to ask a general question regarding Streamate, so here goes. Does any Streamate model know how to rate a model? I want to rate on 5 stars, but I can't figure it out. It's been a long time since I've been at this level of noobiness. I'm flustered....HELP!
You have to spend 5 minutes in a paid show with her. At least I think it's 5 minutes. You'll be promoted at the end of your show to rate. :)

Upvote 0
SexyStephXS said:
DuoShi said:
You have to spend 5 minutes in a paid show with her. At least I think it's 5 minutes. You'll be promoted at the end of your show to rate. :)
Yes, and I think the only opportunity we members have to rate and comment is at the end of a private or exclusive show. We may create model tags at any time. (be sure to tip off a model to any tags she has that you think are unfair or just nasty.)

Upvote 0
Nordling said:
SexyStephXS said:
DuoShi said:
Yes, and I think the only opportunity we members have to rate and comment is at the end of a private or exclusive show. We may create model tags at any time. (be sure to tip off a model to any tags she has that you think are unfair or just nasty.)
You got it, can't do those after a Gold Show. :thumbleft:

The model tags are pretty awesome. I've gotten lots of comments from fetish requesters saying that was how they found me. Just saying, if you get a fun specifically themed show from someone you really enjoyed, it would be a nice compliment if you rated and tagged them accordingly.

Upvote 0
SexyStephXS said:
DuoShi said:

I think it can be any length of time so long as it was past the initial 30secs so you have actually spent some money (other streamate girls correct me if I am wrong). I only assume this as I got a nasty comment and 1 star rating (removed by support) by someone who was in exclusive for just under a min with me - peeved cos I wouldnt do something that I specifically said I wouldnt do beforehand and in my profile...

Upvote 0
This is sortof a general question I have that may apply to any cam site but I am using streamate and wasn't sure if it would be different. Basically I am just curious what time of day is best to cam / when the most people are on. I assume weekends are better than weekdays, but what about time of day? The time I am available to cam on weekdays is around 5-8 pm, and on weekends I can do most of the day but not so much at night. I wasn't sure if streamates users might be on at different times than other sites or not so thought I'd ask. Are weekends better than weekdays / are nights better than midday?

Upvote 0
someperson said:
This is sortof a general question I have that may apply to any cam site but I am using streamate and wasn't sure if it would be different. Basically I am just curious what time of day is best to cam / when the most people are on. I assume weekends are better than weekdays, but what about time of day? The time I am available to cam on weekdays is around 5-8 pm, and on weekends I can do most of the day but not so much at night. I wasn't sure if streamates users might be on at different times than other sites or not so thought I'd ask. Are weekends better than weekdays / are nights better than midday?
Any day/time can *potentially* be lucrative if you are consistent and on your A game. You'll have better chances of a good shift if you regularly sign on during that time and start to see familiar faces.

Upvote 0
Ugghh... I got on streammates once and found it so overwhelming that I went right back to MFC.

I was immediately bombarded with guys giving me fake tips then expecting me to do stuff. I don't think I ever got a real tip on there.

Then I was talking but didn't quite realize how the chat thing worked there - so with the normal chat the guys can hear you but can't see what everyone else is typing? Then party chat is like a conventional chat room?

And when someone goes private how do you tell? I got a private for like a minute because I didn't know if I was actually in private and thus all clear to get naked ;p Sorry to that guy for the crappiest private I've ever done.... it was all very confusing!

But I should really give it another try, I'm sure the learning curve isn't really that bad.

Upvote 0
Vicky brings up a point that I've been meaning to add here: Have your sound on! You get sound notifications when you're tipped. You get sound notifications when you're taken private and you get sound notifications when people leave private. Learn the sounds and you won't be nearly as overwhelmed and people won't be able to trick you.

As for recognizing being taken private you'll notice a window that says "premium" above the free chat window. When you're taken private you'll notice the name pop up in there and the window will automatically expand. For exclusives you'll get a pop up that you can refuse or accept but premium sort of just steals you away.

Upvote 0
Diana Blake said:
When you're taken private you'll notice the name pop up in there and the window will automatically expand. For exclusives you'll get a pop up that you can refuse or accept but premium sort of just steals you away.

And premium is like a group show right, where anyone with tokens in their account can come in and pay to watch? And it's ok per the site rules to get naked in premium but not in free public chat right?

Upvote 0
VickyMay said:
Diana Blake said:
When you're taken private you'll notice the name pop up in there and the window will automatically expand. For exclusives you'll get a pop up that you can refuse or accept but premium sort of just steals you away.

And premium is like a group show right, where anyone with tokens in their account can come in and pay to watch? And it's ok per the site rules to get naked in premium but not in free public chat right?

Right!

One last thing, exclusive popups have a decline option. If you don't press anything by the time the 10 second timer runs out, it automatically takes you exclusive. Same thing for block shows.

Upvote 0
i am cam model in streamate some idiot told me he got lot of stolen cards and i will use these cards to tip me i reject his offer later he start threating me like tipping me big amounts 150$ and keep tipping me i told streamate this guy is using stolen cards and tipping me as i am innocent and not involvend in such activites if he still keep sending me tips will my account is in threat of being terminated or any thing like this i am worry on this

Reactions: MonaMonet
Upvote 0
Meghan202 said:
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on streammate vs. MFC? what has been your experience?

There is lots of info on this inside of Models Only! Definitely get verified, here's the thread with instructions: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1696 :thumbleft:

Personally, having worked both, I prefer SM over MFC. Less offline stress, no camscore, you can set your own rates, and the traffic is fantastic. I can make in a few hours on SM the equivalent of days on MFC and don't have any offline work (raffles, KIK, Snapchat, etc.) to worry about. So I went from working ~60 hours a week and being stressed all the time to 10-20 hpw (depending on my earnings) for the same amount of money, but less stress and more time to focus on non-camming things.

That being said, MFC is one of the most popular camsites for a reason, and the earning potential IS higher (I'm talking about top 20/100 here.) But SM is less stressful, easier to deal with, and I highly recommend trying it out. :)

Upvote 0
If I already signed up for SM through streamatemodels.com, is it too late to sign up with Vanessa? What exactly is the difference? Can I still email her with questions?

Thanks!

Reactions: MonaMonet
Upvote 0
SadeSweetKitty said:
If I already signed up for SM through streamatemodels.com, is it too late to sign up with Vanessa? What exactly is the difference? Can I still email her with questions?

Thanks!
I might be wrong, but from what I gathered the only difference is in how fast she will get you approved on the site. I know that I had been waiting a week for my application to be approved (I did it through SM's website), but someone advised me to contact her for help and she got me approved on the same night. Other than that, I think she also advertises models on Twitter, but I don't know what's the criteria for that.

On another note, I'd like to ask... what are block shows?

Upvote 0
PetitGatinha said:

Block shows are where a customer pays for a 'block' of time in exchange for a discount on your per-minute rate. The lowest amount of time they can purchase is 15 minutes, with the highest being an hour. This can be used for either Premium or Exclusive shows. The customer can disconnect any time during the block session, but you have to stream for the entire block or you'll get in trouble with the site and won't be paid for your time.

Block sessions have to be opted into by the model, and you can choose to only opt in to certain increments of time (for instance, I only do 15 min. and 30 min. blocks, but not 45/60 min. blocks) or to not allow them at all. Also, the customer has to send you a request for a block session, which you can either accept or deny (kind of like a regular Exclusive.)

Per-minute discounts for blocks are as follows:
15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
PetitGatinha said:

Block shows are where a customer pays for a 'block' of time in exchange for a discount on your per-minute rate. The lowest amount of time they can purchase is 15 minutes, with the highest being an hour. This can be used for either Premium or Exclusive shows. The customer can disconnect any time during the block session, but you have to stream for the entire block or you'll get in trouble with the site and won't be paid for your time.

Block sessions have to be opted into by the model, and you can choose to only opt in to certain increments of time (for instance, I only do 15 min. and 30 min. blocks, but not 45/60 min. blocks) or to not allow them at all. Also, the customer has to send you a request for a block session, which you can either accept or deny (kind of like a regular Exclusive.)

15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%
It's so weird that I never saw this anywhere on the site, I've only caught word of this here... but thank you yet again, Gemma! Is this kind of show popular among members?

Upvote 0
PetitGatinha said:
GemmaMoore said:
PetitGatinha said:

15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%
It's so weird that I never saw this anywhere on the site, I've only caught word of this here... but thank you yet again, Gemma! Is this kind of show popular among members?

It's actually front and center in your model control panel under 'Rates and Shows'; that's where you opt in, actually. I get quite a few of them, and prefer them to the 1-minute wonders, and most guys are aware they exist (in my chat, at least.)

Edit to add: I highly suggest you read the entire SM model manual. It's really super helpful, and explains how the site works, what is expected of models and members, how to avoid being suspended/banned, different types of shows, etc. They also have a really nice F.A.Q. section if you need a quick reference. :thumbleft:

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
It's actually front and center in your model control panel under 'Rates and Shows'; that's where you opt in, actually. I get quite a few of them, and prefer them to the 1-minute wonders, and most guys are aware they exist (in my chat, at least.)

Edit to add: I highly suggest you read the entire SM model manual. It's really super helpful, and explains how the site works, what is expected of models and members, how to avoid being suspended/banned, different types of shows, etc. They also have a really nice F.A.Q. section if you need a quick reference. :thumbleft:
This is what I have under Rates and Shows:

I'm not crazy, it really isn't there, is it? :shock:

Attachments

• smprofile.png
    smprofile.png
    10 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0