AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Upvote 0
OMG my camera is coming tonight, I have a vanilla job but this weekend I hope to put in hella hours . I have my rates set at 4.99 and 5.99 thanks to the great advice from the contributors of this thread❤️. I have decided to focus on getting time in and not necessarily on money right away. Plus while stalking the site it seems slow lately. I want to record my streams in case of any good performances i can make videos of those. Can I sale these recordings of past shows to tippers? What about on a clips site?? Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know why I don't appear in search results on Streamate? Do I have to have streamed a certain number of hours? Did my first show there last night and was able to search myself out by name. Now that I'm offline I no longer show up, but other offline models do. Is this normal?

Do you have any geoblocking at all? If so you won't show up to anyone who's not logged in.

Upvote 0
Do you have any geoblocking at all? If so you won't show up to anyone who's not logged in.

Oh it could be that! I forgot I had my vpn turned off. Speaking of, I'm not able to access either the model side or broadcast side of streamate when using a VPN, so I had to stream without. Is there a way to fix this?

Upvote 0
Oh it could be that! I forgot I had my vpn turned off. Speaking of, I'm not able to access either the model side or broadcast side of streamate when using a VPN, so I had to stream without. Is there a way to fix this?

Streamate prohibits using a VPN when streaming or logging in as a member. It sets off red flags on their end.

Upvote 0
OMG my camera is coming tonight, I have a vanilla job but this weekend I hope to put in hella hours . I have my rates set at 4.99 and 5.99 thanks to the great advice from the contributors of this thread❤️. I have decided to focus on getting time in and not necessarily on money right away. Plus while stalking the site it seems slow lately. I want to record my streams in case of any good performances i can make videos of those. Can I sale these recordings of past shows to tippers? What about on a clips site?? Thanks for any input.

I resell/repost my gold shows and have had no problem with it. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me I really appreciate it.

No prob!

Also to answer your previous question about getting over jitters and just streaming I try to do something that gets me pumped beforehand. Sometimes listening to music, going for a walk with my dog, having a caffinated drink, watching a funny show, watching youtube as I set up etc can help. I wish it got easier honestly. I've been camming 5 years now and I'm scared to log on tonight and feel nervous lol. When I get on I sometimes will put a countdown timer and it helps me get through the shift if I start to get nervous/tired. It's nice to look at the clock and be like "Okay! I have __hrs & __ mins left: I can do this!"

Upvote 0
Okay so I went and double checked without the VPN and you definitely can't find me! I searched myself during my broadcast today and nothing! Yesterday I could. This is gonna be a big problem if any followers from chaturbate or instagram come looking for me! And god knows I need to hang on to as many of them as I can. I'm emailing support but they have been pretty slow in the past, so if anyone knows why this is happening please let me know!
I was able to find you no problem! Which is good means others can too. I would message support. Side note: I’d add a few photos to your profile. I get favorited when I’m not online and I think it’s because of photos (I realize you might be waiting for approval)

Point being I can see you

Upvote 0
I was able to find you no problem! Which is good means others can too. I would message support. Side note: I’d add a few photos to your profile. I get favorited when I’m not online and I think it’s because of photos (I realize you might be waiting for approval)

Point being I can see you

Lol, thanks! I realized almost immediately after posting this that wait.. of course I can't see it with my VPN off! My brain reversed things. Derp. I'm guessing I could see it yesterday because the geoblocking hadn't gone through yet? Went to delete the post but you'd already responded. XD

Reactions: NerdyZoey
Upvote 0
So I've finally done a few shows on Streamate now, sorted out most of my set up issues, and over all am feeling good about the whole thing! Had my first exclusive last night, but there seemed to be some technical difficulties trying to set up cam2cam, and he had to log on and off a few times. I feel bad because he paid for a 15min block and didn't really get much out of it. He eventually got his cam working in premium, but only stayed for a short while there. While I think the problem was on his end, I just wanted to check if other people had experienced this, in case something on my end was messing it up.

Upvote 0
So I've finally done a few shows on Streamate now, sorted out most of my set up issues, and over all am feeling good about the whole thing! Had my first exclusive last night, but there seemed to be some technical difficulties trying to set up cam2cam, and he had to log on and off a few times. I feel bad because he paid for a 15min block and didn't really get much out of it. He eventually got his cam working in premium, but only stayed for a short while there. While I think the problem was on his end, I just wanted to check if other people had experienced this, in case something on my end was messing it up.
SM is known for having issues. For me c2c works about 50% of the time. I don’t think it’s his fault or your but the sites. Use the report button (tell him to do it too) and report the glitch. Maybe one day after millions of reports SM will do something about it.

Reactions: Lilah_Marquise
Upvote 0
I started just today on Streamate and I can't figure out how to start a gold show. I have a spin a wheel for a prize, tipped requests available, but people just keep going in and out. I assume a gold show might get some of them to stay longer? I put it in party chat mode and then allowed free chat, which I originally had set to no... But the Gold Show button isn't appearing? Anyone know why that might be?

Edit: Found my answer. I'm streaming in HD with audio enabled, but my average rating is a 4 (I guess that's where we start off at?) and not a 4.5 yet. That's kind of frustrating lol oh well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: Found my answer. I'm streaming in HD with audio enabled, but my average rating is a 4 (I guess that's where we start off at?) and not a 4.5 yet. That's kind of frustrating lol oh well

Yeah you can't do Gold Shows when you're starting, you receive a message once you're allowed to do them. For me it didn't take long, less than a week. And yes you keep a 4-star average rating for as long as you don't have 5 ratings.

Upvote 0
Do you find people who say they'll come back for exclusive actually do it?

I haven't been on SM very long, and overall the experience has been better than Chaturbate. But I am frustrated with one particular issue. I spend a lot of time talking to guys who seem to like me and want to go exclusive, but once asked directly, say they need to leave soon, will come back another time, once they've bought gold...etc.

I'm trying to approach all this unpaid time online as an investment towards better ranking and building a fanbase, but it sucks chatting up a guy for 30+min just to have him leave without even a tip.

Do you think any of these types come back as paying regulars? I don't want to be a "take me exclusive or fuck off" kind of girl, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm too patient with them.

Upvote 0

Never.

once they've bought gold...etc.

They don't need to buy gold, Streamate bills after the fact. They're liars liars pants on fire.

After like 3-5 lines of chat from someone, I start responding "I'd love to talk more about that in private", to let the chatty Cathy's know that they can't just sit around talking all day. I lose money if I'm conversing in free chat, so I don't entertain it.

Upvote 0
Never.

They don't need to buy gold, Streamate bills after the fact. They're liars liars pants on fire.

After like 3-5 lines of chat from someone, I start responding "I'd love to talk more about that in private", to let the chatty Cathy's know that they can't just sit around talking all day. I lose money if I'm conversing in free chat, so I don't entertain it.

Aaaaaand now I feel like a naive moron again. Getting very familiar with the feeling :facepalm:

Upvote 0
Hey ladies I would really like help on this. So I've on and off cam for a few years but I'm not taking it more seriously and I'm trying to make it my main job. I don't really know what I should be pricing my self. I have experience just not a huge following. What do you guys think would be good to charge?

Upvote 0

I haven't been on SM very long, and overall the experience has been better than Chaturbate. But I am frustrated with one particular issue. I spend a lot of time talking to guys who seem to like me and want to go exclusive, but once asked directly, say they need to leave soon, will come back another time, once they've bought gold...etc.

I'm trying to approach all this unpaid time online as an investment towards better ranking and building a fanbase, but it sucks chatting up a guy for 30+min just to have him leave without even a tip.

Do you think any of these types come back as paying regulars? I don't want to be a "take me exclusive or fuck off" kind of girl, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm too patient with them.

Mostly they're time-wasters-but I have had plenty of guys who have hung out in my room just talking for quite awhile/on multiple days before going on to do hour-long exclusives in the future. So I give talkers a chance as long as they're not being irritating/obviously just enjoying the free view. After a few exchanges you can usually get a sense of what they're about.

There are some where they've gone on to become good spenders who I'm pretty sure would have been scared off if I pushed the issue of going private too hard or too soon. It can be a bit tricky to judge. However, unless they're new, most members who hang out and chat with getting to know you in mind and have an actual intention of doing shows later know enough to throw a few tips into free chat here and there. They don't hang out, ask what's the biggest cock you've ever had, or make excuses.

Some of them still manage to fool me, but oh well--my room actually gets busier (including more shows) when I'm blabbing, so at least it helps with that. YMMV, I'm pretty "girl next door"/vanilla, and I tend to cater to guys who want something more like GFE.

Upvote 0
6B1EC84F-88DF-484B-9B06-C63290D68D3A.jpeg
What does this countdown mean? The 3, 2, 1, Camera one? First time broadcasting last night and I’m guessing it’s when it would take my screen shot for the listing page?

Upvote 0
View attachment 79207
What does this countdown mean? The 3, 2, 1, Camera one? First time broadcasting last night and I’m guessing it’s when it would take my screen shot for the listing page?

Yep, it's the screencap for your display pic. You can also message support and ask for a static display pic, so it just shows what you upload. The screencap always caught me in the middle of flipping my hair so it was always a big blur.

• Helpful!
Reactions: jessica21
Upvote 0

I keep my chat playful and if people get too sexual in free chat I warn them they can talk about that in private or exclusive. I also wont show my toys, or rattle off my fetishes in free chat. I let people sit and talk, but I also control my room. I think of everything as free advertising. So even if I talk for an hour and get no shows or tips, someone probably favorited me and might be back, and padding my monthly time online. Once I got into that headspace, that no time on cam is wasted time, my shifts became much more productive.

Reactions: Lilah_Marquise
Upvote 0
Hey ladies I would really like help on this. So I've on and off cam for a few years but I'm not taking it more seriously and I'm trying to make it my main job. I don't really know what I should be pricing my self. I have experience just not a huge following. What do you guys think would be good to charge?

Personally, I used 2 things to help me decide : what I am charging / what I am making on Chaturbate since I'm already camming there + I searched the forum to see what girls are charging / used to charge when they were starting.

Even though I have overall less than 6 months experience in camming (part-time), I decided I would charge 5,99 Prem et 7,99 Excl (had to harass SM a bit for them to accept to raise my Excl rate) and I don't have much dudes complaining about my rates. I decided I'd rather start with what I think I deserve, then see if I should lower my rates if really it doesn't work out.

Reactions: SirenCove
Upvote 0
If I have a couples account and a single account, can I advertise and post links to my couples account on my main account?
This is a good question that I am not 100% about. I would imagine that posting links wouldn't be a good idea since we not even suppose to post our own cammodel links in our room.... but I don't see a reason you couldn't mention the name on your other account when your live.

Reactions: AnnaWasted
Upvote 0
If I have a couples account and a single account, can I advertise and post links to my couples account on my main account?

I've seen models do this in their bio multiple times but have no clue if it's in the rules or not. I know a few models that have been working for years on SM with this in their bio and I'm sure if it wasn't in the rules SM would had at least noticed them by now.

Upvote 0