AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Yep, it's the screencap for your display pic. You can also message support and ask for a static display pic, so it just shows what you upload. The screencap always caught me in the middle of flipping my hair so it was always a big blur.
How long did it take for support to do this? I've been trying to get them to change mine all week I've noticed the screenshot greatly affected my traffic :(

Upvote 0
How long did it take for support to do this? I've been trying to get them to change mine all week I've noticed the screenshot greatly affected my traffic :(

I think about one business day. Keep bugging them if they don't update it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Damn. I've been writing them all week with this request :(

They took 4 or 5 days to get mine in place. Been waiting almost a week for a separate thing. I think they're extra slow right now, so you're not the only one

Upvote 0
Just wondering when you ladies had new model status about how many hours did you ladies put in? I have a vanilla job and 3 babies which includes a high needs 2.5 y/o, so I am increasing my hours but I have not been able to do 30/40 a week on cam. I am shooting for 15-25, but the last 2 weeks it's been about 10/wk:worried:. My new models status is up on 12/26, if I have at least 50-60 hours in will that be enough for a higher placement, or am i doomed to page 6/7? Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0
Just wondering when you ladies had new model status about how many hours did you ladies put in? I have a vanilla job and 3 babies which includes a high needs 2.5 y/o, so I am increasing my hours but I have not been able to do 30/40 a week on cam. I am shooting for 15-25, but the last 2 weeks it's been about 10/wk:worried:. My new models status is up on 12/26, if I have at least 50-60 hours in will that be enough for a higher placement, or am i doomed to page 6/7? Thanks for any input.

I didn't cam at all during my new model status, my account was like 2.5 months old when I started using it. I still was able to do pretty well off the bat. I cammed for one day without using the encoder, and was on page 4 that day. The next day, I was on page 2 with the encoder.

Upvote 0
15-20 hours is about my average though I’m trying to raise it to 25-30.... I’ve been midpage one and I’m now top page two. Both without the “excellent “ ranking on time spent online. I’m hopefully changing it this week. However, I don’t think time really effects placement too much honestly, and placement doesn’t equate to more money. I’ve made more money on page 6 some days than page 1.... just focus on improving your show and putting in what hours are possible and your rank will reflect that. It’ll fluctuate and it’s not worth stressing too much over it :)

Upvote 0
Just wondering when you ladies had new model status about how many hours did you ladies put in? I have a vanilla job and 3 babies which includes a high needs 2.5 y/o, so I am increasing my hours but I have not been able to do 30/40 a week on cam. I am shooting for 15-25, but the last 2 weeks it's been about 10/wk:worried:. My new models status is up on 12/26, if I have at least 50-60 hours in will that be enough for a higher placement, or am i doomed to page 6/7? Thanks for any input

you should be fine. I put in the same amount of hours with a very busy school schedule. maybe less. my placement was garbage. even if you end up on page 5, you should be good. a lot of us crawled from the depths of back pages. keep doing what i suggested in another thread. ask for tags and favorites everytime someone compliments you. tags help members find you if they are looking for something specific. favorites will also help you placement. when you get verified, we have a thread in mo where you can ask for tags for sm, and we can give you them with our member accounts. i suggest creating one too to tag yourself as well. sign up through your cammodels link, so in case you do spend money on other models, you get 20% back. or don't spend and click on any models so you can see the true placement.

Upvote 0
Just wondering when you ladies had new model status about how many hours did you ladies put in? I have a vanilla job and 3 babies which includes a high needs 2.5 y/o, so I am increasing my hours but I have not been able to do 30/40 a week on cam. I am shooting for 15-25, but the last 2 weeks it's been about 10/wk:worried:. My new models status is up on 12/26, if I have at least 50-60 hours in will that be enough for a higher placement, or am i doomed to page 6/7? Thanks for any input.[/QUO
Thanks ladies, that's quite a relief.
You can absolutely track on page one in minimal time. Just get your 5, five star rating That's it. After that I was mid page of the front page. Ignore the bs about getting more hours in. sm just wants as many models working as much as possible as far as I can tell. Get those 5 star ratings. That's what matters. Ignore the "excellent" time rating on the reports. It does not affect your rating. After all, how could I be ranked on the first page in 4 hours? You can do it!

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
They've been pretty slow recently, I don't know if they have a huge backlog or what.
There probably is since new year means new wave of new models. also new models trying to get that extra christmas coin. This time of the year support always drags it seems.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
You can absolutely track on page one in minimal time. Just get your 5, five star rating That's it. After that I was mid page of the front page. Ignore the bs about getting more hours in. sm just wants as many models working as much as possible as far as I can tell. Get those 5 star ratings. That's what matters. Ignore the "excellent" time rating on the reports. It does not affect your rating. After all, how could I be ranked on the first page in 4 hours? You can do it!

Hours do have an impact, but it's only a difference of a few rows. The biggest factors are 5-star ratings, stream quality, and $/hr. 30 hours a month at $20/hr are going to be better for your ranking than 90 hours at $10/hr.

Reactions: NerdyZoey
Upvote 0
Hours do have an impact, but it's only a difference of a few rows. The biggest factors are 5-star ratings, stream quality, and $/hr. 30 hours a month at $20/hr are going to be better for your ranking than 90 hours at $10/hr.
Well yes I mean to say that working unpaid hours endlessly is not going to help placement. it affects it negatively. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. The site itself pretends that all hours are good hours but that's not true.

Upvote 0
you should be fine. I put in the same amount of hours with a very busy school schedule. maybe less. my placement was garbage. even if you end up on page 5, you should be good. a lot of us crawled from the depths of back pages. keep doing what i suggested in another thread. ask for tags and favorites everytime someone compliments you. tags help members find you if they are looking for something specific. favorites will also help you placement. when you get verified, we have a thread in mo where you can ask for tags for sm, and we can give you them with our member accounts. i suggest creating one too to tag yourself as well. sign up through your cammodels link, so in case you do spend money on other models, you get 20% back. or don't spend and click on any models so you can see the true placement.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    649.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have 5 5 stars I guess they're just super busy, it's ok I'm going to take all the advice given, and if it takes too long I'll message support. It's only been 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
I have nothing but 5 star ratings and I dropped to page 2 the only thing that changed is my hours? I wouldn’t say I fell far from grace like I went from mid page 1 to top of page 2 but it has made a slight change. I wasn’t in excellent for either, but hope to be soon and I’ll let people know if it put me back on page 1

Reactions: C_huxstable
Upvote 0

Off topic but I just watched that movie yesterday lol.

But yeah what the others said! I’m pretty lousy with my hours (usually 30-40 hrs on the ranking page) and am still on the first page. I think ratings and hourly factors in a bit more.

Upvote 0
I have nothing but 5 star ratings and I dropped to page 2 the only thing that changed is my hours? I wouldn’t say I fell far from grace like I went from mid page 1 to top of page 2 but it has made a slight change. I wasn’t in excellent for either, but hope to be soon and I’ll let people know if it put me back on page 1

Did you have a lot of sitting time without a tip, pvt or excl? That's what I'm referring to when I mention unpaid hours. They affect your placement. Also you will be bumped if there are a lot of top models on. I mean Models who have been killing it on the site. If their hourly rate averages to be higher than yours then they're going to bump you if they're on when you are. But if you find it's slow and you haven't had a pvt with anyone in over a couple hours, that will hurt your placement especially if it's happened a lot. This I have definitely noticed. That being said my friend made a good argument that when you're new you should worry less about this just because you want to work lots of different hours to get noticed and make regulars. So that will hurt your placement but it makes a good point for building the future

Reactions: NerdyZoey
Upvote 0
Okay so I have a solo and couples account. Do y'all think charging $5.99 for Pvt and $6.99 in exl is too little or too much?

I can't say what's "right" because it varies from person to person, but that's definitely not too much. I'm solo, tease and fetish only, and charge $5.49/$9.99. Exclusive is mostly financial domination for me, general fetishes like feet and smoking go in private.

Upvote 0
Okay so I have a solo and couples account. Do y'all think charging $5.99 for Pvt and $6.99 in exl is too little or too much on my couple account?

The only way to know for sure is to try it out for awhile, then tweak it and see what happens. Personally, whatever I have them set to at any given time, I like to keep private and exclusive further apart. For me, at $1 apart, almost everyone will choose to go exclusive, when I would much rather do an easier show for multiple members in private, and get paid more in total. But that's been trial and error on my part. If, say, you don't tend to get multiples in the room, I'm sure things end up very different! (Either way, I agree that it's not too much!)

Upvote 0
I know they're slow right now, but has anyone gotten through to SM support recently? I've been waiting forever to hear back and it's driving me nuts. Got several things that need dealing with. I keep messaging them every few days and no response for at least a week!
It took them a full week to fix my thumbnail. It's very slow! :(

Upvote 0
Okay so I have a solo and couples account. Do y'all think charging $5.99 for Pvt and $6.99 in exl is too little or too much on my couple account?

You can set whatever price you want but you have to be able to sell the value of it to the members in your room. You have to consider you're getting response from two veteran SM models that have groomed regulars for years. They know how to sell the value of their session prices to members and understand the fetish niche the member are coming to them for. They aren't just throwing darts at a wall setting their prices.

Before you just set an arbitrary rate make sure you have some niche in mind and look at the rates for that niche. Dom, Subs and vanillas don't usually all have exactly the same rate for a reason. Some niches have members that are willing to spend a lot more than others but no model can specialize in everything.

Upvote 0

Whenever I set a price, I stay at the price consistently for a set amount of hours, then I use the rate analysis built into our sm accounts and my own notes, to see how things add up.

When I raised my prices last time, I still averaged the same hourly, but the quality of my shows increased and I wasnt burning myself out. See how it goes, and what works best. Good thing is you can change your rates whenever you feel like it!

Upvote 0