AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate traffic???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AllisonWilder said:
The kick/ban abilities are for models to use at their own discretion. I kick/ban anyone I want, for whatever reason I want. If a room full of silent people makes me uncomfortable, I kick them because if I'm going to have a silent room, I'd rather have an empty silent room, much like I imagine the OP did (who I'm pretty sure isn't checking this thread since it's over a year old).

SenaLuna said:
Also the massive computer nerd in me can't resist pointing out that an i7 and 8gb RAM isn't really going to help camming. :lol That's twice as much as you need for most MMORPG games and camming isn't even remotely as computer-intensive as those. On the tech side camming is more about need speed and picture quality than processing and memory.

I have to disagree. Camming on SM with the encoder (that is highly recommended for optimal site placement) is very computer-intensive. If your computer isn't up to par, it won't matter how fast your internet is or how great your webcam is because your placement will suffer.

Kicking/banning quiet people still doesn't make sense to me. Yes, you have a right to use those abilities to your discretion but I would worry too much about how that would affect my customer base.

I'm of the opinion that its not right to punish someone who isn't hurting anyone, and I'd worry I'm chasing off someone who might eventually start socializing/supporting or who could be advertising the room to people who are willing to. I'd also be a little worried I could be kicking someone who enjoys the show but is too anxious to speak, social anxiety is a common but very misunderstood thing.

On top of that I would think trimming down the size of your room would give the wrong impression to new people entering the room. If I enter a room in MFC and its got 50+ people I think "Hey, this girl is probably pretty interesting and has really good stage presence if she has this many people in here." and I stay and try to learn. If I go into a room and its <10 and usually the girl is actually being pretty boring and not connecting with the audience, so I leave. If I enter a room with <10 people I immediately wonder why, and am less likely to stick around. I personally wouldn't want to trim down my room size because I'd worry how many customers have the same mindset.

But hey, maybe I'm overthinking.

Good to know, and I checked it out and it does require an i5 or higher. That seems a little excessive because i7s are usually for things like super modded single player games. I'm on a Phenom ii x4 which is enough to run multiple instances of WoW, a voice chat program, and a browser with no problem. The fact that an encoder for a webcam takes loads more power is more than a little ridiculous.

I uh, checked her out a few times if you know what I mean. Awesome person but haven't seen her online in months.

Derp. Came here to reply to this but got distracted by the other post.

She's moved over to Naked.com

http://new.naked.com/webcam/Noah-Bensi/35627

Kicking one or two quiet people could be alienating, yes, but when you have a full room and not one of them is talking to you or responding to your efforts to make conversation, it can be highly frustrating.

Now, on Streammate, the room counts are vastly different from those on token sites, of course. I usually only have 1 or 2 guys in my chat, plus however many are watching without accounts. They usually at least strike up some small talk when they come in, even if they don't stay for a private. A lot of the customer base on SM is looking to take a model private and get off, some without chatting first, some after striking up a short convo, so room counts aren't as important. Most guys, in my experience, enter my room, small talk with me for a minute or two, ask me if I'll do xyz in private, then either take me private or move on to a model who offers what they're looking for. My room count has absolutely no effect on this. I've never experienced a room full of silent dudes on Streammate, but I've had 75 people in my Chaturbate room once, without even the "open bobs bb" goobers speaking, and after trying and failing to get them to say ANYTHING - how was your day, any plans this weekend, you guys wanna see my tits - I've said it was time to go to bed and logged off, because I have yet to have a silent goober night become profitable there. Streammate is a little different, and I can totally understand kicking a room full of silent dudes there. I'm sure a potential viewer would rather see me smiling and jiggling my butt to an empty room than trying to strike up a hopeless conversation with a full room, which would leave me visibly annoyed despite trying to plaster a happy demeanor over it. I fidget by jiggling and flexing my glutes, and doing this while smiling and surfing the net gets me way more privates than having a full room ever does.

Yes, some models run a pretty social room on Streammate, and a higher room count could benefit them. However, that dynamic doesn't work for everyone, and some of us really benefit from a smaller, more intimate environment.

SenaLuna said:
On top of that I would think trimming down the size of your room would give the wrong impression to new people entering the room. If I enter a room in MFC and its got 50+ people I think "Hey, this girl is probably pretty interesting and has really good stage presence if she has this many people in here." and I stay and try to learn. If I go into a room and its <10 and usually the girl is actually being pretty boring and not connecting with the audience, so I leave. If I enter a room with <10 people I immediately wonder why, and am less likely to stick around. I personally wouldn't want to trim down my room size because I'd worry how many customers have the same mindset.

Streamate and MFC are two very different sites. Even on my best placement/ranking days, when I am between row 2-4 on the homepage, I'll still usually only have a handful (5-15, maybe) of registered users in my room at one time if I'm not doing a GoldShow countdown. Streamate is primarily a private-based site, not a tipping/token-based site, so room counts really don't impact me in the same way they would on a site like MFC or Chaturbate.

BrittanyLive is in row 1 of the SM homepage right now, for example, and she has 14 people in her room.

My general camming policy is to kick and/or ban anyone who makes me feel uncomfortable or negatively impacts my mood. If that included lurkers, I would kick them too.

AllisonWilder said:
I have to disagree. Camming on SM with the encoder (that is highly recommended for optimal site placement) is very computer-intensive. If your computer isn't up to par, it won't matter how fast your internet is or how great your webcam is because your placement will suffer.

This.
My i7 MacBook Pro w/ 8gigs of RAM etc can't smoothly run two instances of the encoder because of how intensive it is, even though it can run a shit-ton of other programs simultaneously, haha.
So, if you're interested in streaming on SM and/or interested in running multiple video streams at once, power is important.

I don't think 20 is a low number for streamate. That's a pretty decent sized room. I don't use MFC anymore but there was always more folks on there than on SM. I do ok on SM though I've had price fluctuations in the past month or so. I would recommend that if they aren't talking to you or giving you a reason to dance and you're tiring the hell out of yourself then just chill out and rest. I've had days where I pull out my N64 or a book/game boy and various items if ppl aren't talking because I don't wanna drive myself insane. Sometimes I edit pictures and videos and I let ppl know full well why I'm doing random shit... cause if no one is giving me back the energy I put out I'm not gonna put it out any longer. I'm not mean or rude about it but showing off yourself too much can be damaging as well... many will sit there and not pay because you're showing all ur parts for free.

I'd also say bring something to the table that you are into or that is unique to you. I'm an avid pump it up player, I love raves, the gym, old school and a bit of new school gaming and wrestling so I try to talk about those things and bring that out of ppl. If you're passionate about dancing... talk about that too but I think the guys who pay might want more of a reason to connect with you be it that you're a femdom or a nerd or sports fan... something that makes seeing you different than seeing any other girl.

Or at least that's my belief.. I could be entirely wrong but it works fairly well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.