AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
Great White North
I recently started roaming around Streamate

and I'm confused about a few things
what's the difference between Privates and Exclusives and Party Chat and Block Time?
I've figured out Gold Shows :p

mfc has been up til now, the only cam site I've ever frequented
I'm finding streamate appealing because of the cam quality I'm finding in rooms.

thanks

Privates are like group shows on MFC, Exclusives are like TruPrivate. Party chat is when everyone can see what everyone else is saying, unlike classic chat where only the model can see what you're saying.

Block shows are when you 'pre-order' a set amount of time with a model in private or exclusive. It gives you a discounted rate and she's guaranteed the money if you leave the show early.

Reactions: bob and Crumb
forgive me if i'm slow here, but...

if I take a girl private on sm, other dudes can join, yeah? or is it akin to spying in mfc?
do privates and exclusives have static prices or do the girls set their own price?

thanks easybake

Crumb said:

if I take a girl private on sm, other dudes can join, yeah? or is it akin to spying in mfc?

thanks easybake
As I understand it, there's two kinds of privates--Premium which is like MFC's group and Exclusive, which is like MFC's true private. Oh, and Gold Shows which are like pre-paid groups. :)

Reactions: Apollonia Damour
Crumb said:

do privates and exclusives have static prices or do the girls set their own price?

thanks easybake

Private chat is like group where other people can come in and see the model and also talk to her make requests if they choose. Exclusive is just you and the model no peaking. Models set their own private and exclusive rates.

Crumb said:

It's more like a group where everyone gets a say. The models are pretty unique on how they run theirs, so you'll get ones that allow everyone to join in on the fun, some that do a 'general' show and let you voyeur the activities, and then others who do a first come first served kind of thing! You know, just to confuse you further ;)

They set their own!

Yep pretty much what they said :)
They way models do things on there vary from room to room, and some models have gold clubs as well. If you wind up really liking a model who has one I recommend joining it because then you get a discount when you take her private (and all the other goodies that come with it as well). :thumbleft:

Reactions: Crumb
Listen your not slow fella. I have been a strict SM user for a while now.
I just recently got an account on MFC and its a different world all together for me.

I got this pocket full of tokens and have gone into a few MFC rooms and its like THUNDERDOME in there.
There's typing and emotes and 300 clients in a room and everybody is yelling and hooting and I don't know whats going on half the time.
There are timers for things and the models have spinning wheels behind them and typing that's going on the side screen and names every where.
I swear to god MFC has given me A.D.D.
I think I need some kind of "sherpa" to help me navigate the place for christ's sake.

Maybe I'm just used to SM. Click on a room. go in, say Hi, check the prices...see if there is a Gold show. Tip for chat or Boobs if the model is up for it..if not move on .Check your favorites, see if any are on, go in for some chat or what not.

Exclusive for the one on one, phone and cam to cam if the models have/want it
Private for the group thing, you get the show but you might get more clients in there with you. You can also get cam to cam if the model feels like it..some of them do..some of them don't. Some of them have sound,,,some of them don't.(Most have sound)
Gold shows if there are enough clients, kick in and the model leads the show or sometimes highest tipper gets his name moaned or directs the show.There is no cam to cam in Gold Shows and no phone.
Some models have discount blocks which can go in 15, 30, 45 or even 60 mins blocks.
Maybe its just my inability to multi task but DAMN MFC is a little confusing.

So I find SM easy and MFC hard LOL :)

Oh and if I can get a "sherpa" for MFC I'll burn tokens like a coked up monkey with wooden spoons bangin on a lobster pot LOL
because i have no idea if anyone evens knows I'm in the room LOL

The thing I like about Streammates is the gold shows, a set price for a show of certain length, and you can make request during the gold show although more often than not the model pretty much has set routine, e.g I'm going to BJ on a dildo and then use it. It is nice because it eliminates a freeloaders and is more affordable than a private show.

The two things I don't like about Streammate is it bothers me that models only get 35% of the money I pay for the show or tip.
But more than that I miss the sense of community where you have a fairly steady group of regulars who hang out at models room. Does that occur in some SM models rooms? I primarily go to a former MFC model's who has switched over to SM. While we do chat as she is collecting pledges for the Gold Show,the moment the show ends we find ourselves dumped back on the home page. The model often takes 10 to 30 minutes to puts her clothes back on, grabs a bite to it etc. before logging back on the SM. In the past we could hang in her chat room on MFC, but we haven't figured out how to replicated that experience on SM.

Reactions: JustHoneyKiss
thanks to everyone for their replies

couple last questions

how do I find a model's prices for private etc
privates aren't archived, like mfc, for us, right?

HiGirlsRHot said:
The two things I don't like about Streammate is it bothers me that models only get 35% of the money I pay for the show or tip.

She gets a higher percentage if you signed up for the site using her link and most of the models who work on SM aren't bothered by the percentage because 35% of something is better than 50% of very little and sometimes nothing.

HiGirlsRHot said:
But more than that I miss the sense of community where you have a fairly steady group of regulars who hang out at models room. Does that occur in some SM models rooms? I primarily go to a former MFC model's who has switched over to SM. While we do chat as she is collecting pledges for the Gold Show,the moment the show ends we find ourselves dumped back on the home page. The model often takes 10 to 30 minutes to puts her clothes back on, grabs a bite to it etc. before logging back on the SM. In the past we could hang in her chat room on MFC, but we haven't figured out how to replicated that experience on SM.

You really can't replicate that community experience but you can learn to embrace the one-on-one private experiences you can get on Streamate and enjoy your time with the model. :thumbleft:

Crumb said:
thanks to everyone for their replies

couple last questions

how do I find a model's prices for private etc
privates aren't archived, like mfc, for us, right?

For prices, just click the 'Enter My Private Live Show' and a menu will pop up showing everything and giving you the option to continue into the paid chat. Privates aren't archived.

I believe the answer is "yes", but just checking... If the guy who initiated the private leaves the room, the private continues, right? If there are other guys watching it, of course.

AllisonWilder said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

She gets a higher percentage if you signed up for the site using her link and most of the models who work on SM aren't bothered by the percentage because 35% of something is better than 50% of very little and sometimes nothing.

HiGirlsRHot said:

You really can't replicate that community experience but you can learn to embrace the one-on-one private experiences you can get on Streamate and enjoy your time with the model. :thumbleft:

This. MFC focuses on giving the members a community, which to some people can be negative. Streamate focuses the attention on the model while giving the model the option to allow members to chat together if they want to (Party Chat), which to some people can be negative. It's all about preference.

HiGirlsRHot said:
What makes me very upset on SM is when members say, "hey, I was going to give you GOLD but I'm not going to waste that money if you're only getting 35%."
I make more on SM, with the 35% pay, than I did on MFC, with their 65% pay. If you like a model, you should give her money - don't worry about where it's going. She's still getting paid, getting closer to her goal, and you're making her happy. If we made a better percentage, then we wouldn't get all the traffic that the rest of the percentage pays for.

Myfreecams and Streamate are not the same website, and they are not intended to function the same.

I find that the only members who don't like streamate are the guys from MFC who are used to being able to sit in free chat for hours and see whatever they want. When they go to Streamate, and realize that their favorite model is going to be spending a lot of time in private chats with other members, they immediately start wondering why the model doesn't stay in free chat... and essentially turning Streamate in to MyFreeCams. If you don't like the format, you don't need to be there; and if your favorite model cams exclusively on Streamate, take her to private to talk, or stop seeing her. Streamate is not going to change because there's no problem with it.

Streamate is a site focused on the model working in private chat. Streamate does not have the same community feel as MFC; it's not supposed to, and it doesn't need to. Socialization is not necessarily better nor easier than sexual interaction. Members may want all the free socialization they can get, and they are free to do that on other websites. On Streamate, it is expected that if you want personal time with a model, you pay for it. If it bothers you that your model wants to take some personal time to herself after shows, maybe you can ask her to stop taking breaks and stay online in free chat just to talk to you so you can replicate your MFC experience.

Evvie said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
What makes me very upset on SM is when members say, "hey, I was going to give you GOLD but I'm not going to waste that money if you're only getting 35%."
I make more on SM, with the 35% pay, than I did on MFC, with their 65% pay. If you like a model, you should give her money - don't worry about where it's going. She's still getting paid, getting closer to her goal, and you're making her happy. If we made a better percentage, then we wouldn't get all the traffic that the rest of the percentage pays for.

Myfreecams and Streamate are not the same website, and they are not intended to function the same.

I find that the only members who don't like streamate are the guys from MFC who are used to being able to sit in free chat for hours and see whatever they want. When they go to Streamate, and realize that their favorite model is going to be spending a lot of time in private chats with other members, they immediately start wondering why the model doesn't stay in free chat... and essentially turning Streamate in to MyFreeCams. If you don't like the format, you don't need to be there; and if your favorite model cams exclusively on Streamate, take her to private to talk, or stop seeing her. Streamate is not going to change because there's no problem with it.

Streamate is a site focused on the model working in private chat. Streamate does not have the same community feel as MFC; it's not supposed to, and it doesn't need to. Socialization is not necessarily better nor easier than sexual interaction. Members may want all the free socialization they can get, and they are free to do that on other websites. On Streamate, it is expected that if you want personal time with a model, you pay for it. If it bothers you that your model wants to take some personal time to herself after shows, maybe you can ask her to stop taking breaks and stay online in free chat just to talk to you so you can replicate your MFC experience.

uh9Eo.gif

A thank wasn't enough... :shifty:

Evvie said:
I find that the only members who don't like streamate are the guys from MFC who are used to being able to sit in free chat for hours and see whatever they want. When they go to Streamate, and realize that their favorite model is going to be spending a lot of time in private chats with other members, they immediately start wondering why the model doesn't stay in free chat.

Exactly...well said! Those members are used to having unlimited access to a wide variety of shows in MFC public chats. They're not used to per-minute private-based cam sites such as Streamate, which is strict about 'no full nudity/masturbation in public chat', and no mentioning Skype, etc.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Evvie said:
I find that the only members who don't like streamate are the guys from MFC who are used to being able to sit in free chat for hours and see whatever they want. When they go to Streamate, and realize that their favorite model is going to be spending a lot of time in private chats with other members, they immediately start wondering why the model doesn't stay in free chat.

Exactly...well said! Those members are used to having unlimited access to a wide variety of shows in MFC public chats. They're not used to per-minute private-based cam sites such as Streamate, which is strict about 'no full nudity/masturbation in public chat', and no mentioning Skype, etc.
I would also like to say, I have no issue with the MFC styled stuff. It isn't right for me personally, but I have no qualms with models and members that prefer doing things that way.

BUT, also remember that not all camsites are meant to be the same. It is okay to like how things are done on MFC, but you can't go to another website and expect things to work the same way.

Many members who spend time on MFC seem to prefer the always-public type stuff so they always have full access to the model. If your favorite model no longer cams on a site where this is possible, you should consider buying Skype time if she does it or finding ways so that you can talk to her how you're used to.

And, I don't want to be a big meanie, but personally for me (and many other models have said the same), they do not want you to act like you're on MFC when they're on Streamate. These sites have a different vibe, and it can be very hard to focus on getting shows done when an MFC member wants to have a long conversation about your day or politics or what have you. With very few exceptions, I feel stress when an MFC member comes in to my room, because I worry they are going to derail what I'm trying to do.

I suppose, simply put: Streamate is not a site where you can have long conversations in public chat. It just doesn't work like that, and when people try to do it, they end up frustrated or the model ends up frustrated. If having an extended live video conversation with a model in free chat is extremely important to your experience, I do not think Streamate is the right site for you. It might suck for you if a model you like goes to a website where this is not possible, but you are always welcome to buy a paid chat session to regain that personal time.

I've done both types of sites.

In some ways I prefer MFC: Social interaction between members and models, the lounges when I have no favorites on, etc.

In some ways, though, the Streammate-style sites are better. Depending on her prices, it might be a hell of a lot cheaper to take a model private on one of those sites than MFC for the same amount of time. This also depends on if the private is a private that allows spies, like how Naked used to do it when I went on there years back, or if a private is more like a group on MFC. If it's the former, then as long as she isn't charging $6 a minute, it's cheaper than MFC (until you can buy bigger packages of tokens, then it can even out). If it's the latter, well, going group on MFC is probably cheaper.

It also depends on the model, though, too. Some models like the social aspects of MFC, some prefer to do more private shows instead. And while there's freeloaders on both types of sites, they tend to be less common on the Streammate-style ones, because most of them dont allow any nudity outside of pay chat (this is changing with more sites getting some sort of tip option, though).

EDIT: I just checked Naked, to see hwo they do it now. There is tipping for nudity and more in public, group (needs 4 people to start), and the private option (with spying available). But, Naked's credits are pretty much 1 credit per $1. So, the model I am looking at now has her group set to .99 credits/min for group (essentially the same as MFC) and 4.99 credits/min for private. Again, though, the credits might as well just be listed as dollars, since 1 credit is 99 cents. Her topic is also 5 credits for boobs, 10 for va jay jay and 20 for a show. Er she just changed it, 15 for a show, 25 for DP.

thread resurrection!... if only for this one tiny bump :p

I'm starting to enjoy and visiting Streamate more and more
as I mentioned in my original post, the cam quality is far better than what i'm used to in mfc
filters are better, can find what I'm looking for a whole lot better
I'm not hit with terrible lag in the evenings like I am on mfc
cheaper privates yo, and it still feels like a mfc private to me where I'm the only dude in the room
couples, amateur sex cams!!!

so for now, i'm going to split my time, it's mfc in the morning (no lag)... and streamate in the evenings (no lag)

#justsaying

Yeah, I browsed StreamMate last night for a while. Saw some cuties, did a gold show and a private. I also went and said hi to Frankie when I saw her online.

I will say this, though, the cam quality on StreamMate is WORLDS better than MFC for many of the models on the first page, even when making their cams bigger in the options. It's also cool that models using HD cams can be seen in 16x9 format over 4x3 format (Frankie's cam was like this, for example).

But, at the same time, I noticed some things that were a little off putting. Like when a model accidentally sends a message only to the member that was meant for another member (I'm not sure how it works in classic chat with how the model sends the more private messages), at leas I assume that's what the bold text means over the normal text from a model.

Also, it's not off putting, but there are MANY more American studio girls on StreamMate than MFC. I saw quite a few working from the same studio in AZ over the course of my time on there. Like EU studios, it's fairly easy to tell the studio rooms from normal apartment/house rooms: glaring wall/rug colors, all the rooms for different models look very similar, etc. I know there are American studios out there, but on StreamMate you can really see them in action as opposed to sites like MFC.

I also like how if a gold show doesn't start, you don't get charged for it; but at the same time, the model sets her own time limit for the gold show ahead of time, so it's best to look at how long she plans on doing it and the minimum buy in before joining one. It's entirely possible to see a model do a 5-6 minute gold show, with a $10+ by in that doesn't start until she reaches $300, as an example. Though some models will start their gold shows if the goal isn't reached if it is close enough. Most of the buy ins I saw were $3-$5 for 6-10 minute shows, most of them were also around $200 to start, which seemed more than reasonable.

Still, I found a few cuties I will probably go visit in the future on there for some private time or gold shows.

Reactions: Crumb
I must admit yer last point got me a tiny bit confused :think:

UncleThursday said:
Yeah, I browsed StreamMate last night for a while. Saw some cuties, did a gold show and a private. I also went and said hi to Frankie when I saw her online.

I will say this, though, the cam quality on StreamMate is WORLDS better than MFC for many of the models on the first page, even when making their cams bigger in the options. It's also cool that models using HD cams can be seen in 16x9 format over 4x3 format (Frankie's cam was like this, for example).
(widescreen broadcast ftw)

But, at the same time, I noticed some things that were a little off putting. Like when a model accidentally sends a message only to the member that was meant for another member (I'm not sure how it works in classic chat with how the model sends the more private messages), at leas I assume that's what the bold text means over the normal text from a model.
I'm not sure a model accidentally sending a message to the wrong person is a reflection on SM as a whole.

Also, it's not off putting, but there are MANY more American studio girls on StreamMate than MFC. I saw quite a few working from the same studio in AZ over the course of my time on there. Like EU studios, it's fairly easy to tell the studio rooms from normal apartment/house rooms: glaring wall/rug colors, all the rooms for different models look very similar, etc. I know there are American studios out there, but on StreamMate you can really see them in action as opposed to sites like MFC.
Is this a bad thing?

I also like how if a gold show doesn't start, you don't get charged for it; but at the same time, the model sets her own time limit for the gold show ahead of time, so it's best to look at how long she plans on doing it and the minimum buy in before joining one. It's entirely possible to see a model do a 5-6 minute gold show, with a $10+ by in that doesn't start until she reaches $300, as an example. Though some models will start their gold shows if the goal isn't reached if it is close enough. Most of the buy ins I saw were $3-$5 for 6-10 minute shows, most of them were also around $200 to start, which seemed more than reasonable.
Ok, has confuzzles on this one. You have an issue that the model sets her own countdown goals (like in MFC) and how long the show will last (like in MFC) and how long she is willing to wait (like in MFC)? The only difference is the minimum buy-in, but you seemed bothered that some models asked for more per minute or more overall? Usually, the quality of the show is expressed by how much the model is asking, so it doesn't seem odd that a model would ask for more money in exchange for a higher quality show.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Evvie said:

UncleThursday said:

And general overall cam quality, I would say.

Evvie said:
I'm not sure a model accidentally sending a message to the wrong person is a reflection on SM as a whole.

It wasn't a reflection of the site, maybe more a reflection of possible quirks in the model interface. I was literally getting messages replying to someone else for like a minute and a half from one model. Obviously, this is less of an issue with the models who talk.

Evvie said:
Is this a bad thing?

Not necessarily bad, but more unused to seeing from someone who normally frequents MFC. Though, some of the room colors were BAD. The models, however, were pleasant and nice on the eyes. But the majority of American models on MFC don't broadcast from a brick and mortar studio, so for someone more used to seeing 'everyday' surroundings from American models, it was kind of shocking to see just how many on SM were in American studios.

Evvie said:
Ok, has confuzzles on this one. You have an issue that the model sets her own countdown goals (like in MFC) and how long the show will last (like in MFC) and how long she is willing to wait (like in MFC)? The only difference is the minimum buy-in, but you seemed bothered that some models asked for more per minute or more overall? Usually, the quality of the show is expressed by how much the model is asking, so it doesn't seem odd that a model would ask for more money in exchange for a higher quality show.

Maybe I worded it a bit wrong. I think it's important for the members looking at the gold show to actually look at the top right of the chat to see how long it is going to be and what the model plans on doing in it; especially for new members of SM. I missed it the first time, the only gold show I was in, but when I saw it I was like, Oh, OK. I also did pay more than the minimum, so it's not the price that took me by surprise. There's more for the member to look at when making a decision is all. If the gold show says she's going to curl her hair, and you didn't realize it, well, you need to have checked beforehand. :p

It's not like, say joining a group on MFC, finding the model isn't doing something that wants to make you stay, and then only paying for as long as you stayed. From what I gather, when the gold show starts, you get charged what you pledged to it, even if you decide to leave early. I could be wrong on this, however.

It's good for the model, though, because unlike MFC groups, where the group number can drop to 1-2 very quickly, and thus the income from the show is far more in flux; she knows exactly how much she asked for to start the gold show and if she starts it without reaching the goal, that was on her. She also sets the initial time limit for the gold show to start, so it's not like she can have a topic up for a few hours that never gets reached.

I suppose the only other thing I should mention for people who havent been to SM, is if you join a private or exclusive, you have to watch your own time. Since you don't buy tokens or credits that you can see going down, your card is simply charged whatever the model's price is for those shows x however long you were in there. If one gets staying in for longer than they thought they initially planned (just lost track of time), they might be in for a shock when they get their bill.

UncleThursday said:
Like when a model accidentally sends a message only to the member that was meant for another member.

Yeah, I don't attempt to use the PM feature anymore because of this.

When a model highlights a member's name to send him a PM, if another guy enters the room just as she's sending the PM, it sorta fucks it up and the PM winds up posting to the entire room for all to see. :woops: That is NOT good, so I don't bother using the feature anymore.

If there's something I want to tell a member privately, I just message his inbox (SM models can't initiate contact with members though, so the member has to message her inbox first...OR if the model has saved an old message from him, she can just reply to that)...or I send him a direct message on Twitter if we're following each other.

UncleThursday said:
Evvie said:

UncleThursday said:

And general overall cam quality, I would say.

Evvie said:

It wasn't a reflection of the site, maybe more a reflection of possible quirks in the model interface. I was literally getting messages replying to someone else for like a minute and a half from one model. Obviously, this is less of an issue with the models who talk.

Evvie said:
Is this a bad thing?

Not necessarily bad, but more unused to seeing from someone who normally frequents MFC. Though, some of the room colors were BAD. The models, however, were pleasant and nice on the eyes. But the majority of American models on MFC don't broadcast from a brick and mortar studio, so for someone more used to seeing 'everyday' surroundings from American models, it was kind of shocking to see just how many on SM were in American studios.

Evvie said:

Maybe I worded it a bit wrong. I think it's important for the members looking at the gold show to actually look at the top right of the chat to see how long it is going to be and what the model plans on doing in it; especially for new members of SM. I missed it the first time, the only gold show I was in, but when I saw it I was like, Oh, OK. I also did pay more than the minimum, so it's not the price that took me by surprise. There's more for the member to look at when making a decision is all. If the gold show says she's going to curl her hair, and you didn't realize it, well, you need to have checked beforehand. :p

It's not like, say joining a group on MFC, finding the model isn't doing something that wants to make you stay, and then only paying for as long as you stayed. From what I gather, when the gold show starts, you get charged what you pledged to it, even if you decide to leave early. I could be wrong on this, however.

It's good for the model, though, because unlike MFC groups, where the group number can drop to 1-2 very quickly, and thus the income from the show is far more in flux; she knows exactly how much she asked for to start the gold show and if she starts it without reaching the goal, that was on her. She also sets the initial time limit for the gold show to start, so it's not like she can have a topic up for a few hours that never gets reached.

I suppose the only other thing I should mention for people who havent been to SM, is if you join a private or exclusive, you have to watch your own time. Since you don't buy tokens or credits that you can see going down, your card is simply charged whatever the model's price is for those shows x however long you were in there. If one gets staying in for longer than they thought they initially planned (just lost track of time), they might be in for a shock when they get their bill.
You are indeed not refunded if you leave a gold show early. An important note, if you join a show when it's already half over, you are charged for the whole thing. The remaining amount of time is shown in the bottom left corner of the feed - I have had members join with like 30 seconds left and get upset because they didn't check to see how much time was left.

As far as dealing with exclusive charges, it may benefit men to nab a light-weight timer from Cnet to keep track of their time. Or, you could edit your account settings to change your daily limit (my daily limit is $25, I believe) and it will automatically end shows once you hit your limit.

Regarding the studios, the major Streamate studios are actually considered to be very helpful. An experienced independent model who has access to good technology wouldn't need a studio regardless of the site, but some of these studios promise (and apparently deliver) huge amounts of money to models who sign up - models who otherwise wouldn't be able to compete.

Evvie said:
You are indeed not refunded if you leave a gold show early. An important note, if you join a show when it's already half over, you are charged for the whole thing. The remaining amount of time is shown in the bottom left corner of the feed - I have had members join with like 30 seconds left and get upset because they didn't check to see how much time was left.

As I thought. I pledged before the gold show, and was in it the entire 8 minutes... it just seemed, to me, a little short for the $250 or so asked to start it (I do realize the model makes only 35% on SM, so she got around $80-$90 out of it). However, it's not like one single member has to finish the gold, himself/herself, to start the gold show, so I just took it as "oh, look up there before joining a gold show to see what she'll do and how long it will be" moment.

The idea, however, is sound. Basically a pre-paid group show where the model knows exactly how much he or she will earn (since SM allows male models and couples). Compared to how hit or miss MFC's group shows are for models, this is a more secure way to ensure earnings from them.

Evvie said:
As far as dealing with exclusive charges, it may benefit men to nab a light-weight timer from Cnet to keep track of their time. Or, you could edit your account settings to change your daily limit (my daily limit is $25, I believe) and it will automatically end shows once you hit your limit.

This is good to know. If I continue to frequent SM sites, I will look into this spending limit option.

Evvie said:
Regarding the studios, the major Streamate studios are actually considered to be very helpful. An experienced independent model who has access to good technology wouldn't need a studio regardless of the site, but some of these studios promise (and apparently deliver) huge amounts of money to models who sign up - models who otherwise wouldn't be able to compete.

Interesting that SM owns some of the studios that broadcast on it. And I was always aware of American studios, I just thought they weren't as prevalent as EU studios. They might not be, still. But with SM owning some of them, it makes sense that a good chunk of their American models would be in the studios. It probably also helps for the younger models who may still live at home to have the job, but not worry about the parental units finding out/accidentally walking in.

UncleThursday said:
I pledged before the gold show, and was in it the entire 8 minutes... it just seemed, to me, a little short for the $250 or so asked to start it.

You have to realize that some models try to stick to $1/minute Gold show pricing (if I did Gold shows, I'd do it that way and would go no less than $1/min), so if she's doing an 8 minute Gold show you'd have to chip in $8 Gold. I've actually seen guys complain about chipping in 8 freaking bucks, and it's laughable to me because this is a BARGAIN. If they knew how much they'd have to spend TOTAL in premium or exclusive for an 8-minute show, they'd really see that a Gold show is a bargain that only a fool would complain about/pass up.

Also, when it comes to the $1/min pricing, if you tell a model that 8 minutes is "too short" and you want 15 minutes instead, then you and the other guys better be willing to chip in $15 Gold each for the show. Some models don't do the $1/min thing though, and might have it at 50 cents/minute. So instead of $8 Gold for 8 minutes, they'll do $4 Gold for 8 minutes. Now this is an even bigger bargain than the original deal offered, but you'd be surprised how many guys will still sit there twiddling their thumbs and not chip in. I see so many models offering extremely generous deals too (offering 20 HD sex vids to each person who chips in $4 for the Gold show), and still not be able to get enough guys contributing towards her Gold show. Some of them even have the nerve to tell the model "Make it $1 for 15 minutes, bb, and I'll buy in." :doh

And a model with a $250 Gold show goal is probably a popular top row model who gets LOTS of room viewers, and she knows that she can pull off a $250 goal. Nothing wrong with that. The only thing YOU have to worry about is paying the $8 or whatever to reserve your spot. Once you do that, all that's left to do is hope that some of the other 100+/200+ guys chip in too, so that the show can happen. Sometimes I see guys telling a model "You should just do the show anyway for 50 Gold." :lol: Dude, if her goal was $250, she's not gonna accept it at $50...lol. She might be willing to do it at $200 though since that's close to 250.

The_Brown_Fox said:
UncleThursday said:
I pledged before the gold show, and was in it the entire 8 minutes... it just seemed, to me, a little short for the $250 or so asked to start it.

You have to realize that some models try to stick to $1/minute Gold show pricing (if I did Gold shows, I'd do it that way and would go no less than $1/min), so if she's doing an 8 minute Gold show you'd have to chip in $8 Gold. I've actually seen guys complain about chipping in 8 freaking bucks, and it's laughable to me because this is a BARGAIN. If they knew how much they'd have to spend TOTAL in premium or exclusive for an 8-minute show, they'd really see that a Gold show is a bargain that only a fool would complain about/pass up.

Also, when it comes to the $1/min pricing, if you tell a model that 8 minutes is "too short" and you want 15 minutes instead, then you and the other guys better be willing to chip in $15 Gold each for the show. Some models don't do the $1/min thing though, and might have it at 50 cents/minute. So instead of $8 Gold for 8 minutes, they'll do $4 Gold for 8 minutes. Now this is an even bigger bargain than the original deal offered, but you'd be surprised how many guys will still sit there twiddling their thumbs and not chip in. I see so many models offering extremely generous deals too (offering 20 HD sex vids to each person who chips in $4 for the Gold show), and still not be able to get enough guys contributing towards her Gold show. Some of them even have the nerve to tell the model "Make it $1 for 15 minutes, bb, and I'll buy in." :doh

And a model with a $250 Gold show goal is probably a popular top row model who gets LOTS of room viewers, and she knows that she can pull off a $250 goal. Nothing wrong with that. The only thing YOU have to worry about is paying the $8 or whatever to reserve your spot. Once you do that, all that's left to do is hope that some of the other 100+/200+ guys chip in too, so that the show can happen. Sometimes I see guys telling a model "You should just do the show anyway for 50 Gold." :lol: Dude, if her goal was $250, she's not gonna accept it at $50...lol. She might be willing to do it at $200 though since that's close to 250.

I wanted to elaborate on this a little more as well. You have to remember that the percentage the models on SM are paid is quite a bit less than MFC. A model makes a little less doing a $250 gold show than a model on MFC doing a 2000 token countdown. The top models on SM are going to be able to do more gold shows at this rate and a top model on MFC is probably going to ask for a lot more that 2000 tokens for a cum show. When I do a large countdown (300 gold+ is what I would consider large) and guys complain, I always remind them to not pay attention to the goal but to what they are paying! They are getting a deal, my premium rate is 5.99/min and I don't do anal or squirting in prem chat.

Reactions: LadyLuna
The_Brown_Fox said:
UncleThursday said:

Yeah, it really does have to be looked at as how much each member is paying per minute vs how much she is asking for in total. Because, again, it's not like one single person has to throw down all the money to get it started.

At right around $1 per minute per person, it equals out to the same as a group on MFC, but it's just a pre-determined time limit group that if you put money towards you will be paying for the whole thing, even if you don't stay the whole time (so, might as well stay and make the most of it).

I went on last night, again, and KittyWilde was on. And I've always liked Kitty, so I popped in and did a gold show with her-- and, wow, the difference in cam quality for her on SM vs her on MFC is night and day, and her cam isn't anywhere near bad on MFC. But it still took her a few tries to get the gold show going. Looking at Kitty's way of doing things, mostly gold shows or exclusives, it shows how the models can use the 'set your own rates' to their advantage. She doesn't like or do the normal privates, so in order to show it, she sets her normal private rate at almost double her exclusive rate. So, since most people probably don't want to pay $15 a minute for the group private, they'll more likely pay the lower rate for her exclusive private. And after the gold show, someone took her exclusive for at least half an hour. :p

And, yes, the model can decide to do the gold show even if the goal isn't reached. But I would assume most of them wouldn't do it unless their goal was at least 75% reached or greater, depending on the asking price.

UncleThursday said:
KittyWilde was on. She doesn't like or do the normal privates, so in order to show it, she sets her normal private rate at almost double her exclusive rate.

I like KittyWilde too and her style. :) I'm the same way about premiums too. I don't like to do them, so I set the price for it higher than exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.