AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchat: Latest News, New Features & Important Updates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Yep it's definitely possible and i think it has been like it for a good month or so now.
Top right-click your profile > Settings and Privacy. Scroll down slightly to see "Change username" (it's next to your email + password
Is the username change available only on model accounts?

Upvote 0
That's really cool about the 'Clear chat' feature. 👍 I wish every cam site had that! Another instance I can think of for a model to really benefit from that is if they happen to get a member who blurts out their real name (or other personal shit) in the public chat, and the model wants it removed from the chat ASAP.

Upvote 0
And as far as I know, the clear chat seems to completely clear everything.
I have been in a room a few times where there are 100s of messages, the model clears it and hey presto, everything is gone
Interesting, I have not seen it often in my friend's room, and did not pay super close attention when I did, but it certainly did not clear all of the chat. Only back maybe 2 - 3 "screens" worth.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I have not seen it often in my friend's room, and did not pay super close attention when I did, but it certainly did not clear all of the chat. Only back maybe 2 - 3 "screens" worth.

When she did it, are you saying it didn't clear it all and it left some of the chat? That has certainly not happened before, and I can think of one room in particular that gets busy with greys doing the "I love you" chat and fills the chat with 2 women on cam, and they often use the clear chat feature when they get a bit too much, and it definitely always clears the whole thing - only leaving announcements and tips.

Upvote 0
When she did it, are you saying it didn't clear it all and it left some of the chat? That has certainly not happened before, and I can think of one room in particular that gets busy with greys doing the "I love you" chat and fills the chat with 2 women on cam, and they often use the clear chat feature when they get a bit too much, and it definitely always clears the whole thing - only leaving announcements and tips.
Hard to describe, I mean you can scroll the public chat back a *long* way on a PC, (I think about an hour's worth) but it certainly did not clear ALL the chat.

As I said, probably about 3 "screens" worth of chat. Hard to tell of course since it was gone ;) .
I suspect it probably clears "xx minutes" worth of chat. If she does it again I will check the timestamp of the "first" message that is still visible.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I just got an e-mail from Stripchat with "Best updates of 2022 for you to explore" and one of the updates mentioned was a possibility to change your username, which is something I've been asking for here couple times. Is it really possible now? I don't think I saw it announced and I read everything posted in Stripchat threads.

I missed adding the update to ACF - sorry everyone 🤦‍♀️ my fault
But we did add it to Stripchat Model News so don't forget to always check this info each time you log into your Broadcast Centre 😉

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 11.31.14 AM.png

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
🌟 🆕 🌟

Change Your Username!

🌟 🆕 🌟

How often can you change your username? Once per 60 days.
Studio models can change usernames by asking their studio to do it.
The changes will apply immediately.

Instructions:
Settings and Privacy > My Username > set your new name

Old username visibility: By default, viewers will still be able to find you by your old username via profile link or search, but if you prefer a fresh start, you can also choose to hide the old username forever. Instructions: After you change your username > check the box in the settings area: Nobody can find me by my old username.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 11.34.21 AM.png

Upvote 0
🆕 🌟 🆕

New Tipper Ranking to Motivate Fans Spoil You With $$$

🆕 🌟 🆕

The new “Current Month Top Tippers” list will make viewers feel like they are in a real-time marathon. Motivate them to stay on top by showing your affection!

Our new tipper ranking is a nice addition to the existing “Last Month Top Tippers” and “Top Tippers Daily”. It will help viewers track their progress during the month.

Instructions: Make tipper rankings visible to viewers in the room > In the “Set Up & Start Broadcast” window (Model Dashboard) > go to “Top Tippers” in the user list > turn on the “Make Visible for All Users” option.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 2.03.16 PM.png

Upvote 0
🆕 🌟 🆕

Find Crypto Transaction Hash/ID in Payments

🆕 🌟 🆕

If you're a crypto user, you can now find the hash/ID for any blockchain transaction in your Payments history.

A transaction hash/ID is also sometimes known as tx hash or txn hash. The days when you had to contact Support to find out your transaction hash are over. You now always have it at your fingertips at any given moment.

To get the hash/ID of any crypto transaction:

Instructions: Go to Payments history > Find the transaction you need > find the Status column > Click/tap the copy icon to Copy the transaction hash

NOTE:
  • You can copy a transaction hash only when the transaction's status is Paid
  • Transaction hash/IDs are only available for transactions that took place starting 05.12.2022

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 2.03.30 PM.png

Reactions: LolaLuv and NotYou
Upvote 0
🆕 🌟 🆕

🆕 🌟 🆕

The new “Current Month Top Tippers” list will make viewers feel like they are in a real-time marathon. Motivate them to stay on top by showing your affection!

Our new tipper ranking is a nice addition to the existing “Last Month Top Tippers” and “Top Tippers Daily”. It will help viewers track their progress during the month.

Instructions: Make tipper rankings visible to viewers in the room > In the “Set Up & Start Broadcast” window (Model Dashboard) > go to “Top Tippers” in the user list > turn on the “Make Visible for All Users” option.

View attachment 95174
From a member point of view, can they opt out of being listed in that ranking?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
From a member point of view, can they opt out of being listed in that ranking?
I would think it unlikely. It is more whether the model chooses to use it or not.

It has advantages and disadvantages, it may well foster competitiveness in some tippers. But others do not want people to see a tally of what they tip. Also if a model is having a very slow month, etc, it would show that and may affect how many, or the quality of, visitors they attract.

Upvote 0
🆕 🌟 🆕

🆕 🌟 🆕

View attachment 95174
Nice feature addition: however, I see it likely causing consternation amongst some of your site-tippers (as a privacy concern). To remove the aforementioned concern, I would suggest having your development-team consider offering a more discreet version of this feature whereby either a user can "opt-out" of appearing on a Tippers List (globally) or/and having all usernames on the list be removed or obfuscated (blurred, ******, or XXXXXX) publicly except that a user's own name will appear readable to themself or have some other indicator next to their amount, like [YOU], so they can be informed of their own rank on the list and ascertain what they need to tip to move-up in the rankings.

Upvote 0
Exactly my point. I have no issues with people seeing my public tip total for each show when the app shows that info, but I would rather not see a monthly total of how much I had tipped displayed there for all to see. That's something between the model and me.

Yeah, same.

Upvote 0
I hear you guys about appearing on the leaderboard but you can’t really allow opt outs and have it be what it claims to be

A model I visit a lot had made her leaderboard visible yesterday (she tends to try out every new feature when it rolls out to see if she likes it). I mentioned to her that I felt a little weird about my name and placement on it and she ended up hiding it again so it may be worth a discussion with the model. You also have the option of making some or all of your tips anonymous so that is a way to obscure spend that some people use (it’s pretty easy to let the model know it is you tipping)

ETA: actually, you could allow the model to obscure a name so the total appears on the list but the name I blurred out, maybe that’s what you guys meant. But I will tell you that for the top regular tippers, any regular generally knows who those guys are so it would be kind of easy to fill in the blanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hear you guys about appearing on the leaderboard but you can’t really allow opt outs and have it be what it claims to be
I was more thinking of being able to opt out from having your username made public, so the total tipped could be shown but without disclosing who.
No doubt that plenty of users would love to feature prominently in a top tipper list like that, but I'm there for the model, not to see my name in a spotlight.

Upvote 0
I was more thinking of being able to opt out from having your username made public, so the total tipped could be shown but without disclosing who.
No doubt that plenty of users would love to feature prominently in a top tipper list like that, but I'm there for the model, not to see my name in a spotlight.
But if you are a big tipper in a room then people who frequent the room will be able to figure out the missing name pretty quickly. It would be like showing the NBA scoring list with one name obscured and no Steph Curry. Of course Curry is one of the top 10 scorers. Regulars (and even occasional visitors) know who the top public tippers are

Upvote 0
But if you are a big tipper in a room then people who frequent the room will be able to figure out the missing name pretty quickly. It would be like showing the NBA scoring list with one name obscured and no Steph Curry. Of course Curry is one of the top 10 scorers. Regulars (and even occasional visitors) know who the top public tippers are
They may *think* they know, but they would still be guessing. What about private tips, offline tips? Missing a show where a whale drops in?

Upvote 0
They may *think* they know, but they would still be guessing. What about private tips, offline tips? Missing a show where a whale drops in?
What about them? Isn’t the leaderboard just the tips given in the public room? If you give the tips in the public room they are just that. If you are in a room dropping public tips on the regular then yeah, people figure it out fast

As I said, I feel the same way you do about appearing on the leaderboards (and also don't like the model putting screenshots of my tips on her profile). I am just trying to look at this from both sides. My experience is that models will listen if you express your discomfort (if you are one of their top tippers at least)

Upvote 0
What about them? Isn’t the leaderboard just the tips given in the public room? If you give the tips in the public room they are just that. If you are in a room dropping public tips on the regular then yeah, people figure it out fast
Nothing I saw above said it was public tips only. Did I miss that?
Anyway, I support the feature if the model is happy to disclose how much they've earned from their leading tippers, especially as it may help them with some competition - I would just personally prefer to be listed anonymously.
But I could also understand it if a model did not want viewers and other models to see how successful (or not) they'd been.

Upvote 0
I have always thought the leaderboard was just public tips, just like king of the room, but I could be wrong. Probably a question for the SC reps

But I do think it is a useful feature for models because as much as some us don’t love it, other users will be motivated to tip more because guys are competitive as hell

Upvote 0
Anyway, I support the feature if the model is happy to disclose how much they've earned from their leading tippers, especially as it may help them with some competition - I would just personally prefer to be listed anonymously.
But I could also understand it if a model did not want viewers and other models to see how successful (or not) they'd been.

The best way to avoid being on the leaderboard is "anonymous tipping" or PM tips, then they won't count and show you don't he leaderboards.

Upvote 0
The best way to avoid being on the leaderboard is "anonymous tipping" or PM tips, then they won't count and show you don't he leaderboards.
Exactly. I know some users who exclusively use anonymous tipping but make sure the model knows it is them. I have also done this on occasion, but typically when I am trying not to displace a king of the room for some reason

Upvote 0
So even if the usernames on the leader board were hidden (anonymous) it may not truly reflect the highest tip totals, if the user sent them using those methods?

Upvote 0
Hey everyone :blush:

Like always, you have provided me with some great feedback 🤗
It's always good to see all perspectives, the good and the bad, which is exactly what I need as this helps us improve features and develop them to ensure they are helpful and being utilised by all.

All comments are appreciated and are being reviewed as we continue to improve our site and the features we design.

Thank you 🥰

Upvote 0
A few notes om the discount -

That we can set it only once in 24 hours : what if I'm doing a morning and evening shift and want to implement a % discount to both - why can't we do that?

Can't cancel the discount once its activated : just a really silly feature that I don't understand at all, why can't we cancel it?

DISCOUNT % AND DURATION
Why give us such a limited feature? I don't want to give 20% discount and that's where the discount starts. I want to give 5, 10 or maybe 15 % and you didn't put that in as an option. Why??? Why are we again unable to decide what we want to do?
Duration is only 30 and 45 minutes. So, if I set a discount at the beginning of my stream, and no one claims it because the room is too quiet, but after 2 hrs the room gets busy and I want to do some privates with the members, the discount is no longer running as I've already spent my 30-45 min and I can't set another one because I can only do 1 per 24 hrs. Again, why?
Why offer us a feature that is so so limited and makes 0 sense overall, instead of being able to set the discount whenever I want for however long I want with whatever % I want, I'm completely limited by the feature and I have to be super careful when I activate it since I could "spend" the time of the feature at a wrong time and not be able to offer it later when I need / want to.

Also, most of my privates last well over 30 minutes. So in reality only 1 person per 24 hours can get a discounted show with this feature. That's also silly. Why can't for example all 5 of the members asking get a discounted one, I'd be working about 4 hours and could log off, but can't use the discount for all of them due to the way this feature works. So what now I need to schedule these people asking in advance for a week to make sure they get what I'm trying to offer them????

Upvote 0